Uncharted 4

Jun 19

Jun 19

Valiant Hearts: Historical Research & The Dogs In The Trenches

Ed Casey's Avatar Posted by Content Manager, Ubisoft

Though the characters in Valiant Hearts are fictional, the game is based in the very real and tragic history of World War I. Teaming with World War I historian groups, the Valiant Hearts development team was able to craft a story rooted deeply in the history of the era that tells the story of individuals swept up in the chaos and destruction of The Great War.

In this Developer Diary we learn about the research done by the development team in order to weave historical fact and fiction together and tell a story of crossed destinies and a broken love torn apart by the chaos and horror of the war. We also meet Walt The Dog and learn about “casualty dogs” or “mercy dogs” and the role they played in the trenches and on the battlefields in the darkest nights of World War I.

Valiant Hearts: The Great War

Valiant Hearts: The Great WarValiant Hearts: The Great War

Valiant Hearts will be available June 24th, 2014 on PS4 and PS3. Check out Valiant Hearts on Facebook, Twitter, or on its official website for the latest updates.

Add Your Own

Qu3st39 said:

June 19th, 9:06 am

I have been looking forward to this game since I played it at PAXEast. Really nice story and fun game play.

CapJSheridan said:

June 19th, 9:08 am

Waiting for a Vita version

madmanwithabox12 said:

June 19th, 9:08 am

Found the E3 trailer really touching. Please tell me you’re going to put this on Vita.

BulletTooth228 said:

June 19th, 9:09 am

Art style slightly reminds me of Valkyria Chronicles, man I miss VC!!!!!.

Even thou beautiful this game seems depressing.. I don’t like crying during my fun time, but it looks good, Hopefully there is a demo.

DanteMerfi said:

June 19th, 9:15 am

I’m very intrigued. I’ll keep my eye on it.

Rezolution77 said:

June 19th, 9:24 am

Vita.
NoVitaNoBuy.

Rezolution77 said:

June 19th, 9:30 am

Games of this caliber are best suited for the Vita.
Having CrossBuy with the PS3 and 4 would simply make this an instant hit/buy and vice versa, and what was advertised as a system seller.

Looking forward to Child of Light.

Sharingan_itachi said:

June 19th, 9:32 am

What about Vita?

Rezolution77 said:

June 19th, 9:34 am

Oh…
MORE UBISOFT SALES!!!!!

Waiting on a few more of your PSP titles myself, but keep them coming.

charleschannels said:

June 19th, 9:37 am

Downgrading fiascos aside, Ubisoft is yet to dissapoint me with the overall quality of their games. This game surely interest me, but I hope the price is right, though. Nowadays that is always an important factor to consider.

PhoenixDowny said:

June 19th, 9:47 am

Please bring Valiant Hearts to the PS Vita! No Vita no Buy! Ubisoft MUST support the PS Vita lot more! I really wanna see a new Prince of Persia and Beyond Good and Evil on the PS Vita also!

italodancemp3 said:

June 19th, 9:52 am

Yes no Vita no Buy

I don’t understand what’s the problem for adding this game for vita too?

xClayMeow said:

June 19th, 9:59 am

Was going to pick this up on Steam, but if the reviews for Child of Light on Vita are good (namely, no performance issues), then I’ll likely hold off for the inevitable Vita port.

TangoThief said:

June 19th, 10:05 am

This looks so sad. T_T

But also beautiful. I think this is an important game, and I hope it sells well. Also, Mercy Dogs are, I think, one of the more interesting aspects of war. Very touching that you’d include them here.

Hefestus91 said:

June 19th, 10:09 am

I usually don’t comment here, but I’m just going to voice my concern as everybody else.

NO VITA NO BUY.

Just as Child of Light, did not buy it for PS3/PS4, but I’m just eager for July 1st to put my hands on it on my vita :D

klassymike said:

June 19th, 10:09 am

Really looking forward to playing this one! Thanks for the continued support for the the PS3.

For all the Vita owners wondering why every game isn’t on your handheld, it’s a whole different thing developing for it, which costs more money to make, and then to expect everything to be cross buy too?? Go figure.

Matrix_Lion said:

June 19th, 10:13 am

I’m real in the field.

klassymike said:

June 19th, 10:21 am

Also I read an article the other day saying it’s not “Economically viable” to develop games for the Vita, so that could very well be another reason every game isn’t made for it.

FearMonkey said:

June 19th, 10:42 am

Seems like a great game but no way in heck am I playing it. Way too sad.

madmanwithabox12 said:

June 19th, 10:47 am

As a genuine Vita owner, those of you yelling “no vita no buy” every where are just pathetic. Can’t you ask nicely?

