Far Cry 4

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Coming to Zen Pinball 2 Next Week

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar + Posted by Bobby Loertscher on Jul 26, 2014 // Community Manager, Zen Studios

The Guardians of the Galaxy are coming to Zen Pinball 2 for PS4, PS3, and PS Vita! Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax the Destroyer, Groot, and Rocket Raccoon are teaming up for an epic galactic pinball battle beginning on July 29th for $2.99! Watch the trailer to see Guardians of the Galaxy pinball in action.

Guardians of the Galaxy pinball brings all five members of the galaxy’s greatest crew of warriors to the pinball universe as they combat Ronan the Accuser. Beginning with a four-ball multiball as players escape the Kyln, the Guardians of the Galaxy pinball table starts off with a bang and doesn’t let up. This new table will showcase the individual strengths of each member of the Guardians of the Galaxy team, including Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax the Destroyer, Groot, and the group’s wildcard, Rocket Raccoon, as well as landmark battles against Yondu and the Ravagers, Nebula, and Ronan himself.

Zen Pinball 2: Guardians of the Galaxy Pinball

Zen Pinball 2: Guardians of the Galaxy PinballZen Pinball 2: Guardians of the Galaxy Pinball

Don’t forget to purchase this table on PS3 or Vita first, then import to PS4 if you’d like to play on all three platforms, and don’t miss the Guardians of the Galaxy movie, in theaters on August 1st. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below!

+ SeanStrange on July 26th, 2014 at 1:32 pm said:

Going to play the table and watch the movie. It’s going to be awesome!

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on July 26th, 2014 at 2:06 pm said:

YAY! Can’t wait! :D

+ duke301 on July 26th, 2014 at 1:53 pm said:

This is great! I’ve been looking forward to the movie, and now I am going to have to allocate some time from The Last of Us to play some Guardians of the Galaxy! But this is a good problem! Bobby, yours are the best messages on this blog. You are the bringer of Marvel and Star Wars themed pinball tables. Thank you!

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on July 26th, 2014 at 2:07 pm said:

Thank you so much! I’ll definitely be back soon with more news on upcoming projects :)

+ eggmiester28 on July 26th, 2014 at 2:05 pm said:

Great looking table, i would like it more based off the comics and not the movie.At least the Guardians of the Galaxy is getting some love, and rocket better having the saying” blam murdered you!”.

+ Rez33 on July 26th, 2014 at 3:51 pm said:

Bobby, this is really awesome. Thanks for the update. Looking forward to playing this!

+ IIIBlackoutIII on July 26th, 2014 at 3:52 pm said:

Awesome, can’t wait!

+ RyuZX on July 26th, 2014 at 4:07 pm said:

Ooh, I wish Zen Pinball tables would go on sale.

+ purse317 on July 26th, 2014 at 4:25 pm said:

I’d love a bundled ps4 pack of some sort

+ djsaiyan on July 26th, 2014 at 4:56 pm said:

I am ALL over this. =D

+ RE_Player on July 26th, 2014 at 5:23 pm said:

As soon as I saw the patch notes for Zen Pinball 2 on Vita I was super excited. Just like every table this will be a day 1 buy for me. Looks awesome!

+ shogun00 on July 26th, 2014 at 5:26 pm said:

Wow! That’s a fast turn around time. Announced today and coming out in three days.

+ IcedDice777 on July 26th, 2014 at 6:19 pm said:

Still waiting for ZEN studios to release a “Create your own Pinball table kit” for PS4. Would gladly pay extra parts/themes to create my pinball table.

If someone is going to do it first…It’ll have to ZEN studios :)

+ PrimeroIncognito on July 26th, 2014 at 9:05 pm said:

Love the color scheme chosen for this. Looks gorgeous.

+ gold_og_roger on July 27th, 2014 at 11:29 am said:

Friggin Sweet! Keep up the great work Zen Studios. Great way to promote the movie as well.

+ GGCAN on July 28th, 2014 at 5:34 am said:

Thanks for the heads up Bobby.

Question, couple of weeks ago I purchased Deadpool DLC on my PS4 for Zen pinball 2.

I thought that if you purchase this on one platform, you would receive the same DLC on the PS3/Vita, however, it’s asking me to purchase them on those 2 platforms.

Is this how it work ?

Just thought I should be aware.

+ JokerZombie- on July 28th, 2014 at 9:56 am said:

what about a discount on all pinball tables for ps4???

+ BaconMcShig on July 28th, 2014 at 10:11 am said:

Y’all ever thought about pursuing movie tie-ins like this outside the Star Wars and Marvel sphere? Time was, pinball tables and tentpole movies went together like peas and carrots. We see a lot of studios pursuing game tie-ins that are overly ambitious and costly but fall flat on their face; Star Trek, Pacific Rim, Tron: Evolution, not to mention all the kids’ movie games. It seems like it would be a lot more reasonable a project for the time constraints (and yield much better results) for the studios to commission a themed pinball table from you guys, rather than throwing money at developing their own game from top to bottom and coming away with a half-baked mess. And it would be a good in-between solution for movies that clearly have a lot of marketing money to throw around, but can’t quite justify development of a full tie-in game (A Godzilla table, for instance, would have been really cool!)/

Plus it would give you guys a bit more balance in your portfolio, without sacrificing the marketability of known IPs. Not that I don’t love Star Wars and Marvel, but they’re kind of crowding out everything else lately.

I see great things for everyone involved if you could get these kinds of discussions started.

+ BaconMcShig on July 28th, 2014 at 10:14 am said:

On topic: Table looks cool, and announcement to release in a couple of days? I like that kind of turnaround!

+ sirdreisme on July 28th, 2014 at 2:30 pm said:

never misse a zen table yet if i know it’s there i’ll buy it

+ sirdreisme on July 28th, 2014 at 2:31 pm said:

sorry 4 miss spilling

+ Remmy8199 on July 29th, 2014 at 1:33 am said:

Zen Pinball is pretty awesome when it wants to be (Earth Defense, Mars, PvZ, Tesla, Epic Quest, Excalibur, Shaman, etc.), but the endless barrage of Marvel and Star Wars tables lately are getting a bit stale. How about something different for a change?

+ Doctor_Hank_Pym on July 29th, 2014 at 6:40 am said:

AMAZING! (on the timing, too!)
can’t wait to play this — and, see it on IMAX Friday!

+ Doctor_Hank_Pym on July 29th, 2014 at 6:45 am said:

also: I thoroughly agree with BaconMcShig in #16 above. While I’ll happily continue to buy any Marvel or SW (or any other!) tables you put out, pursuing other one-off licenses for upcoming sure-hit IPs (like the recent Godzilla) could work wonders. There’s been so many costly failures of full-retail “[Movie Name] – The Game” in this and past console generations, but I would hope many of these movie studios would realize (as they did in the 90s) that it’s much more difficult to screw-up such a timeless classic as pinball.

Anyway, Zen, keep up the great work, and I look forward to seeing what the rest of 2014 & beyond holds!

+ acjeromeFL on August 9th, 2014 at 5:16 am said:

Will there ever be the option to import tables from PS4? Because I bought the Deadpool Table on PS4 and I would like to know if there is any chance of this ever happening, so that I don’t have to buy it twice.

+ AGN420GETSOME420 on August 15th, 2014 at 1:20 pm said:

So im not havn fun with new table cause full tilt comes up and i can move flippers what do u do when this happens are u helpless or can u do somthn too get it too unfreeze the fulltilt is killn me?

+ AGN420GETSOME420 on August 15th, 2014 at 1:21 pm said: