GTAV PS4

Blue Estate Out Tuesday on PS4, Free Demo & PS Plus Discount

Viktor Kalvachev's Avatar + Posted by Viktor Kalvachev on Jun 20, 2014 // Author, Blue Estate Comic Books

Hi, I’m Viktor Kalvachev, the creator of Blue Estate, and today I’d like to introduce you to Tony Luciano, one of the two characters you can play in our brand new arcade shooter.

Life isn’t always easy for the only son of the Boss of the West Coast Mob. Your dad says things like “Your mother still cries herself to sleep every night for giving birth to such an imbecile.” Tony grew up an angry kid and became a vicious killer, whose diplomacy skills begin and end with a .357 Desert Eagle.

Blue Estate is out next week with a free demo available for all PS4 players. And for as low as $19.99 with an additional 20% off for PS+ members, it just doesn’t get any better. Play the demo alone or with a friend in co-op mode, enjoy some good old light gun arcade action, and spread the word. Once you’ve mastered the game, you can up the next difficulty level and test your skills.

Blue Estate on PS4

Blue Estate on PS4Blue Estate on PS4

And should you need any more info, feel free to visit our Facebook page!

GET READY FOR A HELLUVA RIDE!

+ Mercenary09 on June 20th, 2014 at 7:46 am said:

Looks interesting but a little too pricey for me. I’ll wait for a sale or for it to be free with Plus.

+ WFMMK on June 20th, 2014 at 7:52 am said:

I’ll be buying this one ASAP.

+ SmokeAdellic on June 20th, 2014 at 7:55 am said:

Move suppirt?

Viktor Kalvachev's Avatar

+ Viktor Kalvachev on June 20th, 2014 at 8:12 am said:

The dual shock is actually a lot more responsive and precise than the move. I strongly encourage you to download the demo and give it a shot. You will be pleasantly surprised. It works the same way, but you are no longer dependent on a camera, giving you the opportunity to play in any position you feel comfortable in and reset the reticle as often as you need.

+ Patsrule0316 on June 20th, 2014 at 8:01 am said:

Never heard of it before today, but it looks interesting. I’ll give the demo a shot, and see if it is cool. Looks like a modern take on the last Call of Juarez game (that was a very good game). Good luck!

+ komentra on June 20th, 2014 at 8:03 am said:

I’ve also never heard of it before today. Asking $20 for a game that has zero buzz is pretty bold. I’ll most definitely try out the demo and hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

+ DanteMerfi on June 20th, 2014 at 8:08 am said:

Looks impressive, actually.

+ KazeEternal on June 20th, 2014 at 8:12 am said:

@1 It’s already on Sale for PS+. It’s 20% off. Assuming my math is not off that’s 16 dollars for this game. What’s the problem?

+ Mercenary09 on June 20th, 2014 at 8:26 am said:

@7 $16 is still a lot for this game that has no buzz around it. It’s my money if I want to wait for a BIGGER discount I will.

+ Dionysus-Jones on June 20th, 2014 at 8:44 am said:

@8: Hype doesn’t equal quality. I hope you have fun starving developers, though.

+ Mercenary09 on June 20th, 2014 at 9:02 am said:

@9 Yea i’m sure them not getting my $16 is going to starve them. You act like you have a stake in the company. Fact is I won’t be getting this game until it is under $10 or is free. I find it funny that you want to attack others over not buying the game when you yourself don’t even know how good the game will be yet.

+ Sonicfan11589 on June 20th, 2014 at 9:19 am said:

Wow, a light gun game, i’ve been liking these since Resident Evil has done it with the 2 Chronicles games and House of the Dead.

If u can reveal, is there as much content as House of The Dead: Overkill?

+ Sharingan_itachi on June 20th, 2014 at 9:21 am said:

What about vita?

Viktor Kalvachev's Avatar

+ Viktor Kalvachev on June 20th, 2014 at 9:44 am said:

No plans for Vita at this time, sorry.

+ KidGreengene on June 20th, 2014 at 9:23 am said:

@10: I think they are questioning your reason for the decision… rather than playing a free demo to see what the game is like, you instead lump it into a bargain bin because of “no hype”. And because of that being the reason, it leads them to feel you are sticking it to developers and only buying hype machines. Nothing wrong with it, per se. I’ll try the demo to see what I feel about the game and hopefully it convinces me $16 is a good price :)

Is this at all related to the Image comic book, Blue Estate? Never mind.. just read above that you are the author of it. Good work.

