Bloodborne

This Week in PlayStation: Ghosts of Mars

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Jul 20, 2014 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

Destiny’s a hell of a game.

After having played the Alpha last month, I figured I’d drop into this week’s Beta to see what’s new, maybe max out a character and be done with it.

I’ve sunk ten hours into it so far.

If you’re reading this on Sunday, hop in at 2PM or 7PM Pacific, when the Iron Banner will open for a limited time. This Crucible mode features two maps that aren’t normally available in the Beta: Rusted Lans on Earth, and Blind Watch on Mars.

A few highlights from the last week: We got a look at the goods you can snag by pre-ordering Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty, infographic puzzle platformer Metrico comes to PS Vita August 5th, we saw a new trailer for Sacred 3, Sid played The Last of Us Remastered, and we’ve got a bundle of 2-for-1 sales happening on PlayStation Store right now.

Well, back to Destiny for me. Who else is utterly, hopelessly addicted to the Beta?

• I’m playing: Destiny Beta, FF14
  • I’m watching: Persona 4 The Golden Animation
  • I’m listening to: RX Bandits: Gemini, Her Majesty(!!!)

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

This Month’s Free PS Plus Games

Doki Doki UniverseMuramasa RebirthVesselDead Space 3StriderTowerFall Ascension

Most-Watched Video of the Week

23 Comments

+ TYruler50 on July 20th, 2014 at 12:38 pm said:

What’s gonna be changed after the 2 day maintenance? So far its basically the same as the alpha.

+ CaruthK on July 20th, 2014 at 12:54 pm said:

I’l loving the beta all over again… There is some differences over the Alpha but not by much…
Can we please have some stuff move over to the full game at least.
Make it happen Bungie

+ jahonius80 on July 20th, 2014 at 1:21 pm said:

Playing:
PS3: Dead Space 3
PS4: Resogun
VITA: Final Fantasy X Remastered

Listening:
Pay Day 2 OST

Reading:
The Shining

* really hot over here where I live (Korea). I’m really looking forward to Freedom Wars on Vita, which releases in a couple of weeks here!

+ Kai_Shenlong on July 20th, 2014 at 1:31 pm said:

I’m playing: FFXIV, Final Fantasy X HD
I’m watching: An Idiot Abroad, House M.D.
I’m listening to: Weird Al – Mandatory Fun, Daft Punk – Homework

+ nextleveltaken on July 20th, 2014 at 1:36 pm said:

I’m playing: Legend of Dragoon, Pinball Arcade, Zen Pinball, PS Move games, OMG-Z, Need for Speed Rivals
I’m watching: WWE Battleground (tonight), Twilight Zone reruns
I’m listening to: Ting Tings, Weird Al, Beastie Boys

+ Rezolution77 on July 20th, 2014 at 1:55 pm said:

Wasn’t happy you called that a sale, even 17 year old games were nice compared to.

Playing – Harvest Moon, Hot Shots Golf, Destiny Beta (thanks langsln).
Listening to – Cry for you
Watching – 2nd season of Merlin on Netflix.

+ AaronBEAST92 on July 20th, 2014 at 3:31 pm said:

Playing :destiny beta,watch dogs,towerfall
Watching : lone survivor
Listening : wu tang clan

+ boomstickbhg on July 20th, 2014 at 3:33 pm said:

Playing: the waiting game to see if sony blog staff still do their jobs ever.
Watching: the PlayStation Blog to see if Blog staff start doing their jobs again.
Listening to: Xbox commercials.

+ Nerroth on July 20th, 2014 at 3:34 pm said:

Speaking of Mars, has anyone here been watching Aldnoah.Zero?

The show is three episodes in so far, and I’d recommend trying all three (and sticking around until after the end credits on episode 3) before passing judgement on it.

While the show is on Crunchyroll (and can be watched using the CR apps), Daisuki post the latest ep for a week at a time on their YouTube channel, which I might suggest trying out for anyone with the YT app on their PS Vita.

+ DragonIrons on July 20th, 2014 at 3:55 pm said:

@#1 far as I know after maint. for Destiny the only thing that’s happening is Xbox players get into it. And me on my PS3…. I’m outta town till then :( lol

+ Brooklyn008 on July 21st, 2014 at 5:29 am said:

Playing:
Destiny Beta
MLB The Show 14
Finishing Watch Dogs 100%

Watching:
Rectify on Netflix
UFC’s best on Netflix

Listening:
Shinedown, Stone Sour

Have a great week fellas.

+ windsmere on July 21st, 2014 at 6:44 am said:

Playing:
Witcher 2 and Broforce (Steam)
Destiny Beta and Fifa 14 (PS4)

Listening to:
HED (PE) Evolution

+ Syrlis on July 21st, 2014 at 7:35 am said:

I have been hopelessly addicted to the Beta all weekend as well. Lots of nice little improvements over the Alpha. Have you tried the Beta using Remote Play? It wasn’t available in the Alpha. Works great, I’d like more options for button mapping though…Have you tried climbing the tree at the Tower?

+ Orange-Taiko on July 21st, 2014 at 9:28 am said:

I’m playing: Dark Souls 2, Destiny Beta (once it’s done downloading)
I’m watching: random 80s comedies on Netflix…Planes, Trains, & Automobiles; The Man Who Knew Too Little; Ghostbusters 2
I’m listening to: Ratatat, Tune-Yards, Joy Division, Talking Heads, lectures on Roman history

+ ArmedOne78 on July 21st, 2014 at 9:45 am said:

Playing:
Destiny Beta

Watching:
Nothing! No time for tv… must…have….more….DESTINY!!!!!!!

Listening to:
My wife complain that I’m playing too much Destiny

+ Rammel29 on July 21st, 2014 at 11:10 am said:

I’m Playing: Destiny Beta (PS3), Ni No Kuni
I’m Watching: Knights of Sidonia
I’m Listening to: Little People, Emancipator. Miles Davis

+ Heeaartless on July 21st, 2014 at 11:27 am said:

I’m playing: Atelier Totori (PS3)
I’m watching: Nothing
I’m listening to: Wahrheit, Yousei Teikoku

+ Otaku359 on July 21st, 2014 at 11:49 am said:

The Destiny beta has been a lot of fun, really excited for the full release to see where else we get to explore.

Playing: FIFA 2014 World Cup (PS3), MLB 2014 the Show (PS4), Conception 2 (Vita)
Watching: Sword Art Online 2
Reading: The Witcher Baptism of Fire

+ wolfbro25 on July 21st, 2014 at 2:07 pm said:

Can someone please find out the release date for Ultimate Tetris?

+ SeanStrange on July 21st, 2014 at 7:44 pm said:

I’m playing: Destiny Beta, Trials Fusion and Killzone: Shadowfall
I’m watching: Kuroko’s Basketball, Ace of the Diamond and Yowapeda
I’m listening to: Combichrist, Transistor OST, Mirrors Edge OST and the Deus Ex: Human Revolution OST

+ Soulcollector1 on July 22nd, 2014 at 2:38 am said:

t

+ crazeeavery on July 23rd, 2014 at 6:46 am said:

Free Destiny beta PS4 cods—–7GLE-EKN3-GQJF, E7RE-D5NK-LTBB. If you wont to do some co-op fell free to add me.

+ J3LACK-EAGLE on August 2nd, 2014 at 3:02 am said:

Is it an indie?

So it’s not coming out for the Vita.