PS4-The Order

Bloodborne: Gamescom PS4 Gameplay Trailer

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Aug 12, 2014 // Senior Manager, Social Media

The PlayStation Gamescom press conference is over, but the story is just beginning for Bloodborne — the new PS4-exclusive action-RPG being developed by From Software and SCE Japan Studio. See the latest below.

Just think. This week in Cologne, Germany, thousands of lucky gamers will get a chance to go hands-on with Bloodborne while the rest of us pursue fruitless endeavors like working, sleeping, and bathing. For now, we’ll have to make do with rewatching this video over and over while frantically scanning our RSS feeds for incoming hands-on editorial previews that should begin flowing tomorrow. You can also check out our Gamescom post-show for another short peek at some Bloodborne footage.

Check back here on PlayStation.Blog later this week for more information on the gameplay features being revealed this week at Gamescom. And maybe, just maybe, some hands-on thoughts of our own. See you soon!

23 Comments   1 Reply

+ lisatsunami on August 12th, 2014 at 2:57 pm said:

Back to the topic at hand, Bloodbourne looks fantastic but as someone who has played all 3 Souls games, the idea of a faster-paced, even more relentless Souls-type game seems a little too daunting. I’ll need to learn more.

+ dizeeStL on August 12th, 2014 at 3:05 pm said:

Yep, this is the killer app for the PS4. Looks awesome!

+ MarinoBrea on August 12th, 2014 at 3:07 pm said:

So the world might be mended….with blood! mwahahaahhahaa!

+ DrApollo on August 12th, 2014 at 3:20 pm said:

Thanks for rubbing it in Sid! But if I work…I can afford to buy Bloodborne!…So win, win! I mean…win…uh..er…lose…..D’oh!

+ lisatsunami on August 12th, 2014 at 3:24 pm said:

Back to Bloodbourne: same theme as the Souls game: you are searching for cure to a curse and have to fight like crazy against other cursed victims. I wonder about whether there will be same multiplayer features: forced invasions, messages, blood splatters, images of other players….

+ Mercenary09 on August 12th, 2014 at 3:30 pm said:

Glad to see the comments cleaned up! Bloodborne is looking incredible and I can’t wait to play it. Is it still coming Spring 2015 guys? Also wouldn’t mind seeing a collectors edition for it =)

+ shadysaiyanz on August 12th, 2014 at 3:32 pm said:

It looks so awesome!!! Can’t wait for it to release! I hope i don’t have to start far back though if i get destroyed by a big boss guy like that at the end.

+ Arkafazin on August 12th, 2014 at 3:40 pm said:

I need this!!!

+ boxmyth on August 12th, 2014 at 4:06 pm said:

This is #1 on my most wanted list.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on August 12th, 2014 at 7:59 pm said:

Me too!

+ JoshenReborn on August 12th, 2014 at 4:57 pm said:

That Scythe though. I did a spit take.

+ PrinceofXIII on August 12th, 2014 at 5:15 pm said:

Damn this game looks awesome!!

+ IcedDice777 on August 12th, 2014 at 7:51 pm said:

Waiting for Collectors Edition to preorder.

+ pinsandneedls on August 12th, 2014 at 8:38 pm said:

i hope the difficulty is on par with a souls game, I’m tired of flying through games. It kinda reminds me of nightmare creatures. can’t wait to see more…

+ xClayMeow on August 12th, 2014 at 8:42 pm said:

Looking a hell of a lot better than what was shown at E3!

+ guitarded77 on August 12th, 2014 at 9:39 pm said:

Prediction: This game will be AMAZING!!! I’m guessing it will come out about the same time as Uncharted 4 (like the other Uncharted and Souls games), so I can double dip in the awesome. Games like this are the reason I prefer PlayStation.

+ MR-BEN-ABDALLAH on August 12th, 2014 at 11:13 pm said:

i want to touch the rear of maiden in black! or a similair one in bloodborn!

+ EJStrat on August 13th, 2014 at 1:26 am said:

Man, From Software could make such a killer Castlevania game…

+ tusunami on August 13th, 2014 at 6:09 am said:

This game kinda reminds me of the anime from vampire hunter d I mean the story in a sense. But looking forward to this immensely.

+ Figboy on August 13th, 2014 at 7:50 am said:

I saw this live demonstrated at E3 this year, and it blew me away. Easily my game of the show. I absolutely cannot WAIT for it to finally release next year.

+ Dante_Espada on August 13th, 2014 at 8:36 am said:

Looks great.

+ BlueBl1zzard on August 13th, 2014 at 11:41 am said:

I’m glad to see so many action RPGs coming to PS4, this is on my must-buy list for sure.

@pinsandneedls I’m with ya on that difficulty.

Also, that scythe weapon at about 1:15….yes please.

+ Welmosca on August 13th, 2014 at 12:20 pm said:

I was surprised with the trailer and mostly with the gameplay showed on it…..damn it looks a helluva lot better than what I expected.Now I’m looking forward to it….actually to see more gameplay.I hope its more action focused than RPG.Anyway JapanStudio is involved so of course a great game would come from there.

+ CommandingTiger on August 14th, 2014 at 11:00 am said: