PS4 - Destiny

Blacklight: Retribution PS Plus Starter Pack Revealed

Kael Hammond's Avatar + Posted by Kael Hammond on Jun 23, 2014 // Producer, Zombie Studios

Blacklight: Retribution

Update: The launch timing for the PlayStation Plus Starter Pack has not been confirmed, but will be coming in the near future. Please stay tuned for more information on a release date.

Last week we announced that Blacklight: Retribution is coming out of Beta tomorrow, and we’re thrilled to share with you what we’ve been up to since the launch in November. Along with revealing new maps, a new weapon, and some cool new streaming capabilities, we’re happy to finally reveal our PlayStation Plus Starter Packs.

As a PlayStation Plus member, you’ll automatically receive the Starter Pack in the near future, which includes the Burstfire SMG, Revival Injector, and 250 ZCoins to spend on PlayStation Store. Head into customization to equip your items, and you’re ready to go!

PlayStation Trophies have also arrived, and we’re just as excited as you are to start earning them. Currently the Blacklight: Retribution Trophy count stands at twenty, and we plan to add more as future patches are released. Several of our team favorites include:

• Who Needs Friends?: Earned by completing 20 matches of Deathmatch.
  • Toasty: Earned by killing 10 Hardsuits with a Flamethrower.
  • Breadwinner: Get this one by earning 50,000 GP.
  • This Is My Rifle: Add this to your shelf by fully customizing a primary weapon.

Blacklight: RetributionBlacklight: Retribution

We can’t wait to see everyone start racking these up! As a reminder to all our Beta players, the Zcoin you purchased during the Beta period will be refunded to you as promised, so make sure to check your account in the coming week. You also may recall that stats, progress, earned items, and everything else will be maintained from Beta to full release — so there’s no need to worry that you’ll have to start completely over tomorrow.

Lastly, and most importantly, we want to extend our heartfelt thanks to all fans, players, and supporters of Blacklight: Retribution. The feedback and data we collected during Beta truly improved the game, and it would not have happened without you all! From the entire team, thank you!

+ Blacq_Soul on June 23rd, 2014 at 10:22 am said:

I actually like this game. it’s not a bad f2p game

+ jorge197 on June 23rd, 2014 at 10:27 am said:

Now this is what im talking about!!!!! Thanks guys.

+ aro52 on June 23rd, 2014 at 10:32 am said:

Welp, trophies will get me to finally check this game out! :P

+ ch8882002usnavy on June 23rd, 2014 at 10:33 am said:

So glad to finally have trophy support. Hopefully it will get more people interested in playing it. Are the coins being refunded to out game account or our Bank accounts?

+ fantasyphil on June 23rd, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

Is there any chance this patch will fix the matchmaking problems? I was unable to find a game throughout the entire beta, I just sat in the lobby by myself.

+ ossiecastro5 on June 23rd, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

A platinum trophy would encourage more people to play. But that might not be necessary as this looks to be a very interesting game.

+ Valde_zerocool on June 23rd, 2014 at 10:47 am said:

The stats will remain but will trophies be retroactive? If I have completed 20 TDM will it automatically pop?

Second, if I purchase Zcoins today and spend them will they get refunded later this week? Or has that ship sailed?

Kael Hammond's Avatar

+ Kael Hammond on June 23rd, 2014 at 11:23 am said:

Many trophies work using your profile stats.A lot of beta users will already have progress logged for the trophies. If you’ve already completed a trophy’s requirements you won’t get them just by logging in but will be awarded trophies by completing one more of the required action.

+ Sum-Mischief on June 23rd, 2014 at 10:54 am said:

Nice good to see it finally came out of beta. I looking forward to getting back and playing it .

+ Seiven on June 23rd, 2014 at 11:10 am said:

Cool! I played this a little and enjoyed my time, but wanted to wait until the non-beta rolled out. I think this title will see many more of my few and far between spare hours (father of 2 toddlers)

+ Porcupeth00 on June 23rd, 2014 at 11:18 am said:

same thing for EU? cause this wasn’t posted on EU blog..

+ fivexl on June 23rd, 2014 at 11:30 am said:

I really hope this patch adds a feature that allows me and my friends to squad up before a match. Getting into a match together with my friends was a pain.

+ honkayjeezus on June 23rd, 2014 at 11:39 am said:

One of the few times I see good news on this blog.

THANK YOU!!

+ o_John_McClane on June 23rd, 2014 at 11:43 am said:

I enjoy this game very much,but thats me.Now i do hope this game takes off.This game goe deep into making guns fit your play style,and thats a good thing,hit me up on the psn

+ longhorns197 on June 23rd, 2014 at 11:45 am said:

This is literally the only fps game I am good at. Played a ton of it on the PC, and a lot of the beta. Hope there is a platinum trophy for me to try to get. I love this game.

+ GeoDarky on June 23rd, 2014 at 12:00 pm said:

This is sound really good, wait to jump in this tomorrow thank you guys for your hard work

+ NMeck702 on June 23rd, 2014 at 12:07 pm said:

Had fun with this game on PC. The PS4 version was unreliable at best during beta. Looking forward to giving it one more shot on PS4.

+ TAG_Smiley on June 23rd, 2014 at 12:29 pm said:

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

+ ht02135 on June 23rd, 2014 at 12:31 pm said:

it is official GOLD is better than PS+.

+ J2O on June 23rd, 2014 at 12:36 pm said:

Will we eventually be able to permanently buy equipment and weapons with the in game currency? (the currency other than Zcoins) Or has that already happened?

Kael Hammond's Avatar

+ Kael Hammond on June 23rd, 2014 at 2:36 pm said:

Correct! A rotation of GP Permanent prices will be available for all users after beta. We’ll change it up so you guys can earn gear.

+ x7ZAGEx on June 23rd, 2014 at 12:44 pm said:

I can’t wait! Add me if you want to play sometime!

+ tusunami on June 23rd, 2014 at 1:28 pm said:

Yo now I will get back to playing this I was waiting to hear about this.

+ unlovedhomie on June 23rd, 2014 at 2:15 pm said:

So is the game f2p or was that just for the beta? I really liked this game . Thx guys

Kael Hammond's Avatar

+ Kael Hammond on June 23rd, 2014 at 2:36 pm said:

We’re Free To Play after beta too!

+ redthehaze on June 23rd, 2014 at 2:37 pm said:

Is it still pay to win? I’ll play the co-op but not the competitive MP if someone can still pay money for a better gun.

+ krismassacre on June 23rd, 2014 at 3:05 pm said:

Will there be ne titles and i have not got my 2 free loadout and tount,and dirty thirty

+ jonjuan1 on June 23rd, 2014 at 3:06 pm said:

LOVE THIS GAME!!! THIS IS THE ONLY FPS GAME THAT I ACTUALLY ENJOY PLAYING AND I TRIED THEM ALL

+ krismassacre on June 23rd, 2014 at 3:07 pm said:

New* taunt *

+ viceforce on June 23rd, 2014 at 4:00 pm said:

Y did I think there was a starter pack when this game launched? Oh well maybe I was confused with the Warframe Plus Starter Kit. But like most and like Warframe now that this is coming with trophies will more likely give this game another go.

+ YungShep on June 23rd, 2014 at 4:31 pm said:

TROPHIES!!!!!!!!!! :SUCCESS:

+ Guimace on June 23rd, 2014 at 4:49 pm said:

Trophies! Great news!

+ krismassacre on June 23rd, 2014 at 6:17 pm said:

Kael is the update tonight

+ PenguinActual on June 23rd, 2014 at 8:44 pm said:

About time this came out of Beta. Looking forward to the new maps. I wonder if the new weapon will be useful for my play style?

+ synchronizedbear on June 24th, 2014 at 1:36 am said:

will this be available in Australia?

+ guitarded77 on June 24th, 2014 at 9:29 am said:

AWESOME!!! Can’t wait to jump back in. I was waiting for it to come out of beta to earn some trophies. The PS+ content is a nice bonus. Thank’s.

