Far Cry 4

Watch the Gamescom 2014 PlayStation Conference Today

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Aug 12, 2014 // Senior Manager, Social Media

It’s almost time! 10am Pacific Time today marks the start of PlayStation’s annual gamescom press conference in Cologne, Germany. And as per usual, our buds at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe are streaming the whole darned thing live — and you can watch it all right here (or on PlayStation Blog EU, if you want to soak in a bit of that European flair).

Watch the archived show here.

A quick note: much like E3 is targeted to the US audience and Tokyo Game Show is targeted at Japan, the gamescom press conference is primarily aimed at European gamers — please keep that in mind as you watch. Not everything mentioned or shown in today’s presentation will necessarily apply to those of us in North America. We’ll post on all appropriate things for the North American market right here, however, just as we always do.

Update: Here’s our live post-show, with new gameplay footage for Bloodborne, Until Dawn, and LittleBigPlanet 3:

Once the big show is over, come on back and we’ll have new trailers and in-depth details for many of the titles seen onstage. You might wanna keep our dedicated gamescom14 PS Blog tag handy, too, so you don’t miss a thing.

It won’t be long now. Let us know what you think!

149 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Jakeman14 on August 12th, 2014 at 9:04 am said:

Cant wait!

+ CrusaderForever on August 12th, 2014 at 9:06 am said:

Looking forward to some amazing news from Sony! Good luck!

+ BanzaiHeil on August 12th, 2014 at 9:06 am said:

I <3 you, Playstation.

+ zeothedeathgod on August 12th, 2014 at 9:07 am said:

Can’t wait. Lets get this going!!!

+ kcharris on August 12th, 2014 at 9:08 am said:

O.O Bloodborne gameplay please.

+ OtterX on August 12th, 2014 at 9:08 am said:

Here & waiting! :)

*Btw, PLEASE tell me Rise of the Tomb Raider is only a timed exclusive for XBox One? I’m not buying an XBox just for that game. I can wait if it is indeed coming later to PS4.

+ Charlielima718 on August 12th, 2014 at 9:09 am said:

Hope to get a official release date and more on Uncharted 4, since you can now preorder it at GameStop.

+ E3m3li_B3rg5tr0m on August 12th, 2014 at 9:11 am said:

Tomb Raider is a Xbox One exclusive? Well god damn it.

+ jgrizzle358 on August 12th, 2014 at 9:11 am said:

Will I be able to watch this on the PS4′s web browser?

+ MANDO31694 on August 12th, 2014 at 9:17 am said:

Great timing guys. I was about look up what time the Sony conference starts. And I was wondering how you guys feel about the new Tomb Raider being an Xbox One exclusive. I feel like it’s a mistake and just takes out the people who bought the Definitive Edition the PS4.

+ italodancemp3 on August 12th, 2014 at 9:20 am said:

Vita Vita Vita Vita Vita Vita

Please support the vita.,,

We need GTA,inFamous,Resident Evil on Vita.

+ hazelcabug on August 12th, 2014 at 9:20 am said:

Not hoping for AAA vita games since even PS4 is long to XBOX one in terms of exclusive games.

+ hazelcabug on August 12th, 2014 at 9:21 am said:

*losing to XBOX ONE

+ Anarckhy on August 12th, 2014 at 9:23 am said:

More GTA news !!! :D

+ lPxLEs on August 12th, 2014 at 9:24 am said:

Hey EVERYONE IM SO GEEKED XD

+ Rage_Justified on August 12th, 2014 at 9:25 am said:

Xbox and Square Enix are about to find out how much marketshare the Uncharted franchise holds. Please let Naught Dog release at the same time as RotTR. Time to slap SE and put it in its place.

+ Gibs420 on August 12th, 2014 at 9:26 am said:

Goodbye tomb raider. You sellout.

+ midoughoul on August 12th, 2014 at 9:27 am said:

ilove vita .please suport PS VITAAAAAAAAAA

+ guitarded77 on August 12th, 2014 at 9:27 am said:

Let the Greatness Begin!!! I need some good news after Crystal Dynamics sold out. Thank you Sony for spending money developing new, original exclusive titles instead of wasting money on timed exclusive 3rd party games.

+ knight_man84 on August 12th, 2014 at 9:28 am said:

BUZZING!!!!

+ SeanStrange on August 12th, 2014 at 9:29 am said:

Can’t wait to see more gameplay for upcoming games! 30 more minutes!

+ shuaDove on August 12th, 2014 at 9:30 am said:

Yes, Rise of the Tomb Raider is “exclusive on Xbox for holiday 2015.”

This specific wording is being reported by everyone. There’s a possibility it will come to Playstation consoles but Square-Enix will neither confirm nor deny this. This is typical since it’s most likely in their contract with Microsoft to stay tight lipped about it for a few months.

I’m still shocked at this news.

+ hazelcabug on August 12th, 2014 at 9:33 am said:

I’m not expert but IMO after acquisition of Playstation to the GAIKAI (a.k.a. PS NOW) the exclusive games are affected for ps4, ps3 especially for vita where SCEA/SCEE decided to stop making AAA vita games. Heck even ps4 exlusives is losing to xbox one.

+ jobs_Sartori on August 12th, 2014 at 9:33 am said:

Espero que não fique se repetindo a E3

+ BroKeN_23_ on August 12th, 2014 at 9:36 am said:

PLEASE have something BlockBuster!!! I’m watching m$ Gamecon presentation & i’m having my head BLOWN. It good to have competition, & yes they stumbled out at first, but they are catching their stride with their bundles, some Exclusives, & 1T edition. You guys have cool PS4 & have had many PS3 editions over seas, start bringing them over to this side over the world. Sony’s for Gamers, well guess what, m$ is bringing that message across loud & clear also now. The true battle begins now!! Many will cheer & many will cry. right bout now i’m shedding some tears. Sony please put the smile on my face like you always have.

+ perrandy on August 12th, 2014 at 9:37 am said:

hope that the streaming will be smooth 23 minutes to go

+ iREVOLTER on August 12th, 2014 at 9:37 am said:

Rise of the Tomb Raider is “exclusive on Xbox for holiday 2015.”

Final Fantasy XV is “exclusive on Playstation for holiday 2016.”

+ NagaSwan on August 12th, 2014 at 9:37 am said:

Gravity Rush 2 for Vita to be ported later to PS4. Drop the mic.

+ perrandy on August 12th, 2014 at 9:37 am said:

@irevolter you got it

+ TrueRadiantFree on August 12th, 2014 at 9:41 am said:

@NagaSwan aw yeah LOL

+ Charlielima718 on August 12th, 2014 at 9:42 am said:

@Tomb Raider Discussion
Let’s face it, PlayStation has the best action/adventure developer Naughty Dog. The Xbone has who? They need Tomb Raider to be exclusive to compete against it, but as we know it will be nearly impossible to beat Naughty Dog. I’m not distraught to learn that Tomb Raider is all there’s when I get to play the Last of Us whenever I please on my PS4.

+ Dothepenguin on August 12th, 2014 at 9:42 am said:

I don’t mind if Tomb Raider is going to be a Xbox exclusive… We have Uncharted :D

+ KazeEternal on August 12th, 2014 at 9:45 am said:

hopefully you guys can stick it to MS today. That Tomb Raider announcement really rubbed me the wrong way.

+ cvalladaresh2 on August 12th, 2014 at 9:45 am said:

Hi, Can anyone tell me how long before the press conference begins? I am not from United States. Thanks.

+ Eddo_Marin on August 12th, 2014 at 9:46 am said:

Give me Bloodborne!!!

Praise the Shu

+ Olavo_Junior on August 12th, 2014 at 9:47 am said:

Titanfall announcement :-)

+ Gibs420 on August 12th, 2014 at 9:49 am said:

No Man’s Sky is not on X1. Thats all that matters ;)

+ CyberSteak on August 12th, 2014 at 9:49 am said:

Here’s hoping Sony gives a big middle finger to Crystal Dynamics/Square Enix and MS.

+ SENCER_87 on August 12th, 2014 at 9:50 am said:

10 minutes till more greatness!

+ REALISTIC_US on August 12th, 2014 at 9:50 am said:

GO GO PlayStation ! :))

+ My_Name_Is_Age on August 12th, 2014 at 9:50 am said:

Am I the only one still waiting on a miracle reveal of R*’s ‘Agent’?

+ shuaDove on August 12th, 2014 at 9:52 am said:

I agree that Uncharted 4 is going to be much better. It’s also no coincidence that both games have similar soft release dates.

However, my biggest concern with MS has always been that when all else fails they will open up their wallets and buy exclusive rights to big, and mainly Sony or PC, franchises. The Tomb Raider announcement is very disappointing.

I’m interested to see what Sony brings. Perhaps, Resident Evil?

+ RE4LNOiZE_42 on August 12th, 2014 at 9:53 am said:

I’m not anticipating anything extraordinary for the Vita, to be honest. So if something good DO come along, I’ll only be pleasantly surprised. It was quite clear at E3 that Sony doesn’t really want to put the Vita forward. Also, later declarations made it clear that they’re not interested in anything “big” for the platform.

But I hope they’ll have new exclusive games for the PS4 to show. Because right now, there’s not much on the shelves, and I really need something to look forward to. At least a couple of exclusive games other than small indies… Nothing against them, some are really fun, but I didn’t buy a PS4 to play games I can already play on my PC (and for less, too).

+ iREVOLTER on August 12th, 2014 at 9:55 am said:

Hype Train! Chu chu mathafaka!

+ Techniverre1 on August 12th, 2014 at 9:58 am said:

j’ai hâte :) ( j’éspère qu’il y aura au moins une petite vidéo sur le gamplay de uncharted 4 )

+ Gibs420 on August 12th, 2014 at 9:58 am said:

TLOU 2

+ moecage on August 12th, 2014 at 9:59 am said:

There should be a PlayStation app for ps4 to see all events.

+ skyguy_6153 on August 12th, 2014 at 10:04 am said:

show support for us vita owners! DELIVER THE GOODS!!!!!!!! :D

+ plaztiksyke on August 12th, 2014 at 10:05 am said:

The embedded video in this post doesn’t work on PS4 browser. ugh :( :( :( :(

Please fix the PS4 web browser!

+ Alaann on August 12th, 2014 at 10:09 am said: