Bloodborne

Tiny Troopers Joint Ops Coming to PS4, PS3, PS Vita This Summer

Adam McGowan's Avatar + Posted by Adam McGowan on Jul 24, 2014 // Wired Productions

Hi, my name is Adam and I head up the marketing here at Wired Productions. We’ve been hard at work on our latest game and our first game to launch on all three PlayStation platforms: Tiny Troopers Joint Ops, an action-packed, twin-stick arcade shooter for PS4, PS3, and PS Vita.

Some of you may have heard of Tiny Troopers before! That’s because Tiny Troopers was a successful game developed for mobile that went on to sell more than 11 million units worldwide. WOW!

TTJO_ExtractPointScreenTTJO_BridgeScreen

Tiny Troopers Joint Ops is a brand new game for PlayStation consoles, featuring all the great content of Tiny Troopers 1 and 2 with a brand new control scheme, as well as cross play and cross save functionality.

An epic, bite-sized arcade shooter, Tiny Troopers Joint Ops is filled to the brim with action-packed mini-maps of mayhem. Take control of your Tiny Troopers as you battle evil adversaries from around the world with a multitude of weapons and specialist soldiers. Collect medals, dog tags, Intel, and more during the course of each mission. With more than 7 hours of gun-toting explosive gameplay, Tiny Troopers is miniature warfare on a massive scale.

TTJO_HumveeScreen

I’ll be back soon to post more information on Tiny Troopers Joint Ops. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Don’t forget to head on over to the Wired Productions Facebook page to keep up to date with everything Wired.

+ AmericanNinja1 on July 24th, 2014 at 7:39 am said:

I never played the mobile version but, this looks pretty fun. I’ll have to check it out once it releases.

+ wesj36 on July 24th, 2014 at 8:00 am said:

Cross buy?

Adam McGowan's Avatar

+ Adam McGowan on July 24th, 2014 at 8:23 am said:

Hey wesj36 – Yes, Tiny Trooper Joint Ops will feature Cross Buy across all 3 platforms as well as Cross Save. Do you have a preferred platform?

+ Malkavilis on July 24th, 2014 at 8:12 am said:

Cross buy?
Cross trophy?
The Vita version will have ad-hoc multiplayer or it will have only standard infrastructure multiplayer?
Platinum trophy?
All versions will be launched at the same day?

Thank you!

Adam McGowan's Avatar

+ Adam McGowan on July 24th, 2014 at 8:26 am said:

Hi Malkavilis – Yes Tiny Troopers Joint Ops will feature Cross Buy & Cross Save on all 3 formats. Trophies will also be shared over all 3 formats.

Unfortunately there is no multiplayer available however there will be online leaderboards in the Zombie mode!

There is no platinum trophy I am afraid however we are planning to launch all 3 formats on the same day. What a day that will be!

+ hectbaf on July 24th, 2014 at 8:12 am said:

Looks great!

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on July 24th, 2014 at 8:22 am said:

ALL THAT IS MISSING ON THE VITA IS A GTA, SAINTS ROW, GRAND TURISMO ..AND ALLOW US TO PLAY OLD PSN GAMES LIKE SHANK, BIONIC COMMANDO REARMED, BLITZ AND NBA JAM! THAT WOULD HELP TAKE A HELL OF A LOT MORE PS VITA SYSTEMS OFF GAME STORES SHELVES IN A HEART BEAT! ITS THAT SIMPLE SONY..ITS THAT SIMPLE!! I DON’T REALLY THINK THERE IS SO MUCH NEED FOR ALL THESE PHONE GAMES…PS VITA HAS A LOT MORE POWER AND BUTTONS.SO AM I ASKING FOR TOO MUCH? I MEAN WE CAN PLAY PS4 GAMES ON IT WHY NOT OLD RETRO PSN GAMES? :/

+ CrusaderForever on July 24th, 2014 at 8:24 am said:

Looks great, any chance of this having couch coop? Looking forward to learning more. Thanks

+ MrBendel on July 24th, 2014 at 8:37 am said:

Looks awesome! Thanks for continuing to support the cross-play platform. Love that I can buy this on vita / PS4 and play wherever whenever.

+ DJ_Tomato on July 24th, 2014 at 8:55 am said:

No multiplayer?
No platinum?

No buy.-

Adam McGowan's Avatar

+ Adam McGowan on July 24th, 2014 at 9:15 am said:

No way! DJ_Tomato

+ Psikorps on July 24th, 2014 at 9:15 am said:

Price this right and I’ll bite (again).

I have played Tiny Troopers 1 & 2, on iOS (where they are BOTH free).
Tiny Troopers 1 on my Android devices and on PC via Steam. Where the high end pricing was like $5.

Now don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the game so much I’m willing to pay yet again…to support the devs for a good fun game.

However, that being said, if this shows up in the PSN store at a absurd price point, like $14.99 or even $9.99, not only will I pass, but I will rate all the previous downloads on my other devices a 1 star, leave a price gouging review, and boycott the developer henceforth.

No more of this console gamers pay more for basically the same game garbage.

(Yes I’m aware this is “new” and also for 3 devices, so are the ones I got, iOS, Android and PC and it all cost like $5 total….so no excuses there)

*PS*
Sorry if this comes off as rude, I’m simply a gamer who has seen this situation more times than I can count and have grown sick and tired of it.

I will be watching the Blog, and when this is added to the store, it will be a day one buy for me, if priced, not gouged.

+ xClayMeow on July 24th, 2014 at 9:23 am said:

People not buying a game because it lacks a platinum trophy are absolutely ridiculous. Some gamers they are :smh:

As psikorops (9) said, as long as it’s priced right, this should be pretty sweet on the Vita.

+ herbalsticky on July 24th, 2014 at 9:30 am said:

Agree with Psikorps. But, no online multiplayer? :(

+ Lynwood420 on July 24th, 2014 at 9:57 am said:

psikorps is right

+ Rezolution77 on July 24th, 2014 at 10:14 am said:

Have to agree with Psikorps.

But love turn based games like a few Command and Conquer, Commandoes, XCom(original) and quite a few others.
Really look forward to updated graphics, cool effects, and more thought provoking gameplay/tactics.

I’ll be waiting for the right price, but looking forward to it, for sure.

+ Rezolution77 on July 24th, 2014 at 10:20 am said:

Would really like to see a game with more strategy, than run and gun.

+ Benzitor on July 24th, 2014 at 10:27 am said:

reminds me of canon fodder on amiga. Count me in…on Vita, of course

+ Macello on July 24th, 2014 at 11:38 am said:

Why is Sony actively blocking “small” games from having Platinums? It diminishes their value, especially compared to Xbox One games that all get the full 1,000.

+ AizawaYuuichi on July 24th, 2014 at 12:15 pm said:

I love twin-stick shooters, and this looks really fun. I won’t be boycotting this for any reason, but I will say the sweet point on price, imo, is $10. If it’s more than that, I’ll just wait for it to go on sale for less. I realize that you have production costs to move it onto all three platforms, trophies add value (in my eyes) and Sony takes a cut as well, so I won’t punish you on pricing forever like some others claim, but I’ll only pay so much for my perceived value.
That being said, I look forward to more info. Those screens look very clean, and I can see myself playing this on my Vita and PS4 with the use of cross-save. Good luck with development!

+ Welmosca on July 24th, 2014 at 12:56 pm said:

I love twin stick shooters….will there be a demo?

@ 8 DJ_Tomato – I hope you don’t consider yourself a gamer.

+ tusunami on July 24th, 2014 at 1:15 pm said:

This seems like it could be fun but need more information and i hope that a demo will be present for this game.

+ Mintblend_44321 on July 24th, 2014 at 1:17 pm said:

So the Vita version will be Tiny Troopers 1 and 2 plus the Zombie mode?? I will definitely be buying.

Adam McGowan's Avatar

+ Adam McGowan on July 25th, 2014 at 5:20 am said:

Hi Mintblend_44321 – Yes, you’ll be pleased to know that Tiny Troopers Joint Ops features all the content from the previous Tiny Troopers 1 and Tiny Troopers 2: Special Forces. Both are fully playable and you don’t have to complete the campaigns from Tiny Troopers 1 in order to access Tiny Troopers 2 campaigns (both are playable from the start).

+ B3GV5M63 on July 24th, 2014 at 3:54 pm said:

yeah. another phone port thats 2 bucks on the app store. and we get charged 15 bucks for. yay am happy.

+ Elvick_ on July 24th, 2014 at 4:21 pm said:

I would rather pay more for mobile games on Vita than have micro transactions. Tired of people whining about that. Plus… You know buttons. Some do it wrong, Fruit Ninja… But others do it right, like Nun Attack. If they retool a game to make it a noon-disaster that forces you to grind for hours or buy overpriced crap… Who cares if it costs more on Vita? Sheesh.

+ ClinToN on July 24th, 2014 at 6:54 pm said:

Nice, sort of like Cannon Fodder reborn.

+ LaurenLark on July 24th, 2014 at 10:31 pm said:

This looks sweeeeet! And personally, I’m impressed the devs had the cojones to leave out online multiplayer! Glad to hear it! I’ll buy and play on Vita and PS4

+ Darkz01-US on July 25th, 2014 at 1:55 am said:

insta buy if $4.99 or below…
beyond that i’ll just wait for sale if there is any…

+ zztoluca on July 25th, 2014 at 3:04 pm said:

Looks interesting, might buy if the price is right.

+ PrimeroIncognito on July 26th, 2014 at 12:27 am said:

Anyone who would boycott a video game needs to get out more. It’s a damn game. Jeez… take a stand against a real enemy.

+ CapJSheridan on July 26th, 2014 at 1:07 pm said:

Price it right and you’ll have my money

+ wavecommander on July 26th, 2014 at 4:42 pm said:

This is a day 1 buy for me. Under 20 and I hope you someday come out with a full game with platinum trophy along the lines of Dead Nation. trophies are fun to hunt/grind for but the game play is much more important. Any plans to do a full size game with online or couch coop options? Zombie mode teamdeath match or whatever modes you think of?

+ TheMonkeyBongo on July 27th, 2014 at 2:59 am said:

I’d buy this day one if it had online multiplayer, especially between the three consoles.

+ Einhander138 on July 28th, 2014 at 6:14 pm said:

Looks fun.

When there’s a physical release, I’ll buy it.

No disc? No sale.

Adam McGowan's Avatar

+ Adam McGowan on July 29th, 2014 at 2:26 am said:

Hi + Einhander138 – Thanks for your comments! Tiny Troopers Joint Ops is launching as a digital ONLY title, available to download on either PS3, PS4 or Vita. Sadly there are no plans for a physical release at present.

+ Macabro on July 29th, 2014 at 7:12 am said:

I love twin stick shooters. I’ll get this for sure when it hits $5 or lower.