Minecraft PS4

LittleBigPlanet 3: Pre-orders Announced! (Plushies, DLC, and PS3 – Oh My!)

Steven Isbell's Avatar + Posted by Steven Isbell on Jul 29, 2014 // LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

We have been absolutely blown away by your anticipation and excitement for LittleBigPlanet 3. Whilst we still have a lot of work to do before the game is released, we’re pleased that we can now announce that LittleBigPlanet 3 will be available for the PlayStation 4 on November 18, 2014! We also wanted to give a massive shout-out to our active LittleBigPlanet community on PlayStation 3. It’s been an incredible journey so far with you all and LittleBigPlanet just wouldn’t be the same without its amazing community! So we want to let you all know that even if you don’t own a PlayStation 4 yet, it won’t stop you from joining Sackboy and his new friends in LittleBigPlanet 3 because we will also be releasing LBP3 on PlayStation 3, November 18th with the PS4 version!

LBPlanet3 PS4-Case-1PS3_LBP3_JWLCSE_FRONT_ENG_002

We also wanted to let you know about our fantastic range of LittleBigPlanet 3 pre-order bonuses. There is something for everyone, so check out all the great options and extra goodies.

Secure Your Sackboy Plush Today

To lead off, we’re happy to announce that if you pre-order at participating retailers you will receive a Sackboy plush at no extra charge. Pre-Order at Target and your Sackboy Plush will come with an exclusive Target hat! Quantities are limited, so pre-order today!

Sackboy_Images

Dragon Age: Inquisition Costume Pack

We are also pleased to reveal this fantastic Dragon Age Costume Pack will be a part of our Day 1 Edition that will be given to everybody that pre-orders LittleBigPlanet 3 on PS4, from any retailer or digitally. The pack, available at launch while supplies last, will equip our heroes with the perfect range of adventuring costumes based on BioWare’s latest addition to the Dragon Age series!

Day1EditionImage
Not only that but also included in the Day 1 Edition is the PlayStation 4 The Players Pack containing a variety of costumes based on your favorite PlayStation characters for your pre-order or launch day purchase of LittleBigPlanet 3!

Costume Packs
Available from selected retailers exclusively for PlayStation 4!

OddSock, Toggle and Swoop love to dress-up just as much as Sackboy so we are also announcing three additional pre-order bonus costume packs for LittleBigPlanet 3 on PS4 that will be available exclusively at select retailers. The Mythical Creatures Costume Pack and the Hidden Creatures Costume Pack will give each member of the group their own special costume for their upcoming adventure and will be perfect for anyone looking to add more fantasy to their heroic team. The PlayStation Favorite Costume Pack will feature outfits from some of PlayStation’s favorite franchises and will be perfect for those looking for a little PlayStation nostalgia.

GameStop-MythicalCreatures

• Pre-order at GameStop for the bonus Mythical Creatures Costume Pack!

BestBuy-HiddenCreatures

• Pre-order at Best Buy for the bonus Hidden Creatures Costume Pack!

AmazonOffer

• Pre-order at Amazon.com for the bonus PlayStation Favorites Costume Pack!

LittleBigPlanet 3 T-Shirt Pack
Instant Access content exclusive to the PS Store!

If you prefer to purchase your copy of LittleBigPlanet 3 digitally then we have something special for you. Anyone that pre-orders LittleBigPlanet 3 on the PlayStation Store on either the PS3 or the PS4 will be able to download the LittleBigPlanet 3 T-shirt Pack!
4shirts
Best of all! Your pre-order will give you Instant Access to the LittleBigPlanet 3 T-Shirt Pack!
What this means is that you will be able to download the shirt right away for your Sackboy to wear in LittleBigPlanet 2, LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and LittleBigPlanet Karting! And then when LittleBigPlanet 3 is released, he will be able to wear it in that game too!

• It’s just our little way of saying thanks to all our fans that pre-order on the PlayStation Store!
    Pre-order from the PlayStation Store to download your Instant Access LittleBigPlanet 3 T-Shirt Pack right now!

These pre-order offers are for North America only. For those of you in Europe, please stay tuned to the European PS Blog for an announcement coming soon. We can’t wait for all of you to get your hands on LittleBigPlanet 3’s creative toolset and whether you own a PlayStation 3 or a PlayStation 4, you will be able to join us and the rest of the LBP community for Sackboy’s greatest adventure yet on November 18, 2014!

PAGE 1 2 3 6

+ the_caribbean_dx on July 29th, 2014 at 9:35 am said:

cool!!!!!

+ Steven Isbell on July 29th, 2014 at 11:05 am said:

Glad you like!

+ Notserp2814 on July 29th, 2014 at 9:46 am said:

Fantastic!

Any special launch day/week costumes offered through the game like the Spaceman outfit was given for LBP1?

+ Steven Isbell on July 29th, 2014 at 10:47 am said:

The Launch Spacesuit will return for LittleBigPlanet 3’s release…
    It must… It’s tradition!!

We will have more news on other launch content closer to release. :)

+ SigEp_Raiders on July 29th, 2014 at 9:48 am said:

Wish Playstation Favorites Pack was available for PSN pre-orders. I only buy digital now thanks to how awesome PS Vita Remote play is!

+ PrinceofXIII on July 29th, 2014 at 9:48 am said:

Awesome!!!

+ Steven Isbell on July 29th, 2014 at 11:05 am said:

Do you have a favourite new costume? :)

+ redemptivefrog on July 29th, 2014 at 9:49 am said:

Cool!

I preordered LBP 3 at a super duper, probably too-cheap price at amazon.ca. Speaking of which — will the amazon.COM preorder costumes be available for the .CA customers as well?

on that note — i do not have a PS4 yet! My hope — and I hope you answer this with a yes! — is that in buying the PS4 version, I will be entitled to a PS3 version. Perhaps through cross-buy? that would just be swell!

+ TheUnbornNobodyX on July 29th, 2014 at 9:50 am said:

Good lord, I want that Mythical Creatures costume pack but I already decided to go digital. Hopefully it will be available to buy as an add-on later.

+ Steven Isbell on July 29th, 2014 at 11:19 am said:

Do you have a favourite costume in the Mythical Creatures Costume Pack? :)

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on July 29th, 2014 at 9:51 am said:

@5 — Sorry but I really don’t think this is cross-buy for PS4/PS3. That’s really only for the $15-range PSN games.

+ Takachsin on July 29th, 2014 at 9:53 am said:

How do we know which retailers have the plush? And we can get it starting today?

+ Steven Isbell on July 29th, 2014 at 10:49 am said:

Lots of retailers have plushies! We love Sackboy plushies!
    So check out your favourite retailer to see if they’re offering one!

+ Mark Valledor on July 29th, 2014 at 1:33 pm said:

Here’s a quick list of retailers with the LBP3 Plushie Bundle: Amazon, BestBuy, GameStop, Target (w/ exclusive cap), and Walmart. But FYI – each of these retailers have a limited supply.

+ Krakn3dfx on July 29th, 2014 at 9:53 am said:

Retailer specific pre-order bonuses, thank goodness, I’d hate to be able to get everything just by ordering 1 copy. And thank goodness these are pre-order only, I’d hate to be able to get them if I walked into a store 3 days after it came out and picked up a copy, like some dirty, non-pre-order….er.

Thanks, Sony, always thinking of the gamer.

+ Mark Valledor on July 29th, 2014 at 1:36 pm said:

Your welcome! We’re glad to offer our gamers a Bonus Sackboy Plush at no additional cost. You no like?!?!?

+ maver1ck89 on July 29th, 2014 at 9:54 am said:

Those sackboys look like trash. How is it so hard to make an accurate or at least decent looking miniature cloth doll

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on July 29th, 2014 at 9:55 am said:

I really hope LBP3 is a return to the LBP1 format. Honestly, the unskippable “dialog” sequences in LBP2, PSP, and Vita were extremely annoying, and really ruined the experience for me. Replaying levels became a chore, because I couldn’t skip through exposition sequences that I had already seen. Please fix that experience.

I actually was not going to buy LBP3 because of those experiences in the previous games. But between the Plushy pre-order bonus, and having a new girlfriend who is actually open to playing games with me, you guys got me. Please don’t disappoint!

+ shuaDove on July 29th, 2014 at 9:57 am said:

Read this post and pre-ordered it in less than a minute. You have to love Amazon’s quick checkout process. I’m very excited for this!

+ Steven Isbell on July 29th, 2014 at 11:21 am said:

That’s a lot of PlayStation Favourites to choose from for your Sackboy!

+ TheJIDF on July 29th, 2014 at 9:58 am said:

When will we be able to preorder the PS3 version on the playstation store?

+ Amir_G_M_US on July 29th, 2014 at 10:03 am said:

This is actually pretty cool
I’ll get the ps4 anyway…

But what about the PSPlus August lineup ,????

+ Takutolover on July 29th, 2014 at 10:04 am said:

Nice, I pick up the PS3 version after the release.

+ Steven Isbell on July 30th, 2014 at 5:57 am said:

Great to hear! Hope you enjoy Sackboy’s new adventure in November!

+ StalkerD on July 29th, 2014 at 10:06 am said:

When are you going to learn that consumers HATE retailer specific bonuses? Awful way to promote your game.

+ Drew_Croft on July 29th, 2014 at 10:08 am said:

Oh my god. Preordered! Any Collectors Ed?

+ viciousmoth on July 29th, 2014 at 10:09 am said:

I didn’t own a PS3, so this will be my first Little Big Planet game. I preordered it just now on Amazon because of the crazy amount of pre-order bonuses that seemed to come every paragraph in this article! I don’t want to risk missing out. Looking forward to it, thanks.

+ Steven Isbell on July 29th, 2014 at 10:51 am said:

That’s great! Looking forward to you joining the LittleBigPlanet 3 community in November!

+ luvtoseek on July 29th, 2014 at 10:11 am said:

Omg, Target plush! Hahahaaa nice! :D

+ Steven Isbell on July 30th, 2014 at 5:58 am said:

He should make for a great new friend to have when playing the new game!

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on July 29th, 2014 at 10:13 am said:

@redemptivefrog: I agree with the previous poster; I very much doubt it will be cross-buy. But great to see someone still using “swell”! :P

I’m hoping this game will have most of the kinks ironed out of the online play at launch. LBP2 was a fantastic game. Bought it day 1. Loved it to death, and yet…the problems loading levels online — even a few patches later — marred the overall experience.

I know it must be hard doing anything original in the 2D-platformer arena, but you guys always have something up your sleeve. I just wish you would leave just one great idea to be released as DLC later on, if it means the game will reach the testing phase a few weeks earlier. Besides, a great game that works great will sell itself through word-of-mouth.

+ Natureboy99 on July 29th, 2014 at 10:14 am said:

I’m definitely buying this digitally. No plushie for me?

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on July 29th, 2014 at 10:20 am said:

Gotta agree with T3DV0L70L1N4 yet again: The inability to skip cutscenes was ludicrous in 2011. It’s not any better now. Hope that’s fixed.

But I forgot to say…yay PS3! Great to see support for the platform that started it all. I have a ton of unplayed PS3 games already, so I ordinarily would just wait till I get a PS4 years from now. But make it a must-buy and I won’t wait. :)

+ oversevethousand on July 29th, 2014 at 10:23 am said:

@11
I doubt it will be, though I think maybe having an option to skip that after you play a level once couldn’t hurt. Given how the game is made, that might not be possible – I don’t see a problem with it though.

