PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Diablo III on PS4: Sharing Your Adventure

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Aug 15, 2014 // Social Media Specialist

Why face the legions of the Burning Hells alone? In Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition, Blizzard has forged a first-class, couch co-op adventure where friends can face evil and collect huge piles of loot together.

In the second part of our exclusive behind-the-scenes series, Blizzard describes the new multiplayer features included in Ultimate Evil Edition. Send your comrades legendary gifts, take on an apprentice, and face the Nemesis of your friends list in a life-or-death showdown. Only the strongest heroes of Sanctuary stand a chance against Malthael’s forces, and they make a formidable opposition when they stand together.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition launches August 19th on PS4 and PS3. If you already began your quest on PS3, remember that you can bring your hero’s progress into Ultimate Evil Edition. Best of luck, Nephalem.

PAGE 1 2

+ Sonicfan11589 on August 15th, 2014 at 8:03 am said:

Looking forward to this along with other releases on Tuesday. :)

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on August 15th, 2014 at 10:17 am said:

Woot! Enjoy it.

+ Harerazer on August 15th, 2014 at 8:03 am said:

This is getting better and better. Beyond!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on August 15th, 2014 at 10:17 am said:

Oh yes. Beyond!

+ ZiggyPoopdust on August 15th, 2014 at 8:07 am said:

Oh my glory, RYAN I CAN’T WAIT!! Thanks buddy!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on August 15th, 2014 at 10:18 am said:

You’re very welcome!

+ JayeFlow on August 15th, 2014 at 8:15 am said:

BEYOND!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on August 15th, 2014 at 10:18 am said:

Beyond!

+ nikrel on August 15th, 2014 at 8:17 am said:

The features in this are amazing, It really feels like you folks at Blizzard put some thought into this rather than just porting it. I’ve been playing Blizzard games on PC for years.

Thank you.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on August 15th, 2014 at 10:18 am said:

I’m sure Blizzard feels the love!

+ DeviantBoi on August 15th, 2014 at 8:21 am said:

When are we going to be able to pre-load the game?

We need more than just one or two days. These games are just getting bigger and bigger in size.

+ ArmedOne78 on August 15th, 2014 at 8:30 am said:

Have Diablo III on PS3 and love it. Wife and I play together. We just can’t justify paying $60 again for it. Wish we could get SOME discount. Make it easier to purchase.

+ gold_og_roger on August 15th, 2014 at 8:34 am said:

Kudos to Blizzard for taking the time to do a polished post of this. The social and co-op features really make it stand out.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on August 15th, 2014 at 10:20 am said:

Hope you enjoy it!

+ Revolutionary on August 15th, 2014 at 8:43 am said:

“We want friends to stay friends while playing Ultimate Evil Edition”
Doesn’t sound very evil to me!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on August 15th, 2014 at 10:20 am said:

You’re the one that’s STOPPING the evil!

+ CrusaderForever on August 15th, 2014 at 8:46 am said:

Diablo III Reaper of Souls and CounterSpy on 8/19/14! Mind blown! Going to be an truly magnificent week on my PS4/Vita :)

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on August 15th, 2014 at 10:20 am said:

Yes indeed!

+ GummyCore on August 15th, 2014 at 8:48 am said:

Didn’t get an official answer last couple of times, trying again:

All PS4 games can be Remote Played on Vita, with the Vita taking over as the controller, controlling the player’s character.

Can Diablo 3 be Remote Played with the Vita (or Vita TV) controlling a second char? (Main char still being controlled by DS4. The Vita shows the same screen as the PS4. Basically couch co-op but each player has own controller and own screen. Some games, like Lego ones, can do this.)

+ CrusaderForever on August 15th, 2014 at 8:49 am said:

Also, thanks Blizzard for showing such class when DF found that FPS bug. I have even more respect that you took what DF found, researched it, found the problem and created a day one fix. Playstation faithful will never forget it!

+ D-Squad3 on August 15th, 2014 at 9:29 am said:

So no upgrade program? No thanks

+ AwRy108 on August 15th, 2014 at 9:44 am said:

So friggin’ psyched for this! Loved the vanilla PS3 version; going to adore this version.

+ Ryumoau on August 15th, 2014 at 9:53 am said:

i really wish there was a discount for people like me who bought the original diablo 3 digitally on psn. Sort of like how you guys did the $10 upgrade fee for the ps4 launch titles. I’d even be willing to pay a $25 fee.

As it stands, i’ll sadly just have to wait for a sale later this year. I loved Diablo 3 but i already platinumed the ps3 version and don’t want to double dip at full price.

