PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 7/1/2014

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Jun 29, 2014 // Social Media Specialist

The Drop

¡Vamanos! Juan and Tostada face off against the terrible Carlos Calaca and his gang of minions in the latest game to join the PlayStation library. Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition arrives on PS4 this Tuesday. Prepare your luchador mask.

Guacamelee on PS4 features an ample supply of new content, including additional stages, enemies, abilities, and chicken egg bombs. The developers at DrinkBox have also added a new boss to the mix — El Trio, a three-headed skeleton in charge of assembling Carlos Calaca’s undead army.

But that’s not all, luchadors. Sniper Elite 3 also hits PlayStation this week on PS4 and PS3. It’s 1942 North Africa. Germany is building a weapon to crush the Allied forces. As a skilled soldier, observe terrain, plan out attacks, and execute the perfect shot in massive, dynamic environments rife with long-range opportunity.

There’s more coming to PlayStation this week, so read on for the complete list — and enjoy the Drop!

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition

Child of Light PS Vita
ConstantC
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
Puddle
Sniper Elite 3

New PlayStation Releases This Week

Child of Light PS Vita
PS Vita — Digital (Already Available on PS4, PS3)
Envisioned as a “Playable Poem” by its creators, Child of Light is a modern reimagining of our childhood fairy tales. Set in the magical world of Lemuria, it takes us on the coming-of-age journey of Aurora, a young girl struggling to save a lost kingdom and her ailing father.
ConstantC
PS3 — Digital
In a distant future, a scientific research station has an accident, and time inside the space station has been completely suspended. Players play a Crisis Rescue Robot equipped with a rotating gravity remote and an ability to make time re-flow locally. In order to prevent enlargement, the player must pass various challenges to repair the space station.
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn
PS3 — Digital
Gundam comes to life in the classic Dynasty Warriors series like never before. Experience the thrill of reliving your favorite epic battles from the Gundam Universe in massive battlefields with hundreds of opponents. Features more than 100 playable Mobile Suits and thrilling story episodes for each series represented.
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
PS4 — Digital
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition is a Metroidvania-style action-platformer set in a magical world inspired by traditional Mexican culture and folklore. Get ready for non-stop fighting action with an extensive move list, including “Intenso” and The Rooster Uppercut. Includes new elite-class enemies, vibrant costumes, and more.
Puddle
PS4 — Digital, Cross Buy (Already Available on PS3, PS Vita)
Dive into Puddle, a physics game unlike any other where you have to guide a puddle of fluid by tilting the environment to the left or right. Play carefully, taking friction, gravity, and temperature into account, and by using the unique properties of each type of fluid in a range of environments.
Sniper Elite 3
PS4, PS3 — Digital, Retail
North Africa, 1942. Germany plans to build a wonder weapon with the power to crush the Allied forces in its path. Sabotage their plans or the resistance is over. Stalk the shadows in silence or go loud in the blink of an eye. Relocate away from danger and hunt on your own terms in expansive, non-linear levels, with more choice and longer shots than ever before.

Demos and Betas

Child of Light — PS Vita Demo

The information above is subject to change without notice.

+ SNORLAXex on June 29th, 2014 at 11:50 am said:

^

I’m pretty sure Cross-Buy is up to the developers.
So, most Sony DEVELOPED games will have it, but it’s a little silly to expect it of every title.

+ Rezolution77 on June 29th, 2014 at 11:54 am said:

Hope this weeks sales are better.
Didn’t see Catherine on your Sales Post last week, and yet, the only one I picked up.

I have realized that the players blogs are usually the only reason I even come to your website.
Most of you don’t even play games, so to get information from you about them is non-existant so why bother.

Love next months IGC lineup, and had to remember that they all are released tuesday this month.
The month notice in advance, was confusing.

Child of Light for Vita….Woot!.
Now just have to wait a year to get a sale price to make it Crossbuy.

Its the same freaking game, so why have to buy it twice?

Also, anyone considering PSN movies. DON’T. One time download, and if something happens to your hd, memory card, customer service does not care.

+ Gamer_USA- on June 29th, 2014 at 12:02 pm said:

The only thing that needs to be added to the Guacamelee! title is “Combat” and its a million seller for sure!

+ Lucent85 on June 29th, 2014 at 12:13 pm said:

So uh…where’s Suikoden II? lol

+ xero_raven on June 29th, 2014 at 12:15 pm said:

When will you guys be announcing the PS+ discounts and the weekly sale?

+ Chip1010 on June 29th, 2014 at 12:21 pm said:

“When will you guys be announcing the PS+ discounts and the weekly sale?”

Tomorrow morning, I imagine.

+ Robbie_G_lrish on June 29th, 2014 at 12:24 pm said:

@28 Thank you.

+ poodude on June 29th, 2014 at 12:48 pm said:

Just Sniper Elite 3 for me this week. Thinking of grabbing Guacamelee on PS4. Loved it on Vita/PS3, but not sure I’d have the time to play it!

+ KazeEternal on June 29th, 2014 at 12:57 pm said:

Child of Light, Cross Buy and/or Cross Play?

+ AizawaYuuichi on June 29th, 2014 at 1:05 pm said:

@ Rezolution77: You can spread your hate all you want, but please don’t spread misinformation. They updated PSN years ago to allow for re-downloading of purchased video content. I’ve personally done so with episodes of Young Justice that I bought digitally. They rolled PSN video content into Video Unlimited, so purchased content is ALSO fully streamable to Video Unlimited enabled devices, like the PS4. You don’t even have to download the videos. Blatantly lying on the Blog is pretty low, dude, even for you.

@ The Drop: I might pick up Guacamelee if DrinkBox is able to setup a discount for previous owners. Considering all the included DLC and NEW CONTENT for this release, I’m perfectly fine with buying it again, just not at full price. I’ve still got plenty of physical games that I haven’t even had time to start yet, so it’ll need to be an attractive price to get me to jump on it.

+ LeiFangFan85 on June 29th, 2014 at 1:05 pm said:

Is there any chance we’ll see this version of Guacamelee on the PS Vita sometime soon? BTW, I can’t wait to get Muramasa Rebirth and Child of Light on Tuesday.:D

+ yowzagabowza on June 29th, 2014 at 1:06 pm said:

Welcome to the drop. The most useless post on the internet. No prices, no info, half the actual releases.

Seriously, ryan, why do you know NOTHING about the games going on sale in TWO DAYS?!? Maybe do a little research before you post. Yknow, check these developers websites and stuff like you always suggest we do. You ARE the social media guy, aren’t you?

+ MisterOrlando on June 29th, 2014 at 1:12 pm said:

Beyond! Whatever that means….

+ xXameratsuXx on June 29th, 2014 at 1:31 pm said:

Where is naruto storm revolution demo, and naruto will be digital download too?

+ StrawHatLeon on June 29th, 2014 at 1:36 pm said:

Why is the drop only for the US blog, I’d love something like this on the EU one too. I want to know if there will be a demo for Child of Light on the vita in EU before wednesday, so I can decide whether or not to pre-order the game.

+ LeeorV on June 29th, 2014 at 1:40 pm said:

Any news about a discount/upgrade deal for owners of Guacamelee on PS3?

+ IzoGray on June 29th, 2014 at 1:45 pm said:

I don’t know if Drinkbox Studios should be supported with the way they ignore PS3 and Vita owners, people who supported Guacamelee first. No word of this content even being released as DLC later

+ The_Great_Ska on June 29th, 2014 at 1:55 pm said:

@ 65 – Just don’t pre order the game. It’s not like they will run out of digital copies anyways.

+ dkarlowicz10 on June 29th, 2014 at 2:15 pm said:

I am also wondering if you will announce Ratchet and Clank Trilogy for Vita for North America. EU has it coming out in a week or two. I know that Sony Executives recently announced that Vita won’t be getting any AAA games, but please don’t abandon your faithful Vita owners. I have a PS4 (and PS3) but don’t want my Vita to be a companion piece for the PS4. I want stand alone games.

+ Rezolution77 on June 29th, 2014 at 2:24 pm said:

@60

Obviously you have never bought one.
Videos CAN NOT be redownloaded from Vita OR PS3, not too mention not being playable on PS4.

Thats a FACT.

+ Rezolution77 on June 29th, 2014 at 2:25 pm said:

Better know the TRUTH, before you call someone a liar.

+ SNORLAXex on June 29th, 2014 at 2:28 pm said:

^
Hey man, you’re looking pretty silly now.

They fixed that a few months ago, as I can re-download videos just fine from my PS3 and Vita.

+ Rezolution77 on June 29th, 2014 at 2:34 pm said:

As for your Video Unlimited comment, its a pay per month service.
And is not available on Vita from what I see, so doubt its on PS3.

Unless you are lacking a brain, why on earth would I want to pay every month to watch movies I already own.
You obviously must be lacking.

+ Rezolution77 on June 29th, 2014 at 2:36 pm said:

Silly?
Then how is it I go to my downloads on vita, and nothing there.

When I try on PS3 it shows download, but when clicked does nothing.

+ SNORLAXex on June 29th, 2014 at 2:40 pm said:

You clearly didn’t just check, or they would be there.

Check your entire download list.

+ Rezolution77 on June 29th, 2014 at 2:40 pm said:

Also why woud Cutomer Service tell me it a one time download?

Don’t believe, Call them.

+ SNORLAXex on June 29th, 2014 at 2:42 pm said:

How about you check yourself.

+ Rezolution77 on June 29th, 2014 at 2:43 pm said:

On what exactly?

My entire download list on Vita doesn’t show anything unless I have not downloaded them already.

On PS3, it shows, but will not download.

+ Rezolution77 on June 29th, 2014 at 2:45 pm said:

Already did. Newb.

I meant for anyone disbelieving.

+ SNORLAXex on June 29th, 2014 at 2:45 pm said:

You either:

A – Have only ever rented videos digitally
B – Are on a different account

Fact is though, that I can delete all the anime from my hard drive, and then re-download it.

Source: I’m on my second hard drive, and didn’t do a back up.

+ spacemonkeyham on June 29th, 2014 at 2:58 pm said:

Wish I’d waited for the Vita version of Child of Light. I’d have completed it by now if I’d been able to play while watching TV.

+ QUINTISON on June 29th, 2014 at 3:00 pm said:

So why does nintendo already have ANOTHER WORLD and playstation doesn’t?!! Exclusivity period bought by nintendo or what?

+ viceforce on June 29th, 2014 at 3:10 pm said:

Really don’t understand Y Gundam Reborn is digital only when EU has it on disc. This game will sellout in stores.

+ Rezolution77 on June 29th, 2014 at 3:13 pm said:

Done arguiing with you @80.

Double checked AGAIN to make certain, yup, clicked it on PS3 and nothing.
Doubt me, call.

+ Rezolution77 on June 29th, 2014 at 3:15 pm said:

Oddly enough, no replies from social media to disprove my statement.

+ exChardude on June 29th, 2014 at 3:36 pm said:

^

I too can re-download my videos just fine.
Sounds like you have a problem with your account.

+ Kai_Shenlong on June 29th, 2014 at 3:39 pm said:

@80

All video downloads are a one-time download unless you call Playstation Support with a valid reason for them to authorize a second download. And Playstation Support can only reauthorize a redownload one time, so you can download any video twice. Ever.

Source: PlayStation Support (1-800-345-SONY)

+ neuropunk on June 29th, 2014 at 3:41 pm said:

So unhappy with the PS3 gen and the death of quality turn based / ATB JRPGs. Dissatisfied with modern gaming as a whole on PS3 and PS4.

*converts to PC gaming and Nintendo*

+ exChardude on June 29th, 2014 at 3:46 pm said:

@ 87

That support line needs to get with the times then, because that’s false information.

+ Kai_Shenlong on June 29th, 2014 at 3:47 pm said:

@everybody

Source: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1105

+ exChardude on June 29th, 2014 at 3:49 pm said:

lol at neuropunk spamming every other article with “the death of RPGs”

+ KISH1975 on June 29th, 2014 at 3:52 pm said:

Guacamelee how much is it , I am surprised the x1 is giving Guacamelee as the free game not bad I will get it on my x1 for free . I pre ordered and already downloaded sniper 3 for ps4 . puddle is great I hope it is free since I already bought it for my vita ?

+ KISH1975 on June 29th, 2014 at 3:53 pm said:

neuropunk Nintendo lol whoooo 5 games a year and no multy platform games , way to go

+ PhillyTheCat on June 29th, 2014 at 3:53 pm said:

In the past, I have downloaded a movie to a PSP & years later to my PS3.

+ Kai_Shenlong on June 29th, 2014 at 3:56 pm said:

@exChardude

Go to the Playstation website. Starts with us.playstation. Look up article 1105, “PSN Video Owner Terms”, last updated 3/18/2014. It very clearly states “Videos purchased on the video store cannot be re-downloaded once it has been downloaded to either a PS3 or PS Vita/PSP system”. I already posted the direct link, but it’s awaiting moderation.

+ exChardude on June 29th, 2014 at 4:01 pm said:

I’m not sure what to tell you then.

I’m not sure why some people can download their stuff, but others can’t.

+ Shudderdust on June 29th, 2014 at 4:07 pm said:

Any good deals this week? Waiting for MGS Ground Zeroes to go sub-$20 again. If Kojima would have shown the MGSV 30-min demo the week OF E3 instead of AFTER I would have bit when MGS:GZ was $18 and change :-(

+ maltliquor23 on June 29th, 2014 at 4:12 pm said:

Maybe you could have at least let us know what was going to be on sale for the second week of the blast sale like you have every other year instead of leaving everyone hanging. I dont know whether to throw in for the ps3 version of BF4 or see if the PS4 version will be on sale.

+ DecadanceFantasy on June 29th, 2014 at 4:15 pm said:

Hey. I might try the Child of Light demo on my PS Vita. I tried it before on my PS3 but it wasn’t playing sound at all so I deleted it. Hopefully all the components will work this time around.

+ Shudderdust on June 29th, 2014 at 4:16 pm said:

@maltliquor23

They might announce sales tomorrow (Monday) during the PS+ update. Grab yourself a King Cobra and kick back until then.