Watch Dogs 2

Aug 26

Aug 26

PAX Prime 2014 Sale: 18 Games from Years Past

Chieh Chen's Avatar Posted by Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

PAX 14 Sale

Hi everyone! PAX Prime kicks off later this week in Seattle and to celebrate we’re discounting a unique lineup of games that were shown at past PAX Prime shows. Starting today after PlayStation Store publishes we’re making 18 games available for up to 60 percent off, with PS Plus members receiving up to 80 percent off.

Pick up Transistor, Trials Fusion, Beyond: Two Souls, Child of Light, Don’t Starve: Console Edition, and more this week to get you prepped for PAX Prime and the long holiday weekend.

Check out the full lineup:

Title PS Plus Price Sale Price Original Price
Alien Spidy (PS3) $2.50 $4.99 $9.99
BEYOND: Two Souls (PS3) $19.59 $27.99 $39.99
BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (PS Vita) $4.89 $6.99 $9.99
BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (PS3) $3.59 $5.99 $14.99
Bound by Flame (PS3) $19.59 $27.99 $39.99
Bound by Flame (PS4) $24.49 $34.99 $49.99
Child of Light (PS3) $10.34 $11.49 $14.99
Child of Light (PS4) $10.34 $11.49 $14.99
Closure (PS3) $3.74 $4.99 $14.99
Don’t Starve: Console Edition (PS4) $8.39 $10.49 $14.99
Guacamelee! Bundle Fantástico (PS3 | PS Vita) $8.99 $9.99 $19.99
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus (PS3) $7.50 $14.99 $29.99
Strike Suit Zero: Director’s Cut (PS4) $9.79 $13.99 $19.99
The Wolf Among Us Season Pass (PS3) $9.79 $13.99 $19.99
Tiny Brains (PS3) $4.99 $9.99
Tiny Brains (PS4) $4.99 $9.99
Transistor (PS4) $13.49 $14.99 $19.99
Trials Fusion (PS4) $13.49 $14.99 $19.99

The PAX Prime Sale runs through Monday, September 1, so don’t forget to pick up these fun, unique games while they’re all on sale. Let us know which titles you are going to pick up in the comments below.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

XxTigerheartxX said:

August 26th, 1:34 pm

I bought two of these games 2 weeks prior to this sale. Asked support for the difference to be put in my wallet. But they would only do it if I bought the game a couple days instead of weeks Lol. Darn it.

Frigaku said:

August 26th, 1:34 pm

Hum, maybe child of light…

Trendy_Kid said:

August 26th, 1:35 pm

Woot, somebody read my mind. I was just about to purchase transistor too. Perfect!

Hefestus91 said:

August 26th, 1:36 pm

What about Child of Light for Vita?

Solid_Duff said:

August 26th, 1:36 pm

This is a great sale, however I am not interested in any of these games. Not to mention that I already have some of them. Thinking about Trials however.

Salfordladd said:

August 26th, 1:37 pm

The list has Child of Light on sale only for PS3 and PS4–does this mean the Vita version isn’t on sale? (It’s not cross-buy, as I understand it.)

MakoSoul said:

August 26th, 1:38 pm

This is a great sale! If I didn’t already have plenty to play I would be all over a couple of these.

BloodiedWraith said:

August 26th, 1:39 pm

Damn and I just bought Transistor for $19.99 when I could have purchased it for $13.49? :( You should implement a 14-30 day automated price protection policy for the PlayStation Store.

Thermopyle2 said:

August 26th, 1:40 pm

Pretty bummed about the lack of Child of Light for Vita.

Mcmax3000 said:

August 26th, 1:40 pm

Hmmm… I’ve been wondering about Transistor. It’s pretty tempting for that price.

BoltZilla said:

August 26th, 1:42 pm

Perfect! Just traded in Trials Fusion disc a few weeks ago for $23. Was gonna buy it on psn this week anyways and now just made $10 with the sale.

CanaryIsles said:

August 26th, 1:45 pm

F*** these idiot plus discounts, and why do most indie games not can playback my favoritre mp3 tracks?? How can Sony be so LAZY and did anyone tell you PSN DOES NOT WORK

msmont said:

August 26th, 1:45 pm

Thinking about Child of Light. Would be a definite if it was cross buy.

akaJoeTea said:

August 26th, 1:49 pm

@XxTigerheartxX
I hear you. I will experienced horrible customer service from PlayStation support just a few days ago. I was on multiple different calls for just over 3 hours and they wouldn’t do anything to help me. I asked to speak to someone in charge a couple times and was told “No.”. Eventually I spoke to someone that claimed they were a supervisor, and that person was unbelievably rude and unhelpful. I’m still trying to obtain satisfaction from them, I’m probably gonna have to file reports with various consumer protection agencies and today, unless I get some sort of satisfaction.

As far as these discounts go, Sony needs to realise the Vita is the best thing they’ve got, and I’ve got literally dozens of titles to prove it. Without a sports title or assassins creed.

Salfordladd said:

August 26th, 1:50 pm

@13 Totally with you. I don’t know that Ubisoft has ever done a cross-buy title, but while I kinda get it for a larger game like Rayman Origins, where two dedicated versions need to be created (multiplayer on the PS3 version, touch controls on the Vita version), I really don’t understand why they didn’t give it a shot with Child of Light, which is not as large and undertaking, and very much in that indie space where cross-buy is the norm.

BlankShell said:

August 26th, 1:51 pm

I’ll echo the calls for some sort of cross-buy implementation for Child of Light; it doesn’t have to be all of them, but buying three separate versions (not even including DLC!) is a bit tough.

That said, I’ve put off getting Transistor long enough, so now is the time!

Gillberg said:

August 26th, 1:51 pm

Plus discount wasn’t applied to Tiny Brains, waiting for any word before I buy it.

Wayndawind said:

August 26th, 1:52 pm

R&C nexus along with quest for booty. My R&C collection is complete thanks for pax sale.

BrianMcGuinness said:

August 26th, 1:53 pm

Haha @12. Can you even tie your shoes by yourself?

ESIASON7 said:

August 26th, 1:54 pm

Ok Transistor lets see what you’ve got!

ossiecastro5 said:

August 26th, 1:55 pm

I would suggest everyone to get Transistor. Really great game here!

killerlightning said:

August 26th, 1:55 pm

I have to say was looking forward to this and these are pretty bad deals. Only a couple of bucks off games that will probably be lower in the coming months. up to 60% off for what that alien spidy game? I was ready to get a $50 gift card and buy some of these, but I guess this time Sony didnt want my money, well I have a big backlog anyways, maybe some other time.

gillettjoe said:

August 26th, 1:56 pm

Which of these discounts is 80%?

Ikusa02 said:

August 26th, 1:59 pm

Ooo, looks like my prediction came true about the price of Beyond: Two Souls (I said it was going to be $50-$30 haha, mostly because it’s been on sale in physical form for that before), so I may have to buy it after some research. I tried the demo when it first came out and I was impressed though.

As for Child of Light on Vita, it’s probably something to do with the amount of time that has passed between the time the PS4/PS3 versions came out and the Vita version. There was a 3 month difference, and these sales are mostly based off of depreciation, so more time passed = higher discounts. I’m just happy that the Vita even got Child of Light to begin with. I haven’t bought any version of it yet though. Cross-Buy would have been nice mind you, even if they had to increase the price to say $20-$30. The timing of the versions were just odd looking back :/

@Gillberg Wait until the store updates.

Also, who likes having wizards around that magically figure out sales a week or so beforehand?

akaJoeTea said:

August 26th, 1:59 pm

@23

maxcoronel2014 said:

August 26th, 2:01 pm

Hmmm. Tansistor…

akaJoeTea said:

August 26th, 2:01 pm

Child of Light is definitely a “must buy” for Vita. Fits that perfect system beautifully.

Ikusa02 said:

August 26th, 2:02 pm

@23 You are correct. The highest discount offered is 75%. Please fix this blog staff.

Ghostwize said:

August 26th, 2:03 pm

Beyond Two Souls! That is a steal of a deal. That dang 25 gig dl though. :/ I don’t have 50 gigs free and will have to delete a handful of my awesome massive games to get it downloaded. IE FFX/X-2, Ni No Kuni, all of my Tales of Games…..Grrrrrr….I think I gotta buy it though. :D

WillySJ3 said:

August 26th, 2:03 pm

No Child of Light for Vita???? Well, nothing for me to buy…..

ae11 said:

August 26th, 2:03 pm

@1, I hope they didn’t refund your money. If that’s the case everyone would ask for a refund anytime something changed price. I don’t understand why there are so many entitled people on the comment section every week.

Ikusa02 said:

August 26th, 2:04 pm

Also, Closure has a Non-Plus discount of 66%. So you can up that to 66% if you want.

