Minecraft PS4

The Walking Dead: Season Two, Episode 4 Coming July 22nd

Laura Perusco's Avatar + Posted by Laura Perusco on Jul 17, 2014 // Community Lead, Telltale Games

Today we’d like to share the release date for Amid the Ruins, the next installment in The Walking Dead: Season Two. Just a word of warning to those who haven’t yet caught up on the season so far: there be SPOILERS here!

This episode picks up right where Episode 3 left off. After escaping Carver’s camp, the group now faces immediate danger in the dead center of a walker horde. Walkers aren’t the only threat to Clem’s safety, though. The group is beginning to fracture under the pressures of survival in an unforgiving world, and as they search for new shelter, it becomes apparent that the living may be just as dangerous as the dead…

Episode 4: Amid the Ruins will be available for download on both PS3 and PS Vita on Tuesday, July 22nd. In the meantime, let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

+ CaruthK on July 17th, 2014 at 7:08 am said:

Yes, I can’t wait to see what happens next. #SaveClem

+ Wayndawind on July 17th, 2014 at 7:19 am said:

The wait is over! I played the first season, Episode by Episode and it was MURDER because i couldn’t wait to see what was going to happen next. But second season i waited due to other games and the MADNESS it would bring waiting on the following Episode. Im sure not done, but this will hold me until then.(putting weapon away). Cant wait!! love the series!!

Laura Perusco's Avatar

+ Laura Perusco on July 17th, 2014 at 12:13 pm said:

Waiting for the next episode is usually excruciating for me too! I usually cave in and ask the writers what’s going to happen. :-$

+ madmanwithabox12 on July 17th, 2014 at 7:40 am said:

So… how about that Wolf Among Us on Vita? ;)

Laura Perusco's Avatar

+ Laura Perusco on July 17th, 2014 at 12:14 pm said:

It’s in the works! It will probably hit for digital download first, with a physical version to follow.

+ KANE-FIRE on July 17th, 2014 at 7:49 am said:

This is awesome!

+ BlueBl1zzard on July 17th, 2014 at 7:54 am said:

It seems like with every episode, the decisions we’re forced to make get harder and harder. With how difficult (and stressful) last episode’s choices were, I don’t know if I’m even ready to play this one yet….

Laura Perusco's Avatar

+ Laura Perusco on July 17th, 2014 at 12:21 pm said:

I totally get it. That aspect of The Walking Dead series is kinda interesting… it’s not often that I’m so excited to play something that’s likely to make me feel so awful!

+ ZeeGeeEmm on July 17th, 2014 at 8:01 am said:

Thank you so much for not delaying it for the Vita again! My sister and I are ecstatic about that.

Laura Perusco's Avatar

+ Laura Perusco on July 17th, 2014 at 11:57 am said:

We try for you guys! So glad we could make it happen. :)

+ MattDanam on July 17th, 2014 at 8:10 am said:

RATCHET AND CLANK. TRILOGY COLLECTION. VITA. NORTH AMERICA. WE’RE WAITING.

+ Longhinus on July 17th, 2014 at 8:41 am said:

I’ll download this episode but I’ll wait for the final episode to play all together, this game is so good and the wait is too much, by the way Laura any word about the trophy list not having platinum?

+ Oisterboy on July 17th, 2014 at 8:58 am said:

Physical copy for this and the wolf among us would be great. I hate buying digital and then hearing a physical copy is on it’s way.

Laura Perusco's Avatar

+ Laura Perusco on July 17th, 2014 at 12:04 pm said:

We’ll be doing physical releases of The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead: Season Two for PlayStation 3 AND PlayStation 4! They’ll be available sometime later this year.

+ CDubyahS on July 17th, 2014 at 9:52 am said:

Will vita get a chip?

+ Benzitor on July 17th, 2014 at 10:44 am said:

Cool, i might finally take the season’s pass, as the first episode was great.

Laura Perusco's Avatar

+ Laura Perusco on July 17th, 2014 at 12:07 pm said:

Awesome – you’ll be able to catch up before the season finale comes out!

+ Subzero316 on July 17th, 2014 at 10:51 am said:

I’m counting down the days!

