PS4 - Destiny

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 7/15/2014

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Jul 13, 2014 // Social Media Specialist

The Drop

Guardians, zombies, and anime pirates — just another week in the PlayStation universe, friends.

First, prepare for one of the most anticipated gaming events of the year — the Destiny beta begins first on PlayStation. Pre-ordering Destiny secures any prospective Guardian a spot in the beta. Free humanity from the clutches of darkness and fight using the light of the Traveler.

Crimsonland storms onto PS4 this week as well, bringing with it an old-school philosophy and hordes of enemies. As the quintessential “Trooper guy,” blast waves of aliens, giant spiders, zombies, and other unsavory fellows with a delightful assortment of 30 weapons. Crimsonland packs a 60-mission campaign with three difficulty settings, survival-based modes, and also some glorious local co-op. What started as a student project is now ready to make a splatter splash on PS4.

And for those One Piece fans out there, the recently released One Piece Unlimited World Red arrives on PS Vita this week. Join the Straw Hat Crew and face new threats across an episodic storyline. Beat down the bad guys, play mini-games, and sail for the New World!

Please game responsibly, and as always, enjoy the Drop!

Abyss Odyssey
Crimsonland
One Piece Unlimited World Red

New PlayStation Games This Week

Abyss Odyssey
PS3 — Digital
From indie Chilean developer ACE Team comes an Art Nouveau-styled, side-scrolling action adventure featuring a complex fighting engine in procedurally generated levels that destine its three warriors to battle for an eternity.
Crimsonland
PS4 — Digital
Crimsonland is an intense, top-down dual stick shooter where your screen is filled with hundreds of aliens, giant spiders, mutant lizards, and more. Complete sixty quests to unlock an array of weapons and abilities, then unleash your arsenal in five survival modes with leaderboards.
One Piece Unlimited World Red
PS Vita — Digital (Already Available for PS3)
The New World and its fierce challenges await Luffy and his Straw Hat Crew. In One Piece Unlimited World Red, players will live the complete pirate adventure thanks to fun-filled escapades, action-packed battles and powerful allies in a whole new, never-before-seen scenario.

Demos and Betas

Abyss Odyssey — PS3 Trial
Crimsonland — PS4 Trial
Destiny — PS4, PS3 Beta (July 17th)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

83 Comments

PAGE 1 2
Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on July 13th, 2014 at 9:38 am said:

Drop into that Destiny beta!

+ Wario64 on July 13th, 2014 at 9:41 am said:

That beta came from the moon

+ Rikomi on July 13th, 2014 at 9:43 am said:

Do you know if your progress is saved in the Destiny Beta? Or does it get wiped on official retail release?

+ jiisama_ on July 13th, 2014 at 9:46 am said:

Is the destiny beta open or only for those who pre-ordered?

+ Rikomi on July 13th, 2014 at 9:47 am said:

Only those who pre-ordered the guardian edition (i think its called that). It’s like 80 dollars.

+ Imerty on July 13th, 2014 at 9:48 am said:

Can’t wait to play the beta! And yes, the progress in the beta will be wiped.

+ sealum01 on July 13th, 2014 at 9:49 am said:

I’ve pre-ordered the Destiny bundle, so I will not be able to play the beta.. Unlike with the Alpha, I will not be watching footage of the Beta online as I want the experience to be fresh and vast when I finally get it in September. I am very excited for the rest of you fine folk that will have the opportunity to play the beta early, though!

+ Sonicfan11589 on July 13th, 2014 at 9:53 am said:

Meanwhile at I think EVO, Tekken 7 has been announced; will use Unreal Engine 4! No other details though. A logo was shown.

+ DigiOps on July 13th, 2014 at 9:56 am said:

@5 The beta is available to everyone who preordered and used the beta code from said preorder on bungie.net. The beta is not just for people who preordered the guardian edition.

+ SeanStrange on July 13th, 2014 at 9:56 am said:

Can’t wait to play in the Destiny beta on PS4!

+ gold_og_roger on July 13th, 2014 at 10:02 am said:

The Destiny Beta is open to those that preorder any edition on PSN. If you get it through a retailer, you’ll get three codes from Bungie, for a full fire team with your friends. Anyhow, is the pre-order for Ultimate Diablo 3, going up soon? Awesome game for Vita too. One price is so cool; it’s been one of my favorite shonen titles, for over 10 years.

+ hawjboi2009 on July 13th, 2014 at 10:03 am said:

hey Ryan Clement, how much does Abyss Odyssey cost on ps3 ? it look interesting to play

+ EliteKilla29 on July 13th, 2014 at 10:13 am said:

I would love to see more ps2 classics like burnout revenge, NFL street 2 and more. Maybe Nascar thunder 2004 or nascar total team 2006. Those are my favorite nascar games. I would really appreciate if you guy add more ps2 games like this.

+ Ekon on July 13th, 2014 at 10:15 am said:

I wish the beta lasted until the game released.. Now that would be a good Beta. Rumor is it will only last a week though. =/ Bummer. Two months or so to go. Hope the Beta has a lot of content. I have no clue what will be available in it due to avoiding everything that talks about it. I want to be surprised. =D

+ ArchangelMike on July 13th, 2014 at 10:23 am said:

I can’t wait for Destiny, I absolutely loved the Alpha and am sure the beta will be phenomenal. I got my pre-order locked and loaded.

+ saab01 on July 13th, 2014 at 10:30 am said:

Just to make sure the destiny beta will not load off of the destiny alpha? I still have the alpha on my ps4 and was wondering should I delete it to make room for the beta ?

+ aensm1 on July 13th, 2014 at 10:32 am said:

is there any updates about the us release of freedom wars yet?

+ aensm1 on July 13th, 2014 at 10:33 am said:

i can’t find any anywhere if so please tell me.

+ Mando44646 on July 13th, 2014 at 10:34 am said:

Meh. The drought on PS4 and Vita continue I guess

+ Doaner on July 13th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

@5 The beta comes with all pre-orders before the beta starts.

Even the standard edition comes with the beta.

+ Vextalon on July 13th, 2014 at 10:47 am said:

Does anybody know how much space the Destiny Beta is going to take up in the hard drive when it does come out?

+ medenko1975 on July 13th, 2014 at 10:48 am said:

amazon trick for destiny beta code works :)))))

+ Sharingan_itachi on July 13th, 2014 at 10:48 am said:

Did you know that One Piece Vita has a retail release?

thanks for doing sloppy job as always.

+ Doaner on July 13th, 2014 at 10:51 am said:

I pre-ordered a standard copy of Destiny and I got a beta download key coming this Thursday.

+ JosephDUDEhola1 on July 13th, 2014 at 11:01 am said:

Question: Why can’t we preorder Vita games on the store?

I always have to reserve on GameStop for a digital voucher, and go pick it up at the store :l

+ WilHiteWarrior on July 13th, 2014 at 11:08 am said:

Pretty lame drop… but that’s okay. It happens

+ Mecha_Sonic_75 on July 13th, 2014 at 11:32 am said:

Abyss Odyssey! With time, it will be huge! Some people just don’t know it yet. ACE Team and Atlus!

- Gameplay heavily inspired by Super Smash Bros and Street Fighter.
- Art style based on Alphonse Mucha’s Art Nouveau.
- A lot of cultural influences that make it authentic to the roots of the dev team.
- It will have Online Play.
- And Couch/Local Multiplayer for those that don’t have internet (a surprise if they’re able to read this without it).
- An intrigue for some of the FGC (believe it or not).

In regards to the gameplay style, you might want to search for more info on Abyss Odyssey. ACE Team added a 7-minute gameplay video on Youtube, for example. Well, anyways. I had the game pre-ordered for a while. And it will be a neat game to own! Impatiently waiting!

+ hazelcabug on July 13th, 2014 at 11:36 am said:

@23 Sharingan_itachi

What the heck are you talking about? there is no retail of One piece unlimited red region 1. Only in region 2 and region 3.

The hell happened in North America vita’s market? First the vita hardware are no longer available and now the games are released only in digital! WE WANT RETAIL OF ONE PIECE!!!

+ hazelcabug on July 13th, 2014 at 11:41 am said:

*CORRECTION
I mean first, America announced that there will be few AAA games, next vita hardware are no longer available in all official retailers and now the games are released on in digital! Is SCEamerica gonna completely abandon the support to vita?

+ Tinye310 on July 13th, 2014 at 11:41 am said:

tempted to buy destiny… I’m just not sure if I’ll be in to it

+ xClayMeow on July 13th, 2014 at 11:45 am said:

I have Abyss Odyssey pre-ordered for PC (Steam). Can’t wait to play that!

+ Splodem on July 13th, 2014 at 11:55 am said:

Some games I hope go on sale soon:

ZHP unlosing ranger (psp)
Snk arcade classics volume 1 (psp)
Sega genesis collection (psp)
Parasite eve (ps1)
Final fantasy 1 and 2 (ps1)
Unchained blades (psp)
Cladun (psp)
Grandia (ps1)
Alundra (ps1)
Suikoden (ps1)
Blood omen (ps1) it works on the vita, right?
Valkyria chronicles 2 (psp)
Both capcom arcade collections (psp)

Also, how come Cladun works for the vita, but not Cladun 2?