JosephDUDEhola1 said:

August 26th, 2:05 pm

I wanted go buy BEYOND: Two Souls, but couldn’t because I needed to buy something else with those $20 I had in my wallet…

So I just ended up picking R&C Over the Nexus, & all of the Nep-Nep (Hyperdimension Neptunia RB1) DLCs.

Also, I was expecting more Vita games… But either way, this sale is pretty good. :D

Ikusa02 said:

August 26th, 2:05 pm

@29 I had to delete the same games so far :( I WILL COMPLETE YOU ALL SOME DAY!

tylerh1701 said:

August 26th, 2:05 pm

Tiny Brains still shows $4.99 on the store. Are you guys going to drop it to $2.50?

Chip1010 said:

August 26th, 2:06 pm

This is an outrage. Once you buy a product, it’s illegal for the price of that product to ever drop.

TimMalouff said:

August 26th, 2:11 pm

Will the US ever get a upgrade option forGuacamelee! Bundle Fantastic is we already got it for Vita/PS3 like Europe did when it was released for the PS4?

Why don’t we get an upgrade option? Europe even had it on sale

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition: PS4 Upgrade £3.29/€3.99/AU$5.95 (£2.96/€3.59/AU$5.36 discount) (only available if you own PS3/Vita version)

BloodiedWraith said:

August 26th, 2:11 pm

@31 – It’s not that people are entitled it’s just that most retailers offer a 14-30 day price protection policy and it’s definitely something that Sony should implement into the PSN.

TigerStealth said:

August 26th, 2:11 pm

No child of light Vita discount??

DaveTheSnake said:

August 26th, 2:12 pm

I cant believe the price of *PSN game* dropped. I’m going to complain until the end of time.

I love you internet.

Dragjae55 said:

August 26th, 2:12 pm

Tiny brains isn’t showing up as $2.50 on the store and I checked and I’m a plus member.

Chieh Chen's Avatar

Chieh Chen said:

August 26th, 2:21 pm

Hi Dragjae55,

Thank you for reporting this. We are looking into it now and I will comment again with any updates.

Chieh Chen's Avatar

Chieh Chen said:

August 26th, 4:05 pm

Hi again. The PS Plus discount for Tiny Brains was posted in error and has been removed. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Compeau said:

August 26th, 2:15 pm

Is Child of Light cross-buy with the Vita?

FalconEyes1 said:

August 26th, 2:24 pm

when will be discounts for bf4 !? :/

Mando44646 said:

August 26th, 2:25 pm

Wow what abysmal Vita sales. Child of Light is on sale except for Vita? Nice ‘screw you’ to Vita owners. I *was* gonna buy it. Not anymore

And all Vita gets are old Indies. What suckitude

diskdocx said:

August 26th, 2:25 pm

Excited about this sale. Flash sale last weekend was a bit of a bust, but there are a few games on here I am quite excited about.

I will grab Tiny Brains for sure, and probably Transistor which I have been watching for a while. I may get Child of Light, but would have most wanted the PSVita version. Too bad that isn’t included, and the game isn’t Cross Buy.

As for @1 and the entitled comments, I actually agree with his point. He isn’t saying prices should never change, but almost every box store retailer has at least a 30 day price protection guarantee. That is standard customer service, not entitled whining.

Ikusa02 said:

August 26th, 2:25 pm

@38 That is a thought yes, but physical things can be repackaged or recycled and resold again. What is the purpose of a refund policy on something that only exists in digital form? Plus you must remember that stores abide by the same depreciation ideas unless they want a loss leader for a sale. If you buy a game at $49.99 at a retailer that’s new, the same retailer is probably not going to lower that game’s price to $39.99 in 14-30 days. If they do you could go back, offer your receipt and get your ten dollars off, but rarely does this happen. More than likely you would buy a game and some other store has it on sale for $39.99, and then sure, why not, go get your $49.99 and buy the game for $39.99. I’m sure a very rare few do this practice, but lazy people like me sure don’t.

General rule of game buying: If you can’t wait for a sale, then you are stuck with the price you paid. Stop whining.

@41 Wait until the store updates.

@42 No.

The_Dukenator said:

August 26th, 2:27 pm

@29 @34 Could be a sign you need a bigger hdd. But you queue it from the web store and it won’t ask for double space to download.

It looks like some of these games weren’t cross buy when they were free for Plus members.

Ikusa02 said:

August 26th, 2:27 pm

Store updated while I was typing. Sorry :(

DanteMerfi said:

August 26th, 2:27 pm

I’m sorry but these deals aren’t very good.

The_Dukenator said: