Bloodborne

Freedom Wars Launching October 28th for PS Vita

Ken Chan's Avatar + Posted by Ken Chan on Aug 19, 2014 // Product Manager, SCEA

Earlier last week, Justin from PlayStation.Blog was kind enough to share his personal experiences with the 4-player co-op mode with Freedom Wars. While most of you really enjoyed the video, some of the repeated questions and comments from the thread included:

• What’s up with the release date?
  • Where are the pre-order DLCs?
  • How do I get the pre-order if I purchase from PlayStation Store?

Well, we’re here to answer those questions today!

To begin, we are incredibly thrilled to officially announce that Freedom Wars will launch in North America on Tuesday, October 28th, 2014 for $29.99.

Freedom Wars on PS Vita

For those looking for a head start in reducing your sentence within the world of Freedom Wars, our participating retailers are offering the same pre-order DLC as the original Japan release. These items include:

1. Limited Edition Costume – Personalize your Freedom Wars character with Formal Wear
  2. Powerful Starter Weapons – Upgraded melee and long range attack weapon.
  3. Limited Edition Sticker Set – For in-game use
  4. Combat Pack Item – Medical Supply Set

Freedom Wars on PS VitaFreedom Wars on PS Vita

Lastly, for those that want the same pre-order items for the digital version, simply purchase Freedom Wars between Tuesday, October 28th to Tuesday, November 11th. After that, the pre-order items will no longer be available.

Stay tuned for much more on Freedom Wars!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ joaryche on August 19th, 2014 at 6:10 am said:

Sounds like a must buy to me

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 6:33 am said:

I feel the same way! Thanks joaryche!

+ joaryche on August 19th, 2014 at 6:10 am said:

1st

+ solidkratos963 on August 19th, 2014 at 6:12 am said:

Finally I have been waiting for the release date but October 28… ohhh well at least its not December like Kingdom Hearts 2.5 so I can’t wait for it.

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 6:34 am said:

It’ll be well, well worth the wait, solidkratos! Thanks for your support!

+ Fengard on August 19th, 2014 at 6:13 am said:

Cool, have time to finish the SAO game before this game is release :D

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 6:34 am said:

Sounds good to me, Fengard! Can’t wait until you get your hands on it!

+ snakeeyes211 on August 19th, 2014 at 6:20 am said:

ZzzzzZ

+ xarienne on August 19th, 2014 at 6:27 am said:

Could you please let us know who the participating retailers are for the pre-order bonuses? Thanks much!

+ Ken Chan on August 19th, 2014 at 6:57 am said:

Our usual suspects including GameStop, Amazon, Best Buy are supporting the Freedom Wars pre-order bonuses. Their site should be updated with the info this week

+ juuichi-11 on August 19th, 2014 at 6:30 am said:

Heyyyy :D Great News. I was expecting this game after xmas only!!! I played the japanese demo and this games is probably a Vita TOP 5… if not TOP 3. I’m totally buying it. btw, will you guys release a beta/demo before oct 28?

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 6:37 am said:

Hey Juuichi – thanks for the kind words! We’re putting all of our efforts into getting the game out into your hands right now, so still no word on a demo, but I’ll be personally showing it off at a few key events before release. (Come see me at PAX if you’re able!)

Really appreciate your support, and thank you very much!

+ MarshMarlou on August 19th, 2014 at 6:30 am said:

Yey!!!!!

+ migukstyle on August 19th, 2014 at 6:32 am said:

Day 1 purchase in retail!

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 6:38 am said:

Love hearing that migukstyle! Thanks for your support!

+ thecontroller92 on August 19th, 2014 at 6:32 am said:

No physical goodies like in asia?

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 6:40 am said:

Hey thecontroller92 – we unfortunately weren’t able to provide any physical bonuses in time for the launch of the game, but I’ll be working hard to bring over some other fun items a bit later after launch! Freedom Wars is a big title, so please stay tuned! :)

+ foodXD on August 19th, 2014 at 6:33 am said:

What are those participating retailer?

+ foodXD on August 19th, 2014 at 6:35 am said:

Also, do we get the hoverboard?

+ KazeEternal on August 19th, 2014 at 6:36 am said:

Same day as AC Unity…. guess this game might get neglected for a couple of weeks :-/

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 6:42 am said:

I think you’ll find some time, KazeEternal. :) Thanks for your support!

+ Istyle318 on August 19th, 2014 at 6:40 am said:

Will this work on PlayStation TV?

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 6:43 am said:

Absolutely it will – compatible from Day 1, so I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for your support!

+ Archacus on August 19th, 2014 at 6:41 am said:

*drolling*

Hell yeah! Any news on will we be able to play with you guys in NA (EU-NA). We share 50 panopticons… or so I heard… so it might mean that we will be on one server… is that right?

Anyway! Let’s make this game best selling game on Vita! If anyone has friends show some trailers of FW and force them to buy Vita and FW… if they don’t want to… just bite their necks off. I will be dissapointed if we won’t reach 1.25 kk of sold copies! So yeah, advertise game guys! Not only SCEA and SCEE but also Vita owners.

Anyway:
All hail Freedom Wars
All hail Nick Accordino
All hail Junichi Yoshizawa-san

P.S. I hope this will sell godly and we in EU won’t have to repeat that circus with petitioning for Oreshika retail :/

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 6:44 am said:

Thanks for your overwhelming support, Archacus – can’t wait until you get a chance to play!

+ FortySevenDrift on August 19th, 2014 at 6:41 am said:

I’ve had this pre-ordered since July on Amazon. Nice to know I’ll be getting some bonuses for doing so. And that’s a nice price as well, $10 cheaper than most handheld games! I certainly hope you guys give this a lot of exposure. From what I’ve seen and heard from my friends in Japan, SCE Japan Studio knocked it out of the park yet again. This ought to be a system seller!

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 6:46 am said:

Really appreciate that, FortySevenDrift – thank you very much! I hope you’ll help encourage your friends to give it a shot too – it’s a lot easier to reduce that 1 Million year sentence in multiplayer!

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 6:42 am said:

I think you’ll find some time, KazeEternal. :) Thanks for your support!

+ Luke_FM on August 19th, 2014 at 6:44 am said:

Happy!! Must buy on day one!

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 6:46 am said:

Love hearing that, Luke_FM! Thanks for your support!

+ foodXD on August 19th, 2014 at 6:48 am said:

Why doesnt Nick reply to me? I really would like to know what are those participating retailers.

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 6:51 am said:

(Just getting complete confirmation for you – check your replies soon!)

+ Nerroth on August 19th, 2014 at 6:49 am said:

I wonder if it might be an idea to create a bunduru with Freedom Wars, a PlayStation TV, a decent-sized memory card, and a DualShock 4 at some point.

That might be a good way to promote the new device, and perhaps raise the profile of FW itself in the process.

(Also, are there any differences in terms of playing the game on PSTV using a DualShock 4 relative to a DualShock 3? Is there any particular advantage to be had through using the newer controller when playing this game?)

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 6:55 am said:

That’s a pretty good idea, Nerroth – we’re considering all sorts of possibilities with Freedom Wars, but PlayStation TV’s a great fit!

To answer your question – no big differences or advantages, just a bigger screen to show off more easily to those in your living room! I personally love playing it with a DualShock 4, so I hope you will too!

Thanks for your support!

+ foodXD on August 19th, 2014 at 6:52 am said:

Thank you Nick. By the way, I preordered 2 copies. One for my friend and one for me to we can going hunting.

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 6:56 am said:

You’re very welcome, foodXD! And thank you very much for the support! I think you two will love it!

+ nagids on August 19th, 2014 at 6:56 am said:

I need this now >:c !!!! but anyways thanks for the releasing date and info!! :)

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 6:57 am said:

You’re very, very welcome nagids! Look forward to reducing my sentence online with you!

+ rafael_martines on August 19th, 2014 at 6:59 am said:

This + Playstation TV = Must Buy

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 7:02 am said:

I feel the exact same way, rafael! Thanks for your kind words!

+ CJ-Kenji on August 19th, 2014 at 7:00 am said:

Very cool can’t wait to pick this up kinda wish soul sacrifice delta had a physical release as well :(

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 7:03 am said:

Can’t wait for you to get hands-on as well, CJ-Kenji! Thanks for your support!

+ Freestylinyoshi on August 19th, 2014 at 7:03 am said:

@19
As it stands, the DualShock 4 isn’t compatable with the Vita TV (Playstation TV) . That’s not to say updates aren’t possible.

@!2
I feel your pain, I wish someone would capitalize on the drought , rather than releasing games in the pool when “adult swim” is over.
That’s how most games get overlooked and then you have some genius who say’s “The game didn’t sell well” no duh “People didn’t like it” wait what? No, people didn’t have money for it and the 4 other games that came out.

Anyway, I would like a continuation of digital release/Japanese audio English Subs of Japanese games; especially for the Vita.
Japanese imports are HIGHLY preferred over Indie games

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 7:08 am said:

Hey, Freestylinyoshi – I’ve been playing the JP version with my DS4 for a while now, so I hope you’ll give a chance yourself! (It was added in firmware 3.10.)

And I’m with you on the JP audio/English subs combination – I wouldn’t have it any other way!

Thank you very much for your support!

+ BlueBl1zzard on August 19th, 2014 at 7:04 am said:

Yet another reason for my wallet to hate me (and my vita to love me!). Looking forward to it and thanks again for bringing this game to the west!

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 7:09 am said:

You’re absolutely welcome, BlueBl1zzard! Look forward to sharing more with you before launch, and thanks for your support!

+ Hestar69 on August 19th, 2014 at 7:04 am said:

Packtober continues to get better and better.Who needs sleep :P

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 8:30 am said:

Couldn’t have said it better myself, Hestar69! Thanks for the kind words!

+ Wai_Ke- on August 19th, 2014 at 7:05 am said:

Sorry if this is a repeated question, but are we able to play with players across regions? like with the Japanese and Europe players

Cheers

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 8:33 am said:

Hi Wai_Ke – As of right now, the SCEA and SCEE versions will be compatible online. Because the JP version uses different Panopticons (different cities, etc), they’ll be fighting it out among themselves – at least for the time being.

Hope this answers your question, and I hope you’re looking forward to the game!

+ muha_ronin on August 19th, 2014 at 7:06 am said:

I was waiting for this game to come out (and MHF-G) but after reading all this bad reviews after Jp release, my faith in this game has been shake. But I will buy digital release for sure. Just to kill time until MHF-G comes out.

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 8:34 am said:

Don’t let your faith be shaken my friend – you’re getting a very updated version of the JP release! Please keep in mind that we have online (both co-op and PvP) implemented from day 1, so you’ll be getting a much more complete package from the very start!

Hope you’re looking forward to the game!

+ Nerroth on August 19th, 2014 at 7:10 am said:

@Nick:

Thanks for the clarification.

(Actually, when it comes to memory cards, it would be handy to see the 64 gig model brought over to the West also, not least for those who wish to get games like this one digitally.)

@24:

I was under the impression that system software update version 3.10 added DualShock 4 compatibility to the Vita TV in Japan on the 25th of March (and the 3.15 update on April 30 added full PS4 Remote Play functionality).

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 8:34 am said:

You’re very welcome Nerroth! Hope to see you online in Freedom Wars!

+ foodXD on August 19th, 2014 at 7:10 am said:

Hoverboard/Thruster Board will be included for the US version as well?

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 8:35 am said:

Any reason why it shouldn’t be? :)

Thanks foodXD!

+ gus_xl on August 19th, 2014 at 7:13 am said:

Very cool! Sooner than I expected. Thanks Nick ( and everyone that worked on it )

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 8:35 am said:

You’re very welcome, gus_xl! It’s my pleasure to help bring it here for you, so I hope you end up loving it as much as I do!

+ SaberX85 on August 19th, 2014 at 7:14 am said:

No demo?

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 8:36 am said:

Unfortunately not at this time – we’re focusing our efforts on getting the game itself out across multiple regions, so apologies that you won’t see a demo before launch.

Hope you’re looking forward to the game! (And come find me at PAX if you want a taste before it launches!)

+ xarienne on August 19th, 2014 at 7:18 am said:

@Ken Chan

Muchas gracious for the retailers info! :-)

VERY excited for this game!!!

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 8:37 am said:

Yeah, thanks @Ken Chan!

Let me know what you think once you pick it up, xarienne!

+ ZigNoff on August 19th, 2014 at 7:20 am said:

@1 I would suggest you do some research on the game, I consider the a must buy for me til I did some checking up on it, and the bad vastly outweight the good. It may not deter you and I’m not trying to, but atleast read up on it and then decide for yourself when you have all the available information to form a more solid opinion of the game.

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 8:39 am said:

I’d sincerely suggest you give it a shot, ZigNoff. Until you give the game a shot yourself, it’s hard to tell if it’s really for you or not.

I really believe in Freedom Wars – there’s so much fun packed into this game that I hope you still give it a chance.

Thanks!

+ SaberX85 on August 19th, 2014 at 7:22 am said:

Oh and does this game has online pass like jpn ver? thanks

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 8:41 am said:

Hey SaberX85 – we’re sticking to the systems implemented in the JP release, so yes, similar to Soul Sacrifice Delta, the game will have an online pass. It will of course be included via voucher within retail copies and included with digital downloads of the game.

Thanks for your support!

+ bbsftw on August 19th, 2014 at 7:36 am said:

Sweet so 2 weeks after i get the PS TV i can pick this up. Awesome :D really been lookng forward to get this game since day 1 of announcing it

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 8:41 am said:

Thanks for the support, bbsftw! Really appreciate the kind words, and can’t wait to hear what you think about Freedom Wars on PlayStation TV!

+ divineLite on August 19th, 2014 at 7:38 am said:

While I’m so happy and will buy this DAY one (maybe digital because it’s only 30$) I think pairing this with Assassin Creed Unity might destroy the sales itself…

Oh I’ll buy Unity too of course, will pass on Rouge because no PS3. I know Rouge HD is incoming though

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 8:44 am said:

I think it’ll do just fine, divineLite – I know I’ll be taking on Abductors and rescuing civilians during my holiday travels this year!

Never underestimate a great portable title, and I can’t stress how great Freedom Wars is!

Look forward to hearing your thoughts, and thanks for your support!

+ Alenth26 on August 19th, 2014 at 7:38 am said:

Thanks guys for bringing this game here to the west, I’m looking forward to it :D

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 8:44 am said:

It’s my pleasure, Alenth26! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts, and thanks for supporting Freedom Wars!

+ TeamGreen615 on August 19th, 2014 at 7:42 am said:

Looking forward to this and Tales of Hearts R! I must say again thanks for making a retail version available in NA. Some of us have been collecting games for many years now so this way it gives everyone an option as how they want to purchase the game.

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 8:46 am said:

Me too, TeamGreen – hard to find time for all these great games!

I’m thrilled to help bring the game to retail here, so I really hope you enjoy it! Have fun growing your collection!

+ NSDI on August 19th, 2014 at 8:00 am said:

Looks interesting, but the fact that Bandai Namco is involved freaks me out. Probably I should wait to see how many DLCs will be announced.

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 8:48 am said:

Hey NSDI – No Bandai Namco involvement here, this is strictly Japan Studio, Dimps and Shift! (Shift put together the God Eater series in collaboration with Bandai Namco, so maybe that’s where your confusion comes from?)

Hope you give the game a shot when it launches this October!

+ ALPHAOWNER on August 19th, 2014 at 8:10 am said:

Finally :D I have been waiting for this gam since it was released in japan!

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 8:49 am said:

And I’ve been waiting months to tell you when it was coming out! :)

Thanks for your excitement, Alphaowner – I hope you enjoy the game!

+ langyahunhun on August 19th, 2014 at 8:15 am said:

Can’t wait for that

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 8:49 am said:

Can’t wait for you to play it! Thanks langyahunhun!

+ TheOathsworn on August 19th, 2014 at 8:18 am said:

Have it marked on my release calendar, I honestly wasn`t expecting it this soon. Oh well it just means it`ll be out all that much sooner. Though not sure if putting it on the same day as AC:Unity was a good move.

I`ll most likely avoid using the Pre-order weapons, since I don`t really like using that kind of stuff due to them usually being somewhat overpowered for a portion of the game and/or become useless almost immediately after getting a new weapon. But I`ll most likely use the cosmetics.

Otherwise pretty excited for this, glad to see we`re getting all the currently released patches/updates as well.

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 8:51 am said:

Thanks for your kind words Oathsworn!

There’s a ton of titles releasing across the holiday season, so no matter where we land there’s going to be some awesome competition.

I’m not too worried though – VITA owners are wonderful gamers, and they know how to seek out the gems. (And this is one heck of a gem if I do say so myself!)

Look forward to hearing your thoughts once you play!

+ DOC_INCOGNITO on August 19th, 2014 at 8:26 am said:

Awwwww yeeeeeah! Already got my preorder paid in full.

Let’s contribute!

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 8:52 am said:

Love it, Doc – thanks for your “contribution”!

For the greater good! :)

+ Blazing-Blur on August 19th, 2014 at 8:45 am said:

Finally a release date, also a sweet price for it! Can’t wait to finally get my hands on this.

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 8:52 am said:

Can’t wait to bring it to you – thanks Blazing-Blur!

+ Sharingan_itachi on August 19th, 2014 at 8:49 am said:

So no soul sacrifice delta decals? You said to not worry….

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 8:54 am said:

Patience, my dear Sharingan_Itachi, patience.

+ Trendy_Kid on August 19th, 2014 at 8:50 am said:

My body is Reggie.

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 8:54 am said:

Wrong company, but I’ll take the compliment!

Thanks for supporting Freedom Wars, Trendy_Kid!

+ KeyBladeWeilder9 on August 19th, 2014 at 8:51 am said:

Ah, October is such a s busy month for me gaming wise. Glad this game got a solid release date, consider this game pre-ordered.

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 8:55 am said:

Then I shall consider you awesome, KeyBladeWeilder9.

Thanks for your support!

+ b3nl15qu4r3 on August 19th, 2014 at 8:57 am said:

Since Nick’s in this thread, I’m hoping that I can get some questions answered.

1. I own the Japanese version of Freedom Wars, and have already gotten the platinum trophy for it (sitting on a 420,000 year sentence at the moment). If I buy the game a second time in English for a second playthrough, will there be a new set of trophies that I can unlock, or is it a shared set with Japan?

2. I read above where you mentioned that JP players cannot play online multiplayer with NA/EU players for the time being. May I ask for you to negotiate something with SCEJA or Japan Studio to allow this in the future within some kind of update patch? I would really like to be able to play multiplayer Freedom Wars with my NA and EU friends. As you’ve also mentioned above, the western version will also have online pass, so I obviously won’t be able to use it on my Japanese PSN account.

Thanks for your time!

Wonderful game by the way, coming from someone who’s already put many hours into the Japanese version. America bros, this game is well recommended, trust me.

+ Nick Accordino on August 19th, 2014 at 9:54 am said:

Hey B3nl15qu4r3 – I bow to your Freedom Wars dedication! It’s a pleasure to have your support for the SCEA release.

1.) I’ll check on the trophy set for you, as I’m not 100% sure myself.
    2.) We’re always trying to work out what’s best for you guys – and trust me, I’d love to take my JP version online with SCEA friends as well. I’ll do my best for you here and let you know if there’s any updates.

Really appreciate your support, and thank you very much!

PAGE 1 2 3