PS4-The Order

This Week in PlayStation: Reaper of Surgeons

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Aug 09, 2014 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

Gamescom is right around the corner! It may be happening in Germany, but that doesn’t mean we won’t be having some fun too. Keep an eye on ye olde PlayStation.Blog next week for full details on US-relevant announcements.

This week, we found out that Blizzard will keep the updates coming for Diablo III on PS4, The Last of Us got some new add-ons (on PS3 and PS4), we took a look back at July’s top PS Store sellers, we got release dates for Velocity 2X (9/2) and Surgeon Simulator Anniversary Edition (Tuesday), and this month’s PlayStation Plus lineup went live (yes, you can download the whole set right now).

What are you playing?

• I’m playing: The Last of Us Remastered, Rogue Legacy, FF14
  • I’m watching: Guardians of the Galaxy (again)
  • I’m listening to: RX Bandits, Anamanaguchi

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

This Month’s Free PS Plus Games

95x95_proteus95x95_roadnottaken95x95_metrico95x95_crysis395x95_fez95x95_dragonscrown

Most-Watched Video of the Week

PlayStation Blogcast 129

32 Comments

+ Sonicfan11589 on August 9th, 2014 at 10:52 am said:

I’ve never played Diablo but I pre-ordered the new game for PS4 along with Plants Vs. Zombies. Can’t wait!

+ Sonicfan11589 on August 9th, 2014 at 10:52 am said:

Just to let u guys know, on the Vita PSN store front, it doesn’t list PS1 Classics, could someone fix that so it is easier to locate the PS1 games.

+ Sonicfan11589 on August 9th, 2014 at 10:54 am said:

Oh, and I’m playing:
Resident Evil (2002 Remake) in anticipation of playing it on PS4 early next year.
Watching: Just finished watching Ren and Stimpy series on DVD.

+ rabidninjamonky on August 9th, 2014 at 11:17 am said:

I’m playing: Rogue Legacy and Hexyz Force
I’m watching: Preseason Football, Big Brother, Season 4 of the Killing, and that new Freedom Wars hands on video starring Justin Massongill! Hah

@Sonicfan 11589 There is a scrolling banner on the top of vita store that has PS1 classics.

+ Rezolution77 on August 9th, 2014 at 11:20 am said:

Listening to – Cry for me – September
Watching – Merlin – Netflix
Playing – Max Payne 3, FF X Vita , and everything during the Superhero Sale.

Loving that Final Fantasy sale.

Persona 4 has got nothing on my FFX / X-2
Looking forard to xii-2, but woe is my wallet, (sniffles) still wanted Lightning Returns, and disk only for xiii.

+ Rezolution77 on August 9th, 2014 at 11:21 am said:

And its Cry for You….doh.

+ Sonicfan11589 on August 9th, 2014 at 11:22 am said:

@4 That I knew, but it should still be on the list on the bottom half of the vita screen.

+ spacemonkeyham on August 9th, 2014 at 11:53 am said:

Playing: Rogue Legacy (I might never beat The Fountain), Swapper

Looking forward to Diablo 3 on PS4, Velocity 2X (although I worry the latter will give me motion sickness!)

+ DonArmageddon on August 9th, 2014 at 12:05 pm said:

Playing Persona 3 Portable on my Vita, crazy value at 5 bucks. (it’s still delisted on the Vita store, by the way :/)

Hohokum next week!

+ dodgedoors on August 9th, 2014 at 12:06 pm said:

Playing D3 I’m on my inferno run. Just Platted P4G last week (eat it gameovergreggy)

Watching: True Detective and Rick and Morty

Listening: Tom Waits “Beautiful Maladies”

+ rabidninjamonky on August 9th, 2014 at 12:12 pm said:

@7 Yeah, it should, that vita store is a mess now. Half of the vita sales from this week have been inexplicably removed from the store. I was thinking about buying Gungnir last night for $5, but couldn’t find it and I was too lazy to get my laptop. Hopefully since Playstation Mobile is now dead, they will completely revamp the store soon.

+ Bob-omb on August 9th, 2014 at 12:37 pm said:

What FFXIV server do you play on?

Hyperion here~

+ Tinye310 on August 9th, 2014 at 12:44 pm said:

Props to you for listening to Anamanaguchi! and I got to say, Blizzard affirming post-release updates was HUGE! well done. :D

Playing: FF14, Firefall
Watching: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

+ EJStrat on August 9th, 2014 at 2:24 pm said:

Playing: TLoU Remastered, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Watching: Attack on Titan
Reading: The Golden Sentence

+ JeRzYzFyNeSt on August 9th, 2014 at 2:53 pm said:

add me to play diablo!!! even if its just to have you on my friends list to kill the beasts the kill you guys when they come into my game =) PSN is my username on the blog

+ wally_mammoth on August 9th, 2014 at 3:26 pm said:

Playing: Dragons Crown ps vita, and Dark Souls 2

Watching: Epic Rap Battles of History

Listening: Mastodon “Once More ‘Round the Sun”

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on August 9th, 2014 at 4:05 pm said:

Very interested in diablo 3. not sure yet

Playing Borderlands 2 (ps3 and vita), Dragons Crown

+ Deffy– on August 9th, 2014 at 5:22 pm said:

Looking forward to Diablo III as I didn’t get to play it on any other platform. Love the fact it’s co-op!!!!

Feel free to add me to team up: Deffy–

+ SeanStrange on August 9th, 2014 at 8:04 pm said:

I’m playing: Killzone Shadow Fall, Child of Light and Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate
I’m watching: The GameOverGreggy and Rooster Teeth podcasts
I’m listening to: Combichrist, Transistor OST

Not sure if I’ll pick up the new Diablo III on my PS4 right away. Might hold off on it for a bit before diving in.

+ stalepie on August 9th, 2014 at 11:05 pm said:

Playing: Heretic, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Papo & Yo, Killzone 3, Of Orcs and Men, Catherine, SanctuaryRPG, Painkiller
Watching: The Earth Dies Screaming, The X-Files, various UFO crap on YouTube
Listening to: Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune (damN! again), Papo & Yo soundtrack, Future, Demi Lovato, Fred Cheng

looking forward to… Evil Within? PvZ: Garden Warfare? Don’t know! Too many delays, remasters and indies. Playstation Now is the best part of PS4 so far.

+ fasteddy357 on August 9th, 2014 at 11:54 pm said:

Can’t wait till UEE comes to PS4 on the 19th.

+ honkayjeezus on August 10th, 2014 at 12:02 am said:

Please tell me there won’t be 80 pieces of DLC for Diablo on launch like Last Of Us, Sony…

I am getting fatigued with this.

+ nextleveltaken on August 10th, 2014 at 12:46 am said:

I’m playing: The Last of Us Remastered, Octodad, Dead Nation, Sonic & Racing All-Stars Transformed, Professor Layton
I’m watching: Modern Family, Conan O’ Brien, OTNB,Twilight Zone reruns
I’m listening to: Disturbed, Staind, Linkin Park, P.O.D., Lupe Fiasco, Lamar Kendrick

+ honkayjeezus on August 10th, 2014 at 2:39 am said:

Are you guys just chin-checking lawsuits this week instead of answering questions?

+ saintaqua on August 10th, 2014 at 9:49 am said:

I’m playing Dragon’s Crown.
Watching Sailor Moon,
And listening to Disney music.

+ ch8882002usnavy on August 10th, 2014 at 4:02 pm said:

I’m playing: Marvel Heroes 2015
I’m watching: Lucy. Futurama, American Dad, Family Guy
I’m listening to: Sublime station on Pandora

+ Gurizito14 on August 11th, 2014 at 1:08 am said:

Already pre-ordered Diablo III ;) Can´t wait. Now playing Remastered and Injustice

+ KidGreengene on August 11th, 2014 at 5:20 am said:

- Hearthstone… and pretty much nothing else. Been addicted lately.
- Hemlock Grove… horrible acting but season 1 kept me watching nonetheless. Season 2, however, is a$$ so far.
- FFL podcasts all this month until my draft.

+ durtplay on August 11th, 2014 at 5:24 am said:

I’m playing: The Last Of Us Remastered, New ‘N’ Tasty: Oddworld Abe’s Odyssey, FIFA 14, and FFIX (PSONE)

im watching: law and order: criminal intent, gunsmoke, Hogans Heroes

Im Listening to: Rdio, pandora,

+ xLostPunkFoundx on August 11th, 2014 at 9:25 am said:

I want Diablo III: UEE, but do not think it will get the attention it deserves once Destiny drops. :-/ Decisions, decisions.

I’m playing: The Last of Us: Remastered, Battlefield 4

I’m watching: Hemlock Grove S02

I’m listening to: Adam WarRock, Have Nots

…and Justin, ups for the RX Bandits…great band!

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on August 11th, 2014 at 9:27 pm said:

I have Diablo III downloaded but will Reaper of Surgeons be a addon ?????

+ jcgoodekillz on August 11th, 2014 at 9:40 pm said:

im sorry sony please dont get mad at me but when can developers ever make a game thats deffrient and dyfyes from everything else i mean i really want to buy a ps4 but im tired of the same old games that come out for console
example mgs cod kzone fps in general space games but verry rare look at all the pc games thats alot of pc games i love you sony i just wan something defrient