+ Vextalon on July 17th, 2014 at 11:11 am said:

Nice that this is coming out soon, I can play this and hopefully finish up a few the last few episodes of Wolf Among Us. Really waiting on those vita versions Any news on that Game of Thrones project Telltale Games?

Laura Perusco's Avatar

+ Laura Perusco on July 17th, 2014 at 12:24 pm said:

The Game of Thrones project is all super-secret whisperings behind closed doors right now… but expect to be hearing more about it before the end of the year. :)

+ elnicoba2b on July 17th, 2014 at 11:58 am said:

As the other comments said, why no platinums on season 2? What is the difference between season 2 and season 1 that made this being out of platinum? Even wolf among us has one! I’ve already bought the season pass, because i love the story, but i really wanna know the reason

+ MakoSoul on July 17th, 2014 at 1:15 pm said:

Hype! Hopefully, this episode will give us the option to let Sarah become zombie dinner. My Clem is tired listening to her whine.

+ MakoSoul on July 17th, 2014 at 1:16 pm said:

tired of*

Still not edit option :(

+ MakoSoul on July 17th, 2014 at 1:16 pm said:

Aahahah still no*

+ Hayterfan on July 17th, 2014 at 1:32 pm said:

This is probably a bit early to ask but what improvement’s will TWD S1, S2 and The Wolf Among Us have on PS4?
Anyway cant wait to play this episode.

+ SpooNManX on July 18th, 2014 at 5:18 am said:

I wish the episodes were released a bit sooner together. It seems like Season one had a shorter release gap compared to S2.

They are so far apart that I find myself losing interest in the story.
It doesn’t seem as epic as the first when the gap is so long.

+ Borshay on July 18th, 2014 at 8:08 am said:

Any news on a retail release date for The Walking Dead Season Two on PS Vita?

Though I expect thats something they’ll delay announcing until the season is complete.

+ MarshMarlou on July 18th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

Oh man! This and wolf among us on the VITA! It’s like Christmas! :) A retail release for both would be awesome!

+ ParkingtigersX on July 19th, 2014 at 12:50 am said:

This next episode is make or break point for this series. I adored season one, which is one of the best games of all time and which I bought on two platforms. This second season started well, but descended into utter dross. I was legitimately angry with how mean-spirited, spiteful, and outright sadistic episode three was. You really need to be setting up something good, or I’m done with the series. I don’t need another 2.5 hours of unlikable scumbags swearing at each other.

I’m honestly only playing episode 4 because I bought the season pass, otherwise I would already be out. I hope you can win me back, but that last episode felt like it was written by a teenage sociopath. I like dark stories, but there was no heart left in it.

+ andre_elias on July 20th, 2014 at 1:49 am said:

I really want to play Season 2 on the Vita, but I’m afraid it might be prone to all the slow downs and jittery behavior from Season 1. Can anyone tell me if it runs better or the same as Season 1 on the Vita?

+ LiZhen-Fan on July 20th, 2014 at 4:08 am said:

to andre_elias

the walking dead season 2 runs considerably better than the 1st season on the vita. i have had little to no performance issues on season 2.

+ juarias70 on July 20th, 2014 at 8:40 pm said:

Finally, i can continue this great story, yeah!!!

+ ghost_dog17 on July 21st, 2014 at 11:07 pm said:

when will it come outt for ps vita

+ AizawaYuuichi on July 21st, 2014 at 11:57 pm said:

After the huge delays following episode one of both this and TWAU, I decided to just wait until all the episodes were out before playing anymore. So, hopefully you guys get episode 5 out soon, so I can see what I’ve been missing in Season Two.

+ nguyenkyle on July 22nd, 2014 at 9:15 am said:

Hey the episode releases today for ps3, but for some reason, on my ps3 it still says coming soon and I cannot find it in the ps3 store

+ I3rAVE__ on July 22nd, 2014 at 10:07 am said:

I’m having the same problem as nguyenkyle. It’s nowhere to be found on the Playstation Store, and in the Episodes menu for the game, it says: “Coming Soon”.

+ SamMusicAddict on July 22nd, 2014 at 10:31 am said:

Does anyone know when the episode will be on the Playstation Store? I can’t find it anywhere.

+ I3rAVE__ on July 22nd, 2014 at 12:33 pm said:

I got back on the Ps3 Store after a couple hours, and found it at 1:49 P.M.

Let the legacy live on!