No Man's Sky

Flash Sale: 20+ Games $0.99 Each, This Weekend Only

Chieh Chen's Avatar + Posted by Chieh Chen on Jul 11, 2014 // Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

PS Store July Flash Sale

Hi everyone! We’ve got a serious Flash Sale for you over the next couple days, with more than 20 games available for just $0.99 each. The Flash Sale starts right now, so head over to PlayStation Store and snap up some awesome games to play this summer. Here’s the full lineup:

Title Sale Price Original Price
Velocity Ultra (PS Vita) $0.99 $7.49
Velocity Ultra (PS3) $0.99 $9.99
Virtua Fighter 2 (PS3) $0.99 $4.99
Wild Arms (PS3/PSP/PS Vita) $0.99 $5.99
Wild Arms 2 (PS3/PSP/PS Vita) $0.99 $5.99
Worms Revolution (PS3) $0.99 $14.99

You aren’t seeing things — all of those games are, in fact, available this weekend for $0.99 each. Head to PlayStation Store between now and Monday, July 14 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific when the sale ends to take advantage of these prices. What games are you going to add to your collection this weekend?

PAGE 1 2 3 4 8

+ stalepie on July 11th, 2014 at 1:54 pm said:

Thanks. I bought a number of them even though I don’t have a working PS3. (Hope they’re transferable to PS4 someday).

+ TooLVolta on July 11th, 2014 at 1:56 pm said:

Getting Dino Crisis for sure, there should be more $0.99 sales like this for PS1 classics more often. I hope to see titles like parasite eve and final fantasy next.

+ akuma9000 on July 11th, 2014 at 1:56 pm said:

sweetness. just pickuped up twisted metal black, tekken 2, and legend of dragoon

+ MakoSoul on July 11th, 2014 at 1:56 pm said:

Wow, I already have all of the games I would have wanted from PS+.

+ ZeoKhalid on July 11th, 2014 at 1:56 pm said:

nothing for ps4 ?

+ Drew_Croft on July 11th, 2014 at 1:59 pm said:

Yay PS1 PS2 and old PS+ games.

Chieh Chen's Avatar

+ Chieh Chen on July 11th, 2014 at 5:55 pm said:

I know right?! Yay! I love the classics. Know your roots. (⌒.−)=★

+ Nevi901 on July 11th, 2014 at 1:59 pm said:

Now we’re talking! I must’ve gotten everything from that list. Love these flash sales!

+ Trendy_Kid on July 11th, 2014 at 2:00 pm said:

Legend of Dragoon is available on the PSP and not the Vita. Ouch….

+ brad74111 on July 11th, 2014 at 2:02 pm said:

Gonna have to get me some Legend of Dragoon, great game!

+ Tinye310 on July 11th, 2014 at 2:04 pm said:

YES! an excuse to buy legend of dragoon!

+ SerdarCiiraKk on July 11th, 2014 at 2:10 pm said:

When will Europeans get a decent sale? My Vita has been untouched since I finished AC3: Liberation, Indie Vita games for 9.99? Really? Why can’t we have these awesome sales?

+ sbaradan06 on July 11th, 2014 at 2:10 pm said:

Meh! Most of these games were given as free games for PS+ members over the last few years.
Give us some PS4 deals Sony!

+ Akibara12 on July 11th, 2014 at 2:10 pm said:

Awesome sale. Too bad I can’t permanently buy the ones that are on the IGC list. @GraceChen when are you guys going to fix that? Don’t you guys want our money?

+ xClayMeow on July 11th, 2014 at 2:11 pm said:

I wish Double Dragon Neon was on Vita! I’d be all over that!

+ xClayMeow on July 11th, 2014 at 2:13 pm said:

Why no Malicious Rebirth for Vita?

Malicious (PS3) was already IGC, while Rebirth was not, so it would have made more sense to finally give Vita owners a break.

+ maxcoronel2014 on July 11th, 2014 at 2:19 pm said:

And yet, not a single PS4 game. C’ mon guys, you can do better that! Show some love to us PS4 users.

+ NeoShockDark on July 11th, 2014 at 2:20 pm said:

I’d love it if there was a sale on HD Classics like Metal Gear Solid and Hitman, or some of the PSOne RPG games, like FF7, FF8, Xenogears, and FF9. Maybe a sale on some fighter games?

My birthday is coming up in early August, and I’d be happy if my family was able to save some money.

By the way, why is Little Big Planet more expensive than Little Big Planet 2? Shouldn’t that be in reverse?

+ BioSpock on July 11th, 2014 at 2:21 pm said:

@48 Aw poor you, having to deal with all these sales. Must be hard to go to the Playstation blog and see amazing deals on games that don’t interest you and this must be terrible.

I already have 4 of these games and I’m going to buy 6 when I get home tonight (particularly looking forward to twisted metal and harvest moon).

Chieh Chen's Avatar

+ Chieh Chen on July 11th, 2014 at 2:38 pm said:

Thanks for your support BioSpock!