I’m more concerned about the inclusion of unnecessary playable characters other than Sackboy when everything they do could have been added through powers.

+ MakoSoul on July 29th, 2014 at 10:31 am said:

Oh man, the Playstation Favorites pack makes this an easy choice. Pre-ordered at Amazon!

+ Steven Isbell on July 30th, 2014 at 6:00 am said:

Ooooh… Can’t resist asking…
    Do you have a favourite Favourite? ;)

+ TJLEW on July 29th, 2014 at 10:31 am said:

With the 4 the player costume pack coming to LBP3 does this mean that all of our LBP1 and LBP2 DLC will transfer over to LBP3 as well as our story mode collectibles from LBP1 and LBP2 ?

+ KidGreengene on July 29th, 2014 at 10:35 am said:

Nothing to pre-order digitally directly from Sony?

It really is too bad that all that talk a couple years ago about how we shouldn’t resell the games and it hurts the industry was just developers crying and now when they have the chance to actually pull people into a digital age, they do nothing to convince me to.

Oh well, rant over.. love the content you get with the pre-orders. Very cute stuff. Looks like a great game

+ Mark Valledor on July 29th, 2014 at 1:40 pm said:

I think you missed the last few paragraphs. THERE IS a pre-order offer for the PlayStation Store! And you can get access to them immediately for your LBP1/LBP2 gaming sessions.

+ Steven Isbell on July 30th, 2014 at 6:02 am said:

Haha! I personally love the Instant Access T-Shirts!

Being able to get instant new content for the existing games is such a great offer for long-time fans of the series! :)

+ Teflon02 on July 29th, 2014 at 10:42 am said:

Great, no matter what is said, this game is going to be held back on PS4 by the PS3. I’m still getting it but I’m surely not hyped about it anymore, just a big LBP fan

+ lisatsunami on July 29th, 2014 at 10:43 am said:

Ok, must have Plushie. Will pre-order today.

+ Steven Isbell on July 30th, 2014 at 6:06 am said:

It’s always hard to resist a Sackboy plushie! We can’t get enough of them ourselves!

+ DanteMerfi on July 29th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

Will those bonuses come also with the PS3 version or only with the PS4 version? At retailers’ websites it seems the bonuses are only for the PS4 version.

+ Solid_Duff on July 29th, 2014 at 10:51 am said:

I opened the Playstation Blog with excitement to see what PS+ games we get next month (I forgot it is the last Thursday of every month), but stumbled upon this exciting news. Thanks Playstation.

+ Steven Isbell on July 29th, 2014 at 11:23 am said:

It may not be Thursday yet but I’m happy to hear that Sackboy brightened up your Tuesday for you!

+ holydrago on July 29th, 2014 at 10:51 am said:

so excited pre-ordered after E3 and lots of goodies to come with it.

+ Steven Isbell on July 30th, 2014 at 6:08 am said:

We always like to give our community a nice bumper-set of costumes to get them started in the next step of their LittleBigPlanet journey!

Even better is the fact that these will be your first ever costumes for OddSock, Toggle and Swoop! :)

+ Borshay on July 29th, 2014 at 10:52 am said:

LBP1/2/Vita had three layers to work with. I know they added more for LBP3, but what is the final number on how many total layers are available?

+ Steven Isbell on July 29th, 2014 at 11:23 am said:

There will be 16 playable layers in LittleBigPlanet 3!

What do you plan to do with all those extra layers? ;)

+ ossiecastro5 on July 29th, 2014 at 10:56 am said:

I am very glad that one of the most anticipated games of the year will also be available for the PS3. It shows that you also care about the system where is all started (and the system that still has more people in it). I cannot wait to purchase this and I wish you good luck for LBP3!

+ Steven Isbell on July 29th, 2014 at 11:18 am said:

We couldn’t possibly forget about the PlayStation 3! Our current LittleBigPlanet community is right there and we would never dream of leaving behind the community members that don’t own a PS4 yet!

+ mean_cheez on July 29th, 2014 at 11:02 am said:

Retailer exclusive pre-order bonuses are only a selling point to the retailers themselves, not customers.

+ LordKhush on July 29th, 2014 at 11:03 am said:

I own both PS3 and PS4, will DLC from LBP 1 and 2 be compatible with PS3 version?

And if so, does that mean the PS4 version technically has “less”?

+ SSJStarwind16 on July 29th, 2014 at 11:04 am said:

Is Amazon.com a “participating retailer” for those awesome sackboy plushes? I have had it ordered since E3 so I am hoping to get one!

+ Solid_Duff on July 29th, 2014 at 11:05 am said:

@36
Yes, they do have the plush toys.
(Playstation, is there a better way to reply to a comment?)

+ BoltZilla on July 29th, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

Are the plushies given out at time of preorder or at launch?

+ Mark Valledor on July 29th, 2014 at 1:42 pm said:

The plushie will be boxed in with the Day 1 edition of the game at launch

+ Steven Isbell on July 30th, 2014 at 6:09 am said:

Think of him as a little Sackboy that will look after your new game whilst it works its way to you! :)

+ Ryuhza on July 29th, 2014 at 11:08 am said:

@36: Yeah, follow the link and you’ll see. All the retailers here (except the digital preorder) offer the plush Sackboy.

So does this mean there isn’t going to be a collectors edition this time around? If there was, I’d have a hard time not buying it and finding a place for it between my LBP2 CE bookends(gameends?). But if not, I’m totally ready to preorder. Nice to have another Sackboy doll to join my first.

Love LBP, can’t wait to get my hands on the PS4 version.

+ SmokeAdellic on July 29th, 2014 at 11:12 am said:

You should bundle the PS3 version with the ps4 version or maybe give a digital download voucher for one or at least some sort of discount.

+ Kwazilla on July 29th, 2014 at 11:13 am said:

As much as I hate the idea of retailer specific in-game pre-order bonuses, the fact that these are purely cosmetic makes it ok. And the plush looks fantastic

+ RoII_chan on July 29th, 2014 at 11:23 am said:

I think the digital pre-order bonus is too poor, I mean those T-shirts are pretty but compared to the other costumes they are not that good =/

+ DarkStar83x on July 29th, 2014 at 11:23 am said:

Just preordered it for PS4 on Amazon.

+ The5rozos on July 29th, 2014 at 11:25 am said:

Is there going to be a Collector’s Edition, Steven? You don’t have to say what’s in it, I just want to know. :p

+ DarkStar83x on July 29th, 2014 at 11:26 am said:

My only gripe is it comes out the same day as Dragon Age: Inquisition, but that’s OK. It’ll just be tough to decide what to crack open first!

+ renaultmilton on July 29th, 2014 at 11:26 am said:

Toggle in Hidden Creature looks like chewbacca from Star Wars.

+ Steven Isbell on July 30th, 2014 at 6:12 am said:

You realise that you’re now committed to recording an impression for everyone whilst wearing that costume in-game… Right? ;)

+ x_PlaTtiNuM on July 29th, 2014 at 11:28 am said:

do we get the plushy when we pre order the game or when it releases

+ Steven Isbell on July 30th, 2014 at 6:12 am said:

The plushie will arrive with the game itself. :)

+ StraussAKA on July 29th, 2014 at 11:32 am said:

As long as Sony keeps backporting games like this and porting PS3 games unto the PS4 there’s very little reason to actually own a PS4.

+ LtThunderpants on July 29th, 2014 at 11:34 am said:

Will there be a way to get the retailer-specific costume packs post-launch?

+ BlaqMagiq24 on July 29th, 2014 at 11:43 am said:

PLZ answer! Very important!

For those who gets the PS4 version of LBP3 will all our DLC from LBP1 and LBP2 as well as our collectibles from story, side levels, etc. transfer over from PS3?

PAGE 1 2 3 6