No Man's Sky

Pure Pool Coming to PS4 Today

Emily Crees's Avatar + Posted by Emily Crees on Jul 29, 2014 // Community Manager at VooFoo Studios

We at VooFoo Studios are intensely proud of our games – and our next game in the Pure series is no different. We’ve been working our socks off to bring you Pure Pool in all its shiny glory. Just like we did with Pure Chess, we’ve taken great care to not only give it our trademark stunning visuals, but to perfect all the details to make Pure Pool as immersive as we possibly can. And we’re certain we’ve achieved the goal of creating a bustling pool hall in the comfort your own home!

Pure Pool on PS4

The whole team has enjoyed creating this game and developing features specifically for the PS4 has also been a blast. We’ve been able to implement features such as the use of the DualShock 4 touchpad, which allows you to glance about the table right up to the point of taking the shot. There’s also the inclusion of accolades and Trophies for those Trophy hunters out there.

Since our new pool game is very much focused on the “Pure” part of the title, we’ve gotten rid of the artificial features and mechanics such as a power bar and top-down views to create a more authentic game for both beginners and masters alike. Pull back on the right analog stick – just like pulling back the cue before taking a shot in reality – then push forward to take your shot. Need to check another angle to ensure you get the perfect pot? Press the Square button and walk around the table as if you would in real life. Pure and simple.

Another part of the VooFoo portfolio that we’re particularly proud of is the ball physics from Hustle Kings. We’ve built on that for Pure Pool, pushing the hardware to see how realistically we can make the balls bounce off each other and around the table.

Pure Pool on PS4

Pure Pool on PS4Pure Pool on PS4

As well as pushing the hardware to gain better physics, our wonderful artists have had a lot of fun pushing the graphics to achieve the realism that we’ve made our trademark. Blurring the line between game and reality is something that we’re best known for.

In regards to gameplay, we’ve included 40+ hours of single player careers of varying difficulties for each game mode (varying from 8-ball pool, 9-ball pool, Killer, mini-games and the VooFoo designed game of Accumulator). That’s a lot of pool – and that’s without covering the multiplayer options. Speaking of multiplayer options, we wanted to get you competing against other players from around the world in a fully synchronised gameplay within seconds of booting gameplay, so we built a streamlined online multiplayer system to make live gameplay virtually indiscernible from offline play.

We’re also excited to introduce our new online DNA profiling system to everyone. After you’ve played a few games of pool, your DNA profile is created. This gathers a wide selection of information about how you play, from the type of shots you take, if you go for pots or play it safe, if you often put heavy spin on the cue ball – and creates a DNA profile. This essentially means that when you’re offline, your friends are still able to play against you and vice versa! There is also two-player local play which is fully supported.

There’s a buzz around the office as the release to Pure Pool gets closer, and we’ve been really encouraged by the excitement people have expressed through social media, forum comments and in person at events like E3. We hope that everyone enjoys playing the game as much as we’ve enjoyed making it! Pure Pool is now available for $12.99.

PAGE 1 2

+ BobMarcho on July 29th, 2014 at 6:33 am said:

So, any idea when the store updates today?

+ maxcoronel2014 on July 29th, 2014 at 6:39 am said:

Any news about a demo? Really looking forward to try it out.

+ CShasuki on July 29th, 2014 at 6:46 am said:

I hope this is better than the chess game. Online is really buggy and nobody ever online :(

+ snakeeyes211 on July 29th, 2014 at 6:46 am said:

May I know the price

Emily Crees's Avatar

+ Emily Crees on July 29th, 2014 at 8:38 am said:

It’ll be $9.99! :)

+ moog on July 29th, 2014 at 7:08 am said:

You may have a buzz in your office, but there’s nothing in the wild. This might as well not exist, no on knows about it. Someone isn’t doing their job of getting word out.

Why have there been no reviews?

Why the silence over the price?

Why aren’t you linking to the game’s page on the PS network? Oh wait, you haven’t even made a place-holder page.

Don’t expect prospective customers to do the leg-work.

+ Seiven on July 29th, 2014 at 7:10 am said:

I skimmed the website and this post and did not see anything about Move support. Will it be available or maybe in a patch? I loved playing Hustle Kings with the Move Controllers on my PS3.

Emily Crees's Avatar

+ Emily Crees on July 29th, 2014 at 8:44 am said:

There are no current plans for Move support, but if there’s enough interest we may patch it in at a later date.

+ Seiven on July 29th, 2014 at 7:13 am said:

@moog comment #5

I have been eagerly awaiting this since I first heard about it 7 months ago at least. There was not only a teaser trailer on the store, but also a blog post announcing it.

+ perrandy on July 29th, 2014 at 7:19 am said:

game looks good and has multiplayer but i too wonder about the pricing as well.if the price is too high then i will pick up this sometime later.hope that the price is right…wished that pure chess had online multiplayer

Emily Crees's Avatar

+ Emily Crees on July 29th, 2014 at 8:50 am said:

Pure Pool will be $9.99 :)

+ BigDaddy4247 on July 29th, 2014 at 8:08 am said:

yeah, what the price for pure pool, better be around 14.99 or 19.99 anymore then that im not interested.

Emily Crees's Avatar

+ Emily Crees on July 29th, 2014 at 8:38 am said:

It’ll be $9.99! :)

+ moog on July 29th, 2014 at 8:27 am said:

A blog post no one sees unless they’re polling it and a “teaser” amounts to zero exposure to the gaming market unless you’re massively successful like R* or Naughty Dog, where it’ll be covered by all outlets and go viral.

If someone has to search for it, almost no one will know of its existence.

The summer is the quiet period for releases, all information for this game should be in the wild already and a number of sites should have reviewed it. So you have to ask, are they epic failures in marketing or do they no want the press to get ahold of it?

I’m very interested in a decent pool game, I’ve yet to actually play a good one on any playform. But the lack of information makes me very suspicious. If you think about it, why didn’t this blog post state the price? Will it be PSN only, or will a disk option be available?

Pure Pool doesn’t return anything on Steam either.

+ kristianity77 on July 29th, 2014 at 9:05 am said:

What will be the UK price for Pure Pool, anyone know yet?

Emily Crees's Avatar

+ Emily Crees on July 29th, 2014 at 9:33 am said:

Hi there, Pure Pool is £7.99 in the UK :)

+ jellyhedgehog on July 29th, 2014 at 9:20 am said:

Why isn’t it on the store yet? LOUR is there.

+ perrandy on July 29th, 2014 at 9:20 am said:

9.99 is a heck of a deal and i just have the money to pay for it.thank you very much :)

+ Mr_Toc on July 29th, 2014 at 9:38 am said:

Awesome price, dudes ! I’m a French YouTuber and I’d love to show this PURE POOL to my subscibers. Keep up the good work :D

+ Amnalehu on July 29th, 2014 at 9:58 am said:

First of all, congrats on getting this game to the PS4. It looks amazing! At $9.99, this is a steal and a must have for anyone that loves pool and owns a PS4. I will be getting it as soon as the store updates. I would love to see move support for Pure Pool. Many PS users already have the camera and a couple of Move controllers. Also, who did the music in the game? It really nice! I would love to have the Pure Pool sound track!

+ jellyhedgehog on July 29th, 2014 at 9:59 am said:

Any idea when pure pool is on the store?

+ SilentStorm2020 on July 29th, 2014 at 10:20 am said:

$9.99 is a great price so will be buying it. Also, is there going to be private match rooms as well for the online matches?

+ jellyhedgehog on July 29th, 2014 at 10:24 am said:

Ooh you little fibber it’s $12.99. Not pleased I just put a $10 code in

+ jellyhedgehog on July 29th, 2014 at 10:33 am said:

In fact I’m a little upset. I know it’s only $3 but I got a $10 card instead of a 20. Now I don’t have funds to get another $10 card. All because you said it was 9.99 you liar.

Emily Crees's Avatar

+ Emily Crees on July 30th, 2014 at 2:05 am said:

We apologise for the confusion guys – the prices we were given yesterday had the currency signs mixed up. The actual prices are £7.99/ €9.99/ $12.99 .

+ Mr_Toc on July 29th, 2014 at 10:36 am said:

I guess 9.99 $ is the PS+ price.

+ swd420 on July 29th, 2014 at 10:41 am said:

I saw on Voo Foo’s page that Pure Pool is being released today for EU and tomorrow for the US….any truth to this? And for those out there who want a GREAT pool game with the BEST physics in town, Virtual Pool 4 for PC. Granted, it’s not as pretty as I expect Pure Pool to be, but the physics are extremely realistic and loaded with a ton of options to suit every need…not to mention that it has just about every pool/billiards game ever invented. It even has the newer 10 ‘ x 5 ‘ tables for those sharks out there looking for more of a challenge. Sadly, however, the online community is nearly dead….no more than 30 or so players online at any given time. So that’s why I’m all stoked for Pure Pool. I played Hustle Kings into the ground…loved the online community. So I can’t wait to give P.P. a try. Peace.

+ Amnalehu on July 29th, 2014 at 10:43 am said:

Pure Pool is already out here in the USA. I have it now. It looks stunning. I am a bit confused about the pricing though. The blog says $9.99 but I was charged $12.99. Either way, well worth the money. I was actually prepared to pay $19.99.

+ jellyhedgehog on July 29th, 2014 at 10:44 am said:

There’s no ps plus price. Just $12.99

+ Mr_Toc on July 29th, 2014 at 10:47 am said:

It happens sometimes. We have to wait few hours before the PS+ price appears.

+ jyoung–OS on July 29th, 2014 at 10:58 am said:

Yes, I see it is up now in the North American Central time zone for a price of $12.99.

Is this an error or is the PS+ discount just inactive at the moment?

+ stalepie on July 29th, 2014 at 10:58 am said:

It’s best to wait till 6pm or so on Tuesdays . They update the store bit by bit instead of all in one go. The PS+ prices are usually the last thing switched on.

+ maxcoronel2014 on July 29th, 2014 at 11:10 am said:

$9.99??? The game is showing $12.99.

Emily Crees's Avatar

+ Emily Crees on July 30th, 2014 at 4:02 am said:

We apologise for the confusion – the prices we were given yesterday had the currency signs mixed up. The actual prices are £7.99/ €9.99/ $12.99 .

+ DavidHolliss on July 29th, 2014 at 11:11 am said:

And I thought only SCEE could screw things up, know I realise it’s probably the whole of Sony, reassures me somewhat. Why not release the PS+ price at the same time, oh yeah to mug off buyers for a couple of hours. Tut tut.

+ peteg9699 on July 29th, 2014 at 11:12 am said:

Yep, $12.99. Up in the store now. So what is the correct price?

+ jellyhedgehog on July 29th, 2014 at 11:20 am said:

She never mentioned ps plus. She said it was $9.99 about three times

+ jyoung–OS on July 29th, 2014 at 11:23 am said:

Looks like if you add the game to your cart, it shows up as $9.09 now.

So try that, guys.

+ jellyhedgehog on July 29th, 2014 at 11:35 am said:

Ps plus or normal?

+ jyoung–OS on July 29th, 2014 at 11:39 am said:

PS+ is showing up as $9.09.

Does anyone know how to invite friends to your league? I created a league but I don’t see anyway to invite friends.

+ maxcoronel2014 on July 29th, 2014 at 11:44 am said:

So. no demo. Those who already bought it ¿Is it worth it?

+ jyoung–OS on July 29th, 2014 at 11:52 am said:

I haven’t tried the online play yet, but I’d say pick it up if you’re a fan of pool. There seems to be lots of single-player content.

I would like to know how the league play works, though.

+ Amnalehu on July 29th, 2014 at 12:01 pm said:

@maxcoronel2014. It’s worth it. Great visuals and physics.

+ jyoung–OS on July 29th, 2014 at 12:08 pm said:

Streaming now for those who want a look at the game:

+ kristianity77 on July 29th, 2014 at 12:37 pm said:

OK so ive got this, where is UK 8 ball pool I cannot seem to find it?

Emily Crees's Avatar

+ Emily Crees on July 30th, 2014 at 4:05 am said:

Hi there, UK 8 ball pool is going in the first patch, which will be released soon!

+ tusunami on July 29th, 2014 at 1:13 pm said:

I have to checkout the game 1st and hopefully a demo to try this out first.

+ jyoung–OS on July 29th, 2014 at 1:15 pm said:

I just tried the online play and it works great. No lag.

So for $9, I give this game my full recommendation if you have an interest in pool.

+ The-Hawk2K on July 29th, 2014 at 1:50 pm said:

Are there going to be any trick shots and crazy tables like Hustle Kings has?

+ kropodra on July 29th, 2014 at 2:02 pm said:

I was charged 12.50 and I have ps+ WTF

+ Daniel4659 on July 29th, 2014 at 2:40 pm said:

Dear” sony it would be good if when you put PS4 controller the light flasing two let you know that changering up like ps3 does would be a good i deai please work on this please sony if it can be done thank you.

+ Daniel4659 on July 29th, 2014 at 2:44 pm said:

Dear sony it would be a good i deai when you win on FlFA14 the controller flashing red green blue and a sound saying you win
Please work on this thank you.

+ viciousmoth on July 29th, 2014 at 2:49 pm said:

I see a $12.99 price, not the $9.99 said over and over in the comments?

Emily Crees's Avatar

+ Emily Crees on July 30th, 2014 at 4:07 am said:

We apologise for the confusion, we had accidentally been given prices with mixed up currency signs – the actual prices are £7.99/ €9.99/ $12.99 .

+ jyoung–OS on July 29th, 2014 at 4:50 pm said:

So what is the online difficulty set to?

It feels like everyone I play against is making amazingly tough shots.

Is everyone set to Amateur online?

+ cpl4play on July 29th, 2014 at 5:59 pm said:

How come I can’t invite my friends to come and play an actual game with me? I can’t invite friends into my league or anything. Is this going to be fixed?

Emily Crees's Avatar

+ Emily Crees on July 30th, 2014 at 4:10 am said:

Hi there, this appears to happen if your friend is not in Pure Pool at the time, they won’t receive the request. The team are aware of it and will be fixed for the first patch. Sorry for the inconvenience!

+ FKStillmatic1985 on July 29th, 2014 at 6:14 pm said:

When will it be rolled out?

+ CanadianJaay on July 29th, 2014 at 6:14 pm said:

Any word on the PS Plus August line up?

+ jyoung–OS on July 29th, 2014 at 6:35 pm said:

It looks like the in-game friends list feature is broken right now. It just shows up blank.

Emily Crees's Avatar

+ Emily Crees on July 30th, 2014 at 4:11 am said:

Hi there, this bug appears to happen if there are a very large number of people online. This is something we are currently fixing. Sorry for the inconvenience!

PAGE 1 2