PS4 - Destiny

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 7/15/2014

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Jul 13, 2014 // Social Media Specialist

The Drop

Guardians, zombies, and anime pirates — just another week in the PlayStation universe, friends.

First, prepare for one of the most anticipated gaming events of the year — the Destiny beta begins first on PlayStation. Pre-ordering Destiny secures any prospective Guardian a spot in the beta. Free humanity from the clutches of darkness and fight using the light of the Traveler.

Crimsonland storms onto PS4 this week as well, bringing with it an old-school philosophy and hordes of enemies. As the quintessential “Trooper guy,” blast waves of aliens, giant spiders, zombies, and other unsavory fellows with a delightful assortment of 30 weapons. Crimsonland packs a 60-mission campaign with three difficulty settings, survival-based modes, and also some glorious local co-op. What started as a student project is now ready to make a splatter splash on PS4.

And for those One Piece fans out there, the recently released One Piece Unlimited World Red arrives on PS Vita this week. Join the Straw Hat Crew and face new threats across an episodic storyline. Beat down the bad guys, play mini-games, and sail for the New World!

Please game responsibly, and as always, enjoy the Drop!

Abyss Odyssey
Crimsonland
One Piece Unlimited World Red

New PlayStation Games This Week

Abyss Odyssey
PS3 — Digital
From indie Chilean developer ACE Team comes an Art Nouveau-styled, side-scrolling action adventure featuring a complex fighting engine in procedurally generated levels that destine its three warriors to battle for an eternity.
Crimsonland
PS4 — Digital
Crimsonland is an intense, top-down dual stick shooter where your screen is filled with hundreds of aliens, giant spiders, mutant lizards, and more. Complete sixty quests to unlock an array of weapons and abilities, then unleash your arsenal in five survival modes with leaderboards.
One Piece Unlimited World Red
PS Vita — Digital (Already Available for PS3)
The New World and its fierce challenges await Luffy and his Straw Hat Crew. In One Piece Unlimited World Red, players will live the complete pirate adventure thanks to fun-filled escapades, action-packed battles and powerful allies in a whole new, never-before-seen scenario.

Demos and Betas

Abyss Odyssey — PS3 Trial
Crimsonland — PS4 Trial
Destiny — PS4, PS3 Beta (July 17th)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

83 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Elvick_ on July 13th, 2014 at 6:14 pm said:

One Piece is retail too… It may be retail exclusive to GS/EB but it’s still retail. SMH Sony

+ ImperfectTears on July 13th, 2014 at 6:16 pm said:

How do I sign up to play Abyss Odyssey on the ps3?

+ dkarlowicz10 on July 13th, 2014 at 6:37 pm said:

I look forward to Destiny demo. I am loving my PS4. But what about Ratchet and Clank Collection for Vita? EU gamers have it, yet no word for North America (NA) release. Any big announcements for Vita that are not JRPGs? Still waiting for NBA, NHL, a new Madden and WWE (not PS4 remote play but actual stand alone Vita releases). Still waiting for an open world game like GTA. I would even love San Andreas HD with trophies for the Vita. I don’t want my Vita to be a companion piece (remote play) for my PS4. Don’t give up on NA Vita owners.

+ romierome65 on July 13th, 2014 at 7:13 pm said:

I love how ppl think because they don’t play fps games they are old school. Fps games where around way before ps and xbox. A real gamer will play anything that’s is fun and entertaining. Can’t wait for Destiny.

+ neuropunk on July 13th, 2014 at 7:42 pm said:

Yeah, just a few FPS like Wolfenstein, Doom and Counterstrike.

Anyhow, has more to do with there only being a few FPS in previous gens, and now most of the video game industry is dudebro mindless shooters for the lowest common denominator. Has to do with the extreme over saturation of shooters these days.

Everyone knows of Wolfenstein, Quake, Doom, Counterstrike, Goldeneye 64, Half-Life and Perfect Dark, so don’t be stupid.

Also, has everything to do with classic FPS and modern FPS style. How come you could explore in FPS from previous gens, but nowadays almost all of them are so damned linear so you can’t even explore (I know Destiny isn’t linear).

So, you think I don’t know about classic FPS, eh? Don’t be so damn ignorant.

+ Art_of_Ronin on July 13th, 2014 at 8:36 pm said:

“Destiny Alpha is helluva drug…”. Can’t wait for Beta drop comes July 17th, 2014 for another fix before one month long wait when the official game release!

+ PrimeroIncognito on July 13th, 2014 at 8:46 pm said:

The reason I don’t play shooters anymore is because:

1. They always got boring real quick (and they’re even more shallow nowadays).

2. The level of violence continued to increase to unnecessary and disturbing levels. Military shooters are the worst with their glorification/celebration of war. It truly is an absolute disgrace. Sci-Fi-type shooters aren’t as bad, I suppose.

3. The lingering tunnel vision effect started affecting my mind after a while.

4. I didn’t want to be associated with the morally deficient and small-minded types of people who seem to salivate over them.

But, there’s no doubt that they’re still incredibly popular, absolute money-making juggernauts, and thus, they’re here to stay. The best thing to do if you don’t like them is to simply ignore them, and support the types of games you do like.

4 new tables for Pinball Arcade this Tuesday. Yay!

+ romierome65 on July 13th, 2014 at 9:48 pm said:

I’m just tired of ppl saying they are more of a hardcore gamer because they don’t play FPS games. All I say instead of complaining about FPS. Help by buying the other games and help boost them up. Because the more you complain about something in the gaming community the more attention it will get.

+ divineLite on July 13th, 2014 at 10:03 pm said:

@neuropunk and other who want RPG
if you mean JRPG, Vita got A TON of JRPG, I myself cannot finish all of them because too many.
For western RPG,… well maybe you should just play PC?

Anyway PS4 will get some Western RPG (Diablo III, Shadow of Mordor(RPG?)) later, but JRPG has no place in PS4 at least (or say barren) for now.

+ shrabbie on July 13th, 2014 at 10:25 pm said:

it sucks i can not get the beta since i didnt preorder thats a bad marketing streatagy give beta to every one coz its only for a week and then later for sure they will all buy
lame sony

+ romierome65 on July 13th, 2014 at 10:49 pm said:

@shrabbie if Bungie is still doing it they have been giving out some Beta codes on twitter

+ Remmy8199 on July 13th, 2014 at 10:57 pm said:

*Sigh* Why is the summer time always barren when it comes to new games? I’m running out of stuff to play for my PS3 and the PS4 is nothing but an overpriced paperweight atm. I don’t play MMO’s or any online game either, so Destiny is out of the question. Guess I’ll have to dig into my backlog again.

+ Gamerzlimited on July 14th, 2014 at 3:18 am said:

Nothing that’s new that interests me, but I shouldn’t be expecting much from it as this time.

@SeanStrange And if I remember carefully, you did the same thing with anime games such as Hyperdimension Neptunia a month ago. But since you were being honest with your opinion, fine. I didn’t read that comment until a week later when you posted it and I apologize for putting you in the same category as the people I don’t like. After all, how was I suppose to know you weren’t trolling? I had no idea you were just being expressive about it. It’s late for me to say that but better late than never.

+ illtornworld on July 14th, 2014 at 3:39 am said:

Pft this week sucks! Wheres the Vita content? One Piece cant be all! c’mon Sony and PlayStation support the Vita better than this, you have millions of gamers! id really love some more RPGs! i cant get enough!

+ PSI-Renegade on July 14th, 2014 at 5:41 am said:

So where is an preorder for Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition for PS3 and PS4? Not long till the release date either, so no preorder is disappointing to see, so far.

+ YungShep on July 14th, 2014 at 6:02 am said:

@5 you don’t listen at all…standard or upgraded versions get access..

+ DeceitfulWings on July 14th, 2014 at 6:11 am said:

Never heard of Abyss Odyssey until now. Just checked out a few trailers from the steam page and the game looks fun. I’m thinking about picking this up tomorrow.

+ SeanStrange on July 14th, 2014 at 6:34 am said:

@63 I said I disliked Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection and the other games in the series, yes. But I never said I hated a whole genre and classified it all as rubbish. I never bashed the people that play those type of games. I have complete respect for any gamer to play any game they want. Thanks for not putting me in with the people you dislike though. I appreciate it.

@55 The video game market isn’t over-saturated with First-Person Shooters, They’re just coming out more than games you like are coming out. But I know where you’re coming from. Very few games really grip me and keep me playing, one of the few was the recent game “Transistor”. But want to know what else keeps me playing? Despite my picky taste on First-Person Shooters, I really enjoy sitting down and playing some Call of Duty. Some people say I ruin the industry by always buying every new instalment of Call of Duty, but what I’m really doing is helping some passionate developers out by purchasing one of their games that they enjoyed making. So stop putting people who play First-Person Shooters below you. Because remember, we’re all gamers in the end. Be it only playing Call of Duty, or playing every type of game, we’re all one big family.

+ RE4LNOiZE_42 on July 14th, 2014 at 7:00 am said:

Ok… where’s Ratchet and clank colletion for the Vita? It’s already out everywhere, except in North America. Seriously SCEA… You divide markets between different zones so that it’s easier to manage (sales and all, and some regional content might be different) which is fine…

But it becomes a REAL JOKE when a game (one of your flagship franchises too) created by an AMERICAN developper, ported to your portable platform by an AMERICAN company, gets released all over the world, EXCEPT in North America…

Most PS Vita fans KNOW the game is out there, as it’s been announced all over the European PS Blog prior to and at release. It’s insulting to act like the game don’t exist at all, no news, no annoucement, not even a “we’ll soon get back to you about it”.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not implying anyone posting on this blog have an answer, or can answer, and I’m not directing all of this at them. I’m not shooting the messenger. I just need to tell how much I’m dumbfounded by the lack of communication and professionalism of SCEA…

Time to turn to the import market, I guess…

+ anth_969 on July 14th, 2014 at 7:07 am said:

@4. As long as u pre-ordered any edition ur guranteed a code. They are also giving away codes. But to gurantee a spot, just pre-order

+ donebaddude on July 14th, 2014 at 8:01 am said:

Another week and no sales info posted on Monday. Talk about give-up on the site. Come on Kristine and Ryan, you’re the only ones we can count on.

+ MrPonuraski on July 14th, 2014 at 8:49 am said:

Sony, please! We’ve been waiting for Suikoden 2 on PSN since 2008 when Suikoden 1 was released as a PS1 Classic. Don’t make us wait any longer.

#Suikoden2onPSStore

+ Crosaith on July 14th, 2014 at 9:48 am said:

Hello, could you guys give us some more info on Helldivers release date? It’s supposed to be released this Summer, is everything going according to plan?

Thanks for giving some info about Freedom Wars in a earlier post. Can’t wait till there’s more news!

+ MakoSoul on July 14th, 2014 at 10:27 am said:

Man, we really need a good surprise indie release.

+ Welmosca on July 14th, 2014 at 11:40 am said:

I’m interested in Abyss Odyssey…will try out the demo…….btw will the destiny beta be an open beta?….I want to try out that lil game too….trailer was cool,it may end up in a decent game after all.

+ PrinceofXIII on July 14th, 2014 at 1:03 pm said:

Destiny Beta!!!

+ Dago182 on July 14th, 2014 at 2:29 pm said:

When will North America be able to preload the beta!!!

+ TriangleOffense on July 14th, 2014 at 6:43 pm said:

Another lackluster ps4 week, explain to me again why this system had to be rushed out last year?

+ chowdude0183 on July 14th, 2014 at 7:45 pm said:

can’t wait for tuesday for defiance to be free to play already have the game on disk but can’t play it as my system don’t play disks anymore but will download it digital

+ Bigmoose1985 on July 15th, 2014 at 10:22 am said:

I have to agree with Neuropunk, the main reason i bought a ps3 was for jrpgs but compared to the ps1 and ps2 the system sucks ass. Good thing From made the souls games or i would have trashed the system long ago.

+ MagnificentMale on July 15th, 2014 at 9:24 pm said:

I don’t care if I’m in the wrong forum right now but I am proud to own my very first Playstation system (bought last week on Amazon) and that it’s the Playstation Vita (with Borderlands 2 bundle). Handheld gaming has been my lifestyle for over 15 years since I got my very first GameBoy Color with Pok√©mon Yellow and I couldn’t be happier with how it has evolved into the PS Vita. Never stop releasing the gaming handheld. Even if Sony were to only release handheld games in the future on cell phones, then I would certainly buy the Sony Playstation phone were it ever to exist. I will never stop playing on the handheld. Keep it up. Don’t let the last Sony handheld be the Vita. Bring on the next-gen in 5 years or so. Rant over LOL

+ CICGamer on July 16th, 2014 at 11:51 am said:

Guys please add the PS 1 Classics Crash Bandicoot and Spyro to the North American PS Vita store available for download.

Also please keep releasing awesome games for the Vita. It was made to play awesome quality games not to be “specifically” a companion to the PS4, remote play is cool and all but I but it for console quality games!

+ lI_JuST-Style_lI on August 10th, 2014 at 4:21 am said: