Minecraft PS4

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 7/22/2014

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Jul 20, 2014 // Social Media Specialist

The Drop

Update: Ratchet & Clank Collection on PS Vita will launch on 7/29 as opposed to 7/22. We apologize for the inconvenience.

This week is one of triumphant returns for old heroes, as Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty bursts into the world of PlayStation.

Based on the PlayStation classic, Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty follows the dark adventures of Abe as he struggles to escape the meat grinders and trace the heritage of his people. New ‘n’ Tasty was rebuilt to feature enhanced visuals, improved audio, and even new sections of quirky puzzle platforming.

For a complete list of new games coming to PlayStation this week, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

Le Tour de France -- Season 2014
Might & Magic: Duel of Champions Forgotten Wars
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
The Walking Dead: Season Two -- Episode 4

New PlayStation Games This Week

Le Tour De France — Season 2014
PS4 — Digital (Already Available on PS3, Cross Buy)
Take control of cycling’s greatest champions and compete in the 21 official stages of a Tour de France 2014, full of new features! Sprint, control your endurance, and give orders to your teammates to achieve your objectives, in solo play or with a friend.
Might & Magic: Duel of Champions Forgotten Wars
PS3 — Digital
Enter the legendary universe of Might & Magic with Duel of Champions Forgotten Wars, the online strategy card game. Choose your hero and assemble an army to attack fierce opponents on the battleground. Play your creatures, spells, fortunes, buildings, and events wisely to unleash killer combos and gain the upper hand.
PS4 — Digital
Explore ancient ruins, dodge carnivorous beasts, and avoid trigger-happy hunting parties as Abe, the original Oddworld hero in this lovingly re-crafted take on the PlayStation classic Abe’s Oddysee.
The Walking Dead: Season Two — Episode 4
PS3, PS Vita — Digital
This episode picks up right where Episode 3 left off. After escaping Carver’s camp, the group now faces immediate danger in the dead center of a walker horde. Walkers aren’t the only threat to Clem’s safety, though. The group is beginning to fracture under the pressures of survival in an unforgiving world…

The information above is subject to change without notice.

124 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3
Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on July 20th, 2014 at 10:57 am said:

Oh snap, it’s Abe!

+ YorlecmNwahs on July 20th, 2014 at 11:02 am said:

Yay!!! Ratchet and Clank? On Vita? Oh Sony, you shoudn’t have!

+ CandyAzulaChan on July 20th, 2014 at 11:04 am said:

Ratchet and Clank is awesome and being the Vita just makes it better ! =)

+ nailgunmassacre on July 20th, 2014 at 11:04 am said:

So stoked to play Abe’s Odyssey again. I haven’t played it since it first came out for PS1.

+ hectbaf on July 20th, 2014 at 11:04 am said:

W

+ MattDanam on July 20th, 2014 at 11:04 am said:

Ratchet and Clank, thank god. Finally. Will it be cross-buy?

+ iriihutoR84 on July 20th, 2014 at 11:06 am said:

Will Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines on the Vita also be digital-only? Please say no. :(

+ guyminsberghe on July 20th, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

No Phantom Breaker BG on vita this week?

+ Ruben2Gunstealer on July 20th, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

10 days till rogue legacy

+ MattDanam on July 20th, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

Oh yeah, and any idea when the disc version for Ratchet and Clank will be released?

+ scarritt82 on July 20th, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

Hurray for Ratchet and Clank! That’s a great surprise. Will there be a physical release at all, our is it exclusively digital?

+ FAC3xLESS on July 20th, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

Definitely getting my portable Ratchet And Clank gaming goodness on the go come tuesday! I have also been enjoying all the ps plus games on all 3 platforms. Keep it up guys, you’re doing great!

+ RoaringMdog18 on July 20th, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

Will the Ratchet and Clank trilogy contain the glitch that makes R&C2 unplayable? The game crashes constantly on the EU version :/

+ mthodmn101 on July 20th, 2014 at 11:08 am said:

damn, no R+C physical copy? ill pass

+ CrashSpyro on July 20th, 2014 at 11:08 am said:

I guess I should play Episode 3 of The Walking Dead so the inevitable barrage of spoilers doesn’t ruin it for me.

+ Duck_mann86 on July 20th, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

So excited for Oddworld!

And Beyond!!!

+ Krillinfan on July 20th, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

So no R&C physical release?

Dang. Looks like I may have to pass. It’s too expensive to buy a bigger Vita memory card. :/

+ KazeEternal on July 20th, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

Cross Save Support for Ratchet and Clank Collection?

+ Kai_Shenlong on July 20th, 2014 at 11:14 am said:

Ouch. This week is going to hurt. R&C on the Vita and New ‘n’ Tasty? My wallet is about to get a lot thinner.

+ AssaultMonkey150 on July 20th, 2014 at 11:16 am said:

Please tell me that Ratchet and Clank for vita is cross buy! I bought The collection digitally for PS3 already :)

+ Sonicfan11589 on July 20th, 2014 at 11:16 am said:

OMG! Thank u, I was just about to read this expecting not to see Ratchet and Clank. Thanks you.

2 Questions:

-Retail version?

-For those of us that bought the PS3 version either digitally or physically, do we get it as a cross buy option or does it only apply to digital owners of the PS3 version. I have the PS3 version digitally.

THANK YOU!

If I have to pay for this collection, then I will happy to. :)

+ KingBonesaw on July 20th, 2014 at 11:18 am said:

Ratchet and Clank on Vita and Oddworld! Too many games! I still have to finish so many games on Vita and PS4!

+ ewen1972 on July 20th, 2014 at 11:19 am said:

Beyond Ryan, off track how about Sam bishop on the podcast

+ iREVOLTER on July 20th, 2014 at 11:25 am said:

Beyond!

+ Kai_Shenlong on July 20th, 2014 at 11:28 am said:

What happened to Don’t Starve: Reign of Giants? Wasn’t that supposed to release this week on the PS4?

+ OGoodGrief on July 20th, 2014 at 11:29 am said:

Did you guys fix the crash problems with Ratchet and Clank 2?
Will the collection be cross-buy like it was in Europe?

+ hawjboi2009 on July 20th, 2014 at 11:39 am said:

hey Ryan Clement, do you know how many gb does The last of us Remastered for ps4 has for install size ?

+ shadow_fire on July 20th, 2014 at 11:39 am said:

Ryan can you give us a general idea when Spelunky PS4 is coming? It was supposed to come soon April 30th,and there hasn’t been an update since :-(

+ JosephDUDEhola1 on July 20th, 2014 at 11:41 am said:

Is Ratchet and clank collection crossbuy?
I bought the collection for PS3 not to long ago, I’d like to play it on the vita too but not planning on spending another $30 on it :/

+ ApexViperRKO on July 20th, 2014 at 11:42 am said:

DARK SOULS 2 DLC! That is all. Also, Ryan, do you know if we are getting a season pass?

+ firestorm on July 20th, 2014 at 11:43 am said:

can’t we get the card games like the “might & magic” on the ps4 or even on the vita. I really do miss magic the gathering on the ps3 when I use to own it. almost regretting getting rid of my ps3

+ MitchSwordsman on July 20th, 2014 at 11:45 am said:

Ratchet and Clank 2 on Vita (only the retail version) keeps crashing.

+ Zevrou on July 20th, 2014 at 11:45 am said:

More like Oddworld: Childhood. No brainer purchase <3

+ drepsx3 on July 20th, 2014 at 11:53 am said:

Is there a reason why I can’t buy Ratchet & Clank Vita physically? Not a fan of digital

+ BahumatIsBack on July 20th, 2014 at 12:13 pm said:

Any idea when you guys are going to start matching retail prices for the same game digitally? There’s quite a number of digital games that are more expensive than their brand new retail couterparts. An example of this is the Lego Movie game for PS4. It’s currently 50 dollars or less on major retailers like Best Buy or Amazon, but is still 60 dollars digitally on the PSN store. I would prefer to buy digital games but no matter how you look at it 10 dollars is 10 dollars. That’s a good lunch one day

+ BahumatIsBack on July 20th, 2014 at 12:13 pm said:

^^counterparts

+ TeamGreen615 on July 20th, 2014 at 12:22 pm said:

It would have been nice if Sony could have told us in advance that the Ratchet and Clank Vita version was coming on this date. People have been asking for this in NA and I never saw a response. Now Poof!… here it is. No clarification if there will be a retail version either. I will never understand how Sony markets their products but I still love them.

+ Leviathan_502 on July 20th, 2014 at 12:30 pm said:

#Suikoden2
#Suikoden5
# dragon quest 8
#DotHack G.U.
#Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
#TalesOf-Series
#FinalFantasy12
#RogueGalaxy
#ShiningForce-series
#ShadowHearts-series
#Grandia-series
#Drakengard-series

Thank you for bringing every SMT title on the ps2 to us. There is so much more titles that every one enjoys that was a blast from the past. i will be posting this on every drop and every sale to get these games released!!!

+ Mando44646 on July 20th, 2014 at 12:33 pm said:

Yet more nothing for Vita and PS4!

+ EmeraldLeviathan on July 20th, 2014 at 12:40 pm said:

Another Vita ‘Digital Only’ release… sad. I would like to see more physical copies. The Vita can not hold that much data.

+ AizawaYuuichi on July 20th, 2014 at 12:43 pm said:

@ Kai_Shenlong: Reign of Giants does release this week for PS4. It’s DLC. DLC doesn’t get listed on The Drop.

+ Kai_Shenlong on July 20th, 2014 at 12:43 pm said:

@40

Yep, Ratchet and Clank isn’t coming out on Vita this week. And New ‘n’ Tasyty isn’t coming out on PS4. Nope. Nothing on either console. Not even DLC or sales. Please read before posting.

+ drepsx3 on July 20th, 2014 at 12:46 pm said:

Really curious about Ratchet & Clank being digital only..

+ djsaiyan on July 20th, 2014 at 12:51 pm said:

I hate to be a human echo here, but I’d also like to know if Ratchet and Clank is cross-buy. It appears to be over in Europe, s’only fair if we get the same deal here, right?

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on July 20th, 2014 at 12:53 pm said:

I agree with most of the questions here.

Will the Ratchet Collection have a physical release at some point? Would love to have it physically since, like most people, our memory cards are already filled up.

Hope to get a response in the future.

Thanks.

+ FruitJuice617 on July 20th, 2014 at 12:55 pm said:

Wait. So how much will Ratchet & Clank cost!? I must know!!

+ Rezolution77 on July 20th, 2014 at 1:28 pm said:

So are we ever going to see a card based game like Might and Magic on Vita?
Yugioh, maybe?

+ redknight4 on July 20th, 2014 at 1:36 pm said:

when is the scea launch of onigiri going to happen. I’ve played the japanese version of it and it is pretty good to where i have gotten to in it for a free to play game.

+ RulitoCR on July 20th, 2014 at 1:44 pm said:

And I’m just here waiting for the Abe’s release on PS3!!

+ cortiz2092000 on July 20th, 2014 at 1:53 pm said:

Wait rachet and clack digital only? Does it look like I have enough space on my 32gb memory card?
Looks like I’ll be importing the retail version from Europe , just like I did with dragon ball z battle of z Eur, and sword art online Asia

PAGE 1 2 3