LittleBigPlanet 3

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack Coming to PS3 Today

Matthew Johns's Avatar + Posted by Matthew Johns on Jun 17, 2014 // Production Assistant, Drinkbox Studios

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

Two years ago, we released Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack for PS Vita to great critical and fan acclaim. Last year, we did nothing Blob-related and shipped some wrestling game. This year, we’ve been working on ways to make the experience bigger and better for customers who want Mutant Blobs Attack in the living-room on PS3. Soon, we’ll be adding you to our design process, so that you can help us shape the future of how Mutant Blobs do their Attacking.

Be sure to check out the Delicious Bundle featuring the PS3 game + soundtrack + theme + avatars for $11.49.

Already own the Vita version? Then you can get the Vita Upgrade Bundle (everything in the Delicious Bundle) for $3.99.

Also, Mutant Blobs Attack and all of its bundles will be 10% off for PlayStation Plus subscribers for one week.

Finally, you don’t have to carry your PS Vita all the way to the living room just to play Mutant Blobs Attack in your living room. And we plan to run a contest for Mutant Blobs Attack download codes, too! Head over to our Twitter for more information.

+ Gorvi on June 17th, 2014 at 8:03 am said:

Awesome game. I loved it on the Vita and really don’t feel I need it on the PS3, but it’ll be great for people who don’t have a Vita to play.

+ madmanwithabox12 on June 17th, 2014 at 8:09 am said:

Decent game. Vastly preferred Guacamelee! though.

Seems the Vita loses another exclusive this day. =/

+ naDOOFUS on June 17th, 2014 at 8:22 am said:

The game has been on steam for almost two years, PS Vita didn’t ‘loose another exclusive’ today.

+ JeffsonP on June 17th, 2014 at 8:29 am said:

I thought Delicious Vita Upgrade was new DLC. :(
I was happy.

+ zztoluca on June 17th, 2014 at 8:30 am said:

Are those that got it for free with PS+ excluded from this deal?

Matthew Johns's Avatar

+ Matthew Johns on June 17th, 2014 at 9:19 am said:

You are included!

+ xClayMeow on June 17th, 2014 at 8:48 am said:

So fun on Vita and the first Vita game I 100%’d.

I too was hoping this was “real” DLC with new levels. Oh well. I won’t be purchasing this because I don’t have a PS3 and don’t care about avatars.

+ veryhoudini11 on June 17th, 2014 at 8:49 am said:

this is a great game. im glad its branching out beyond the vita and pc versions. thanks for the upgrade incae we want the ps3 ver.

+ nolo451 on June 17th, 2014 at 8:56 am said:

This was actually pretty fun on the Vita. If I hadn’t already played it on that, I would get this.

+ DKTorres on June 17th, 2014 at 10:06 am said:

We don’t want a ps3 version ! We want dlc !

+ Aalicia on June 17th, 2014 at 10:23 am said:

I’m kinda lost (probably because I’m sleep-deprived), if we own the vita version, all we have to do is spend $3.99 on the upgrade and we’ll get the ps3 version + soundtrack + themes + avatars?

Matthew Johns's Avatar

+ Matthew Johns on June 17th, 2014 at 10:33 am said:

Correct!

+ Darth_NODlike on June 17th, 2014 at 10:27 am said:

If we buy the bundle, we get it on PS3 and Vita, correct? Is there cross-save? And if the soundtrack is half as good as Guacamelee’s then I am stoked!

Matthew Johns's Avatar

+ Matthew Johns on June 17th, 2014 at 10:35 am said:

The Delicious Bundle does include bother the PS3 and Vita versions. Unfortunately, there is no cross-save :(

Matthew Johns's Avatar

+ Matthew Johns on June 17th, 2014 at 10:35 am said:

*both

+ Drew_Croft on June 17th, 2014 at 10:39 am said:

Wow, extremely good bundle price. Will be getting!

+ aro52 on June 17th, 2014 at 10:45 am said:

New trophy list + that price… count me in!

+ EthanielRain on June 17th, 2014 at 11:33 am said:

Bought this on Vita when it first came out, is a fantastic little platformer.

+ dkarlowicz10 on June 17th, 2014 at 12:18 pm said:

Is there a chance that Tales from Space: About a Blob might appear on the Vita? I loved playing Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack on the Vita. About a Blob would be a nice addition for the Vita.

Matthew Johns's Avatar

+ Matthew Johns on June 17th, 2014 at 2:23 pm said:

Agreed! No plans yet, but you never know.

+ tusunami on June 17th, 2014 at 1:12 pm said:

This was a good incentive for people that have the game already I still haven’t played the game that I got free from ps plus.

+ AlexGeorgeARG on June 17th, 2014 at 1:38 pm said:

Already bought the Vita Upgrade Bundle (rockin’ my new avatar lol). Loved Mutant Blobs Attack on my Vita and I want to play it again on my PS3 so this was a no brainer. Keep being awesome, based Drinkbox! Love you guys :D

+ CaptnBrainslide on June 17th, 2014 at 1:51 pm said:

I`m confused – I know for sure that I already have this on the PS3 from last year, though I`ve only played through the Vita version so far. It`s a fun game but I don`t see anything new about it on PS3 aside from the new bundles. Looks like I lose out on the bonus goodies for having gotten both versions before this though.

+ snakeman07 on June 17th, 2014 at 3:00 pm said:

Loved this on Vita! It was my first 100% trophy wise on the Vita, and was a great first experience for a new Vita owner around Christmas time in 2012. The discount for Vita owners is welcoming. Thank you!

+ LeeorV on June 17th, 2014 at 3:03 pm said:

Deal maker or breaker as to whether I’m buying the upgrade: is the PS3 version of the game running at 60FPS? (vita version was 30FPS)

Matthew Johns's Avatar

+ Matthew Johns on June 18th, 2014 at 7:39 am said:

It totally runs at 60 fps!

+ evhoria on June 21st, 2014 at 2:12 pm said:

There seems to be something wrong with the vita upgrade bundle. It doesn’t appear in the PSN store on the Vita. So I went on my pc and purchased “Delicious Vita Upgrade” but when I go back to the vita download list, it says “Cannot download using a PS Vita system”.