GlouGlouGlou81 said:

June 19th, 11:31 am

Please, we want a Vita version of this game !

This game is perfect for the Vita like Rayman Legends and Origins.

( Ubisoft Montpellier ! )

plaztiksyke said:

June 19th, 11:47 am

Not going to buy until I know the Vita version will be cross-buy (or cross-discount). I’ve been screwed too many times by Ubisoft at this point, and the PS4 Rayman Legends’ lack of feature parity with the Wii U version (and absolutely no post-release updates) was the last straw.

The game looks really cool, but Ubisoft pulling Activision-like anti-consumer shenanigans is a huge turn-off for me. There’s plenty of other games to play in the meantime.

Disionity said:

June 19th, 11:51 am

@madmanwithabox12

I agree. While a Vita version would be very nice and is much desired on my end, if one was truly interested in this game they wouldn’t completely refuse to buy it unless it was being ported to the PS Vita.

Naksito said:

June 19th, 12:00 pm

Why can’t this game be for psvita?I definatly agree with everybody!
NO VITA,NO BUY.

Elway358 said:

June 19th, 12:25 pm

Definitely looking forward to this! Them feels are real!

ALIEN-gunner said:

June 19th, 12:52 pm

I’d like to buy this, but only for my Vita. These types of games belong on a handheld.

tusunami said:

June 19th, 1:12 pm

This is a game that I can’t wait to play I just now need to know how much this will be .

davidxraw said:

June 19th, 1:40 pm

Can we get Beyond Good & Evil HD for PlayStation Plus? I would really appreciate this.

yowzagabowza said:

June 19th, 2:28 pm

Its priced stupidly like every other game now. $15. Not guna get it until its 10 or less. Or shoot, ill just wait til sony pays for it for me on plus. That seems better since Ubisoft is on mt **** list.

antibolo said:

June 19th, 2:51 pm

Gonna wait for the inevitable Vita port.

lisatsunami said:

June 19th, 3:18 pm

Can’t play any game, watch any movie, where dogs are in danger. Can’t. Wont. Good luck with your game as this is an important and interesting historical period.

Hefestus91 said:

June 19th, 5:30 pm

Did people saying that will wait for the “inevitable vita version” not realize of the pun or it was just coincidence. IneVITAble… get it?

blue_flare9001 said:

June 19th, 7:20 pm

I’m anxiously waiting for Child of Light to hit PS Vita and I’m waiting for this to (hopefully) also make the jump to Vita.

Ubisoft, can you please make this for the Vita? Pretty please?

ethanreaper said:

June 19th, 9:46 pm

dear playstation can you please put skyrim on playstation plus instant game collection.it is a fun rpg game that i will always play.thank you;)

spacemonkeyham said:

June 19th, 11:15 pm

I’d also like the option to play this on my Vita, but I’ll most likely want to watch the art on my big screen.

Welmosca said:

June 19th, 11:26 pm

Pretty cool…game looks promising…and wow its releasing tuesday…any chance of a demo?…

rabidninjamonky said:

June 19th, 11:50 pm

I appreciate all the support from Ubisoft for Vita and I really can’t wait for Child of Light, but I agree with @11 PhoenixDowny’s entire comment, especially a brand new 2d side-scroller Prince of Persia! I’d also buy a brand new Outland for vita or even a port of the first one on day 1! That game was way underrated and would look great on vita.

EbOuNcE88 said:

June 20th, 12:43 am

What a bunch of whiny babies. No wonder every generation before us was smarter, harder workers, and more courageous. Not one comment on this board so far mentions the real point of this game. To remember the history and people (and dogs) who not only gave their lives, but have long since been forgotten. This game should be heavily praised for doing something that actually matters. That being said I really can’t wait. I will buy this day one. World War 1 and great animations? What more could I want in a game!!! and its not a FPS!!

Fardeenah said:

June 20th, 2:30 am

i want a vita version please!

poochfood said:

June 20th, 6:45 am

As do I! I would like a Vita version too! And please do not remind me that I can use remote play from my PS4 either. It”s not the same thing.

paulogy said:

June 20th, 9:28 am

If only Roger Ebert were around to see this

Amnalehu said:

June 20th, 11:13 am

Ubisoft is rapidly becoming my favorite game devs. Child of Light, Rayman, and now this gem! Keep it coming!

Einhander138 said:

June 21st, 9:31 pm

Nice promo video.

Now put it on a disc, and I will buy it.

No physical release – NO SALE.