+ ctorretta on August 15th, 2014 at 10:19 am said:

So stoked for this. Put 70-80 hours into the PC version at launch, but got burned out before Loot 2.0 kicked in. Now I get another chance to play it ‘as it should be played’, plus couch co-op!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on August 15th, 2014 at 10:27 am said:

Enjoy! I sunk more than 140 hours into my Wizard on the PC version! :-O

+ JeRzYzFyNeSt on August 15th, 2014 at 10:21 am said:

cant waittt..

add me on PSN: JeRzYzFyNeSt

+ ElektroDragon on August 15th, 2014 at 10:32 am said:

PLEASE let me import my PC Reaper of Souls character! Pretty please? Should be easy since characters are stored on the Battle.net cloud!

+ THA_STARKILLER on August 15th, 2014 at 11:12 am said:

Hey Blizzard, all my friends are either still playing Diablo II: Lord of Destruction or switched to Torchlight, no joke. Figured I’d say that instead of only asking why Diablo 3 sux.

+ Robert_Pulson on August 15th, 2014 at 11:26 am said:

Just went and pre-ordered this off the PSN for my PS4 since DIablo 3 doesn’t perform so great on my toaster of a computer, Can’t wait been looking for something too drown more hours into on my PS4

+ lisatsunami on August 15th, 2014 at 11:27 am said:

Hey, Ryan, even though I played the PS3 demo long ago, I’m avoiding any other spoilers. I pre-ordered the digital version so I’m guessing there will be another PSN meltdown when we all start trying to download on Tuesday, lol.

+ drd7of14 on August 15th, 2014 at 11:33 am said:

My main gripe with Diablo 3 on the PS3 was playing with my 2 brothers, and essentially having to wait like 15 minutes for each person to organize their inventory, trash, skills and such constantly. I just didn’t see why we couldn’t simultaneously access our inventory. There’s the quick swap, but that wasn’t ideal for complete inventory reassessment.

If this version doesn’t have a better system, cause I’ve seen no video of it myself, for this, just try looking into a future patch for local simultaneous backpack/inventory/stats management, it would save so much time. And we were only 3, if there was a 4th person, it was painful. Kept pulling out my VITA, and got bored with the game. Took me out of the experience too frequently. Hope this is was updated, cause I’d like to continue the game, if not…Sorry, but I’ll wait, or just start playing alone…Which stinks!

+ GummyCore on August 15th, 2014 at 11:34 am said:

Am I ever going to get any answer before the game releases and testing it myself?

It seems this Ryan never – and I mean NEVER – answer anything beyond the “beyond!” comments (here or on any blog post). Nothing in his replies (here or on any blog post) bear information of any sort. And he only babysits his blog post for half an hour, replying superficially, then all the days work is done, quota met, no comment beyond the first 20 gets answered.

I am not p*ssed just because my questions are skipped over again, but seeing Ryan’s useless replies over and over again is just beyond toleration. How he still has a job is beyond me. It just makes me appreciate the Freedom Wars guys so much more.

+ ChasecL0cK on August 15th, 2014 at 12:00 pm said:

Ill stick with my x4 level 70 Hardcore toons on PC which is vastly superior, thanks.

The whole nemesis thing is stupid. Do people actually die playing this casual button smash port-fest?

+ bakerattack67 on August 15th, 2014 at 12:41 pm said:

Im so stoke i took my 2 week payed vacation for this

+ izanagiGSR on August 15th, 2014 at 12:47 pm said:

I love the game but why the PS4 version requires so much space of installation.

+ Shudderdust on August 15th, 2014 at 12:52 pm said:

@25 I would have taken two weeks for Destiny myself :-)

+ purse317 on August 15th, 2014 at 1:18 pm said:

Last gen consoles and every pc gets the game for $40 but next gen console owners have to pay $60 for the game. Doesn’t seem fair to me and no one will address the cost increase. Would’ve gladly paid $40 for the upgrades even $50 but $60 was asking to much of me.

+ purse317 on August 15th, 2014 at 1:24 pm said:

@23 yeah the blog never answers serious questions users really have its just a PR push from Sony. Its really sad to because answering user questions is actually better for PR.

Sad to say but the EU blog does a much better job of simly interacting with users not to mention the awesome sales they have.

CHECK OUT THE EU SUMMER SALE IF YOU DON’T BELIEVE ME.

+ demonic_sniper91 on August 15th, 2014 at 1:55 pm said:

Well so much for catching pre order due to no PSN right now, still early though but get it up before Sunday

+ demonic_sniper91 on August 15th, 2014 at 2:06 pm said:

This some bs seems like everytime i want to pre order or even put money in my wallet psn is down and then lack of customer support really sony really? I been gaming with yall since 95 and i gotta say i have hated the ps4 the most right now ty 4 the monthly subscription you drain out my wallet and ty for the taco bell worthy employees you all seem to hire who only replies are woot! and beyond man **** beyond this ain’t even ign

+ bakerattack67 on August 15th, 2014 at 2:14 pm said:

No psn mine is working fine

+ demonic_sniper91 on August 15th, 2014 at 2:17 pm said:

Ty for sharing how your psn is fine now shut it while the other unlucky 13% have to deal with the incompetent customer support

+ djsaiyan on August 15th, 2014 at 2:21 pm said:

Gonna be a tough call deciding to play Diablo 3 or Tales of Xillia 2 first.

Still have to finish up Drakengard 3 too. Should probably get on that now lol

+ demonic_sniper91 on August 15th, 2014 at 2:42 pm said:

So sony we going for 3 days no psn or what?

+ Tomoprime on August 15th, 2014 at 2:44 pm said:

Wow this sounds fantastic. I have one question for the dev team…

Is “Share Play” supported ?

If so count me in! You have raised the bar!

+ Rukia on August 15th, 2014 at 3:10 pm said:

FIND THE NEPHALEM!!!!!!!!

+ tusunami on August 15th, 2014 at 4:01 pm said:

Now this will be amazing to play I haven’t been this pumped in a long time to play a game. This will be spectacular to enjoy with friends good times indeed

+ GEARS_of_DRAGOON on August 15th, 2014 at 4:32 pm said:

Nice.

+ Tyrannikos on August 15th, 2014 at 4:59 pm said:

I’m still not clear on whether or not the PS3 version will receive updates.

+ P1_Game_Freak on August 15th, 2014 at 5:03 pm said:

The way I understand it, the ps3 will not be getting any of the features mentioned in this video and it will get a day 1 update, updating it 2.0.6, but after that, ps3 will be getting nothing. Blizz sticks with their games for a long time…….I can tell by the lack of patch support for ps3. Don’t even have the common courtesy to give us patch 2.1. Epic fail.

+ Mega-Sackman on August 15th, 2014 at 5:19 pm said:

I think this game is amazing, i was waiting for it to launch on PS4 since i played a couple of hours with the regular version on PS3. Blizzard is a company with very talented people and i’d like them to keep supporting consoles. Pre-ordered the game a couple of days ago, can’t wait to play it.

+ Tinye310 on August 15th, 2014 at 7:43 pm said:

@40 – it won’t – only ps4 and Xbone

+ Tyrannikos on August 15th, 2014 at 8:17 pm said:

That’s pretty disappointing. Luckily, I’m not too big on this kind of game, so I should be able to still enjoy it just fine, unless there is some weird, game-breaking bug that won’t get patched out. Thanks for the replies.

+ darknight_2012 on August 15th, 2014 at 9:01 pm said:

No end of Summer Buster Sales????!! Booooooooooo!
I Should go to Microsoft and hand them my wallet completely.
But I believe in you. You have until next update to surprise me.
I feel the need to do some serious impulsive spending.
And I don’t want crack LOL

+ IcedDice777 on August 15th, 2014 at 9:49 pm said:

Agree with #23. There’s has to more than typing Beyond! and you’re welcome as a qualification to become a “Social Media specialist” on the PS blog :)

Anyways, double dippin’ again. Blizzard put some effort with 1080p 60fps 4 player co-op… Take that money and bring us Starcraft for the PS4. 4 player split-screen and LAN support too. Thank you

+ Bolt_Vandrhuge on August 16th, 2014 at 12:47 am said:

So I noticed that at the end of the video it says “Play on 8/19 Midnight EST”, however it is listed as “8/19 Midnight PST” on the PSN store. Which is the correct time?

+ Dead-Sync on August 16th, 2014 at 1:24 am said:

Anybody: Is there an outlined process for the PROPER way to round-trip your character to and from a friend’s house/PS4? Say I want to be able to take my character from home, bring it to a friend’s to continue to level up that character or earn trophies, and then bring that progress back to me when I’m done there? Would be a huge help to know this! Thanks!

+ lillington on August 16th, 2014 at 8:12 am said:

Beyond sounds amazing! Where can I find that place?

When will pre-load begin?

+ supermoc10 on August 16th, 2014 at 12:55 pm said:

Excited for Diablo but I’m mostly posting because I want you to give you guys some feedback on how to make the PS Store more popular. Here you go:

PAGE 1 2