Minecraft PS4

2-for-1 Sale: 11 Two-Game Bundles on Sale This Week

Chieh Chen's Avatar + Posted by Chieh Chen on Jul 15, 2014 // Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

Hi everyone! Get ready to bundle with our 2-for-1 Sale, starting today after PlayStation Store publishes. We’re taking a bunch of hit games, creating 11 two-game bundles and making them available at hard-to-pass-up prices.

Get Max Payne 3: The Complete Edition and Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD, and more amazing bundles at irresistible prices. Here’s the full lineup:

PlayStation Store 2 for 1 Sale

Bundle Original Price Sale Price
Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons (PS3)
How to Survive (PS3)
$14.99
$14.99
$14.99
Bionic Commando Rearmed (PS3)
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 (PS3)
$9.99
$9.99
$9.99
Narco Terror (PS3)
Sacred Citadel (PS3)
$9.99
$9.99
$9.99
NBA JAM: On Fire Edition (PS3)
NFL Blitz (PS3)
$14.99
$14.99
$14.99
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PS Vita|PSP)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (PS Vita|PSP)
$19.99
$19.99
$19.99
Max Payne 3: The Complete Edition (PS3)
Red Dead Redemption (PS3)
$29.99
$29.99
$29.99
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon / Call of Juarez Gunslinger Game Pack** (PS3) $24.99 $14.99
Babel Rising (PS3)
Outland (PS3)
$9.99
$9.99
$9.99
From Dust (PS3)
I Am Alive (PS3)
$14.99
$14.99
$14.99
Corpse Party (PS Vita|PSP)
Corpse Party: Book of Shadows (PS Vita|PSP)
$19.99
$19.99
$19.99
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD (PS3)
$19.99
$19.99
$19.99

**Existing bundle

That’s a lot of bundles, right? The 2-for-1 Sale runs through Monday, July 21st. Let us know which bundles you’re picking up in the comments!

+ JokerZombie- on July 15th, 2014 at 11:56 am said:

IF, and that is a big if, we could pick both games and not have to select between these bundles, this could be a good sale.
Right now I think I will pass.

+ ModeSelektor on July 15th, 2014 at 12:03 pm said:

The Price is terrible
And.. no love for the PS4 again

+ duke301 on July 15th, 2014 at 12:03 pm said:

All I can say is – Nice try. The trouble is that I already have at least one of the games in each one of those bundles. The other problem here is that many of those games have already been on sale, or have been free in Plus! at some point, so I’m guessing that many others have the same problems as I do. Maybe you should try something like ‘Choose your own two-game bundle’ or ‘buy one game, get a second free.’ That way, everyone can pick and choose their own.

+ purse317 on July 15th, 2014 at 12:04 pm said:

Awesome Idea but you need more bundles different kinds of bundles. Some of these were plus titles ie Max Payne 3, Outland, Brothers, etc so buying the bundle is pointless.

How about letting the devs package up their own bundles. Like say

10 best psn indies for $25
Madden 2015 and 2k15 bundle $110
PS4 launch bundle $120 with every ps4 launch title or most of them
PS3 greatest hits bundle

or even better let us pick from a huge variety of titles making our own bundle where the deal gets better as we add titles.
3 titles $60
5 titles $85
10 titles $150

Change up the sales structure we’d love to see that

+ purse317 on July 15th, 2014 at 12:05 pm said:

@53

same here it sucks owning 50% of the bundle they should let us create the bundle

+ bajor27 on July 15th, 2014 at 12:06 pm said:

I’m sorry but I seriously don’t understand most of the comments on this article. Every sale can’t (and doesn’t have to) be better than the last sale! Might as well get mad at anyone for having any sales ever.

“Hey. eff you Sony! A bunch of games were $0.99 on the weekend and now they are more than $0.99. You’re a bunch crooks”

Seriously. Besides maybe the GTA Stories stuff, everything looks like a decent price to me. If some of you snagged something at better prices previously, awesome! That’s wonderful!

If someone missed a previous sale and thinks these sale prices are good, awesome! That’s wonderful!

If someone missed a previous sale and wants to wait for better sales in the future, fine. No problem.

If someone wants to simply complain because they have seen better prices previously, who cares. Move along!

+ zzamaro on July 15th, 2014 at 12:07 pm said:

Because of the home picture, I was going to add credits. However, when I read the article, I’m writing this all disappointed.

+ SeanStrange on July 15th, 2014 at 12:08 pm said:

I saw Metal Gear Solid: GZ and thought to myself “I can get it for PS4!” Then I saw that it was for PS3. What a slap in the face. lol

BUT I will bite and get that Blood Dragon/Call of Juarez bundle. THAT’S a sweet deal right there!

+ Valyrious on July 15th, 2014 at 12:08 pm said:

Cool idea, prices… not so much.