+ yowzagabowza on July 13th, 2014 at 12:19 pm said:

How much do these games cost? Oh wait. You guys dont think thats important enough to include in this post. Why even bother tellibg us what system its on? Just put a list of games up, we’ll figure out the rest.

+ OnesOwnGrief on July 13th, 2014 at 12:26 pm said:

The beta is open to all digital pre-orders, PS Plus members, and those who registered their pre-order codes on the bungie website. Then end.

+ OnesOwnGrief on July 13th, 2014 at 12:27 pm said:

Stupid autocorrect!

+ Kravers on July 13th, 2014 at 12:55 pm said:

@ hazelcabug

One Piece Unlimited World Red actually DOES have a retail release in the US exclusively through Gamestop. : P

+ ElektroDragon on July 13th, 2014 at 1:02 pm said:

FINALLY some DEMOS! Or Trials, as you call them. THANKS SONY, maybe you are finally listening.

The amount of good games that I end up having ignore because they don’t have trials is staggering.

+ HippeusOmega on July 13th, 2014 at 1:30 pm said:

Can’t wait for the Destiny beta for my ps4 this week. Should keep me busy till The Last of Us Remastered and Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls.

+ iREVOLTER on July 13th, 2014 at 2:02 pm said:

Love me some Destiny!

+ Zionine on July 13th, 2014 at 2:31 pm said:

Ratchet and Clank Collection has no news yet.. interesting. Good thing I imported from UK. Hope anyone who’s waiting out for this just goes and does what I did because the lack of information is horrible. Good thing the device is region-lock-free.

+ shadow_fire on July 13th, 2014 at 2:39 pm said:

Is Spelunky PS4 coming soon? It was supposed to be coming soon April 30th :(

+ muha_ronin on July 13th, 2014 at 2:51 pm said:

Playing Dragon Quest 8 on PS2

+ duke301 on July 13th, 2014 at 2:53 pm said:

I played the Destiny Alpha Beta (or whatever it was called) a few weeks back. I know many will not agree with me, but I really didn’t care for it. As an old-school gamer, I never have been able to develop a feel for first person shooters. Destiny, being a first person shooter, simply wasn’t very much fun. When it releases, I’ll be saving my money.

+ JosephDUDEhola1 on July 13th, 2014 at 3:24 pm said:

@28 & @36, Yes there is a retail version. However it’s not GameStop retail exclusive coz’ I went to Walmart the other day & saw it for preorder there too. But only GameStop haves the exclusive day one DLCs.

+ Sulumon on July 13th, 2014 at 3:28 pm said:

With everyone downloading the Destiny Beta, the PSN is going to be super-clogged. It’s going to take forever to download it. Be nice if they dished out the beta codes a day or two early for pre-downloading as an option.

+ neuropunk on July 13th, 2014 at 4:11 pm said:

Why do we need more sucky generic broshooters?

Haven’t you casual brodudes ruined video gaming enough as it is? Quit flooding the video game industry with your POS pewpewblastyblasts, and let us have real video games again.

I seriously miss turn based JRPGs (not hyper moe loli j-pop super anime crap) but stuff like Xenogears, classic turn based world map towns controllable party Final Fantasy, Chrono Trig, etc. You fratjockbrodudes have ruined video gaming with your sucky casual “games”.

+ stalepie on July 13th, 2014 at 5:00 pm said:

Neuro, there have been shooting games since the beginning of video games. Even Ralph Baer’s earliest games used a gun!

+ neuropunk on July 13th, 2014 at 5:33 pm said:

But there were very few FPS until PS3/Xbox360 gen ruined gaming.

In previous gens, not nearly every release was a brodude shooter.

Come on, release some games with some actual depth and substance! No more of this linear QTE brodude pewpew casual interactive movie crap!

+ SeanStrange on July 13th, 2014 at 5:54 pm said:

@48 Just stay away from the genre and stop bashing it. “Brodude shooters” will continue to be released because they sell well. When it comes to games like Destiny, it’s far from what you think it is. Destiny is a well-refined First-Person Shooter that strays away from the beaten path. Let people buy and play what they want. Not all “fratjockbrodudes” like First-Person Shooters. I, myself like to sit down and play some mindless shooters as well as some that require thinking and I bet lots of other, hardcore or casual, gamers like to do so as well.

+ neuropunk on July 13th, 2014 at 5:59 pm said:

So, if I let people play and buy what they want, then how come we can’t have any good RPGs anymore? Good games now are few and far between.

You do know that casual brodudes influence the video game industry in negative ways and ruin it for real gamers such as myself.

PAGE 1 2