+ THUNDOR on June 24th, 2014 at 11:59 am said:

just finished downloading the new update. I still can’t login can someone from zombie help me out.

+ givingtheguid on June 24th, 2014 at 12:36 pm said:

Posting this here, because I would like some answers-

What is going on with the IGC? It has not been working correctly these past two updates.

Terraria, never showed up! Still hasn’t.

Mutant? It’s there in the FREE GAMES PAGE FOR $9.99.
It’s in the FREE games page for a PRICE. Does that make any sense to you?

Update the store and fix this. Why am I paying for a service that I am not receiving?

I’ve deleted the entire store and re-downloaded just to see if that did anything. It didn’t.

FIX THIS PLEASE.

+ Etherealwalnut on June 24th, 2014 at 1:03 pm said:

@35

Strange, I got Terraria earlier in the week just fine. It showed up in the Vita store for me.

I just now checked the SEN Store on my PC (store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com) and it is showing up free. You are checking the vita version right? Also, the store hasn’t fully updated yet. Wait a few hours and check back. Mutant Mudds should be free then.

+ Hooligantuan on June 24th, 2014 at 3:27 pm said:

I’m on fiberoptic line and this update is really chugging along like a wounded slug riding a three-legged turtle through a puddle of lukewarm molasses.

8 gig update, been downloading for half an hour now, just hit the 80MB mark.

At this rate, it will take five or more hours. That’s not reasonable, Sony.

+ fivexl on June 24th, 2014 at 5:35 pm said:

I got the SMG and the injector but no coins whatsoever :(

+ Staticks on June 25th, 2014 at 5:38 am said:

How about improving on the controls? Even with the sensitivity settings turned all the way up, the turn speed in incredibly slow.

+ PenguinActual on June 25th, 2014 at 7:50 am said:

@23 Pay-to-win? I’ve been killed by plenty of new players with the starting gear and I have 242 HP, Multiple Loadouts, 4 Gear slots, and a tactical slot (always equipped with something). Though I’ve seen few people use the bow even when players buy ZCoin.

+ DoTheKiller91 on June 25th, 2014 at 10:17 am said:

The screen tearing in this game is absolutely incredible…

+ UnR3aL_pWn3r on June 25th, 2014 at 10:23 am said:

I recieved the Burstfire SMG, Revival Injector but no zcoins

+ zD3AtHShAd0Wz on June 26th, 2014 at 5:38 pm said:

Never got zcoins but got everything else. Help?

+ theNurOnur on June 30th, 2014 at 1:45 pm said:

Is There Any Specific Date For The PlayStation Plus Starter Pack And Can You Please Make An Update On Selling Your Guns At The Exact Price You Bought Them Because I Already Bought The Burstfire SMG But I’m Going To Get It Anyway Because I’m A PlayStation Plaus Member So I Would Like To Sell It So I Can Get My GP Back?

+ theNurOnur on June 30th, 2014 at 1:49 pm said:

Sorry I Don’t Think I Bought My Burstfire SMG I Think I Got The Starter Pack But No ZCoins Please Fix That.

+ ScopeNDeath on July 1st, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

Hey Kael Hammond, I am a subscriber of PSPlus. Like others I got the SMG, but I can’t use D-pad items like revival pack. I also never got any ZCoins. Will there be a fix for this issue? Thanks if you are able to reply!!! Also, does the premium membership make GP the only required currency when purchasing from the market???

+ Luffy0192 on July 4th, 2014 at 5:30 pm said:

Played this game and its better but i think every weapon and attachment that changes your weapon or your characters stats should be able to be bought with gp. my only legitimate complaint and honestly my friend stopped playing this game only because of that. i know some can but all should be able to.

+ ManixHomefront on July 15th, 2014 at 7:57 am said:

is it free cause it looks fun

+ meanazzolman on July 17th, 2014 at 9:38 am said:

After giving my option the children of zombie studios put my account- 3246 zcoins thanks now i know what developers to avoid.