Viktor Kalvachev's Avatar

+ Viktor Kalvachev on June 21st, 2014 at 7:50 am said:

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the book. The levels where Lino and Mauro provide Clarence with “critical intel” over the phone will be even funnier for people familiar with the characters and their background :)

+ gold_og_roger on June 20th, 2014 at 9:36 am said:

This looks interesting and fresh! I remember seeing a prior ps.blog article on this. Looking forward to getting it this summer.

+ PHACE973 on June 20th, 2014 at 9:41 am said:

ehhh i’ll pass.. why does it seem like ps4 released predominantly 1st person shooters….IT GETS BORING.

+ vstarwow on June 20th, 2014 at 9:51 am said:

@10 If you think $16 is too pricey for you, what about battlefield hardline? EA priced a stand-alone DLC $59.99.

+ yowzagabowza on June 20th, 2014 at 9:57 am said:

What do you mean “as low as” 19.99?

+ Dnut on June 20th, 2014 at 10:08 am said:

Love on rails- “light gun” shooters. To see the response regarding no Move support I’m bummed out. There’s no way it’s more accurate or else light gun games in the arcades would have a game pad not gun. I will def try out demo and hope to be proven wrong.

+ MusicMan05 on June 20th, 2014 at 11:06 am said:

@18 If I’m not mistaken it sounds like it will still have the same movement controls as a lightgun game, without the need for the move. If you’ve played Second Son, the DS4 controller is pretty accurate for aiming in a light gun style game.

+ Dionysus-Jones on June 20th, 2014 at 11:25 am said:

@13: Thank you for clarifying my statement.

+ TimeSkipLuffyUS on June 20th, 2014 at 11:57 am said:

@3 in my words someone working for Sony just told you that you bought your Move controller for nothing because it is inferior and it is recommended to use the PS Controller instead :D

+ Mercenary09 on June 20th, 2014 at 12:12 pm said:

@16 This discussion isn’t about BF: Hardline which I don’t plan to buy anyway.
@13 I understand that and I do plan to play the demo but there are very few digital games I pay more than $10 for. That’s just how I am.

+ Rootboi_Root on June 20th, 2014 at 12:55 pm said:

Will definitely give the demo a try, but now the trailer made me think that a new school FMV on rail shooter would actually be an awesome idea!

+ tusunami on June 20th, 2014 at 1:16 pm said:

Well when I first read about the game and seen it I already had my mind made up about getting the game. On rail shooters are very fun to play when executed right.

+ videoman190 on June 20th, 2014 at 3:26 pm said:

Can you use the PlayStation Move Remote and Navigation as well? If not will it be optional as an update patch?

+ Soulwind613 on June 20th, 2014 at 5:15 pm said:

@ Viktor Kalvachev

Although I don’t have a PS4, I guess I’ll just have to settle for rereading the comic book series, and possibly picking up the deluxe hardcover in the Fall…Congrats on the game anyways!

Lates’

Viktor Kalvachev's Avatar

+ Viktor Kalvachev on June 21st, 2014 at 4:59 am said:

Thank you! The Graphic Novel will also serve as the art book of the game, so there will be quite a few cool art pieces and screenshots in the back.
    Having red the comic, the game would have been even more fun for you, as you already know who Lino and Mauro are. They get to provide “critical intel” over the phone for Clarence, while he is in the middle of a firefight :)

+ snakerecon22 on June 20th, 2014 at 5:37 pm said:

holly crap that looks AWESOME !

+ mikemc1958 on June 20th, 2014 at 6:05 pm said:

ill give the demo a try before i buy we all need more demos!!!!!!!

+ Welmosca on June 20th, 2014 at 11:53 pm said:

I love how the title says “free demo”….was it supposed to be priced?…..oh I know what you guys are doing…after Ground Zeroes its best to announce that the demo is free.Anyway game doesn’t look any good….but it may be fun.

+ THA_STARKILLER on June 21st, 2014 at 12:59 am said:

@1 Mercenary09,@4 Patsrule0316 & @5 komentra: You’re all ‘Plus’ Posers that don’t keep up with Games. E3 was barely a week ago, I’m a Gamer, I watched it. This & Suda51′s ‘Let It Die’ were the Only Titles I hadn’t heard about that Caught my attention. Get Off the Blog Forum Uninformed Trolls
@15 PHACE973: This isn’t a ’1st Person Shooter’, it’s an ‘Arcade Shooter’ like House of the Dead. Learn how to Read, it’s stated at the End of the First Sentence of this Post.
@18 Dnut : The Dualshock4 Light Bar uses Move Technology, so it can be used Like a ‘Light-Gun’ w/ the Ps4 Camera, has ‘Sixaxis’ Gyroscopic Technology,… & has a Touchscreen OF COURSE IT’S BETTER THAN A LIGHT GUN OR A CONTOLLER SINCE IT’S BOTH. Read Your Ps4 Instruction Manual before You hurt Yourself by recording Your ‘You’ Time.
@21 TimeSkipLuffyUS: Same as Above plus Viktor doesn’t work for Sony. He’s the Author of the Comics the Game is based on & obviously has some Input on the Game if not the Director of it. STARKILLER 5, TROLLS DECIMATED

+ THA_STARKILLER on June 21st, 2014 at 1:32 am said:

@1 Mercenary09: Let me do some Basic Math for You. While You sit & wait for Sales that may or may not arrive, You’re paying a Monthly Service. While I do as well, I also take advantage of it. If I Purchase 3 Games Digitally Retailing at $40, with a Normal Sale of 50% Off & an Additional 25% Off for ‘Plus Members’, Who’s the Chump Giving Sony $6 for NADA while I turn that Fee into a $10 Credit & give Them $10 more & Get 3 Games. Little do You Realize, You’ve already Paid for these Discounts with Your Monthly ‘Plus’ Membership. So sit & wait 2 Months(6+6=12) for a Game to become ‘Free’ so You can feel justified Giving Sony another Monthly Fee(12+6=18) & now You have something that Expires Next Month. Sony Obviously Pays Developers part of the ‘Plus’ Fees for the Rights &/Or Discounts, You’re already Feeding Them(Developers), the Funny thing is, You’re not getting anything back for it }:)
Viktor, I’m obviously Getting this Day Zero, I just had to Crush Trolls messing with Your Post :)

Viktor Kalvachev's Avatar

+ Viktor Kalvachev on June 21st, 2014 at 5:00 am said:

well… :) thanks! Looking forward to hear what you think of the game.

+ supvic on June 21st, 2014 at 2:45 am said:

Using the DS4′s gyro for aiming is a genius idea! It works SO well for typing so I can imagine how easy it’ll be for aiming. It’s even easier yet just as accurate as the move controller in PS3 games, so this is actually a practical and logical control scheme for this game.

+ CommandingTiger on June 21st, 2014 at 8:39 am said:

Motion controls; great graphics shooter; Take my money.

+ poodude on June 21st, 2014 at 11:25 am said:

Didn’t realize this was coming out so soon. Definitely picking it up.

+ TheLoCoRaven on June 21st, 2014 at 12:32 pm said:

Is this an on-rails shooter?

+ TVSGAMERV18 on June 21st, 2014 at 5:21 pm said:

This game looks very cool, i’m excited to try Blue Estate!!!! Whoohoo lol

+ ABNChemo on June 21st, 2014 at 6:29 pm said:

Looks cool I can’t wait to try out the demo, and hopefully buy it if it is as cool as it looks.

+ Einhander138 on June 21st, 2014 at 9:29 pm said:

No physical release, no sale.

+ mikemc1958 on June 22nd, 2014 at 5:53 pm said:

yea, iam getting this sounds like fun..

+ THA_STARKILLER on June 24th, 2014 at 9:45 am said:

Viktor, the Ps4 Store doesn’t have Blue Estate in it’s Digital Store yet. I’ve Contacted Contact@BlueEstateTheGame.com to Inform You of Sony’s Faulty Update. Re-Course, Re-Course

+ tyq1993 on June 24th, 2014 at 10:29 am said:

This game looks like fun.

Is there online coop or just couch?

Viktor Kalvachev's Avatar

+ Viktor Kalvachev on June 25th, 2014 at 2:50 am said:

Thanks. It’s “couch” co-op.

+ Skyyplum on June 25th, 2014 at 10:20 am said:

I love how my comment was erased for simply saying the game stopped working halfway through the first level in the demo. The game couldn’t sense my controller and no matter how I moved it would not show up on screen and therefore I just kept getting killed. Was sad because I was enjoying the game while it was working and would have bought it.

Viktor Kalvachev's Avatar

+ Viktor Kalvachev on June 27th, 2014 at 3:16 pm said:

I am sorry your comment was erased and that you had a bad experience. Could it be because you had to re-center the reticle? Did you try hitting L1? If you want to try again, make sure that every time you are moving away from the comfortable position of gameplay simply go back to it and hit L1 or UP to get the reticle in the middle of the screen. That should do it. If you hadn’t tried this, most likely is what happened. The game didn’t crash. Let me know how it goes on your second try.