PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Blogcast 129: LittleBig Toggle

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Aug 03, 2014 // Senior Manager, Social Media

We’re back! Sorry for the late show; with gamescom 2014 looming on the horizon, there’s been plenty to keep us busy this week. But enough talk! On this week’s show, revel in the North American new releases for August 5th, 2014, catch up on LittleBigPlanet 3 in our new Toggle-centric interview with senior producer Tom ‘O Connor, and learn what’s keeping us busy in The Last of Us Remastered.

Subscribe via iTunes or RSS, or download here

Stuff We Talked About

• LittleBigPlanet 3
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Road Not Taken
  • Metrico
  • Rogue Legacy

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com or leave a voice message! 650-288-6706

The Cast

+ dkarlowicz10 on August 3rd, 2014 at 6:52 pm said:

I love my PS4, but I feel that Vita is being ignored by the Western developers. Take away PS4 remote, Japanese and Indie games and you have not much out there for PS Vita. We need open world games like GTA, Infamous, Syphon Filter, etc. Also, still no NBA, NHL, WWE and only one Madden game. At this point, I would love to see San Andreas HD with trophies. Bring some more love to the Vita and get Capcom, EA, Konami and most importantly 2K (Rockstar) to come back to the Vita.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on August 3rd, 2014 at 9:39 pm said:

Good notes, thanks for the feedback!

+ LuiSpartanMIMIMI on August 3rd, 2014 at 6:57 pm said:

Sid, can you please do me a great favor?

Tell Sumo Digital to make the motion controller OPTIONAL in LittleBIGPlanet 3.

On every LBP game I always hated the fact that Sackboy’s head move with DualShock/Vita movement. My Sackboy always looks up, and to make him look to the center of the screen, I need to hold the controller in a uncomfortable way.

I asked this many times to Media Molecule, but they never listened. And I’m not the only one who complain about this.

That’s my only ask regarding LittleBIGPlanet 3.

Thank you very much.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on August 3rd, 2014 at 9:39 pm said:

Ah, I know what you mean. I’ll ask around!

+ DelicaGunz on August 3rd, 2014 at 7:23 pm said:

I am absolutely excited about the new LBP 3 game. I wish they would have made a sequel to LBP Karting for the PS4.

Is there any way to voice how much we need the PS Vita to get some support. Its an amazing machine and it should be kicking some ass with great AAA games and even Vita only games. Why not fighting games and so on. I wouldn’t mind more collections like Jak & Daxter and similar games. Let’s give the Vita more Life.

+ Clocktowe015 on August 3rd, 2014 at 7:29 pm said:

@1, WWE 2K15 is not coming to PS Vita get Outta here with that

+ jeffsmither on August 3rd, 2014 at 8:31 pm said:

When can we get dark cloud 2 as classic on psn?
Also when does playstation now add games on it?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on August 3rd, 2014 at 9:40 pm said:

I’d love that. As for PS Now – stay tuned. New games should be coming regularly. If you’re on Twitter, we’ll tweet them out on @PlayStation

+ rabidninjamonky on August 3rd, 2014 at 9:01 pm said:

Is that new music for the interview lead in? I never noticed it before and I just wanted to say it’s pretty badass! I really want to play Rogue Legacy right now, but I’m kinda scared. I’ve already broke my e-cig and my nightstand out of anger playing it, not to mention I had to bite down on a shirt yesterday because I kept screaming obscenities.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on August 3rd, 2014 at 9:40 pm said:

We’ve been using it for almost a year now, but glad you like it! I need to get my mitts on Rogue Legacy ASAP.

+ Mayoubaz2 on August 3rd, 2014 at 9:41 pm said:

Yeah we need big support for PS VITA

+ xobter on August 3rd, 2014 at 10:00 pm said:

@ Sid: I think you’ll love Rogue Legacy. It brings a sense of progression to the roguelike genre.

I’ve always liked roguelike games, but never stayed with them for long because after playing them I never feel like I’ve gotten anywhere. Rogue Legacy fixes that problem, and still has plenty of hours of gameplay.

+ colef10 on August 3rd, 2014 at 10:58 pm said:

What the hell has gotten into you guys over there at Playstation??? I feel like I’m stealing getting Road Not Taken, Fez, Metrico, and Dragon’s Crown ALL free this month. They say that Playstation has been profiting recently. With all these amazing games we get free w/ PS+, there’s NO way those reports could possibly be true. Can’t wait for Tuesday and keep up the great work on the Blogcast!

+ TimMalouff on August 3rd, 2014 at 11:23 pm said:

Why did we never get a PS4 Guacamole upgrade option like Europe did?

We only have the full version no upgrade option.

+ rabidninjamonky on August 4th, 2014 at 1:09 am said:

@ Sid You should definitely get Rogue Legacy, I mainly got mad because I accidently overwrote my lvl 85 crosssave and had to restart, but I’m back to lvl 38 and still addicted. I actually wasn’t going to get it, but I took a chance and preordered it the day before it came out because of the discount, and it’s way better than I was expecting. I wish there were better games in that play promotion though. I know Binding of Isaac Rebirth and Velocity 2X are coming soon, and I would have loved to seen those 2 in this promotion instead of any of the others. Hohokum and Counterspy do look interesting though, but they don’t excite me enough to take a chance, especially when we’ll probably get them free in the IGC in a month or two anyway. Rogue Legacy is worth every penny though.

+ BlaqMagiq24 on August 4th, 2014 at 1:17 am said:

Will our DLC and story collectibles transfer from LBP2 to PS4 version of LBP3?

I need an answer please.

+ SupertoastGT on August 4th, 2014 at 3:33 am said:

I’m with BlaqMagiq24 on wondering if our PS3 LBP2 profile can be used on LBP3 on the PS4 version. It would be a huge loss to find out we can’t keep our unlocked stuff, especially since with LBP2 level compatability, all that will be in the game anyway. Can someone please confirm that for us? Anyone in the community who has a PS4 is dying to know. We truely do need an answer.

Thanks. :D

+ xsagon on August 4th, 2014 at 5:36 am said:

Akiba’s Strip 2 won’t be available on PSN this coming 8th ? I thought they released it nationwide this August

+ snakeeyes211 on August 4th, 2014 at 5:37 am said:

When are we getting HBO go for the PS4?

+ winterdust on August 4th, 2014 at 6:44 am said:

Unrelated, but…. what happened to the ps blog mobile site? Maybe it’s just me but all I get on my phone now is the desktop version. :/

+ Teflon02 on August 4th, 2014 at 6:55 am said:

Can someone get the game breaking glitch in ratchet 1 on planet pokitaru patched please. It just did it while I was on my platinum run. Now I gotta start over …

+ Teflon02 on August 4th, 2014 at 6:59 am said:

This is on the Vita Ratchet collection NA digital

+ TeamGreen615 on August 4th, 2014 at 7:42 am said:

I’m going to listen to what you fellars have to say while I mow my yard. Thanks for making yard work a little bit better with a weekly Blogcast.

+ woj4wojo on August 4th, 2014 at 11:14 am said:

Many players do not know about MediEvil and certainly would have liked them. I would ask for the continuation of a series of games MediEvil on playstation 4 or restoration of the series in hd collections.

+ MrPonuraski on August 4th, 2014 at 11:27 am said:

Obligatorily, #Suikoden2onPSStore.

I know that Konami is (finally) willing so it’s time for SCEA to make that EBOOT!

+ NoNameNoPlane on August 4th, 2014 at 12:39 pm said:

POST SOMETHING I’m Giving Up On You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ hazelcabug on August 4th, 2014 at 12:42 pm said:

Not gonna support another handheld gaming sony device. Thanks SONY AMERICA/EUROPE for abandoning the PS VITA!

+ Tinye310 on August 4th, 2014 at 5:14 pm said:

I disagree about the #1 post. I mean the remote play is a feature of the ps4 and should be included as a whole with all it’s other games. and EVEN if you remove that feature the Vita has a TON of games. I don’t think these big AAA games need to be on the Vita but the occasional one does come along. Overall the Vita has something for everyone I just don’t see it lacking at all.

+ realgone79 on August 4th, 2014 at 8:09 pm said:

Hey Sid, do you know why Singstar hasn’t had any new songs added in nearly 3 months? It used to get new content monthly.

+ ChibsSoA on August 5th, 2014 at 12:51 am said:

As far as TLOU remastered photo mode goes, I think I snapped a glorious picture that people can appreciate:

Alternate angle:

+ rager64 on August 5th, 2014 at 1:37 pm said:

When can we expect dragons crown and fez for ps3 ? I’m so excited !

+ Globalisateur on August 5th, 2014 at 4:20 pm said:

LBP3 interests me. But the 30fps on PS4 is really a missed opportunity to improve the laggy controls (with a 60fps game) recurrent of the serie.

Please for LBP4 on PS4 you really have to target for 60fps!! Seriously 1080p60fps is the future on PS4!

+ wally-217 on August 5th, 2014 at 6:34 pm said:

@#2 Press L3?

@#28 30 fps is necessary for backwards compatibility as 60fps would mess up some people’s (very complex) logic. As long as LBP stays backwards compatible, your only ever going to get 30 fps and it would never drop support for LB1+2 levels.

+ bbswarrior_11 on August 6th, 2014 at 5:21 am said:

Man, grounded is the way to go for your first playthrough, provided you`ve beaten the game on ps3 on survivor. Now that`s a difficutly level. Enemies are unforgiving, it`s very hard to even melee some of them, like runners, which on other difficulties are much easier. I`ve died plenty of times but I`m still hanging, currently in Tommy`s dam chapter.

+ hazelcabug on August 8th, 2014 at 9:58 am said:

Since Sony America are abandoning AAA titles on vita, how about making the possibility of having multi-account on vita just like ps3. So that we can freely buy and play r3 games on our r1 account.

+ hazelcabug on August 8th, 2014 at 10:14 am said:

Or at least make r3 game’s DLC become region-free? that way r1 vita community will be more delighted to import r3 games.