PS4 - Destiny

Destiny: New Video Showcases PlayStation-Exclusive Maps, Guns, Gear

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Aug 27, 2014 // Senior Manager, Social Media

With Bungie’s epic shooter Destiny hitting PS4 and PS3 with a mountain of PlayStation-exclusive maps, guns, and gear, we’ve compiled an in-depth video that outlines exactly what you’ll get come September 9th. Watch the official trailer above — it’s quite the production!

Click here for a closer look at the full suite of PlayStation-exclusive Destiny content. And stay tuned through the next week — we’ve got more Destiny coverage as we get ready for September 9th.

+ DaZetheMaZe on August 27th, 2014 at 10:12 am said:

Coop Rules All, Newest DESTINY video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU6prkNB5Bw

Peace

+ chavez1138 on August 27th, 2014 at 10:22 am said:

Coop was fun but I’m actually enjoying more the competitive multiplayer in Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on August 27th, 2014 at 10:52 am said:

I need to try that

+ DaZetheMaZe on August 27th, 2014 at 10:27 am said:

@2 How I play games competitive is coop :)

+ LilRican on August 27th, 2014 at 10:35 am said:

Play station i challenge you to the ALS ice bucket challenge if you haven’t been challenge yet.

+ Sonicfan11589 on August 27th, 2014 at 10:39 am said:

One of the previous trailers I saw got me hyped for multiplayer. Can’t Wait!

+ chavez1138 on August 27th, 2014 at 10:40 am said:

@3 haha I meant the type of gameplay but good! in that case I like BF better :P

+ loadstone007s on August 27th, 2014 at 11:06 am said:

OH YEAH.
Being a PlayStation gamer is the best thing ever.

+ CrusaderForever on August 27th, 2014 at 11:10 am said:

Thank the gaming gods that I have DIIIRoSUEE to play right now! I am so wanting Destiny that without the former I would be so sad and anxious. Can’t wait to level up my Titan again!

+ Exadus on August 27th, 2014 at 11:18 am said:

I like how Destiny tells us up front, the type of expansion content that is coming in the future. Rather than, how other game developers sell season passes and don’t release or mention the DLC until the game is a ghost town or irrelevant. Good job! Looking forward to playing this revolutionary game!

P.s. Appreciate you not holding the carrot on a stick ( looks at other game developers)

+ yahslover77 on August 27th, 2014 at 12:43 pm said:

Everytime I hear about Destiny I feel like Smiegel…”My Precious” for one and “You ruins it” meaning every other shooter that I was actually interested in before.
I am Really looking foward to this one.

+ Gamer_USA- on August 27th, 2014 at 12:58 pm said:

Just waiting patiently for my pretty white PS4. BRING IT!

+ Makkalakka on August 27th, 2014 at 1:36 pm said:

Yeah I cant wait to play Destiny. These two weeks will fly by now. I just have one question and I hope someone can answer. I would like to know if the store will update the info to be able to unlock the game at 12EST? I know that that change was applied when watch dogs was released. Thanks for the blog post and hopefully an answer to my question. Titan out.

+ westendmatt on August 27th, 2014 at 1:38 pm said:

That armour looks pretty sweet, I must say. Plus I like the lucky bullet thing in the hand cannon

+ ossiecastro5 on August 27th, 2014 at 1:43 pm said:

Will this be paid dlc or a free exclusive update? Great work here!

+ AntiClockClock on August 27th, 2014 at 2:20 pm said:

Does anyone know the file size difference if there is any for disc vs. digital? Because I can either get the game digital and have it pre-loaded, ready to play at midnight. OR get my physical copy at Target the morning of the 9th and not be able to play until after work. :/

+ Haskell420 on August 27th, 2014 at 2:58 pm said:

Besides the single-player campaign, I’m totally looking forwards too playing CO-OP with my friends! I much rather play a Co Op campaign against really hard/expert levels of A.I. Like how RESISTANCE 2 had! Now that was “bleepin” awesome, over playing against others disguised as a friggan bush, carton, fire hydrant etc…lol

Is there going to be any Cross-Buy w/ Destiny from PS3–>PS4?

+ vstarwow on August 27th, 2014 at 3:40 pm said:

Warframe 2?

+ X-calrudy-X on August 27th, 2014 at 4:26 pm said:

is this Free or Paid exclusives?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on August 27th, 2014 at 8:57 pm said:

Comes with the game – you don’t pay extra

+ tusunami on August 27th, 2014 at 9:14 pm said:

Ah yeah this will be excellent I think I might get this as a digital download since I can’t get a ghost physical edition.

+ X-calrudy-X on August 27th, 2014 at 11:23 pm said:

Thanks for clearing that up for me Sid Shuman

+ X-calrudy-X on August 28th, 2014 at 2:22 am said:

one more question
how do you get the gear random drops, vendors or is it given to you when you start?

+ KidGreengene on August 28th, 2014 at 6:34 am said:

It will blow to not have this content but playing with friends trumps timed exclusive DLC. Since all my friends are getting this for XBO, I will be too. Sometimes it’s rough being the only PlayStation fanboy in my group.

But First-World-Problems, right? This game is going to be epic wherever you play it.

+ Blaqish on August 28th, 2014 at 7:36 am said:

Ultimate Destiny Experience is on PS. Too bad ddigital pre-orders can’t play until 12am PDT. Means East Coast can’t play until 3am. Yet XBOX is releasing by local time zone. Greatness waits… Wish I had just preordered at gamestop instead. :(

+ supvic on August 28th, 2014 at 6:31 pm said:

My friend summed this game up perfectly after playing the beta: “It’s like Borderlands 2 without the fun.”

+ honkayjeezus on August 28th, 2014 at 8:41 pm said:

Instead of talking about how many millions you pay to secure early DLC, talk about first party AAA projects on PS4.

What gems do you have to share, Sid?

+ honkayjeezus on August 29th, 2014 at 2:20 am said:

Sid?

Okay, talk to you tomorrow about PS4 AAA first party games?

+ TrueRadiantFree on August 29th, 2014 at 9:35 pm said:

SOON

+ DaftDisco on September 2nd, 2014 at 12:04 am said:

GOD these last few days have been agony, and this week is gonna suck. I have a mighty need.

+ Crageor on September 3rd, 2014 at 5:01 am said:

Will we be getting a Destiny audio profile for the PlayStation Gold headset? (I hope…I hope…)

+ gulloitine3d on September 6th, 2014 at 6:17 pm said:

Im getting Destiny Limited Edition for PS3…… FYI my PSN is gulloitine3d

+ SaltyxBadxBoy on September 13th, 2014 at 4:43 pm said:

I have beaten dust palace, yet haven’t gotten the armor, weapons or ship. What am I doing wrong?.

+ TaeThePharaoh on September 24th, 2014 at 6:50 am said:

Hey all, Looking to Gameshare. I have Diablo lll (Ultimate Evil Edition) for Destiny. PSN: TaeThePharaoh HMU IF YOU HAVE!!! PS4