Driveclub

Escape Dead Island Launches November 18th on PS3

Ryan Avery's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Avery on Aug 27, 2014 // Deep Silver

We’re happy to announce that Escape Dead Island will be coming to PS3 on November 18th. This single-player spin-off to the Dead Island series offers a third-person, survival mystery with a strong focus on story.

Cliff Calo sets out to impress his father by filming the zombie documentary of a lifetime, but through his eyes, players will discover what it means to question their sanity as reality slips away. With an increasingly more unpredictable world comes the ever-growing zombie horde. Players will need to fight for their lives using makeshift weaponry and in some cases rely entirely upon stealth-based gameplay in order to survive the undead.

The events of Escape Dead Island will provide a missing link between the original Dead Island games and Dead Island 2, as it will let players explore the all-new island of Narapala and unravel the dark secrets behind the zombie virus.

Check out Escape.deadisland.com for more information, and how you can pre-order a copy.

+ Mercenary09 on August 27th, 2014 at 8:38 am said:

Looking forward to it guys!

Ryan Avery's Avatar

+ Ryan Avery on August 27th, 2014 at 9:00 am said:

Thanks Mercenary09! Just to clarify, the game will be available on November 18th in North America and November 21st in the rest of the world.

+ toology01 on August 27th, 2014 at 8:53 am said:

Why no PS4 love? Really interested in this game but…..kind of getting to the point now where unless the game is on PS4 I might skip it unless its insanely good forcing me to have to buy it for PS3. Just a thought :)

Ryan Avery's Avatar

+ Ryan Avery on August 27th, 2014 at 10:03 am said:

We focused on making the best experience possible on the PS3 platform when development for Escape Dead Island started. You should give it a shot! It’s a great transition to Dead Island 2, which will be on the PS4. :)

+ Mercenary09 on August 27th, 2014 at 9:05 am said:

Ok great! Though you’re going to face tough competition for sales that day with Far Cry 4, Dragon Age and LBP3 all launching that day too. I too would like to see this on PS4 if you can.

+ Ryumoau on August 27th, 2014 at 9:26 am said:

You picked weird day to release this game with Far Cry 4 releasing the same day. If this is priced reasonably i might consider getting it.

+ Matrix_Lion on August 27th, 2014 at 9:36 am said:

I can get this game for my little nephew, because on September 9th he can have my PS3.

+ liammill18 on August 27th, 2014 at 9:39 am said:

Would you guys consider a Vita release for the title? It looks like it would really be at home on it.

Ryan Avery's Avatar

+ Ryan Avery on August 27th, 2014 at 10:17 am said:

You make a good point. We can certainly consider the Vita. It would be fun to sneak around an island full of zombies as you’re riding the train to work. It will definitely make your commutes intersting. :D

+ djsaiyan on August 27th, 2014 at 9:59 am said:

@4

It’s $39.99 US, $44.99 in Canada.

+ djsaiyan on August 27th, 2014 at 10:00 am said:

Oh, apologies, it’s $49.99 in Canada. Unless you grab it from Amazon.

+ Tremulan777 on August 27th, 2014 at 10:00 am said:

It would be nice to see this game on the vita.

+ italodancemp3 on August 27th, 2014 at 10:02 am said:

Please add PS Vita to the list.

+ Mercenary09 on August 27th, 2014 at 10:40 am said:

Yea I would buy this if it came out on VIta too! Make it happen Deep Silver!

+ DanteMerfi on August 27th, 2014 at 11:00 am said:

Definitely interested.

+ MakoSoul on August 27th, 2014 at 11:04 am said:

I would be interested in this game if it was coming to PS4.

+ yentair on August 27th, 2014 at 11:56 am said:

I don’t care what system this comes out for, it looks fantastic! I love the cel-shaded graphics art style.
I have a PS3 and Vita, and will probably get a PS4 next year once it finally has enough good games worth buying.
Is this releasing for PC also?
Either way, the game looks solid, congrats!

+ president2038 on August 27th, 2014 at 6:33 pm said:

Double yes to the Vita version!

+ The_Sprx on August 27th, 2014 at 8:13 pm said:

I would definitely buy a Vita version! I like the ideas you guys seem to be tinkering with in this game. Are there any new gameplay mechanics you guys are introducing to the series that you are able to disclose?

+ paul_id on August 27th, 2014 at 8:43 pm said:

Agree with the Vita sentiment. I’m sure it’d have no problem running on the hardware with the cell shaded art style.

+ Xlord-lossX on August 27th, 2014 at 9:43 pm said:

The art style is just beautiful

+ cortiz2092000 on August 27th, 2014 at 10:22 pm said:

A zombie survival cel shaded game for the psvita :) the game does sound like it would be perfect on the go :)

+ Black_Icefa02 on August 28th, 2014 at 1:13 am said:

FINALLY!!!! A 3rd Person Dead Island game!!!!! Looks like this will be my entry into the Dead Island Franchise. Lets hope it’s not the last 3P Perspective Dead Island Game, or it will be my last!

+ mazon27091 on August 28th, 2014 at 2:16 am said:

Sometimes I wish I’d not sold my PS3 so that I could play this game. No one seems to be making the effort to bring these games to the PS4. It is really annoying that the next generation console can’t play new and old games, if not on disc through the downloaded method (I don’t think the lower quality would bother me if I could play the games on my PS4)

+ alvar123456 on August 28th, 2014 at 6:36 am said:

OHHH PLEASE IN PSVITA YEAHHHHHH PLEASE

+ Medium445 on August 28th, 2014 at 7:51 am said:

Please make this game for PlayStation Vita! You will get many new fans. Please :)

+ szponix on August 28th, 2014 at 8:21 am said:

Yeah! We wait on this game for PS VITA!! :)

+ zip_czdz on August 28th, 2014 at 8:31 am said:

More Vita love please! :)

+ Jurvn on August 28th, 2014 at 8:38 am said:

Did someone say Vita?!

+ Arst_89 on August 28th, 2014 at 12:09 pm said:

@Jurvn, I heard too :D
It’s perfect for Vita ^_^

+ Shadow_Enz on August 28th, 2014 at 1:32 pm said:

This game would be perfect for Vita. As someone who imported the “Zombie Bait” edition of Dead Island Riptide on its launch day from the UK (to the US, where I live), I’d even pick up a physical release, and even a collector’s edition if one was made.

But I’ll settle even for a physical release on Vita. Would go perfectly with my daily commuting or even at-home Vita play.

+ Mintblend_44321 on August 28th, 2014 at 3:25 pm said:

Would love to play this on Vita!! Need more awesome zombie games since i beat Dead Nation so many times.

+ Amir_G_M_US on August 28th, 2014 at 5:16 pm said:

I am buying this ONLY ON PS VITA!!!
Please make this happen!!!

all game that had 2 or 3 versions I bought the Vita version…
and I do not regret it!!!
Dragon’s Crown, Final Fnatasy X/X-2, Rayman Origins, Rayman Legends.. all ON THE GO

VIVA LA VITA

+ sawed-off_orc on August 28th, 2014 at 5:17 pm said:

Oh do please bring this to Vita. I must admit I don’t usually enjoy playing cel-shaded games but this looks awesome and would be PERFECT for Vita. I bought The Walking Dead and Borderlands 2 and Jet Set Radio on Vita, and this looks like it could be better so I would DEFINITELY pick this up.

+ sawed-off_orc on August 28th, 2014 at 5:22 pm said:

Might I add, I have bought;

Dead Island, Gothic, Metro, Risen, Spellforce, Secret Files and numerous other titles that you have developed or published. I would happily add this to the list were it available on Vita. Hell even 3DS. I don’t care, I just want to play it on the go (vita is preferable though) :)

+ watstha248 on August 30th, 2014 at 10:47 am said:

Yes plese, Dead Island on the Vita.

+ DatYandereGirl on August 30th, 2014 at 11:56 pm said:

Yes, release it for the Vita please.

+ mckllrx on September 2nd, 2014 at 9:50 pm said:

i would really like to be playing this game on my vita :D