PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

This Week in PlayStation: Can’t Stop Won’t Stop

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Jun 22, 2014 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

As things get back to normal (comparatively) after E3, we can finally kick back, relax, and… wait, no — there’s still a ton of news! This week’s highlights:

We got our first look at Destiny’s PlayStation-exclusive content, Terraria is free for PlayStation Plus members, we looked back on the best trailers of E3 2014, PS4 pre-load functionality for pre-orders is en route, Guacamelee! hits PS4 soon, Resogun gets new goodies in a free update, Borderlands 2 on PS Vita got some stability and control enhancements, we got to know LittleBigPlanet 3′s new characters, and one of gaming’s all-time classics Another World is coming to PS4.

I can’t wait to get my hands on Resogun’s new ship editor and tweaked campaign — gotta see if my best-in-the-office skills can still hold up. I’ll have to tear myself away from Final Fantasy XIV first, though. I just finished the main story, so maybe I’ll finally be able to step away from it, ever-so-briefly…

What are you playing?

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

25 Comments

+ Not_Too_Sweet on June 22nd, 2014 at 11:14 am said:

-I’m playing: Final Fantasy IX, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
-I’m watching: Bleach, X-Men: First Class
-I’m listening to: PSNation, Playstation Blogcast

+ BigBossLegendary on June 22nd, 2014 at 11:29 am said:

I’m playing: Watch Dogs, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (New Game +)

I’m watching: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain 30min E3 demo.

I’m listening to: Mike Oldfield – Nuclear

+ Kai_Shenlong on June 22nd, 2014 at 12:00 pm said:

-I’m playing: Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy X HD, Final Fantasy XIV
-I’m watching: Doctor Who, House M.D., Adventure Time
-I’m listening to: Daft Punk – Discovery, Weird Al – Alpocalypse

+ densetsu_desu85 on June 22nd, 2014 at 12:12 pm said:

-I’m playing: Terraria (vita), Dj Max Technika Tune (vita)
-I’m watching: The Raid 2, Wes Anderson films
-I’m listening to: Linkin Park – The Hunting Party, The Wind Rises OST

+ madmanwithabox12 on June 22nd, 2014 at 1:16 pm said:

This week in PlayStation: Nothing happens for Vita… Again. But at Sony, we only care about hyping the hell out of PS4. Cause who has a Vita, right?

+ oZc-Gauss on June 22nd, 2014 at 1:23 pm said:

-I’m playing: Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arise, Smart As, Killzone Shadow Fall
-I’m watching: Skins, The Simpsons, The Waking Dead
-I’m listening to: Sheep Dog and Wolf, The Subs

+ TJF588 on June 22nd, 2014 at 1:46 pm said:

Playing: VVVVVV, various Steam games during the event
Watching: DragonBall Z Abridged
Listening: SoundCloud Likes, inc. Maximum the Hormone’s “F” and Foster The People’s “Don’t Stop (TheFatRat Remix)”*

(And if I may say, I like Kai_Shenlong’s taste in music.)

*the latter being why I’m commenting at all, since it’s what immediately came to mind when seeing this blog posts’s title, which is another strange coincidence since I don’t know when I Liked it, and only just this week got it back in mind.

+ SDkngsht on June 22nd, 2014 at 1:49 pm said:

man so ready for Destiny. i haven’t been able to focus on anything else since the alpha ended. praying i make it into the beta. will any progress from the alpha or beta carry over into the retail release of the game?

+ RawWilson1 on June 22nd, 2014 at 1:54 pm said:

- Playing Watch_Dogs(PS4) & Sketch Plane(iOS)
- Netfix
- Listening to PS Blog Podcast 124 & Epic Battle Cry E3 2014 podcast^-^

+ crossrds on June 22nd, 2014 at 1:58 pm said:

-playing: Watch Dogs, Trails Fusion, Bf4
-watching: NASCAR
-Listening to: Eminem, Tupac, Dr. Dre

+ Bleu_Skie on June 22nd, 2014 at 2:04 pm said:

Playing : final fantasy xiv
Watching: baka and test
Listening to: all of me by John legend and gerudo valley covers from Z:oot

+ LordHymn on June 22nd, 2014 at 3:06 pm said:

-I’m playing: Dead Island:Riptide
-I’m watching: Game Of Thrones (Season 3)
-I’m listening to: Twisted Insane “The Last Demon” , Bishop “Torment” , Avatar “Hail The Apocalypse”

+ TeamGreen615 on June 22nd, 2014 at 4:57 pm said:

I’m Playing – Sly Cooper 3 and WRC on my Vita
I’m watching – Game of Thrones season 3 ( trying to catch up )
I’m listening to – Capital Cities & Empire of the Sun

+ Sharingan_itachi on June 22nd, 2014 at 7:10 pm said:

This week in without an PS Vita?

+ FruitJuice617 on June 22nd, 2014 at 10:44 pm said:

I’m playing: Terraria, Borderlands 2, Littlebigplanet 2

I’m listening to: Mountaintop, by Casualties of Cool. Seriously can’t get that out of my head.

+ THA_STARKILLER on June 22nd, 2014 at 11:44 pm said:

I’m Playing: GTA V Online Heists on Playstation 4 … aka Battlefield Hardline, not gonna Buy a Full Priced DLC add on tho EA
I’m Watching: Destiny Alpha First Look Clips I Saved while Playing It
I’m Listening to: Lil Jon – Turn Down For What!!! LOUD WHILE SMOKIN LOUD

+ DarkOne_PR on June 23rd, 2014 at 12:02 am said:

To sony: Give me more reasons to own more than 1 ps4 controller on my house apart of Diablo 3 thats not even out yet. I need More AAA games with Splitscreen Sony! KZ should had Split screen and I was expecting for the order 1886 to be a 4 Player co-op split screen and online….. but nope… its single player…. what tha hell happened there… (still getting it but i im just giving the example to make u revive the split screen gaming. Hell, revive lan party!!!

+ Rajey4 on June 23rd, 2014 at 12:40 am said:

I’m Playing : Killzone:Mercenary / Soul Sacrifice (PS VITA)
I’m Watching : FIFA World Cup 2014 (:D)
I’m Listening to : Gregor Salto – Samba Do Mundo

+ BudsLightHere on June 23rd, 2014 at 1:18 am said:

what about PlanetSide 2?

+ reyhassankhan on June 23rd, 2014 at 5:33 am said:

iam playing:soul sacrifice,dbz:boz,virtua tennis 4 ps vita
i am watching:naruto shippuden and fifa world cup 2014
iam listening:playstation podcast

+ longballburrell on June 23rd, 2014 at 7:18 am said:

I’m playing: Bioshock Infinite, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate
I’m watching: Doctor Who, Scrubs, House M.D., So You Think You Can Dance
I’m listening to: Imagine Dragons – Radioactive, Switchfoot – Love Alone is Worth the Fight

+ durtplay on June 23rd, 2014 at 10:09 am said:

i’m playing: NHL 14 , FIFA 14, FINAL FANTASY X-2, FINAL FANTASY X, FINAL FANTASY IX, PIXEL JUNK SHOOTER ULTIMATE
I’m watching: FIFA WORLD CUP 2014
I’m listening to: Rdio (random music)

+ Banana-Poo on June 23rd, 2014 at 2:17 pm said:

I want more Pro orders available for off the PSN…. where is my prodder for Diablo III, I want to preorder, Helldivers and Secret Ponchos, please feed me more more pre orders on PSN …

Plus You need to start having preorder discounts… NO shipping of the physical copies, No cost of the physical copies no Storage of the physical copies… Only Bandwidth and servers that you all already have for other things as well…

So why are we still paying the same as a physical copies… even 5 bucks or 10, or even deals like Wolfenstein had… where it was on sale for a week or so for 54 if you preordered… I mean not every copy has to be marked down but I would like to see some benefits to pre ordering online…

I don;t care about Walmart and Gamestop putting pressure on you to keep parity screw them they take competitors coupons out of games…

Please Sony help me fill my 1.5 TB HDD…. I need games… for my ps4…

+ davidxraw on June 23rd, 2014 at 6:44 pm said:

I wish we could of got a 99 cent indie flash sale this week. Maybe next week?

+ diegodru2 on June 24th, 2014 at 10:25 am said:

-I’m playing: Mass Effect 3, Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack In Time
-I’m watching: Orange Is The New Black, Louie,
-I’m listening to: Mastodon – Once More ‘Round The Sun, Arch Enemy – War Eternal