PS4-The Order

Introducing PS4 Exclusive WiLD

Michel Ancel's Avatar + Posted by Michel Ancel on Aug 12, 2014 // Founder, Wild Sheep

WiLD on PS4

Hello PlayStation.Blog! My name is Michel Ancel, you might know me best as the creator of the Rayman series, and Beyond Good & Evil for Ubisoft. Recently, I co-founded a new independent game studio in Montpellier, France along with a bunch of very talented guys and gals. We call ourselves Wild Sheep and together we are working on an exciting new game called… WiLD (working title).

When we started working on WiLD we wanted to make sure that we would have fun playing our own game even after months and months of development! This is the reason why the world of WiLD is the size of Europe, with dynamic weather and seasons, and filled with interactive opportunities that feel endless.

Every time you play you’ll discover new things, even in the same place as before. But… the best feature came from our prototyping phase when we started playing as wolves, horses, sheep and… even trout! So we decided that in WiLD every creature should be playable, even the giant and dangerous ones!

All these features combined, open so many new gameplay situations, especially when playing online. How you approach the game is up to you, what you do and even what you are – it’s all up to you.

WiLD on PS4WiLD on PS4

On the tech side, because WiLD is created exclusively for PlayStation 4, the game will use the full power of the console and all its crazy sharing capabilities.

It’s early days still, so that’s all we can tell you at the moment. We hope you like it, and we can’t wait to tell you more soon.

Thanks!

L’équipe est impatiente de vous faire decouvrir encore d’autres secrets de Wild!

50 Comments

+ G-Force08 on August 12th, 2014 at 5:19 pm said:

The game looks wild. ;)

Really looking forward to hearing more about it!

+ JoshenReborn on August 12th, 2014 at 5:23 pm said:

I really like the idea of being able to play as anything I want, but I guess the key question I have is what’s this game about? Is it a survival sim? Is it quest based? Can I level up my trout? Does my trout have a unique branching skill tree? Do I compete with other players, or are we working together to create some kind of multi-species utopia contributing resources towards a greater good?

+ chev327flatout on August 12th, 2014 at 5:26 pm said:

Seems like something Sony wanted to make to answer the Project Spark from MS. Now all they need to do is stop things like the new Tomb Raider from slipping away.

+ janusfilmsfan on August 12th, 2014 at 5:27 pm said:

Game of the show.

+ juggalorider on August 12th, 2014 at 5:30 pm said:

This sounds really fun, i dont speak French (its a usa website not France) so please translate or please use American English only

+ lisatsunami on August 12th, 2014 at 5:31 pm said:

This looked amazing during the Gamescom presentation. Playing as any living creature is definitely a fresh twist. I am squeamish about animal killing games, though, and I’m thinking that will be a big part of this?

+ Skater_Ricky on August 12th, 2014 at 5:32 pm said:

Game looks gorgeous. Look forward to finding out what there surviving for. I like the open world idea and the beauty that anything can be lurching nearby to scavenge your belongings, food, weapon’s. Hunting for food and making things to survive as well as making shelter to survive the WiLD and from the weather. Keep up the hard work. It will pay off. Beauty doesn’t happen over night.

Do we have a idea on a release window? Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter 2015? Either way it will be worth it.

+ Skater_Ricky on August 12th, 2014 at 5:34 pm said:

Translation:
“team is eager to make you even discover other secrets Wild !”

+ USRevenge2 on August 12th, 2014 at 5:37 pm said:

I hope it’s like tokyo jungle but 3d honestly.

+ Souledge94 on August 12th, 2014 at 5:37 pm said:

Im still confused about what this game is.

+ ossiecastro5 on August 12th, 2014 at 5:37 pm said:

This game looks incredible. I’ll keep an eye out for this. Good luck.

+ memortally on August 12th, 2014 at 5:39 pm said:

Congrats on your new studio Michel. I’m really happy to see something fresh from you. People like you should try new experience more often. You are pure genius and I am pretty sure Wild will be a hell of an experience for gamers.

Hopefully other amazing talented devs will follow and will try new things

(Kojima = MGS suckerpunch = infamous etc …)

+ HeavyToka on August 12th, 2014 at 5:43 pm said:

The tree ladies nipple is poking out between the tree lol

+ subsamuel01 on August 12th, 2014 at 5:49 pm said:

Man I want to play this game so bad, too bad it probably won’t be out for a while.

+ BeardyMcWhisker on August 12th, 2014 at 5:49 pm said:

This sounds so bizarre and I CANT WAIT. Please don’t stop looking into my dreams and making video games out of them.

+ juggalorider on August 12th, 2014 at 5:55 pm said:

@8 thanks

+ SporkimusPrime on August 12th, 2014 at 6:33 pm said:

I don’t really understand what I watched on this reveal, but it made my pants extend just a tad….

+ DarkHoop on August 12th, 2014 at 6:45 pm said:

This looks amazing!

+ MarkedByAshes on August 12th, 2014 at 6:47 pm said:

I love Michael Ancel’s work and this more than makes up for Crystal Dynamics. Xbox One can have Tomb Raider!

Merci beaucoup Michael Ancel! Vos jeux sont super!

+ DarkStar83x on August 12th, 2014 at 6:47 pm said:

Can’t wait!

+ SeanStrange on August 12th, 2014 at 7:10 pm said:

Looks astonishing

+ Deadpoolian on August 12th, 2014 at 7:22 pm said:

Probably the coolest announcement of the day for me! Huge open world where you can play as any living creature? Sign me up!

+ ivanhot9 on August 12th, 2014 at 7:32 pm said:

This games looks amazing! cant wait for it.

+ mettreidici on August 12th, 2014 at 7:37 pm said:

Et nous sommes impatients de jouer à ce titre ;)

+ Einhander138 on August 12th, 2014 at 7:44 pm said:

As long as it’s not digital only, I’ll be happy.

+ T7L3RB on August 12th, 2014 at 7:45 pm said:

Looks awesome! Big fan of Mr. Ancel’s work so I’ll definitely keep an eye on this.

+ Elvick_ on August 12th, 2014 at 7:50 pm said:

Michel, you are great. I’m really looking forward to this game, it seems really awesome. And it looks beautiful!

+ Teflon02 on August 12th, 2014 at 8:26 pm said:

what’s this games genre exactly, action, adventure, sandbox, hunter? Or maybe all lol?

+ Mando44646 on August 12th, 2014 at 8:43 pm said:

This sounds really cool. Looking forward to it!

+ Mando44646 on August 12th, 2014 at 8:43 pm said:

(Sounds a bit like a more open Tokyo Jungle as well)

+ gus_xl on August 12th, 2014 at 8:59 pm said:

This game honestly looks too good to come out. I, in all reality, do not believe you.

( R.I.P. Last Guardian / PS Vita / etc.. )

+ The_4th_Hokage_X on August 12th, 2014 at 9:07 pm said:

im actually kinda interested. i hope they add lions

+ BlaqMagiq24 on August 12th, 2014 at 11:16 pm said:

This game was a HUGE surprise at E3!

+ Sonic-Boom on August 12th, 2014 at 11:36 pm said:

@ #3 :
you do realize that microsoft is the one playing catch up to sony not the other way around .
how dare you compare this game to SPARK , spark is nothing more than an LBP rip off and fails at doing so ( subscriptions ).
really amazing game Sony thank you for giving us unique ideas .
btw i am buying tearaway unfolded on my ps4 for sure that game is a must along with lbp3 , and Rime .

+ loadstone007s on August 13th, 2014 at 12:07 am said:

Amazing reveal! Can’t wait to play this game, looks INCREDIBLE!

+ D-Squad3 on August 13th, 2014 at 1:58 am said:

Really excited to see more of this game. Gameplay PLEASE!

+ HazeBlaze on August 13th, 2014 at 2:40 am said:

The reveal was truly incredible… one of the real highlights of the show for me. I’m looking forward to learning more and can’t wait to see what type of game experience you bring to the PS4!!!

+ westendmatt on August 13th, 2014 at 4:31 am said:

It’s games like these that are keeping me excited for this gen. I can’t wait to dig into this! Show us more!

+ iREVOLTER on August 13th, 2014 at 7:24 am said:

Ancel Delivers!

+ Figboy on August 13th, 2014 at 7:46 am said:

You already had me at Michel Ancel (Beyond Good & Evil is one of my favorite games of all time), but then, when I heard about the concept, you had me looking for some carbonite I could freeze myself into and wake when the game is released. Very excited for this, and I wish you and your team the best in bringing this ambitious concept to life!

+ yentair on August 13th, 2014 at 8:27 am said:

@13 – You are correct, that is a nipple, good eye! lol
I think we should all expect some nudity in the WiLD.
This game sounds interesting, I’ll keep an eye out for more details.
BTW, the new Rayman games are fantastic, even the ones on android. I drained my smartphone and Vita batteries many times, playing through them.

+ Welmosca on August 13th, 2014 at 11:58 am said:

Oh man the trailer for this game was so great so promising…..what a shame that this is online only,all my excitement was dropped there….whats wrong with you people making online only games?…….a game isn’t a game without a SP option.Anyway plase consider the possibility.

+ Darkaxe72 on August 13th, 2014 at 6:52 pm said:

I find it hilarious that the Writer managed to slip in a boob/nipple shot of the chick satyr in the tree stump. Way to proof your pics LOL

+ Einhander138 on August 14th, 2014 at 1:17 am said:

Online only?

Ugh. Ew.

Why?

+ plaztiksyke on August 14th, 2014 at 8:28 am said:

looks cool. is the main character male-only, or can choices be made to have a female/trans character?

loved BG&E on original Xbox, and the HD “remaster” on PS3 was pretty decent.

does this new studio mean the work on BG&E 2 is on hold? or is Michel still on that project on a consulting/producing capacity?

+ MakoSoul on August 14th, 2014 at 9:30 am said:

This looks awesome, but please add dinosaurs.

+ MakoSoul on August 14th, 2014 at 9:30 am said:

Seriously, DINOSAURS!

+ oo7PorscheMGS on August 15th, 2014 at 4:13 pm said:

Ah, NOWONDER this game looks so FRESH, it’s made by the guy who created rayman and beyond good & evil! I will pay even closer attention to it now :) LOVE the look of it, can’t wait to see more of the gameplay.

+ Dragonsmana on August 15th, 2014 at 10:22 pm said:

This looks great! I hope there is an offline option, as the text may imply!

+ Firehawk991 on August 21st, 2014 at 12:46 pm said:

My favourite game on Gamescom. Incredible project. Already very excited for it.
Art looks amazing, love the fact that every animal will be playable.

Wild Sheep you are creating something that will be unforgettable.