What are the other 4 titles you’re looking at aside from Twisted Metal: Black and Harvest Moon: Back to Nature?

+ BioSpock on July 11th, 2014 at 2:23 pm said:

thus*

Also you can’t expect PS4 games to already be going on sale for 99 cents.

+ purse317 on July 11th, 2014 at 2:25 pm said:

8 or more of the titles listed above have been free for plus members at one time or another. The classics on the list I’ve brought years ago so nothing for me. Hopefully we’ll see a spend $50 get $10 sale during the October/November and the holiday season and I’d personally prefer the EU sales over the ones we’ve seen thus far.

It’s summer time not many games are releasing so we’d like some nice sales to further build up our back catalog.

+ MoonKnight2 on July 11th, 2014 at 2:25 pm said:

Can Legend of Dragoon be transferred from the PS3 to the Vita for play? I never played LoD but heard many great things about it from friends. It might be a good time to check out this classic RPG, on Vita if possible.

+ purse317 on July 11th, 2014 at 2:26 pm said:

Oh and yeah many of us would like to actually buy the games that have been IGC titles so we can own them permanently

+ Kronicle1337 on July 11th, 2014 at 2:29 pm said:

More reasons not to use my PS4 =(

+ Kronicle1337 on July 11th, 2014 at 2:31 pm said:

@BioSpock who said anything about PS4 games going on sale? Wouldn’t mind having the ability to buy a few of these games on the PS4..

+ MetroidMatthew on July 11th, 2014 at 2:32 pm said:

Sweet sale! It would be nice if PS4 got sales like this. Pretty much every game s available at retail for considerably less.

+ ABNJ on July 11th, 2014 at 2:32 pm said:

Sucks that pretty much every good game has been free on Plus. Might pick up Legend of Dragoon.

+ PrimeroIncognito on July 11th, 2014 at 2:32 pm said:

@ purse317

Just stay subbed to Plus and you’ll always have access to all those games.

Or buy them on a sub-account.

Nothing to worry about.

+ PainOfSarrow on July 11th, 2014 at 2:32 pm said:

yes yesss thank you thank youu. this made up for the last store update this week. 1$ are the best. i have alot of these already but some of those i will def be getting. please keep doing these 1$ sales. the best.

+ DarkOne_PR on July 11th, 2014 at 2:33 pm said:

AAAAAAARG! nothing for me! i already have Legend of dragoon too…. sigh…

+ zalwelgoedgaan on July 11th, 2014 at 2:35 pm said:

@BioSpock: You misquoting or something?

+ Drew_Croft on July 11th, 2014 at 2:36 pm said:

Oh well thankfully I got Skyrim, Witcher 2 and Fallout New Vegas for $20 bucks in the Microsoft sale.

+ xClayMeow on July 11th, 2014 at 2:41 pm said:

Please update this and add MALICIOUS REBIRTH to the sale!

1) Malicious was already IGC, while Malicious Rebirth was not.
2) Show some Vita love!
3) Don’t use the excuse that MR is $14.99 compared to $9.99 because there are other $14.99 titles on sale.
4) Show some Vita love!
5) They’re both published by SCEA in North America, so there’s no “the publisher didn’t approve it” BS excuse – YOU ARE THE PUBLISHER!
6) Show some Vita love!

Thanks!

+ The_craig1986 on July 11th, 2014 at 2:43 pm said:

Awesome sale! I now have months of games lined up on my Vita.

+ DanteMerfi on July 11th, 2014 at 2:44 pm said:

A sale that includes classic PS3 titles from the early years at around $5 would be awesome. Not everyone has owned a PS3 from the get go.

+ LocoMURRDA on July 11th, 2014 at 2:44 pm said:

Modnation Racers is criminally unerappreciated. Who needs Mario Kart 8? Little Big Planet Karting also!

+ herbalsticky on July 11th, 2014 at 2:46 pm said:

Chieh Chen said good things are coming for PS4 – I like that tease! :)

+ LocoMURRDA on July 11th, 2014 at 2:46 pm said:

At least Sony understands how digital should work. More Steam like sales and people will start to adopt the idea more.

+ Goldanas on July 11th, 2014 at 2:48 pm said:

Hey, Sony, I wanted to thank you for doing a cool sale like this for your PSOne Classics. This is really awesome, and I hope to see more of it.

Also, with the PSOne classics I hope that you continue that trend of rereleased versions of titles that work across multiple platforms. When it comes to digital games, I like having them tied to my account that I can take across different sets of hardware, and have those games on all of them. I look forward to being able to play my PSOne games on PS4, and I hope that eventually we get something like this that ties into PS2 games, which you’ve tapped into a little bit on the PS3.

Anyway, thanks for supporting us, and remaining competitive in the digital space. It gives me confidence in your products and services.

+ Rezolution77 on July 11th, 2014 at 2:48 pm said:

Already bought alot of these.
But a sale is beter than none.

Looking at a few, while trying to play Catherine while the kids are out.

