PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 7/1/2014

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Jun 29, 2014 // Social Media Specialist

The Drop

¡Vamanos! Juan and Tostada face off against the terrible Carlos Calaca and his gang of minions in the latest game to join the PlayStation library. Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition arrives on PS4 this Tuesday. Prepare your luchador mask.

Guacamelee on PS4 features an ample supply of new content, including additional stages, enemies, abilities, and chicken egg bombs. The developers at DrinkBox have also added a new boss to the mix — El Trio, a three-headed skeleton in charge of assembling Carlos Calaca’s undead army.

But that’s not all, luchadors. Sniper Elite 3 also hits PlayStation this week on PS4 and PS3. It’s 1942 North Africa. Germany is building a weapon to crush the Allied forces. As a skilled soldier, observe terrain, plan out attacks, and execute the perfect shot in massive, dynamic environments rife with long-range opportunity.

There’s more coming to PlayStation this week, so read on for the complete list — and enjoy the Drop!

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition

Child of Light PS Vita
ConstantC
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
Puddle
Sniper Elite 3

New PlayStation Releases This Week

Child of Light PS Vita
PS Vita — Digital (Already Available on PS4, PS3)
Envisioned as a “Playable Poem” by its creators, Child of Light is a modern reimagining of our childhood fairy tales. Set in the magical world of Lemuria, it takes us on the coming-of-age journey of Aurora, a young girl struggling to save a lost kingdom and her ailing father.
ConstantC
PS3 — Digital
In a distant future, a scientific research station has an accident, and time inside the space station has been completely suspended. Players play a Crisis Rescue Robot equipped with a rotating gravity remote and an ability to make time re-flow locally. In order to prevent enlargement, the player must pass various challenges to repair the space station.
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn
PS3 — Digital
Gundam comes to life in the classic Dynasty Warriors series like never before. Experience the thrill of reliving your favorite epic battles from the Gundam Universe in massive battlefields with hundreds of opponents. Features more than 100 playable Mobile Suits and thrilling story episodes for each series represented.
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
PS4 — Digital
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition is a Metroidvania-style action-platformer set in a magical world inspired by traditional Mexican culture and folklore. Get ready for non-stop fighting action with an extensive move list, including “Intenso” and The Rooster Uppercut. Includes new elite-class enemies, vibrant costumes, and more.
Puddle
PS4 — Digital, Cross Buy (Already Available on PS3, PS Vita)
Dive into Puddle, a physics game unlike any other where you have to guide a puddle of fluid by tilting the environment to the left or right. Play carefully, taking friction, gravity, and temperature into account, and by using the unique properties of each type of fluid in a range of environments.
Sniper Elite 3
PS4, PS3 — Digital, Retail
North Africa, 1942. Germany plans to build a wonder weapon with the power to crush the Allied forces in its path. Sabotage their plans or the resistance is over. Stalk the shadows in silence or go loud in the blink of an eye. Relocate away from danger and hunt on your own terms in expansive, non-linear levels, with more choice and longer shots than ever before.

Demos and Betas

Child of Light — PS Vita Demo

The information above is subject to change without notice.

PAGE 1 2 3 5
Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on June 29th, 2014 at 9:57 am said:

¡Vamanos!

+ MushThePainter on June 29th, 2014 at 10:01 am said:

Nothing for me this week

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on June 29th, 2014 at 10:02 am said:

Thank you for stopping by, regardless. ^_^

+ Kai_Shenlong on June 29th, 2014 at 10:01 am said:

Ryan, is the DLC for Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn all going to be available on day 1, like in Europe?

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on June 29th, 2014 at 10:05 am said:

Hi Kai! I’ll have to look into it. I’m not sure, unfortunately.

Cheers!

+ hawjboi2009 on June 29th, 2014 at 10:03 am said:

that pretty lame for this week to buy.. hey Ryan Clement, is any info about Madden NFL 15 and Assassin Creed Unity available for pre-order in PSN Store ? i want pre-order both very soon as possible

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on June 29th, 2014 at 10:06 am said:

Hi! I don’t have any information on those games at this time.

+ gta5rockt on June 29th, 2014 at 10:03 am said:

Why in ps4 racing/open world games i cannot play my own mp3 soundtracks like on ps3? DOWNGRADE. Sony lied to us because you always said the only reason not ALL games on ps3 have it, is the low memory the ps3 had.

+ Drew_Croft on June 29th, 2014 at 10:04 am said:

So ready for Sniper Elite. Got my CE paid off!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on June 29th, 2014 at 10:06 am said:

Hope you enjoy it!

+ RCF_TOD on June 29th, 2014 at 10:04 am said:

So when are we getting the R&C collection for the Vita? Australia is getting it on the 2nd, & there has been no given release date for the US. What’s going on here?

+ KnifingGrimace on June 29th, 2014 at 10:05 am said:

More Gundam is never a bad thing. Someone needs to actually take over the anime rights from the now defunct Bandai Entertainment US branch so I can watch new dubbed episodes. Funimation? Nudge, nudge?

+ blackgndrf on June 29th, 2014 at 10:05 am said:

Guacamelee! :D I will beat this game again with pleasure on PS4.

No “Another World” this week? :(

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on June 29th, 2014 at 10:09 am said:

Hope you enjoy Guacamelee!

As far as I’m aware, Another World will be coming soon. Please stay tuned for more information!

+ SprO– on June 29th, 2014 at 10:05 am said:

Oooooh! Picking up sniper elite 3 and guacamelee!

+ MushThePainter on June 29th, 2014 at 10:05 am said:

Would gladly play Child of Light again if it was cross buy

+ Fardeenah on June 29th, 2014 at 10:06 am said:

child of light is amazing!! cant wait to experience it on my OLED vita screen

+ Mr_Mackwo on June 29th, 2014 at 10:08 am said:

BEYOND! Ryan, is Child of Light a cross buy and or a cross save? I loved it on PS4, but would very much enjoy it on Vita as well. Thanks!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on June 29th, 2014 at 10:11 am said:

Beyond! You may want to check with Ubisoft to confirm. I’m currently under the impression that cross buy is not supported. I’m unaware if there is cross save support!

Thanks for checking in.

+ SNORLAXex on June 29th, 2014 at 10:13 am said:

I’m glad to see Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn managed to come over to the states.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on June 29th, 2014 at 10:22 am said:

Awesome!

+ Darkvizardichigo on June 29th, 2014 at 10:15 am said:

GUNDAM GUNDAM GUNDAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But how much will it be?

+ Darkvizardichigo on June 29th, 2014 at 10:16 am said:

Also any word on when oni giri is coming to ps4? The site says the 1st

+ gta5rockt on June 29th, 2014 at 10:16 am said:

Yeah Ryan Clements @ your comment at #13 why would Sony know about crossbuy right ??? Let the customer find out !!!

+ NeilBeyond on June 29th, 2014 at 10:16 am said:

awww man, i was really hoping titan invasion was gonna release this month, like you know, it said it would. Believe it or not, Ive been waiting to play revenge of the titans on my ps4 since i got it. Im a big fan of puppy games. Well, crossed fingures for next week!

+ Narcissus1302 on June 29th, 2014 at 10:17 am said:

No Ratchet and Clank Collection for Vita? Do you have any idea when it will come out in the US?

+ RyRincon17 on June 29th, 2014 at 10:22 am said:

Thanks as always, Ryan. Looking forward to finally digging into Child of Light on Vita!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on June 29th, 2014 at 10:24 am said:

Absolutely. Enjoy it! Great game.

+ Monterossa on June 29th, 2014 at 10:22 am said:

too many indies. it makes me sick.

+ Amir_G_M_US on June 29th, 2014 at 10:23 am said:

Any word about
ONE PIECE UNLIMITED WORLD RED? (VITA)

or
RATCHET & CLANK TRILOGY (VITA)
???

please????

+ KnifingGrimace on June 29th, 2014 at 10:25 am said:

Good indie games exist, @21.

+ Volken_us on June 29th, 2014 at 10:26 am said:

In this dark period, it is nice to see some love for the VITA with Child of Light :)

+ a7medii-bh on June 29th, 2014 at 10:27 am said:

hope to see more ps1 $ ps2 games coming to ps vita …

+ ABeardedViking on June 29th, 2014 at 10:28 am said:

Man just picked up Valiant Hearts and now I might need to get Guacamole. Man I have too many games to play before the Destiny beta drops in July. Us gamer’s have it tough lol

+ AsahiSeth on June 29th, 2014 at 10:31 am said:

Let’s keep the Atlus classics parade going. We’ve now got all of the PS2 Shin Megami Tensei titles but there is a ton of stuff left like tsugunai, Steambot Chronicles, Eternal Poison, and Dual Hearts. And some more Atlus PSOne titles will be welcomed with open arms too, like Hoshigami, Kartia, and the first Persona.

+ Chip1010 on June 29th, 2014 at 10:33 am said:

Nothing for me this week. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew that. Whenever I don’t buy something, I like to tell other people exactly what I didn’t buy, just so we’re all clear on things that I own. Later, if by chance I change my mind, I’ll email you all individually.

+ fantasyplayer on June 29th, 2014 at 10:34 am said:

You are right # 23 or there would be next to nothing in gaming right now.It is kind of sad to say.

+ Kai_Shenlong on June 29th, 2014 at 10:36 am said:

@15 / Darkvizardichigo

DW:GR has been available for preorder on the PSN as of 6/24 for $39.99.

+ Silver_shion on June 29th, 2014 at 10:38 am said:

Vamanos is not a word xD
Its VAMOS !!

+ Mando44646 on June 29th, 2014 at 10:38 am said:

Ugh I wish Gundam was on Vita or PS4 as well. Why only PS3?

+ George_Castanza9 on June 29th, 2014 at 10:40 am said:

Is this the actual Powerhouse and is there some kind of discount deal with Guacamelee if you already own it? Beyond!

+ Teflon02 on June 29th, 2014 at 10:41 am said:

Man, I bought Child of light at launch for ps4, but I only did cause I wanted a Vita version and didn’t expect one. It was announced like days after I bought it. So I barely touched the ps4 version hoping to get the Vita version through cross buy or something. Sadly not, and I don’t even have money for it right now :(, I’m still trying to find money for Atelier Rorona Plus damn.

+ JakeNoseIt on June 29th, 2014 at 10:41 am said:

Going crazy trying to find information about a US release for the Ratchet and Clank Vita collection. As a huge Ratchet fan, it’s frustrating that the EU blog has had posts and release information (game is arriving in a few days there), while the US blog has had nothing but a tiny mention at the end of the Ratchet and Clank PS4 announcement post. My guess is that that mention was a mistake because the same post was copied between the EU and US blogs. What’s up guys? Can we expect to see Ratchet arrive on the US PSN this week, July, or even at all? Feeling pretty left in the dark on this one :/

+ Sonicfan11589 on June 29th, 2014 at 10:42 am said:

It was said on the PS Blog for Guacamelee! for PS4 that there MIGHT be something for people who bought the game on PS3/Vita. Any updates on that?

+ God-Of-Lyf on June 29th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

Don’t you just love it when nobody has any info about a new release game outside of the scope of the post, each week its like a guessing game around here. We have to find out the answers one the store goes live. It’s pretty pathetic if you ask me. And they always pawn it of on the devs forums or website. Its like a bunch of monkeys running this show, they poop in their hands and then throw it at us…!

+ NathanElliot on June 29th, 2014 at 10:53 am said:

Do you need to pay 4 these. If yes is there any idea what the free game is?

+ TheFunkyPhantom on June 29th, 2014 at 10:53 am said:

One thing I’ve learned about PS4? If a publisher wants to screw folks out a game that was bought as crossbuy on Vita and/or PS3 they can just include some DLC in the PS4 version, slap the word ‘EDITION’ in the title somewhere and BAM, the customers are forced to re-purchase what should be crossbuy. It’s quite insulting. Here are some examples- ‘Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition’, ‘Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition’, ‘Stealth Inc: Ultimate Edition’, ‘Castlestorm Ultimate Edition’, and ‘Don’t Starve Giant Edition’ . It was nice that Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate Edition was a remade compilation and not the assets slapped together. At least the folks responsible for ‘Limbo’ didn’t bother with the charade, they just made the PS3 and Vita versions separate, no need for ‘EDITION’, just honesty.

+ BackBerner on June 29th, 2014 at 11:11 am said:

I know this has been echoed across Vita owners in this thread but I think some of us would like to know when the Ratchet and Clank HD Trilogy is coming stateside. I personally would like to know when Sword Art online HollowFragment is supposed to be releasing as well.

+ NX_Nytrux on June 29th, 2014 at 11:13 am said:

PS2 Classics wish list:
– Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
– Silent Hill: Origins
– Obscure 1 & 2
– Forbidden Siren 2

+ Scaramanga1983 on June 29th, 2014 at 11:16 am said:

Hey, Ryan, “vamanos” isn’t a word. It should be “vamos” or “vamonos”.

+ TeamGreen615 on June 29th, 2014 at 11:17 am said:

@28 LOL! Thanks for keeping us posted. Good day Sir!

+ vza004 on June 29th, 2014 at 11:19 am said:

I wish Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn would have a proper retail release and not just digitally. I like my hard copies and my HDD simply doesn’t have enough space anymore.

+ muha_ronin on June 29th, 2014 at 11:21 am said:

Child of Light, I guess I don´t have to sell my Vita anymore

+ jchill001 on June 29th, 2014 at 11:22 am said:

wouldve like to get dynasty warriors gundam reborn but no dub = no buy

+ starboy11 on June 29th, 2014 at 11:31 am said:

What about the storm 3 demo and unlimited world red?

+ CanaryIsles on June 29th, 2014 at 11:41 am said:

Been a sony supporter since Day1 on PS1 but this is getting ridiculous now we do not even get info if games are crossbuy and many games for ps3/ps4 actually are not crossbuy? Has Sony just turned DUMB?Do you really think we will buy the games two times? Whats the logic behind this? I urge sony management to fire the idiots responsible and get people who care and walk the extramile to work for sony so you can halt the bankruptcy and loss of customers to mobile/tablets its insane now all kids have tablets to play, when back in the day all had a playstation,not anymore :(

+ CanaryIsles on June 29th, 2014 at 11:43 am said:

For example sniper elite v3 i can GUARANTEE you it would sell 5 times more with crossbuy , this is just insane to keep enforcing DRM and restrictions when over a billion people play free games every day

+ CanaryIsles on June 29th, 2014 at 11:44 am said: