Driveclub

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 8/26/2014

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Aug 25, 2014 // Social Media Specialist

The Drop

Thank you for your patience this weekend, and enjoy the belated Drop!

The smoke-slinging Delsin Rowe made a huge impact on Seattle during his quest for vengeance in inFAMOUS Second Son. But he wasn’t the only Conduit stirring up trouble for the DUP. Abigail “Fetch” Walker leveled her own deadly talents against those that wronged her, and her story continues in inFAMOUS First Light.

First Light hits PS4 this week as a standalone download from PlayStation Store. In it, players can explore Fetch’s tragic past and her weaponization at the hands of the Department of Unified Protection. This means even more neon abilities, new ways to traverse Seattle, and more insight into what makes Fetch so incredibly badass.

Of course, that’s just one game coming to PlayStation this week. Read on for a complete list of new releases, and enjoy the Drop!

Card Games
Day D Tower Rush
The Golf Club
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1
inFAMOUS First Light
Madden NFL 15
Metro 2033 Redux
Metro Redux
Metro Last Light Redux
Putter Golf
The Walking Dead: Season Two -- Episode 5 "No Going Back"

New PlayStation Games This Week

Card Games
PSone Classic — Digital
Play six classic card games like 5-Card Draw Poker, Baccarat, or Blackjack, and make money to decorate your in-game suite.
Day D Tower Rush
PS Vita — Digital
Plunge into an era of dinosaurs and prehistoric creatures using a time machine. Defend yourself from a horde of vicious creatures by building towers and catapults, and defend the time machine at all costs! Go on a journey through time now!
The Golf Club
PS4 — Digital
Generate a brand-new course in seconds using the course generation algorithm, or dive deep into the fully-functional editor to craft any course you can imagine. Share your courses with the world!
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1
PS Vita — Digital, Retail
A mysterious book containing knowledge of all Gamindustri’s history suddenly speaks out to Neptune, Compa, and IF. With the assistance of this sentient book, the trio embark on an extraordinary journey across four different nations on a quest to save the entire world!
inFAMOUS First Light
PS4 — Digital
Locked up in a prison for super powered humans, Fetch is forced to relive tragedies from her past. Unravel her dark secret in Seattle while battling to escape snowy Curdon Cay and seek vengeance for those who wronged her.
Madden NFL 15
PS4, PS3 — Digital, Retail
Madden NFL 15 transforms you into your rival’s worst nightmare with a new breed of defense built to challenge the best offenses in the NFL. A new arsenal of pass rush moves, an intuitive tackling system, improved coverage logic, and immersive new camera angles make defense exciting and fun to play.
Metro 2033 Redux
PS4 — Digital
The year is 2033. An entire generation has been born and raised underground, and their besieged Metro Station Cities struggle for survival, both with each other and the mutant horrors that await outside. You are Artyom, born in the last days before the fire, but raised underground.
Metro Redux
PS4 — Digital, Retail
Contains both Metro 2033 Redux and Metro: Last Light Redux. One fateful event sparks a desperate mission to the heart of the Metro system, to warn the remnants of mankind of a terrible impending threat. Rather than stand united, the factions of the Metro are locked in a struggle.
Metro: Last Light Redux
PS4 — Digital
It is the year 2034. Beneath the ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro, the remnants of mankind are besieged by deadly threats from outside… and within. Mutants stalk the catacombs beneath the desolate surface and hunt amidst the poisoned skies above.
Putter Golf
PS3 — Digital
Play across the wackiest, zaniest mini-golf courses. Take on three friends and try to get the best score.
The Walking Dead: Season Two — Episode 5 “No Going Back”
PS3, PS Vita — Digital
The final episode of a five-part game series set in Robert Kirkman’s award-winning zombie apocalypse.

Demos and Betas

Madden NFL 15 — PS3 Demo
NHL 15 — PS4 Demo

The information above is subject to change without notice.

119 Comments

+ BL_Donth on August 25th, 2014 at 1:58 pm said:

@40 If you pre-ordered it, then there should be a countdown. Doing a little bit of math, I found out that my digital copy of the game unlocks at 11:00 am MDT tomorrow. Not exactly midnight.

Cannot wait for First Light! I love Sucker Punch <3

+ oversevethousand on August 25th, 2014 at 2:00 pm said:

@31
They’re still separate games in the series – as much potential as RB2 wastes, it’s still a little different. RB1 is a whole other animal meanwhile.

+ ESIASON7 on August 25th, 2014 at 2:10 pm said:

First Light, Madden demo and (Hopefully) Transistor, If certain rumors prove true.

+ djsaiyan on August 25th, 2014 at 2:10 pm said:

First Light and Walking Dead Episode 5 for me this week.

Both of which I will promptly ignore to continue playing Diablo 3.

I think I have a problem.

Send help.

And high level non-duped crossbows.

+ Astroking112 on August 25th, 2014 at 2:20 pm said:

I’d like to see MediEvil 2, Suikoden II, and Jak X on the store if possible.

+ ESIASON7 on August 25th, 2014 at 2:21 pm said:

@51mine unlocks at 12 tomarrow afternoon EST, so yeah ill play a little bit before work.

+ Tjoeb123 on August 25th, 2014 at 2:22 pm said:

@52, @31
To each his own.

The only difference in RB2 that I know of is that you get to play as the oracles – Historie, Kei, Mina, and CHIIIKAA.

…Also, I loved how Noire indirectly referenced her own game in PP. Now if you’ll excuse me, I must go Nep-Nep with Noire. Too bad I have to beat her up first….

+ Ax_Man17 on August 25th, 2014 at 2:27 pm said:

Metro Last Light is a pretty cool game but to pay for that Ranger mode is some bull**** ,i would of liked to play it in that mode but they got to b tripping if they think people want to pay for difficulty options smh

+ Budapesti on August 25th, 2014 at 2:28 pm said:

Infamous : First Light and Metro: Last Light released on the same day?
I’m SO confused…

+ SnowForge on August 25th, 2014 at 2:28 pm said:

Any Vita compatibility updates?

+ warezIbanez on August 25th, 2014 at 2:34 pm said:

Any idea when we’ll get some info for what will be at the Playstation Booth at PAX Prime?

+ PeteStaiv on August 25th, 2014 at 2:42 pm said:

Two Questions –
1) where the hec is Metro Redux in PSN?
2) Can I start playing First Light midnight est?

+ JhinBR on August 25th, 2014 at 2:46 pm said:

Any new digital pre orders for playstation 4?

+ Ranny55 on August 25th, 2014 at 2:48 pm said:

Nep nep!

+ kruxia on August 25th, 2014 at 2:50 pm said:

Yahoooooo! Finally be able to play The Walking Dead straight through. Been waiting so long for this moment. D:

+ blackbrother19 on August 25th, 2014 at 2:54 pm said:

Does anyone know when planet side is comming to ps4 they said summer at e3 but I haven’t seen anything since and summer is about over

+ HULEN on August 25th, 2014 at 3:08 pm said:

So I’ve had hyperdimension neptunia rebirth1 for the vita for 2 weeks now and its the English version I’m guessing gamestop made a mistake?

+ HULEN on August 25th, 2014 at 3:09 pm said:

Oops 1 week

+ AmericanNinja1 on August 25th, 2014 at 3:09 pm said:

Whats the file size for Metro Redux digital?

+ shadow71 on August 25th, 2014 at 3:19 pm said:

We need ONE (JUST ONE!) NHL game on the Vita! That old PSP one isn’t even available. I NEED a NHL game on my VITA!

+ UserMADMAN40 on August 25th, 2014 at 3:24 pm said:

i still can’t pre-order WWE 2K15 on the playstation store yet? come on.

+ TheGrimHeaper on August 25th, 2014 at 3:39 pm said:

I was looking forward to Neptune until Amazon screwed me over yet again, shocking nobody.

+ Hakumen__ on August 25th, 2014 at 3:45 pm said:

Great! I’m picking up a physical copy of Hyperdimension Neptunia Re; Birth1 this week.

+ SuperTiso on August 25th, 2014 at 3:49 pm said:

I too am confused on why inFamous First Light is not a midnight release? My clock is ticking down with 18:11:17 left, which translates to 1PM EST tomorrow. Just makes no sense if we’re able to pre-load it now but not play it till at a time of your choosing.

+ jqtaxpayer on August 25th, 2014 at 4:14 pm said:

Well, looks like Minecraft Vita/PS4 was delayed. A not-entirely-unexpected bummer.

+ yentair on August 25th, 2014 at 4:19 pm said:

@7 – I agree with you completely. I’ve noticed Sony almost never puts the DLC on sale after giving away the base game. It must be part of their agreements or just a general money-making scheme.
As an example – Bioshock Infinite was free on PS+, but I haven’t seen the DLC or season pass on sale since. It’s still the full $20 on PSN.
Steam just had a sale over the weekend for Bioshock Infinite and the Season Pass (with all of the DLC), for $14.99.
So guess who’s going to play the DLC on computer now instead of PS3?

+ Splodem on August 25th, 2014 at 4:36 pm said:

So people come on here and request good ps1 classics, and we get card games. I’m sure that’ll garner about 4 downloads in its first week. Maybe people should start asking for crappy ps1 classics, and we’ll start seeing actual GOOD ps1 classics enter the store.

+ Soulwind613 on August 25th, 2014 at 4:45 pm said:

Can we get any sales on Gravity Rush dlc soon?

Lates’

+ JosephDUDEhola1 on August 25th, 2014 at 4:54 pm said:

Looking forward to some nep-nep! (RB1) :)
I hope the DLCs come out tomorrow as well, since I have my $20 PSN card that was gonna be used on the flash sale, but didn’t made it in time because of all the DDoS thing *sob*

+ MrPonuraski on August 25th, 2014 at 4:58 pm said:

Wait, what?

First, it was All-Star Slammin’ D-Ball. Now it’s Card Games?

Who is responsible for PSOne Classics and why is he mocking the community?

#Suikoden2onPSStore

+ Tjoeb123 on August 25th, 2014 at 5:45 pm said:

@72 Oh? How so?

Also I seriously thought that was me for a moment, due to our avatars. (I <3 N/BH)

+ Tjoeb123 on August 25th, 2014 at 5:46 pm said:

@75
Minecraft failed certification, that’s why it’s delayed.

+ BlaqMagiq24 on August 25th, 2014 at 6:01 pm said:

Infamous First Light is all I need this week! 4th Infamous platinum, here I come!

Maybe just MAYBE will get Metro Redux in the future.

+ El-TamaBoy on August 25th, 2014 at 6:12 pm said:

No FIFA15 Pre order???? too sad!

+ AaronBEAST92 on August 25th, 2014 at 6:22 pm said:

Picking up madden 15 tonight , gunna get infamous first light ..sony you should really think about putting out more ps1 classics and such , Star Wars battlefront 2 would be an awesome ps2 classic.

+ hawjboi2009 on August 25th, 2014 at 6:22 pm said:

@ El-TamaBoy , i think it will be appear in PSN Store around tomorrow or September 2.. i am still waiting for NHL 15 and NBA 2k15 appear in PSN Store for pre-order

+ Dekupride on August 25th, 2014 at 6:25 pm said:

Aww, still no Castlevania: Curse of Darkness PS2 Classic. I hope it gets put up sometime in the near future. I’ve been waiting on it since the digital release of Castlevania: Lament of Innocence.

+ wordisbond44 on August 25th, 2014 at 6:35 pm said:

No Metro: Redux on PSN for PS4? Come on Sony! What are you doing?? I swear its like you don’t want customers to buy games. Anybody on PSN right now would have no idea that its coming out tomorrow. I’m sure this is some ploy to get people to spend their money on another crappy infamous game instead. Its just so confusing and frustrating when your waiting for a game to be released and you log in to buy the digital version and there is no trace of it. Sony did the same thing with Ground Zeroes on its release date. Get your sh*&t together Sony.

+ PoseidonsPrince on August 25th, 2014 at 6:46 pm said:

So I have a question, is Infamous First Light playable at midnight? Because if it is than my timer is wrong…

+ livingwithoutyou on August 25th, 2014 at 6:53 pm said:

Am I the only one who is even a little excited for Golf Club? Also super pumped for First Light!

+ AJC3317 on August 25th, 2014 at 6:54 pm said:

What’s the point of pre-loading if you can’t play the game at midnight? Fix this sony, it’s an awesome feature but it is rendered pointless when used like this

+ RoII_chan on August 25th, 2014 at 6:58 pm said:

HYPERDIMENSION NEPTUNIA RE:BIRTH <3
And First Light for me =)

+ Souledge94 on August 25th, 2014 at 8:34 pm said:

will be picking up Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1. Just waiting for the LE to go on sale on amazon.

+ djsaiyan on August 25th, 2014 at 8:54 pm said:

To people discussing DLC and Plus games

There have been instances where DLC for a game that was on Plus went on sale, but for the most part it doesn’t happen.

The reason is simple. Think about it from a business perspective. All of these Plus subscribers have just downloaded your game. You’re already losing sales from that (though being compensated in other ways), but you now have all these people who own your game. You have a much wider group of potential customers for your DLC. If they like the game, they’re probably going to buy it, so why make it cheaper and cost yourself even more money?

Now there’s the whole “well if they put it on sale more people would buy it” argument, which has merit, but apparently not enough to make anyone actually go for it. I guarantee you someone sat down and crunched the numbers and went “selling it cheaper but getting more sales isn’t going to add up to what we’d make just selling it”, and that’s probably why it doesn’t happen any more.

Look at it this way. DLC is your way to throw the developer a bone financially for giving you their game for what amounts to about 70 cents. If you like the game, support the developer!

+ zabadooda on August 25th, 2014 at 11:53 pm said:

Can someone tell me when nhl15 digital pre order is. Thx.

+ MusicMan05 on August 26th, 2014 at 12:00 am said:

To everyone asking about the digital version of Metro Redux, it clearly says it’s coming out tomorrow for retail and digital. Digital buyers also have the option of purchasing Metro 2033 Redux and Metro: Last Light Redux individually. Metro Redux is $50 but you can you can purchase them individually for $25. If you’re purchasing it digitally you might want to look into buying them individually. That way you don’t have to have both games downloaded at once to your HDD

+ garmoe1966 on August 26th, 2014 at 3:17 am said:

Will there DLC or more expansion packs for Diablo 3

+ GattsuWolf on August 26th, 2014 at 3:49 am said:

Nothing good for my vita this time… But good work sony keep it up! :p

+ Rush_Habs_23 on August 26th, 2014 at 4:52 am said:

Hey I thought NHL 15 demo was coming out today???
How come Xbox has it since last night and we dont?

Xbox one has a crappy system but yet they get AAA titles before us? Its not to be found anywhere in the store !!

+ herbalsticky on August 26th, 2014 at 8:16 am said:

The Golf Club on X1 is horrible – not even worth the $35. I’m sure the PS4 version is the same. The graphics are not near as good as you would think. And, most importantly, there is no power meter for your shot – you just pull the joystick back, then forward; hoping you get the percentage of strength you want (similar to pool games). You have been warned, PS friends.