PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 8/12/2014

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Aug 10, 2014 // Social Media Specialist

The Drop

Some games are easy to explain, with straight-forward objectives and recognizable modes of play. Then there’s the smile-inducing Hohokum.

Hohokum launches Tuesday as part of the PS Store Play on PS4, PS3, and PS Vita as a cross buy, cross save experience. In it, you guide a curious kite-like being through a colorful playground in which you alone decide your goals, pace, and purpose. Explore the eccentric cast contained within, uncover unusual secrets, bathe in a swath of colors, and kick back to melodic tunes befitting this atypical gaming adventure.

But that’s just the beginning. Read on for a complete list of games coming to PlayStation, and — as always — enjoy the Drop!

Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited
Gravity Crash Ultra
Hohokum
My Singing Monsters
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
Risen 3: Titan Lords
Surgeon Simulator: Anniversary Edition

New PlayStation Games This Week

Akiba’s Trip: Undead and Undressed
PS3, PS Vita — Digital, Retail
Travel through Tokyo’s Akihabara ward with more than 130 real-life shops represented. Make anything a weapon, and uncover a hidden threat in a satirical storyline that plays off of anime and video game tropes.
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited
PS Vita — Digital, Retail
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited is the revamped, portable version of the hit PS3 game. It features new spells, returning game systems from previous Disgaea adventures, and even a new story scenario! Comes packed with all the DLC from the PS3 version.
Gravity Crash Ultra
PS Vita — Digital
What can you expect from Gravity Crash Ultra? The devs have it running at the Vita’s native resolution at a smooth-as-butter 60 frames per second. The lighting and visual effects have been given a makeover, turning the particles up to eleven. Explosions, weapon effects, a refined graphics renderer, better lighting… the list goes on. And that’s just the visuals!
Hohokum
PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)
Take on the role of a curious, flying, kite-like being and travel to colorful, curious worlds waiting to be discovered. Interact with characters and environments to uncover secrets, or simply roam at your own pace and be amused at the surprises that unfold.
My Singing Monsters
PS Vita — Digital
Collect, breed, and listen to your monsters sing. You have never seen a game like this before. Populate an island and watch what happens. Create unique havens by landscaping and arranging your creatures.
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
PS Vita — Digital
Smooth animation, retro 8-bit graphics, and intense gameplay with four-player online/offline co-op.
Risen 3: Titan Lords
PS3 — Digital, Retail
The world has been abandoned by its gods and is scarred from the rampage of the Titans. Humanity is struggling to regain strength and rally its forces. You, however, have more pressing concerns: your own life has been shattered and you must set off to reclaim what is lost amidst the darkness that is spreading throughout the world.
Surgeon Simulator: Anniversary Edition
PS4 — Digital
This version of the game contains all of the best parts from the PC and iOS versions, all in one convenient package for your gaming pleasure. The eye and teeth transplants and trolley mode from the iOS version of the game are all here, as well as the original operating theatre, ambulance, space and alien spacecraft operations. And… they work on a CONTROLLER. The future is here!

Demos and Betas

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited — PS Vita Demo

The information above is subject to change without notice.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Alucard-XII on August 10th, 2014 at 10:09 am said:

Welcome back

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on August 10th, 2014 at 10:10 am said:

Thank you!

+ djsaiyan on August 10th, 2014 at 10:10 am said:

Akiba’s Trip and Disgaea 4 for me this week.

To everyone else getting Akiba’s Trip, are you going PS3 or Vita?

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on August 10th, 2014 at 10:14 am said:

Nice! Hope you enjoy them both.

+ poodude on August 10th, 2014 at 10:12 am said:

Hohokum, Akiba’s Trip and Gravity Crash for me.

@djsaiyan I’m going for the Vita version.

+ AmericanNinja1 on August 10th, 2014 at 10:12 am said:

Hey Ryan,

Any word on if Metro Redux be available to pre-order for PS4 on the PS Store?

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on August 10th, 2014 at 10:13 am said:

Hey thanks for the question! I don’t have that information available at the moment, I’ll look into it.

Cheers!

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on August 10th, 2014 at 10:15 am said:

Good week for Vita.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on August 10th, 2014 at 10:16 am said:

Enjoy!

+ AmericanNinja1 on August 10th, 2014 at 10:16 am said:

Ok cool, thanks Ryan!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on August 10th, 2014 at 10:17 am said:

Of course! You may also want to ping Deep Silver on Twitter or on their forums, as they are the publisher and may have that information!

+ chippychan on August 10th, 2014 at 10:16 am said:

@ djsaiyan, Akiba’s Trip and Disgaea 4 for me as well this week. Going for the PS3 version of Akiba’s Trip since my Vita will be full of Disgaea 4 goodness. :)

Probably going to pick up Surgeon Simulator too (if the price is right) and possibly Risen 3. So many games!!

+ guyminsberghe on August 10th, 2014 at 10:17 am said:

Akiba’s Trip? And Phantom Breaker? YESSSSSS!!!

+ djsaiyan on August 10th, 2014 at 10:17 am said:

Ohhhhhhh wait I just realized that we’re getting the PS4 version of Akiba’s Trip by the holidays.

Oh man now I REALLY don’t know what to do.

+ prosperoust on August 10th, 2014 at 10:18 am said:

Any word on price for Surgeon Simulator?

+ DarkOne_PR on August 10th, 2014 at 10:21 am said:

Still hoping for a PS all Stars 2 on ps4… with a capable team handling it…

+ TAG_Smiley on August 10th, 2014 at 10:23 am said:

Hi Ryan.!

Beyond!!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on August 10th, 2014 at 10:26 am said:

Hi! Beyond! Thanks for stopping by.

+ o-AuZZie on August 10th, 2014 at 10:23 am said:

BEYOND!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on August 10th, 2014 at 10:26 am said:

Beyond!

+ JeRzYzFyNeSt on August 10th, 2014 at 10:23 am said:

Any news on more apps for my PS4? lol

im satisfied with my PS4 but i want more apps… Maybe a Espn app, Fios app. i want to be able to use my PS4 to watch some Sports or TV…

other then that im really happy will be getting that Blue DS4 at gamestop tuesday and Hohokum and Diablo 3 on the 19th

+ CBLIEK on August 10th, 2014 at 10:24 am said:

When will nba2k15 be available to pre order on the playstation network store? Thank you for any information regarding this question, have a great day!

+ MakoSoul on August 10th, 2014 at 10:28 am said:

I still can’t decide if I should trust SMS and just pre-order Hohokum, or wait for reviews. Time is running out.

+ Breakfast450 on August 10th, 2014 at 10:28 am said:

Just an question why is it that Uncharted 4 and next year games can be up’s for preorder already when games like these come out this week are not even on the store yet?

+ jchill001 on August 10th, 2014 at 10:29 am said:

I heard akibas trip isn’t cross buy, why not? I would’ve bought it day 1 if it was but now I’m going to wait

+ charleschannels on August 10th, 2014 at 10:32 am said:

Nothing seems worthwhile for me :( (I’m a PS4 user). I will play Surgeon Simulator when it’s free for plus.

+ djsaiyan on August 10th, 2014 at 10:33 am said:

@18

Because it’s the publisher’s discretion whether or not they want to make a title cross-buy, not Sony’s. If you want your voice to be heard on that subject, contact XSEED. It was their call.

+ davidbustillos on August 10th, 2014 at 10:34 am said:

Hey so just wondering when does helldivers come out? U said summer of 2014 ?

+ Thelastgunstar on August 10th, 2014 at 10:37 am said:

8/12 – Akiba’s Trip, Phantom Breaker, Gravity Crash Ultra, Disgaea 4
8/19 – Tales of Xillia 2, Sword Art Online
8/25 – Fall Semester Starts

So much Greatness, so little time.

+ TeamGreen615 on August 10th, 2014 at 10:40 am said:

Ryan, I think you have earned a new nickname. The Hurricane! I can hear it now when you get introduced on the Blogcast. WWE music hits “Stand back, There’s a hurricane coming through!”. Hawaii doesn’t usually get weather like that.

+ pablofsi08 on August 10th, 2014 at 10:43 am said:

I don’t like eccentric stuff.

+ Viewtiful_Gene on August 10th, 2014 at 10:49 am said:

Hell yeah.
Buying Akiba’s Trip: Undead and Undressed for sure next weekend.
Thank you Based XSeed!

+ PZDugna on August 10th, 2014 at 10:50 am said:

It was almost all Vita this week, almost…..and I have no money to buy any of this >.<

+ MrPonuraski on August 10th, 2014 at 10:52 am said:

Suikoden 2 on the PS Store as a PS1 Classic.

+ Naksito on August 10th, 2014 at 11:06 am said:

Hey Ryan!Your Back!Welcome Back!By the Way Is Any Of These Games Free to Play?

+ Sonicfan11589 on August 10th, 2014 at 11:08 am said:

Nothing for me this week but NEXT WEEK!
-Diablo III (My first Diablo game)
-Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
-That 3D platformer that releases on PSN.

+ Solid_Duff on August 10th, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

Finally, I’ve been looking forward to Hohokum for such a long time. The soundtrack is awesome. Have you had a chance to play the game Ryan?

+ I7xELEMENTx7I on August 10th, 2014 at 11:10 am said:

May I ask, what will be the file size for Akiba’s Trip?

+ MrPonuraski on August 10th, 2014 at 11:11 am said:

Akiba’s Trip 2 seems interesting, but I would much rather see YAKUZA 5 as far as digital trips to Japan go.

+ Phenex7 on August 10th, 2014 at 11:12 am said:

Still waiting for FF 20th Anniversary Editions on PSN.

+ DeathGazer on August 10th, 2014 at 11:52 am said:

Hohokum, finally!

+ MapleStory on August 10th, 2014 at 11:58 am said:

Amazing week for Vita owners, got Hohokum pre-ordered, most definitely getting Akiba’s Trip, and (the long delayed) Phantom Breaker!

+ italodancemp3 on August 10th, 2014 at 12:02 pm said:

Wow nice Vita’s week,keep adding Vita games and stop PS3

+ LightOfValkyrie on August 10th, 2014 at 12:25 pm said:

Nice, Akiba’s Trip comes out 3 days after my birthday. Late birthday present for me. Wish it was cross buy, though.

+ AizawaYuuichi on August 10th, 2014 at 12:51 pm said:

@ djsaiyan: I was going to get Akiba’s Trip for my Vita, but then I heard it’s coming to the PS4, so I think I’m just gonna wait for that version to come out instead.

Definitely picking up Hohokum as I already pre-ordered it, and just might jump on PBBG depending on how much it costs. Nice Drop this week.

+ Superstone on August 10th, 2014 at 1:09 pm said:

Where are the psone & ps2 classics? Make ps2 classics playable on the vita!!

+ djsaiyan on August 10th, 2014 at 1:30 pm said:

@38 AizawaYuuichi

Yeah, I think I’m going to do the same. Hopefully it’s at a similar price point, or at least only has the $10 next gen tax. If it hits at $69.99 (I’m in Canada), I’ll probably just snag the Vita version then.

+ DJ_VinylScratch on August 10th, 2014 at 1:40 pm said:

How about a third Siren game, or at least Siren 2 released as PS2 classic?

+ PanTheMan16 on August 10th, 2014 at 1:47 pm said:

Pretty strange that there has been no announcement of Risen 3 here. I know it’s a popular franchise on PC, but since it’s also on PS3 you’d think someone would have said something about it. lol
Shame it’s not on PS4 though. It’s all I play now, especially since my PS3’s HDD crapped out and I’ve been procrastinating replacing it, even though I probably have 3 extras lying around. -.-

+ Ragna0088 on August 10th, 2014 at 1:49 pm said:

Akiba’s Trip for me this week.I wouod grab Disgaea 4,but SAO:HF releases next week.My luck just sucks.

+ Ragna0088 on August 10th, 2014 at 1:50 pm said:

would*.I wish I could edit my comment

+ GET_MO_916 on August 10th, 2014 at 1:59 pm said:

Whats up with a Madden 15 Demo?!?!? I got madden fever man, I need my fix…

+ Mando44646 on August 10th, 2014 at 2:34 pm said:

Nice to see some non-Indie content on Vita for once! I hope Disgaea 4 is better than 3 as well

+ Jakeman14 on August 10th, 2014 at 2:37 pm said:

one more week till Diablo 3!!! :D

+ Amir_G_M_US on August 10th, 2014 at 2:38 pm said:

Great week for the PS Vita!!!!!!

PLEASE SONY – WE WANT FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 FOR PS VITA TOO!!!!
SONY, THE PUBLIC HAD ALREADY BEGGED SQUARE ENIX – NOW IT’S YOUR TURN!
DO NOT TURN YOUR BACK ON US THE VITA OWNERS, YOU ALREADY DID SOME DISAPPOINTING THINGS – PLEASE MAKE IT UP TO US

+ TomHoang on August 10th, 2014 at 2:46 pm said:

Akiba’s Trip on Vita and Hohokum on PS4 for me this week. Each week for the next couple months has a great release that I will be buying. It looks like publishers are finally getting the message that they can release games in the summer!

+ NMeck702 on August 10th, 2014 at 2:49 pm said:

I’ve been looking forward to getting my hands on Hohokum since E3. Looks like a nice relaxing game with pretty visuals and great music.

PAGE 1 2 3