PS4-Watch_Dogs

Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty Pre-order Bonuses Detailed

Stewart Gilray's Avatar + Posted by Stewart Gilray on Jul 14, 2014 // CEO, Just Add Water

Hey PlayStation.Blog readers! We’re excited today to reveal two special bonuses that’ll be available for “QuikBuyers” of Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty.

In the US and Canada regions, these will be part of a pre-order system which is already available – click here to pre-order the game now. New ‘n’ Tasty launches in the US and Canada on July 22nd. Here’s more info for those outside the US and Canada.

Oddworld New 'n' Tasty

Alf’s Escape – Abe ain’t the only one fleeing the farm!

Witness the humble beginnings of that fez-donning, tea-lovin’ Mudokon first seen in Abe’s Exoddus! Use Abe’s haphazard skills to sneak Alf outta the factory and to freedom! Watch out for that meat grinder!

“Alf’s Escape” is an all-new area of RuptureFarms containing brand new puzzles and fiendish hazards that’ll ensure a fresh challenge for even the most seasoned Oddworld fans, as well as specially recorded dialogue!

It’ll also feature its own PSN leaderboards, alongside all the other levels in the game, so you can compete with everyone else to see who can rescue Alf in record time!

Anyone that pre-orders New ‘n’ Tasty (in the US and Canada) will get Alf’s Escape for no extra cost when it’s released as DLC shortly after release.

Oddworld New 'n' Tasty

Scrub Abe – Dress to possess!

Now you can really go to work on those Sligs! Players that pre-order the game can get Abe kitted out in a traditional factory cleaner’s outfit (complete with striped loincloth and scalp cap) so they can really look the part on that grimy factory floor.

In the US and Canada, the QuikBuy Scrub Abe costume will be exclusive to pre-orders, and will be available on release day.

Also, pre-ordering Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty (in the US and Canada) means that it’ll be there waiting for you on release day. We’re currently chasing exact details but the plan is for the game will start downloading to your PlayStation 4 a day or two early, then unlock at precisely midnight on the 22nd, so you’ll be able to start Abe’s daring adventures straight away!

If you’re in the US or Canada and want to take advantage of the pre-order offers, head over and pre-order New ‘n’ Tasty!

We can’t wait for everyone to get their hands on the game when it releases in just two weeks’ time on PS4. And don’t forget New ‘n’ Tasty and the QuikBuy Bonuses are Cross-Buy and Cross-Save, so pre-ordering now (in the US and Canada) will let you play the PS3 and PS Vita versions as soon as they’re released, bonuses included!

We’re still trying to launch the PS3 and PS Vita versions as soon as possible after the PS4 version. Until then, we’ve ensured that Remote Play from PS4 to PS Vita works perfectly, and the game really shines on Vita’s screen.

We’ll have more to talk about shortly, but until then, check out our newly updated New ‘n’ Tasty game page with loads of new info. Thanks!

+ RE_Player on July 14th, 2014 at 12:33 pm said:

Already pre-ordered. Looking forward to the official release.

+ Mercenary09 on July 14th, 2014 at 12:40 pm said:

Hi Stewart, couple questions for you my friend

1. Just how much later are the PS3/Vita versions going to arrive? I hope it’s not month’s or a year later.
2. What happened to Oddworld Munch’s Oddessy for the Vita? Still coming? When?
3. Where is Gravity Crash Ultra for the Vita?

Thanks if you can replay I appreciate it. Still waiting to pre order it because I have these questions. Also for anyone interested in seeing this game check out psnation.com later this week as they will be livestreaming it on their twitch I believe!

Stewart Gilray's Avatar

+ Stewart Gilray on July 16th, 2014 at 7:36 am said:

Hi Merc,

Going to touch on a couple of these items..

1. I’m not going to talk about any dates here, but we’re working really hard to get them ready as soon as we can.

2. Yes still happening, we have a pretty much final version in the office right now.

3. re: Gravity Crash Ultra, ask me that in a weeks time ;-)

Sorry for the delay, we’re just a little busy right now as I’m sure you can imagine.

Stewart

+ iREVOLTER on July 14th, 2014 at 12:43 pm said:

How long till PS3 release? Is it Cross Buy ?

+ Mercenary09 on July 14th, 2014 at 1:13 pm said:

@3 Yes the game is cross buy it says so right in the post if you would read it.

+ Rezolution77 on July 14th, 2014 at 1:16 pm said:

Some of the best games ever to hit the psone, though I think you have to be a little older to really appeciate them.
Bought the collection pack Day 1(for Vita), being a Great Value for the price.

Not interested in PS4 at all, unless some things change though, but will continue PS3/Vita.
Will be looking for Cross-Buy, and probably a sale, since the originals still hold up.

Loved Stangers Wrath for Vita, but not too happy you guys seem to be going around CrossBuy.
You guys still make very good games though.

+ Rezolution77 on July 14th, 2014 at 1:19 pm said:

@4 I read the bonuses are CrossBuy, but where exactly do you see the rest?

+ Rezolution77 on July 14th, 2014 at 1:22 pm said:

NM. See it now.

+ Rezolution77 on July 14th, 2014 at 1:25 pm said:

Have to pardon some of us, with all the BS sales tactics over the years, we get tired of tryng to sort through it all.

+ Barnolde on July 14th, 2014 at 1:33 pm said:

I never pre-order digital games but made an exception for this. Truly a labor of love and well worth the money. I read the game needs to sell 250,000 for Abe’s Exxodus to be remade and 500,000 for a new Oddworld game. I really hope it does so.

I’ll definitely be playing on PS4 and the future crossbuy is always nice.

——from an interview about the game:——

-”That said, regardless of the difficulty setting, you’ve still got the improved checkpoint locations and the ability to QuikSave (and QuikLoad) at any time. Yes, that’s right – QuikSave from Abe’s Exoddus is very much present and correct here in New ‘n’ Tasty, and on PlayStation 4 it’s as simple as just tapping the touch pad.

Of course, purists can opt to leave QuikSave well alone, but we think it’s a great new feature to have in New ‘n’ Tasty – (you can literally save anywhere!) – and it means that if you’re interrupted or wish to continue playing on your PlayStation Vita you can carry on exactly where you left it: not just the current level, or the current checkpoint, but precisely where you QuikSaved.”

That’s a GREAT feature right there.

+ xClayMeow on July 14th, 2014 at 1:50 pm said:

I hope these pre-order bonuses will be available when the PS3 and Vita versions launch.

I only own a Vita and I’m not going to blindly put faith that the Vita version releases any time soon by pre-ordering the PS4 version now. Remote Play means nothing to me. Please consider that there are people that only own a Vita or only own a PS3.

+ xPREDICTIONx on July 14th, 2014 at 2:10 pm said:

Bring SOCOM 1-3 to the PSN.

+ Mercenary09 on July 14th, 2014 at 2:31 pm said:

@10 Again it says right in the post that the pre order bonuses will launch with the vita and PS3 versions. Do you people just comment here without even reading the post first?

+ xClayMeow on July 14th, 2014 at 3:06 pm said:

@12 (Mercenary09), Where does it say that??

It says, “pre-ordering now will let you play the PS3 and PS Vita versions as soon as they’re released, bonuses included!”

Maybe you’re the one that needs to read better. I’m talking about the bonuses being included if we *don’t* pre-order now.

+ BanzaiHeil on July 14th, 2014 at 3:06 pm said:

Welcome back Ab, my childhood missed you.

+ BanzaiHeil on July 14th, 2014 at 3:07 pm said:

*Abe, dang auto-correct.

+ SinnFein3113 on July 14th, 2014 at 3:17 pm said:

Im now wondering what these teams are thinking up of. ????????

+ jonjon0890 on July 14th, 2014 at 3:25 pm said:

Will Oddworld: New’N’Tasty have a separate trophy list for each platform (PS3/Vita & PS4) or will it have a shared trophy list?

+ HolySock92 on July 14th, 2014 at 3:36 pm said:

@2 The PS3 & Vita versions will most likely be coming out within Sony’s 30 days of exclusivity. They were aiming for same day release with PS4, and said they were still aiming when the release date was announced, so it shouldn’t be long after unless there are some serious hiccups in the development.

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on July 14th, 2014 at 3:37 pm said:

I suspect the pre-order period will end at the same time for all 3 platforms, so pre-ordering now may be the only option if you want the bonuses on PS3/Vita.

I’m not basing that on anything other than blind speculation I pulled out of my butt. I still believe that’s how it will go, but of course I’m not sure.

And since everyone seems to love getting all bent out of shape over perceived “unfairness” between regions, try this on for size:

“Anyone in the SCEE regions with a PlayStation Plus subscription will be able to grab Alf’s Escape when it launches shortly after release, for no extra charge, as long as the game is purchased within two weeks of the PS4 release date, July 23rd.”

“Anyone in the SCEE regions with a PlayStation Plus subscription that buys Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty within two weeks of the PS4 release date, July 23rd, will get Scrub Abe for no extra cost as soon as the game is purchased.”

Source: http://www.oddworld.com/2014/07/new-n-tastys-uk-european-quikbuy-details/

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on July 14th, 2014 at 3:38 pm said:

Source: oddworld.com/2014/07/new-n-tastys-uk-european-quikbuy-details/

+ Balmung3E7 on July 14th, 2014 at 3:39 pm said:

Already pre-ordered.. Excited to be playing on release day.. SO CONSIDERATE of you guys allowing us to download the game ahead of time. Phew. Thanks.

+ darknight_2012 on July 14th, 2014 at 5:39 pm said:

is there going to be a new flash sale this Tuesday or Friday?

new titles for .99 cents??

how about Metal Gear Solid ps one classic for .99 cents

or all of the crash bandicoot games…. plus spyro and tomb raider or resident evil games….

+ Mercenary09 on July 14th, 2014 at 5:49 pm said:

@13 Sorry about that. If you don’t pre order the game you will have to buy the pre order DLC seperate.

+ honkayjeezus on July 14th, 2014 at 7:11 pm said:

Pre-ordering digitally never makes sense.

+ Einhander138 on July 15th, 2014 at 12:13 am said:

Hey look, more pointless pre-order content being chopped out of the game to punish consumers.

Want me to buy the game?

Let me buy the COMPLETE game on a god damn DISC.

Christ, why is this so hard to get, Lorne?

+ Benzitor on July 15th, 2014 at 12:46 am said:

Why the PS4 comes first ?

I am getting tired of this… This game have been announced on Vita for ages, as Munch odyssey, and the PS4 gamers are getting one of the two before the Vita gamers ?

Sony, make an effort and release games simultaneously on all format…

+ madmanwithabox12 on July 15th, 2014 at 4:10 am said:

Huge Oddworld fan, really looking forward to New N Tasty. Seems like a real passion project, with lots of love and care put in. Cannot wait for this to come to Vita.

What’s the deal with the DLC for Europe?

Is Munch HD still coming to Vita? Any word on the status of that game?

+ xClayMeow on July 15th, 2014 at 7:49 am said:

@23 (Mercenary), np for the misunderstanding…I know a lot of people don’t read here. I’m not one of them though ;)

My issue is that I don’t just pre-order games blindly like some people. Some people pre-order right when a game is announced, but I won’t even consider pre-ordering until a release date is officially announced. Since I only care about the Vita version, there is no release date as far as I’m concerned, and thus I won’t even entertain the idea of pre-ordering.

+ Doctor_Hank_Pym on July 15th, 2014 at 8:05 am said:

Can.Not.Wait.

and as much as it pains me to FOR ONCE partly-agree with that miserable luddite troll known as Einhander138 above [and on every post on this blog]… …I do believe this Oddworld remake could benefit from a physical-release down the road if it does well in the digital sphere. I’m sure Abe is still very fondly remembered in MANY PlayStation users’ hearts & minds.

Thanks, Lorne!

+ Obin_Q on July 15th, 2014 at 8:52 am said:

awesome remake waiting so long finally…masterpiece by JAW and lorne

+ hdcase on July 15th, 2014 at 8:54 am said:

Anyone else getting ‘Page not found’ when clicking the preorder link?

+ DanteAMT on July 15th, 2014 at 9:21 am said:

Pre-ordered the game. Can’t wait to play it. I have so many great memories from my childhood from Abe`s on PS1

+ styroteqe on July 15th, 2014 at 9:27 am said:

Can you guys quantify “shortly”?

+ Welmosca on July 15th, 2014 at 10:55 am said:

Old Oddworld playa here and man am I glad to see that these pre-order bonuses will be released after as DLCs….cuz I won’t be able to pre-order New n’ Tasty….anyway the pre-order would not do any good for me since the PS3 version is delayed.

BTW I hope you guys price that DLC very cheap…..since those are stuff that could be inside the game already.

+ Valyrious on July 15th, 2014 at 10:55 am said:

This game looks so great.
I can’t believe we just got Munch’s Oddysee for $1.

+ SaltySupreme on July 15th, 2014 at 11:46 am said:

HELLO! Playstation are u there? It’s Tuesday! Post Something, it’s a new day.

+ Welmosca on July 15th, 2014 at 12:03 pm said:

BTW please make the trophy list shared.

+ plaztiksyke on July 15th, 2014 at 12:55 pm said:

already pre-ordered. you guys did such a fantastic job on Stranger’s Wrath (both PS3 and Vita versions!) and Munch’s Oddyssee, I have no problems voting with my dollars and showing support.

some questions:
will Munch’s Oddyssee come to Vita and/or PS4?
will Stranger’s Wrath come to PS4?
will New n’ Tasty support stereoscopic 3D in 1080p on PS4? was an *awesome* feature of the PS3 version of Stranger’s Wrath!

you guys did a great job with sound quality on the PS3 games, I hope this PS4 game has 24-bit/losslessly compressed assets.

Stewart Gilray's Avatar

+ Stewart Gilray on July 16th, 2014 at 7:43 am said:

Thanks for the kind words, as for your questions …

1. Still coming to VITA :-)

2. Not something we’ve thought about I have to say, but who knows.

3. Not right now, as we’re powered by Unity, and Unity currently doesn’t have support on PS4 for Stereoscopic 3D.

The audio in NnT is Vorbis codec :)

Stewart

+ SpooNManX on July 16th, 2014 at 3:03 pm said:

I cant wait for this game!
It looks incredible. This IS one of the defining games of the Sony PlayStation and I’m glad to see more people will be able to experience it again, possibly for the first time. They will most definitely be blown away by the experience.

I will most definitely be wearing my Abe shorts while playing it too. ;)

+ RulitoCR on July 18th, 2014 at 6:03 am said:

I have been waiting this game so loooooong!!! Even before it was announced!! And I just finally pre-ordered!!!

Please release the game for PS3 ASAP!!! I really want to play this game!!

Also please fix the pre-order link in the post, as a PS3 only user, the link that you provide doesn’t work:

Instead of that one, I was able to find the game (and pre-order it) trough this link:

+ larshar6 on July 19th, 2014 at 2:30 am said:

going to preorder it this weekend-loved the abes oddessey games from yrs ago–cant wait to see what this game is like and hopefully expect to see more of him very soon

+ larshar6 on July 19th, 2014 at 2:35 am said:

just wondering if sony plans on redoing the old soul reaver games would love to see them redone and play them in 1080p

I just know there are games that even though can download them on playstation from ps1 ps2 days but the controls aren’t there and really needs to be updated so those who never played them years ago will today with updated graphics

+ xeno3d on July 22nd, 2014 at 7:38 am said:

I missed the preorder window but I just bought the game. Will I still get the extras?

+ CommanderClif on July 23rd, 2014 at 7:25 am said:

Seems to be an issue with the Alf’s Escape pre-order bonus. Its not downloading. Any thoughts on why and when it will be up/fixed?

+ WiivolutionNow on July 25th, 2014 at 2:49 pm said:

Exactly WHY does Much wear a FEZ, which of course a hat that the Shriners wear, which is in fact related to the Mason’s. The Shriners logo is very Muslim, so why does he wear a FEZ, what’s the story behind it?