Uncharted 4

Space Hulk: Deathwing Coming to PS4 in 2015

Pierrick Le Nestour's Avatar + Posted by Pierrick Le Nestour on Jun 27, 2014 // Lead Level Designer, Streum On Studio

Hello, PlayStation.Blog readers, we’re from Streum On Studio. Today, we’re glad to present to you our baby, Space Hulk: Deathwing, planned for launch in 2015 on PS4. Watch this brand new trailer using the game’s engine, the beautiful Unreal Engine 4.

For those not familiar with the game, Space Hulk: Deathwing is a first-person shooter experience of Games Workshop’s classic Space Hulk board game set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Space Hulk: Deathwing offers players the chance to experience a desperate battle against Genestealers in the claustrophobic tunnels of a Space Hulk, as they gain skills, new abilities, and new equipment thanks to experience earned during perilous missions.

Space Hulks drift along the currents of the Warp, the immaterial dimension of Chaos. Made up of gigantic mangled asteroids, derelict ship wrecks, and other spatial debris, they sometimes grow to the size of a moon and often contain treasured and ancient lost technologies. However, they are ripe with danger including infestations of the lethal Genestealers.

Space Hulk: DeathwingSpace Hulk: Deathwing

You’ll take on the role of a Space Marine from one of the most secret and most feared Space Marine Companies: the Deathwing from the Dark Angels. Strap on your Terminator armor and equip the emblematic weaponry of the Space Marines to overcome the threats awaiting you in the Space Hulk. As a Librarian, you will also master the destructive powers of the Psykers. Your skills and performance in battle grant you Fervor Points, to spend on 4 skill trees allowing you to improve your abilities, unlock new powers, access powerful relics, and devastating new weapons.

That’s it for today. For any further info, don’t hesitate to visit our official website or our Facebook. I’ll stop by sometimes to answer the questions you’ll leave in the comment section, so don’t hesitate to ask!

36 Comments

+ medenko1975 on June 27th, 2014 at 7:07 am said:

it looks good.

+ Tomoprime on June 27th, 2014 at 7:12 am said:

WARHAMMER 2015?

+ Cosiampirou_ on June 27th, 2014 at 7:14 am said:

Will this be F2P or a full retail game? Definitely looks interesting.

+ jonathantorbitt on June 27th, 2014 at 7:25 am said:

But will it come to Vita as well? Would buy it like a shot if it did…

+ akiratech on June 27th, 2014 at 7:29 am said:

40k? Sold!

+ The_Bunn on June 27th, 2014 at 7:35 am said:

Looks cool, will it include co-op?

+ Shudderdust on June 27th, 2014 at 7:50 am said:

I am interested in co-op as well (Assumption is yes since there are three marines shown) and also why not make it 3rd person! I LOVE third person games especially if you have gunplay AND melee!

+ Z31K on June 27th, 2014 at 7:53 am said:

Good God Almighty, It’s Glorious!!! Day one purchase… XD

+ FearMonkey on June 27th, 2014 at 8:02 am said:

The board game was extremely turn-based and the overwatch mechanic gave the board game tense “omg” sort of moments. How does making it a FPS going to do the same thing without the luck factor involved in those types of scenarios. I can imagine the placement of the Genestealers will be pretty much set and not different in each game like they are in Space Hulk the board game as one person controls the marines and one controls the genestealers. So that makes me think there’s less tension of where enemies are. Unless there’s something you’re not telling us about a particular multiplayer mode or even if the game has multiplayer.

+ qviqve666 on June 27th, 2014 at 8:20 am said:

i played this game on 3do back 1994

+ shadow71 on June 27th, 2014 at 8:38 am said:

I will NEVER buy a Games Workshop game. I love all of the existing Science Fiction written prior to these !#%#%! too much.

+ Dahorsh on June 27th, 2014 at 8:52 am said:

OH sweet mary mother of pearl! Take my money. Take it take it take it. Gimmie gimmie gimmie.
FOR THE EMPEROR!

+ DrApollo on June 27th, 2014 at 9:20 am said:

I really hope this is a strategy game and no a shooter. I’m sure I’ll play either way though.

+ ElektroDragon on June 27th, 2014 at 9:29 am said:

Please make sure it’s at least as good as Space Marine?

+ spacemonkeyham on June 27th, 2014 at 9:44 am said:

Every time I see a new project set in this universe, I keep my fingers crossed. Someday, something glorious will happen.

+ emoemoemo666 on June 27th, 2014 at 10:30 am said:

<3 Cant wait!When it comes out?For the Emperror!

+ devilmosh on June 27th, 2014 at 11:13 am said:

@shadow71

I hear ya and agree completely. Any company who thinks they can bully struggling writers because they use the term “space marine” as if they own it is pathetic in my book. And this coming from a company who ripped “Hulk” for a title, too.

+ plaztiksyke on June 27th, 2014 at 11:26 am said:

looks neat. are there any GLBT characters in the story?

+ Quixote85 on June 27th, 2014 at 11:31 am said:

So…. Dark Angels? Nice to see a game featuring non-Smurf Marines, though I wouldn’t mind playing Blood Ravens doing a smash and grab. I’ll be keeping an eye on this despite lacking a PS4.

+ JKar275 on June 27th, 2014 at 12:17 pm said:

This looks interesting but I want to play a demo (or timed trial) before deciding whether or not to buy this game.

+ keef_psn on June 27th, 2014 at 1:14 pm said:

Will this be similar to the original Space Hulk game made for the 486? I loved being able to manage a squad of 5 space marines, watching one I wasn’t directly controlling get overwhelmed through his helmet cam was thrilling.

+ tusunami on June 27th, 2014 at 1:26 pm said:

Now this will be something that I can’t wait to check this out when this drops next year!!!!!

+ xClayMeow on June 27th, 2014 at 6:06 pm said:

Man, this looks absolutely sick! Please be good!

+ xClayMeow on June 27th, 2014 at 6:09 pm said:

@ FearMonkey (9), you should take a look at Space Hulk on Steam:

It’s the TBS you’d probably like.

+ xClayMeow on June 27th, 2014 at 6:09 pm said:

@FearMonkey (9): search for Space Hulk on Steam (can’t link it here without moderator approval). It’s a turn-based tactical game.

+ armadaoffailure on June 28th, 2014 at 4:28 am said:

I remember the old Space Hulk game they made, in theory my money is on this being a 4 player co op and should be as scary as Alien Isolation is shaping up to be…. Can’t wait!!

+ IcedDice777 on June 28th, 2014 at 6:07 am said:

OMG! The last space hulk i spent some serious time was on the 3D0. It was awesome and very tough to beat. Listening to a heart beat while going through those corridors added to the atmosphere. I’ll be looking forward to this! I’ll add my voice for some form of Co-op / split screen and LAN support please.

+ mysticking87 on June 28th, 2014 at 7:51 am said:

This game needs to be in 3rd person like Space marine

+ Traumadore on June 28th, 2014 at 9:03 pm said:

To those reminiscing about classic Space Hulk, there’s been a PC version out since last year that is a turn based strategy game with multiplayer. I kinda wish that was coming to PS4 instead…

+ FutureShocked on June 28th, 2014 at 10:43 pm said:

Aw, i thought it was some sort of World of Warcraft crossover. Deathwing would be a badass guest villan in any game.

+ ps_psychedelic on June 29th, 2014 at 4:42 pm said:

What’s with that company logo? Seems as if I was about to watch a new game in the Barbie franchise or something.

About the trailer I don’t know, time will tell, seems to be too much FMV to believe, except for that cut at the end when it allegedly is the engine in real time.

+ sainrub on June 29th, 2014 at 10:30 pm said:

Yeah , that’s a big XENO. I want to see it battle the monster from Evolve. Hope this game is awesome.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on June 30th, 2014 at 4:38 am said:

I WAS SO HYPED FOR THIS GAME UNTIL I SAW THE FIRST SENTENCE…”FIRST PERSON SHOOTER”..SMFH. WITH GRAPHICS LOOKING SO GOOD WHY WOULD I JUST WANT TO SEE MY CHARACTERS GUN..THIS WAS LLOOKING LIKE A GEARS ON STEROIDS BUT AGAIN SONY FAILS WITH ANOTHER FPS GAME. KILLZONE IS BORING ME TO DEATH WITH THE SAME OLD SAME GAME PLAY..RUN AND GUN..JETPACKS ARE OK BUT ID PREFER A MECH AND OTHER VEHICLES.I WAS VERY PLEASED WITH STARHAWK BUT I SUCH LOW AMOUNT OF PLAYERS ONLINE IS BECAUSE NOT MANY PEOPLE CAN HANDLE SUCH CHAOS COMING FROM LAND AND AIR..LOL I KNOW ITS NOT EASY BUT IM ONE WHO ACCEPTS A CHALLENGE. ANYWHO THIS GAME LOOKS GREAT AND IM SURE I WILL TRY IT OUT BUT IM REALLY TIRED OF FPS..I HOPE THEY MAKE A STARHAWK REMAKE!! SERIOUSLY!!

+ CommieSmurf on June 30th, 2014 at 6:39 am said:

The reason this is first person is because of the old game made way back in the day. I honestly have been waiting for this game to be re-made ever since i played it back on the original playstation. If they keep the squad control mechanics in there with multiple teams of marines with over watch and all that then consider this epic. But if they just turn it into a simple walk down a corridor shooter with no strategy then it’ll be a boring waste of time. Hopefully they include this stuff. 3rd person would not work in this setting due to the incredibly tight corridors and environments, so that I get. Go back and play the original space hulk game if you wanna see what they are going for. The turn based thing they did with last years release was just like playing the board game…which was kind of cool.

+ CommieSmurf on June 30th, 2014 at 6:43 am said:

People that say it needs to be 3rd person do not understand the concept :(

+ floormat on July 1st, 2014 at 6:08 am said:

Space marine was great. Wish i could find a wiki or something that put the warhammer 40000 series of stuff in a timeline so i could see where to go with the different forms of media to view it in order best I can. Haven’t found a comprehensive list as of yet.