Minecraft PS4

Borderlands 2 Vita Update Out Today, Improved Stability and Control

Gio Corsi's Avatar + Posted by Gio Corsi on Jun 20, 2014 // Director, Third Party Production for SCEA

Borderlands 2 on PS Vita

It’s been a few weeks since we launched Borderlands 2 for PS Vita and so far we’ve been overwhelmed by the community response. We’re happy to announce that title update 1.04 is available today, which should further improve the overall Borderlands 2 PS Vita experience and addresses some of the feedback from you the fans.

• We’ve worked with Iron Galaxy Studios to improve stability and performance throughout the game, including addressing known issues with audio playback.
  • Gyroscopic controls can now be independently inverted. This should ensure that fans of inverted vertical look will also be able to enjoy Gyroscopic aiming as well!
  • There are now scaling sliders for rear touch inputs in the Options menu. Many users mapped lesser used actions to the rear touch but reported that in gripping their PS Vita systems, they’d still accidentally trigger those inputs. Users can now scale the input area down to much smaller zones, mitigating this.
  • Lastly, we’ve addressed an issue where players were not notified that their online session had expired, which caused players to incorrectly appear available for multiplayer.

Borderlands 2 Vita

If you haven’t had a chance to check out Borderlands 2 or you’ve been on the fence about picking up a new Borderlands 2 PS Vita bundle, hopefully these improvements push you over the edge.

Borderlands 2 for PS Vita is out now in stores on its own, as part of a special Borderlands 2 PS Vita bundle, and digitally via PlayStation Store.

78 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Deathbylager on June 20th, 2014 at 1:15 pm said:

Would love to see Borderlands 1 on Vita.

+ mpmarsee on June 20th, 2014 at 1:17 pm said:

This sounds like a great update. Looking forward to hearing feedback on it.

+ DJ_Tomato on June 20th, 2014 at 1:17 pm said:

I don’t see any performance improvement at all. Frame rate is still the same and still getting frame skips with the same frequency prior to the patch. Walking audio still fades, net error crashes still there, gosh even the menu lag and unresponsiveness is still there.

This was more of a control optimization update with a area fix in which is like visited 3 times in your life unless you make multiple characters.

Keep it up the good work though ~

+ LuxNoctem on June 20th, 2014 at 1:21 pm said:

Own the game, it´s really awesome! Any news on an ad hoc multiplayer patch?

+ antibolo on June 20th, 2014 at 1:25 pm said:

Please allow binding actions to all 4 corners of the screen. That would get rid of the need to use rear touch altogether.

+ KILLO31 on June 20th, 2014 at 1:28 pm said:

Any word on the remaining dlc ? The content in this is great don’t don’t me wrong but I would love to see Assault on Dragons keep on vita.

+ president2038 on June 20th, 2014 at 1:30 pm said:

Hi Gio!!! Thanks for yours and Iron Galaxy’s commitment to the game. It’s truly a gem in the Vita library, my most played Vita game and its largely thanks to the work you guys put in. Much appreciated!

+ xClayMeow on June 20th, 2014 at 1:34 pm said:

Wow, that’s really cool that you can control the size of the backtouch input area! This should be an option accessible in all games!

+ jashsu on June 20th, 2014 at 1:36 pm said:

What i’d like to see is a patch that allows the game to run in Vita’s Alternate Power Mode when it’s played offline.

+ pPpPancakes on June 20th, 2014 at 1:38 pm said:

The patch hasn’t noticably changed anything for me. Framerate is still choppy when trying to move the camera with max sensitivity, it also still drops when fighting multiple (like three Bullymongs) enemies and audio issues are still present. Apparently, you can’t even get the trophy for uncovering every map in Scarlett’s DLC too. It made a wrong impression on me and I don’t have the persistence to bother examining anymore of it.

What a bummer. At this rate, expecting one extra frame per second could have well been too much to ask for and my hopes were pretty low to start with.

+ OGoodGrief on June 20th, 2014 at 1:38 pm said:

the following bugs have not been adressed in this patch:

– Menu lag opening, closing, transitioning, selling/buying, and marking items
– Unresponsive menus
– Multiple missing vault symbols
– The radio tower climb challenge is bugged. An invisible wall prevents you from landing on a beam.
– Map not defogging in hermit’s area (scarlet dlc) which prevents you from getting a trophy
– Infinite load screens
– Damage lag or just hit registry lag
– Hit detection is poor when very close to moving enemies
– Vehicles skins not applying
– Bosses freezing on death
– Buzzard spawning and stuck outside the map of Fink’s slaughter house
– Ancient relics are improperly blacklisted and delete once you exit your game
– Attacking raid boss Hyperius does not spawn his shield loaders
– General instability in framerate; fluctuates between significantly different rates
– Frequent frame skipping
– Screen tearing
– Frequent crashes

Will there be a patch to address the other issues and make he final trophy obtainable?

+ nduval on June 20th, 2014 at 1:39 pm said:

Awesome news! Thanks for sticking with it. I love having this game on my Vita!

+ auron2 on June 20th, 2014 at 1:39 pm said:

Great, I love playing this game on my Vita. If anything, it would be nice if one could directly open the map by touching the mini-map.

+ Earthiness on June 20th, 2014 at 1:41 pm said:

I love my borderlands 2 pc and vita and i glad you are fixing some thing but could you try and fix this stuff please

Takes 26sec to load a new area – 3 sec on pc
Still can’t get the explore all map achievement in pirate booty dlc
still 12-20fps in most places such as sanctuary – and every fire fight
Bodys on the ground – yes the vita can do this heck i have my pc set to fade the bodys after 5sec after there death animation vita can do it to
Static shadows

and about 100 other things

+ BREVITY on June 20th, 2014 at 1:49 pm said:

I really want the ability to map the D pad arrows to whatever I want and disable rear touch!

+ Graviex on June 20th, 2014 at 1:50 pm said:

Kinda want to see the pickup/reload button able to be mapped separately. Playing mechromancer, it sucks when you accidentally reload while trying to pick something up and you lose all your stacks! It is funny to hear Gaige scream “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!” when it happens, though. haha

+ xXVergiliusXx on June 20th, 2014 at 1:52 pm said:

Aww come one man we were expecting more than this :/ this “fixes” aren’t what most people were asking for. The sad thing is that the sohnd effects are still bugged. I would like to see in a further patch that you include and option to disable outlines ( yeah guys before you start bashing i said option!!!), disabling the outlines gives the game a HUGE bust in FPS, here’s the proof:

Please include that!

+ Earthiness on June 20th, 2014 at 1:53 pm said:

Graviex

I 100% agree with that it bugged me so much i stopped playing my 36ish mechro and made a siren

+ inFAMOUSJakey on June 20th, 2014 at 1:53 pm said:

I have played this game since it came out with bl2 bundle.
I started from lvl 1 to lvl 61 and got couple legendary and 100s hours put into that character.

I see ZERO Difference after this patch

Framerate is still around 20FPS and dips into 10-15 when you are into battles.
Sigh I guess I expected too much from this patch.

Just add on note, still get audio glitches here and there as well as missing dialogue…

IMO this patch done nothing

+ DJ_Tomato on June 20th, 2014 at 1:55 pm said:

Also any news on Tiny Tina Missing DLC and others?

+ spacemonkeyham on June 20th, 2014 at 1:57 pm said:

Big thumbs up for working to improve the game. Thanks for listening!

+ Earthiness on June 20th, 2014 at 2:02 pm said:

+ DJ_Tomato i suspect if we are gonna get that stuff it will start around October
2 dlc match that month then we got the turkey one in nov and the xmiss one in dec if we don’t get them i would say it’s a good bet we never will

+ ninebreaker47 on June 20th, 2014 at 2:03 pm said:

Thanks for the patch. Please keep them coming! As you can see from other posts, there are still some issues that need to be addressed. I eagerly await the next one. Love the game. :D

+ Malkavilis on June 20th, 2014 at 2:04 pm said:

Amazing news! Thanks a lot! Keep improving the game!

+ chicagobulls_93 on June 20th, 2014 at 2:06 pm said:

I think you sould be able to listen to your music during gameplay on Ps Vita

+ Josleaze on June 20th, 2014 at 2:06 pm said:

Any chance of a performance update in the near future?

+ BackBerner on June 20th, 2014 at 2:09 pm said:

From the sounds of this the patch barely fixed anything. Might want to try again

+ death_nation100 on June 20th, 2014 at 2:10 pm said:

I have the playstation vita borderlands 2 bundle but i haven’t yet download the game , look like i need another memory card such as the 64gb one

+ Earthiness on June 20th, 2014 at 2:13 pm said:

Maybe this will help you guys out in tweaking the game

not joking

+ Earthiness on June 20th, 2014 at 2:16 pm said:

Maybe this will help you guys out in tweaking the game

gamefront.com/how-to-improve-borderlands-2-with-ini-file-tweaks/

not joking

+ Earthiness on June 20th, 2014 at 2:20 pm said:

death_nation100

if you got the bundle you should have a 8gb memory card plenty for borderlands 2 but not much for any thing else
if you have not downloaded the content manager yet do so that will let you backup your games to your pc so wont have to deal with space – hint connect it by usb not wireless for it to go faster in transferring data – tho you will have to have your pc online to take or put stuff on vita to pc so so

+ VdeVenancio on June 20th, 2014 at 2:24 pm said:

Great to hear about the update. Keep up the good work!

But I’d like to know if we should wait for any other patches or updates for the game.

+ viceforce on June 20th, 2014 at 2:28 pm said:

How about the addressing of Trophies. We were told by sony and ign that they will be a separate trophy list. That if you transfer your file from PS3 to PSVita Version we should get another Plat. Why has that not happen? As a trophy lover I feel very betrayed by this.

+ a_striped_lombax on June 20th, 2014 at 3:50 pm said:

personally I’m happy the trophy lists are merged. I hate seeing my 3 versions of sound shapes, and i refuse to download a few other vita versions for the fact that the lists are separated

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on June 20th, 2014 at 3:55 pm said:

Good to see the support for this game, it is highjly rated by psn and amazon buyers. Will geteventually

+ dummysystem on June 20th, 2014 at 4:09 pm said:

thanks for the patch !!!

+ exjraordinary on June 20th, 2014 at 4:17 pm said:

Great Job Iron Galaxy great port now convince Sony and Capcom for Resident Evil Revelations. The perfect portable resident evil that should have always been on the Vita.

+ exjraordinary on June 20th, 2014 at 4:17 pm said:

OR Type 0 Vita version

+ Beetey on June 20th, 2014 at 4:19 pm said:

Glad to see that the game is being worked on, but it doesn’t sound like the main issues (crashing and framerate) were addressed. Is it safe to at least assume the constant crashes will be fixed in a future update?

+ Splodem on June 20th, 2014 at 4:27 pm said:

Ok, so does this fix the issue where text turns into rainbow colored blocks, as well as your menu and characters? After I saw this once, I turned the game off and refuse play it until that’s taken care of. That was just the last straw in a slew of issues I saw. It looks like this update fixed basically nothing as far as performance goes. I had the above mentioned problem, disappearing weapons, clap trap teleporting to me, etc.

+ wilfareus on June 20th, 2014 at 4:38 pm said:

thanks for the update!
:D made my day!

+ TN-BiPolarBear on June 20th, 2014 at 5:41 pm said:

Thank you for the update guys!

However, really could use a performance boost by about now. (this update doesn’t improve low fps)

Could you folks kindly add an graphical option to turn off outlines for a performance boost?
or
Improve performance by (optionally) turning off wifi/ enabling airplane mode?

Another thing, which may not be as easy of a fix — Certain gun sights/scopes could use tweaking.
Some of them are impossible to use on the Vita. Example the Gunsight with red laser crosshairs. The red X it is so thick and jaggy, with pseudo alpha around it, that Its very difficult to see your target thru – if at all. Many a times, even if a gun is good, if it has a bad gunsight, I have to ditch it. This is my major non performance related gripe.

Otherwise, its a fantastic job on porting such a massive game to a handheld – Really one of my top games, despite hokey reviews. Just could use a few improvements.

+ TN-BiPolarBear on June 20th, 2014 at 5:55 pm said:

Gah, one more request for a fix.

Can we possibly have an option to not have ‘Reload’ linked with ‘Open Chest on the same button’?

The thing is, when I play Mechnomancers anarchy build, I always inadvertently reload when trying to open chests – and in the process, losing my anarchy damage multipliers (since reloading removes the stat boost).

I’m all fine with disciplining myself to not reload a gun for that perk, but I have to be able to open loot chests without accidental penalty.

+ overDOS on June 20th, 2014 at 6:18 pm said:

This half-assed port game clearly to make easy money using Borderland name,they released it even with massive numbers of problems,now came the “fix” which fixes nothing,sigh

+ Mintblend_44321 on June 20th, 2014 at 8:17 pm said:

Awesome news about the patch. Been playing this nonstop since its release to the Vita.

+ Themillenium93 on June 20th, 2014 at 9:16 pm said:

Please keep updating the game. Fixing the game slowly and slowly… Love Commando, and Mechromancer!

+ Aided_Onslaught on June 20th, 2014 at 9:37 pm said:

For back control problems in all Vita games. Why not make it so you can slide your finger up to trigger a move instead of tapping? Tap then drag up (or down, to the side). I would think this would fix the problems for all games that have this annoyance.

+ darknight_2012 on June 20th, 2014 at 9:47 pm said:

- Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core for PS Vita would be nice on a HD Edition with full trophy support.

– Final Fantasy VII Trophy Steam Edition for PSN with PS Vita Compatibility again, full trophy support.

– The 3rd Birthday – HD Edition with PS Vita Compatibility and full trophy support.

– Parasite Eve sequel to Parasite Eve 2 or The 3rd Birthday Spin off with RPG/3rd Person action Elements.

A Resident Evil title for PS Vita. or Bring Revelations to the PS Vita.

Ni No Kuni for PS Vita trophy support.

Summer Super Sale – Asap

More AAA titles for Vita, although indies are great, it will eventually come down to great titles for device sales.

Just wanted to get it off my chest.

cheers!

+ ParkingtigersX on June 20th, 2014 at 9:55 pm said:

I would very much like to purchase the Tiny Tina DLC for the Vita version. I like Borderlands on PS3, but it feels like a “bigger” experience on Vita, if that makes sense. Just seems so much more impressive on a handheld.

There are still some issues that need polishing up in the next patch, but I’ve not found anything gamebreaking myself and I’m still amazed you crammed this onto a portable system. Borderlands 2 is a great Vita title. More DLC, and more games like this please. I deliberately bought this full price to encourage more of this sort of thing.

+ Welmosca on June 21st, 2014 at 12:13 am said:

Good job supporting the game on Vita…thats really cool.

PAGE 1 2