I know Harvest Moon for sure, and probably Dino Crisis, Legend of Dragoon, Toe Jam and Earl, Papo and Yo, and Double Dragon Neon.

Would have liked Malicious on Vita:(

Either way,
Thanks for atleast trying. Definately beats spending $10 bucks at the Arcade.

+ gman11555 on July 11th, 2014 at 2:51 pm said:

is it possible to purchase any of these if we previously downloaded them as free PS Plus games and still have an active PS Plus subscription? I wouldnt mind owning a few of these but already “own” them from the free offering and it wont let me purchase them. Thank you in advance.! :-)

+ rickbarrerah on July 11th, 2014 at 2:53 pm said:

I’m getting Dino 1 & 2

+ CrimsonDev on July 11th, 2014 at 2:53 pm said:

Bought Malicious, would have preferred the Vita version just to have more games on mi Vita library but it’s ok, will buy it eventually if i like it & depending on how much added content it has.

Also…Darkcloud 2 for Ps2 Classics, i never got a chance to play it in the Ps2 era. >.>
Or a Darkcloud exclusive to Vita.(Or HD re-make/re-release for the Ps3, 4 & Vita)

+ DragonIrons on July 11th, 2014 at 2:53 pm said:

Man, there’s still dimwits that have a Vita and don’t know how to use it. Still complaining you can’t play a PSP game like Legend of Dragoon on Vita? YES YOU CAN, I bought it last year! lmao….. hell I can play it on the PS3 too. Most PSP games will play on the PS3 I think, so can Wild Arms.

It’s simple, buy it here on the web based store or buy it through the store on your PS3….. download it on your PS3, then transfer the downloaded install file FROM your PS3 to your Vita….. and before someone says “but I dont’ have a PS3″…… well sucks to be you. You dont’ know ANYONE that has one? Log in your account on their console, go to store, buy game, download game, transfer game to your Vita, delete your account from friend’s console……….

People today just can’t think for themselves……

+ mettreidici on July 11th, 2014 at 2:54 pm said:

People are actually complaining about a 0,99$ sale?! Come on…

+ lisatsunami on July 11th, 2014 at 2:54 pm said:

I enjoy Chieh’s posts, if just to see that adorable cat avatar.

Ok, I’m usually underwhelmed with old games due to graphics and controls, but I’ll try Legend of Dragoon at that price and transfer to my Vita, since people say it’s doable.

Chieh Chen's Avatar

+ Chieh Chen on July 11th, 2014 at 3:15 pm said:

Meow. Nyan nyan~~ (.=^・ェ・^=)

+ charleschannels on July 11th, 2014 at 2:55 pm said:

No love for PS4 u.u

+ frogman321 on July 11th, 2014 at 2:59 pm said:

Unfortunantly I wont be getting any of these (as much as i want them, seriously wild arms for a dollar?! Yes please!) since all the sales and discounts only come to the ps3 instead of all playstation platforms for no apparent reason. People on ps4 need games to play too :’(

It really seems odd to reward the people who havent shown there support buy purchasing the ps4. i realize maybe some cant afford it so this sale is great for them but it really alienates the “hardcore” player base (which you should be targeting with sales like these) who have been sittting on our hands for the past seven months without alot to play. (The ps3 ps+ rewards are often better as well!)

If the ps4 can stream ps3 games via playstation now, then it should have no problem running/streaming ps1 or ps2 games.

+ DragonIrons on July 11th, 2014 at 3:00 pm said:

^ you expect a PS4 game for 99 cents? LMAO!!!!

+ Chip1010 on July 11th, 2014 at 3:02 pm said:

I sympathize with people who only have a PS4, because it must suck to see people so excited for something you can’t partake in. That sucks. I get that. You want a sale, too! But you have a brand-new console. You’re not going to get $1 games. And probably not a ton of $5 games either. The PS Plus IGC is going to be the best “sale” you can find for a little while. If there’s a PS4 game you really want, you’re probably going to have to buy it for an actual sum of money. Or wait a couple of years.

This is, essentially, a nostalgia sale. You’re not going to get games that are less than a year old.

In the meantime, if you have the means, you’d be doing yourself a huge favor by buying a PS3 (and a 1TB HDD, I’d recommend!). The video game industry could die tomorrow and I’d have enough unplayed games on my PS3 to last the rest of my life.

+ purse317 on July 11th, 2014 at 3:04 pm said:

I think a really good “In Case You Missed It” sale would be nice. You could cover games across all consoles and generations.

Catherine
Dead Space
Reckoning
Far Cry 3
Vanquish
Blacklist
Metro
Darksiders 1 and 2
Starhawk
Dragon’s Crown

Make em really cheap so people who didn’t buy these great games will buy them and experience them. Also toss in some unknown good indies and some good vita titles and we’d have a good sale.

In fact start packaging some games together or allowing developers to do so. Maybe a buy 4 get one free deal or something. Expand the stores horizon.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 8