Max Payne 3 and Red Dead were $5 both before. But now they’re $30 together? Nice logic. Lmao.

+ MaximumCarnage87 on July 15th, 2014 at 12:10 pm said:

I seriously wish they threw up Far Cry 3 with a sweet deal, I would like to play it before the forth one comes out but hesitant to jump on the buy wagon because i feel ps will throw a deal soon! :p

+ sleeKSP3 on July 15th, 2014 at 12:10 pm said:

It would hurt you to put Uncharted 1 and 2 on sale, would it? On PlayStation store, both of these games are $29.99 each, but budle pack(1 and 2) is also $29.99! Does that make sense? Separately, each one should be lower, like $19.99 or something!

+ Scaramanga1983 on July 15th, 2014 at 12:12 pm said:

I would get the Brothers and GTA bundle if it was cheaper, below $ 9.99. each.

+ tylerh1701 on July 15th, 2014 at 12:13 pm said:

Woof, no thank you. Even though there are a couple games I’d get for 50% off (Sacred Citadel, How to Survive), they’re bundled with games I either don’t have any interest in or already own.

Nothing for me from this sale.

+ elscarface on July 15th, 2014 at 12:17 pm said:

What!? No Playstation 4 Sales OMG. Well at least ill be playing Destiny Beta (PS4) this Thursday :D

+ poodude on July 15th, 2014 at 12:18 pm said:

I’ve been interested in the Corpse Party games for some time. Might grab that bundle.

+ IVANBARROK on July 15th, 2014 at 12:18 pm said:

Worst sale ever! Congratulations!

+ jamonxin on July 15th, 2014 at 12:20 pm said:

Nothing for me. but thank you very much.. at least you are trying… keep going!

+ tbx59 on July 15th, 2014 at 12:22 pm said:

After seeing this sale I’m glad i picked up stuff during the flash sale.

+ sirbflo114 on July 15th, 2014 at 12:24 pm said:

I think Sony actually raised the prices. This isn’t a sale at all. How could Sony sell Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption for $30 and call it a sale? Sony was selling those games for $5 each a while ago. Sure Max Payne 3 wasn’t complete edition but still. I haven’t purchased a digital game since the EA sale with Need for Speed games and Fifa Street…. I think it was like 5 months ago. And the instant games have been slacking. Cmon! PS+ was so great but this new format for the past couple months has been horrible. I knew this was going to happen ever since Sony PS4 came out and made PS+ mandatory for internet play.

+ JosephDUDEhola1 on July 15th, 2014 at 12:24 pm said:

That Max Payne 3 + Red Dead Redemption bundle ain’t worth $30 bucks…

I remember seeing both of them on a flash sale for $5 each. (Bought max Payne 3 on that sale)

+ tangoshoe on July 15th, 2014 at 12:27 pm said:

They’re hoping for that price tag effect, where people see “SALE” and will buy it just because it says “SALE”.

+ maxcoronel2014 on July 15th, 2014 at 12:28 pm said:

Im getting a little tired of PS4 users being ignored on this sales…

+ CheesyMonkey on July 15th, 2014 at 12:29 pm said:

So irritated I had to log in and make a comment. These sales are not good at all. I can tell from the comments someone had better rethink these bundles AND prices, not many happy customers.

Wakey wakey.

Some of us take summer vacation and would love a (decent) game on the go for a good price. Hmm?

+ MakoSoul on July 15th, 2014 at 12:29 pm said:

You know what would have gotten me?

Injustice (PS4) / Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3)

or

Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3) / Batman: Blackgate (Vita)

+ jahonius80 on July 15th, 2014 at 12:31 pm said:

Some bundles, like the Red Dead + Max Payne / Metal Gear Solid are pretty neat.

Since summer is upon us, I would love to see Horror themed sales and bundles, like say, Dead Space, Resident Evil, and so forth.

+ theXsilentXchild on July 15th, 2014 at 12:35 pm said:

Bad sale is bad

+ WanyaRolf on July 15th, 2014 at 12:38 pm said:

Wow, pretty disappointed at this sales (is this even a sale?); Something is going on. I used to spend around $10-$20 a week, and it has been a while since I feel like something good is going on.
In this bundle case, I already own and played most of that games. The bundles were poorly chosen. Brothers was part of IGC not long ago. How is this a bundle?
Like most users said, throw a choose-your-own-bundle among these titles. At 50% discount, I’m sure you would find some buyers. But rehashing games like MP 3, for the complete edition, at full price, doesn’t seem to be a good deal.
And at the mean time, steam continues to call me, over and over.

+ jokersoccer13 on July 15th, 2014 at 12:40 pm said:

This sales are horrible, also I ain’t giving hideo kojima my money that traitor.

+ koakowski on July 15th, 2014 at 12:41 pm said:

Jesus Sony, give us PS4 deals.

+ wolverinevsx23 on July 15th, 2014 at 12:45 pm said:

They should have done another $4.99 flash sale and gave us options, not bundled crap. Most of these games aren’t even worth that!!! By the way, I just picked up a used PS4 Metal Gear Ground Zero at Gamestop for $7 something with PowerUp Card and Birthday coupon.

+ sbaradan06 on July 15th, 2014 at 12:48 pm said:

Not hing for me here. Since, I played most of the PS3 titles, some PS4 discounts would be neat. But no “greatness awaits” or should I say “mediocrity continues” for PSN since the PS4 release. At least give us Ground Zeroes PS4 version with another PS4 title like Transistor.

+ Heeaartless on July 15th, 2014 at 12:49 pm said:

Can we get a “Big in Japan sale” like EU?!!!!!!

+ MrPonuraski on July 15th, 2014 at 12:53 pm said:

#Suikoden2onPSStore or you’ll make kittens cry.

+ johnny_toastburn on July 15th, 2014 at 12:55 pm said:

Not angry, not fussing or complaining. This is just feedback. Those prices are about double what it would take for me to have any interest in any of the titles.

+ SanelessOne on July 15th, 2014 at 1:04 pm said:

Love this sale, it gives me an extra week to build up some Bing rewards.

+ SanelessOne on July 15th, 2014 at 1:05 pm said:

“also I ain’t giving hideo kojima my money that traitor.”

What the heck did he do to you? I’m not giving him my money because I already have Peace Walker, I don’t need to pay full price for MGSGZ

+ Ecks on July 15th, 2014 at 1:08 pm said:

I have everything in this sale I’m interested it. I’d like to see years old titles reduce in price permanently though. It happens at retail, why doesn’t it happen very often digital? Why have a sale on a 2 year old game then push it back to full price instead of just permanently dropping the price? You won’t be paying full price for any game at retail older than 2 years old.

+ trockr on July 15th, 2014 at 1:09 pm said:

As a PS4 owner, not much for me this week. Here’s my wish list for you guys:

– Good PS4 game sales (Child of Light, Transistor, Valiant Hearts, Trials Season Pass, etc.). I’m only a little interested in these titles, and if they go on sale before this fall when all the AAA games start coming out, I’ll bite.
– Some kind of incentive for going digital ($50 instead of $60 if you preorder, or $10 store credit for buying a digital AAA game, prices that are competitive with Amazon/Target/etc.). I feel like you don’t want us to go digital when it’s almost always more expensive than getting a disc. Why is that?

+ SoldierHellsArmy on July 15th, 2014 at 1:10 pm said:

The only stuff they put on sale is the crap that don’t sell

+ TimeSkipLuffyUS on July 15th, 2014 at 1:11 pm said:

Not all sales can be amazing I guess :D but maybe someone will enjoy this sale nevertheless.

+ JKar275 on July 15th, 2014 at 1:12 pm said:

I’m not interested in any of the games that are part of this sale.

When is the PS Store going to get a “Spend $60, Get $10 Back” promotion?

I know that you can make this happen, Sony.

+ Trendy_Kid on July 15th, 2014 at 1:12 pm said:

Sad, no (real) Vita games for sale. :'(

+ TimeSkipLuffyUS on July 15th, 2014 at 1:14 pm said:

PS3 1 Party priority-> end
PS Vita 1 Party priority-> ended long time ago
PS4 1 Party priority-> maybe 2015 / maybe 2016

First priority: PS Now

:D

+ Tsujido on July 15th, 2014 at 1:19 pm said:

This is really bad. I don’t understand why the prices are so high. Additionally, some of these titles were roughly $5 for plus subscribers not too long ago. Anyway, please let the team that organizes these sales know that some of us would appreciate a bit more competitive pricing in future sales.

+ Not_Too_Sweet on July 15th, 2014 at 1:20 pm said:

@koakowski It’s not always that easy to just simply pick and choose which games to be on sale, no matter how much your little mind believe such an event is always possible.

+ djsaiyan on July 15th, 2014 at 1:20 pm said:

So many whiners. So very….very….many…..whiners.

Do you speak to your parents like that? Cripes, the nerve of some people.

+ SoldierHellsArmy on July 15th, 2014 at 1:25 pm said:

If anyone looking to buy shin Megami Tensei game a bunch are on sale this week for 3.99 I see

+ pillsbury1 on July 15th, 2014 at 1:27 pm said:

I was hoping mgs 2 for 1 was going to be cheaper -_- I would love to see MGS5 ground zeroes as a flash sale or a ps plus IGC before phantom pain comes out.

+ ericquaresma on July 15th, 2014 at 1:33 pm said:

NO PS4?!?!?!?!

+ Mayoubaz2 on July 15th, 2014 at 1:33 pm said:

No deals for PS4 this week again why ? ? ? ? ?
Really not good