Far Cry 4

PAX Prime 2014 Sale: 18 Games from Years Past

Chieh Chen's Avatar + Posted by Chieh Chen on Aug 26, 2014 // Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

PAX 14 Sale

Hi everyone! PAX Prime kicks off later this week in Seattle and to celebrate we’re discounting a unique lineup of games that were shown at past PAX Prime shows. Starting today after PlayStation Store publishes we’re making 18 games available for up to 60 percent off, with PS Plus members receiving up to 80 percent off.

Pick up Transistor, Trials Fusion, Beyond: Two Souls, Child of Light, Don’t Starve: Console Edition, and more this week to get you prepped for PAX Prime and the long holiday weekend.

Check out the full lineup:

Title PS Plus Price Sale Price Original Price
Alien Spidy (PS3) $2.50 $4.99 $9.99
BEYOND: Two Souls (PS3) $19.59 $27.99 $39.99
BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (PS Vita) $4.89 $6.99 $9.99
BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (PS3) $3.59 $5.99 $14.99
Bound by Flame (PS3) $19.59 $27.99 $39.99
Bound by Flame (PS4) $24.49 $34.99 $49.99
Child of Light (PS3) $10.34 $11.49 $14.99
Child of Light (PS4) $10.34 $11.49 $14.99
Closure (PS3) $3.74 $4.99 $14.99
Don’t Starve: Console Edition (PS4) $8.39 $10.49 $14.99
Guacamelee! Bundle Fantástico (PS3 | PS Vita) $8.99 $9.99 $19.99
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus (PS3) $7.50 $14.99 $29.99
Strike Suit Zero: Director’s Cut (PS4) $9.79 $13.99 $19.99
The Wolf Among Us Season Pass (PS3) $9.79 $13.99 $19.99
Tiny Brains (PS3) $4.99 $9.99
Tiny Brains (PS4) $4.99 $9.99
Transistor (PS4) $13.49 $14.99 $19.99
Trials Fusion (PS4) $13.49 $14.99 $19.99

The PAX Prime Sale runs through Monday, September 1, so don’t forget to pick up these fun, unique games while they’re all on sale. Let us know which titles you are going to pick up in the comments below.

PAGE 1 2

+ XxTigerheartxX on August 26th, 2014 at 1:34 pm said:

I bought two of these games 2 weeks prior to this sale. Asked support for the difference to be put in my wallet. But they would only do it if I bought the game a couple days instead of weeks Lol. Darn it.

+ Frigaku on August 26th, 2014 at 1:34 pm said:

Hum, maybe child of light…

+ Trendy_Kid on August 26th, 2014 at 1:35 pm said:

Woot, somebody read my mind. I was just about to purchase transistor too. Perfect!

+ Hefestus91 on August 26th, 2014 at 1:36 pm said:

What about Child of Light for Vita?

+ Solid_Duff on August 26th, 2014 at 1:36 pm said:

This is a great sale, however I am not interested in any of these games. Not to mention that I already have some of them. Thinking about Trials however.

+ Salfordladd on August 26th, 2014 at 1:37 pm said:

The list has Child of Light on sale only for PS3 and PS4–does this mean the Vita version isn’t on sale? (It’s not cross-buy, as I understand it.)

+ MakoSoul on August 26th, 2014 at 1:38 pm said:

This is a great sale! If I didn’t already have plenty to play I would be all over a couple of these.

+ BloodiedWraith on August 26th, 2014 at 1:39 pm said:

Damn and I just bought Transistor for $19.99 when I could have purchased it for $13.49? :( You should implement a 14-30 day automated price protection policy for the PlayStation Store.

+ Thermopyle2 on August 26th, 2014 at 1:40 pm said:

Pretty bummed about the lack of Child of Light for Vita.

+ Mcmax3000 on August 26th, 2014 at 1:40 pm said:

Hmmm… I’ve been wondering about Transistor. It’s pretty tempting for that price.

+ BoltZilla on August 26th, 2014 at 1:42 pm said:

Perfect! Just traded in Trials Fusion disc a few weeks ago for $23. Was gonna buy it on psn this week anyways and now just made $10 with the sale.

+ CanaryIsles on August 26th, 2014 at 1:45 pm said:

F*** these idiot plus discounts, and why do most indie games not can playback my favoritre mp3 tracks?? How can Sony be so LAZY and did anyone tell you PSN DOES NOT WORK

+ msmont on August 26th, 2014 at 1:45 pm said:

Thinking about Child of Light. Would be a definite if it was cross buy.

+ akaJoeTea on August 26th, 2014 at 1:49 pm said:

@XxTigerheartxX
I hear you. I will experienced horrible customer service from PlayStation support just a few days ago. I was on multiple different calls for just over 3 hours and they wouldn’t do anything to help me. I asked to speak to someone in charge a couple times and was told “No.”. Eventually I spoke to someone that claimed they were a supervisor, and that person was unbelievably rude and unhelpful. I’m still trying to obtain satisfaction from them, I’m probably gonna have to file reports with various consumer protection agencies and today, unless I get some sort of satisfaction.

As far as these discounts go, Sony needs to realise the Vita is the best thing they’ve got, and I’ve got literally dozens of titles to prove it. Without a sports title or assassins creed.

+ Salfordladd on August 26th, 2014 at 1:50 pm said:

@13 Totally with you. I don’t know that Ubisoft has ever done a cross-buy title, but while I kinda get it for a larger game like Rayman Origins, where two dedicated versions need to be created (multiplayer on the PS3 version, touch controls on the Vita version), I really don’t understand why they didn’t give it a shot with Child of Light, which is not as large and undertaking, and very much in that indie space where cross-buy is the norm.

+ BlankShell on August 26th, 2014 at 1:51 pm said:

I’ll echo the calls for some sort of cross-buy implementation for Child of Light; it doesn’t have to be all of them, but buying three separate versions (not even including DLC!) is a bit tough.

That said, I’ve put off getting Transistor long enough, so now is the time!

+ Gillberg on August 26th, 2014 at 1:51 pm said:

Plus discount wasn’t applied to Tiny Brains, waiting for any word before I buy it.

+ Wayndawind on August 26th, 2014 at 1:52 pm said:

R&C nexus along with quest for booty. My R&C collection is complete thanks for pax sale.

+ BrianMcGuinness on August 26th, 2014 at 1:53 pm said:

Haha @12. Can you even tie your shoes by yourself?

+ ESIASON7 on August 26th, 2014 at 1:54 pm said:

Ok Transistor lets see what you’ve got!

+ ossiecastro5 on August 26th, 2014 at 1:55 pm said:

I would suggest everyone to get Transistor. Really great game here!

+ killerlightning on August 26th, 2014 at 1:55 pm said:

I have to say was looking forward to this and these are pretty bad deals. Only a couple of bucks off games that will probably be lower in the coming months. up to 60% off for what that alien spidy game? I was ready to get a $50 gift card and buy some of these, but I guess this time Sony didnt want my money, well I have a big backlog anyways, maybe some other time.

+ gillettjoe on August 26th, 2014 at 1:56 pm said:

Which of these discounts is 80%?

+ Ikusa02 on August 26th, 2014 at 1:59 pm said:

Ooo, looks like my prediction came true about the price of Beyond: Two Souls (I said it was going to be $50-$30 haha, mostly because it’s been on sale in physical form for that before), so I may have to buy it after some research. I tried the demo when it first came out and I was impressed though.

As for Child of Light on Vita, it’s probably something to do with the amount of time that has passed between the time the PS4/PS3 versions came out and the Vita version. There was a 3 month difference, and these sales are mostly based off of depreciation, so more time passed = higher discounts. I’m just happy that the Vita even got Child of Light to begin with. I haven’t bought any version of it yet though. Cross-Buy would have been nice mind you, even if they had to increase the price to say $20-$30. The timing of the versions were just odd looking back :/

@Gillberg Wait until the store updates.

Also, who likes having wizards around that magically figure out sales a week or so beforehand?

+ akaJoeTea on August 26th, 2014 at 1:59 pm said:

@23

+ maxcoronel2014 on August 26th, 2014 at 2:01 pm said:

Hmmm. Tansistor…

+ akaJoeTea on August 26th, 2014 at 2:01 pm said:

Child of Light is definitely a “must buy” for Vita. Fits that perfect system beautifully.

+ Ikusa02 on August 26th, 2014 at 2:02 pm said:

@23 You are correct. The highest discount offered is 75%. Please fix this blog staff.

+ Ghostwize on August 26th, 2014 at 2:03 pm said:

Beyond Two Souls! That is a steal of a deal. That dang 25 gig dl though. :/ I don’t have 50 gigs free and will have to delete a handful of my awesome massive games to get it downloaded. IE FFX/X-2, Ni No Kuni, all of my Tales of Games…..Grrrrrr….I think I gotta buy it though. :D

+ WillySJ3 on August 26th, 2014 at 2:03 pm said:

No Child of Light for Vita???? Well, nothing for me to buy…..

+ ae11 on August 26th, 2014 at 2:03 pm said:

@1, I hope they didn’t refund your money. If that’s the case everyone would ask for a refund anytime something changed price. I don’t understand why there are so many entitled people on the comment section every week.

+ Ikusa02 on August 26th, 2014 at 2:04 pm said:

Also, Closure has a Non-Plus discount of 66%. So you can up that to 66% if you want.

+ JosephDUDEhola1 on August 26th, 2014 at 2:05 pm said:

I wanted go buy BEYOND: Two Souls, but couldn’t because I needed to buy something else with those $20 I had in my wallet…

So I just ended up picking R&C Over the Nexus, & all of the Nep-Nep (Hyperdimension Neptunia RB1) DLCs.

Also, I was expecting more Vita games… But either way, this sale is pretty good. :D

+ Ikusa02 on August 26th, 2014 at 2:05 pm said:

@29 I had to delete the same games so far :( I WILL COMPLETE YOU ALL SOME DAY!

+ tylerh1701 on August 26th, 2014 at 2:05 pm said:

Tiny Brains still shows $4.99 on the store. Are you guys going to drop it to $2.50?

+ Chip1010 on August 26th, 2014 at 2:06 pm said:

This is an outrage. Once you buy a product, it’s illegal for the price of that product to ever drop.

+ TimMalouff on August 26th, 2014 at 2:11 pm said:

Will the US ever get a upgrade option forGuacamelee! Bundle Fantastic is we already got it for Vita/PS3 like Europe did when it was released for the PS4?

Why don’t we get an upgrade option? Europe even had it on sale

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition: PS4 Upgrade £3.29/€3.99/AU$5.95 (£2.96/€3.59/AU$5.36 discount) (only available if you own PS3/Vita version)

+ BloodiedWraith on August 26th, 2014 at 2:11 pm said:

@31 – It’s not that people are entitled it’s just that most retailers offer a 14-30 day price protection policy and it’s definitely something that Sony should implement into the PSN.

+ TigerStealth on August 26th, 2014 at 2:11 pm said:

No child of light Vita discount??

+ DaveTheSnake on August 26th, 2014 at 2:12 pm said:

I cant believe the price of *PSN game* dropped. I’m going to complain until the end of time.

I love you internet.

+ Dragjae55 on August 26th, 2014 at 2:12 pm said:

Tiny brains isn’t showing up as $2.50 on the store and I checked and I’m a plus member.

Chieh Chen's Avatar

+ Chieh Chen on August 26th, 2014 at 2:21 pm said:

Hi Dragjae55,

Thank you for reporting this. We are looking into it now and I will comment again with any updates.

Chieh Chen's Avatar

+ Chieh Chen on August 26th, 2014 at 4:05 pm said:

Hi again. The PS Plus discount for Tiny Brains was posted in error and has been removed. We apologize for the inconvenience!

+ Compeau on August 26th, 2014 at 2:15 pm said:

Is Child of Light cross-buy with the Vita?

+ FalconEyes1 on August 26th, 2014 at 2:24 pm said:

when will be discounts for bf4 !? :/

+ Mando44646 on August 26th, 2014 at 2:25 pm said:

Wow what abysmal Vita sales. Child of Light is on sale except for Vita? Nice ‘screw you’ to Vita owners. I *was* gonna buy it. Not anymore

And all Vita gets are old Indies. What suckitude

+ diskdocx on August 26th, 2014 at 2:25 pm said:

Excited about this sale. Flash sale last weekend was a bit of a bust, but there are a few games on here I am quite excited about.

I will grab Tiny Brains for sure, and probably Transistor which I have been watching for a while. I may get Child of Light, but would have most wanted the PSVita version. Too bad that isn’t included, and the game isn’t Cross Buy.

As for @1 and the entitled comments, I actually agree with his point. He isn’t saying prices should never change, but almost every box store retailer has at least a 30 day price protection guarantee. That is standard customer service, not entitled whining.

+ Ikusa02 on August 26th, 2014 at 2:25 pm said:

@38 That is a thought yes, but physical things can be repackaged or recycled and resold again. What is the purpose of a refund policy on something that only exists in digital form? Plus you must remember that stores abide by the same depreciation ideas unless they want a loss leader for a sale. If you buy a game at $49.99 at a retailer that’s new, the same retailer is probably not going to lower that game’s price to $39.99 in 14-30 days. If they do you could go back, offer your receipt and get your ten dollars off, but rarely does this happen. More than likely you would buy a game and some other store has it on sale for $39.99, and then sure, why not, go get your $49.99 and buy the game for $39.99. I’m sure a very rare few do this practice, but lazy people like me sure don’t.

General rule of game buying: If you can’t wait for a sale, then you are stuck with the price you paid. Stop whining.

@41 Wait until the store updates.

@42 No.

+ The_Dukenator on August 26th, 2014 at 2:27 pm said:

@29 @34 Could be a sign you need a bigger hdd. But you queue it from the web store and it won’t ask for double space to download.

It looks like some of these games weren’t cross buy when they were free for Plus members.

+ Ikusa02 on August 26th, 2014 at 2:27 pm said:

Store updated while I was typing. Sorry :(

+ DanteMerfi on August 26th, 2014 at 2:27 pm said:

I’m sorry but these deals aren’t very good.

+ The_Dukenator on August 26th, 2014 at 2:30 pm said: