PlayStation VR

Aug 28

Aug 28

Dust: An Elysian Tail Coming to PS4

Dean Dodrill's Avatar Posted by Creator, Humble Hearts

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Most press releases are boring, awful things. This one here, for example, is pretty bad right out of the gate. Far as we can tell, most press releases are so stuffy because the people writing them are business types, with suits and ties.

So, in accordance with that free-wheeling game developer spirit, we’ve decided not to announce Dust: An Elysian Tail for PS4 ourselves. Instead, we’re going to pass the proverbial baton over to one of the stars of Dust: An Elysian Tail and let her do it instead.

There is no way this could possibly go wrong.

Dust: An Elysian Tail

“Hello, Internet-People! I’m Fidget, co-star of Dust: An Elysian Tail. As you can see in the photograph displayed above, taken moments ago in a candid fashion, I’m playing the game with a DualShock 4! That’s no Photoshop job, that’s the real deal! Dust: An Elysian Tail is coming to PlayStation 4 REALLY REALLY SOON! I KNOW! It’s crazy! Crazy like a nimbat!

“So, what is Dust: An Elysian Tail? I’m glad you asked, this being an announcement post about it and all!

Dust: An Elysian Tail

“Imagine a 2D side-scrolling platformer, with crazy-fast swordplay and screen-clearing MAGIC supplied by yours truly. There are power-ups! Special abilities! Hidden passages! A whole world of STUFF to find! Main quests! Side quests! We’ve even got a quest where you can choose to put poison ivy into some jerk’s laundry! I KNOW! It’s magical! Let’s poison his laundry TOGETHER!

“Now, if you can, imagine all this awesomeness is hand-drawn like an old animated movie from the 80’s and 90’s, but with art at crazy high resomolutions! Like, 1080p! People tell me that’s pretty darn good! Also, 60fps. I’m guessing that’s some sort of speed? Like, the speed of awesome? I don’t know much about these things, though. I mean, look at my hands! I’m not plugging anything into expensive TVs with these ham-hocks.”

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Dust: An Elysian TailDust: An Elysian Tail

Explore the award-winning hand-drawn world of Dust: An Elysian Tail on PS4, coming soon! Keep an eye on PS.Blog and our Facebook page for more updates. Have a question about the game? Want to ask Fidget a question? Drop us a line in the comments section below!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

liammill18 said:

August 28th, 10:01 am

Loved this game on 360, will definitely double dip! Vita version?

straymblaster said:

August 28th, 10:05 am

ive never played this or had interest in it because it was on 360, but now that its on PS4…..

classic case of ” this thing is dumb, oh i mean this looks rad!” for me lol

Dean Dodrill's Avatar

Dean Dodrill said:

August 28th, 12:28 pm

Thanks! I’m really excited to see how the PlayStation community receives Dust:AET!

Fireproof438 said:

August 28th, 10:19 am

Awesome! Got it cheap on a Steam sale, but will double dip on PS4 for trophies. Any new content for the PS4 version?

xClayMeow said:

August 28th, 10:20 am

Started playing this a couple weeks ago on PC. Great 2D brawler with awesome combat and nice visuals. A shame no Vita version though since that’s where platformers shine.

Dean Dodrill's Avatar

Dean Dodrill said:

August 28th, 12:31 pm

Thanks! While I’m only announcing PS4 right now, I love my Vita, and personally hope to have some good news sometime in the future.

iREVOLTER said:

August 28th, 10:22 am

Finally on Playstation! Wanted to play it quite for some time.

Hitokiri_03 said:

August 28th, 10:31 am

Awesome news!

Razlo said:

August 28th, 10:35 am

Dust: An Elysian Tail is one of my favorite XBLA games of all time. If you haven’t played it, you need to buy it when it hits PS4.

stlthriot said:

August 28th, 10:38 am

OMG, I knew waiting patiently my wish would be answered!! At last on the PS platform :D

Dean Dodrill's Avatar

Dean Dodrill said:

August 28th, 12:38 pm

Thanks! Patience is a virtue! Unless you’re Fidget. Then it just gets in the way to the sweet creamy middle.

tylerh1701 said:

August 28th, 10:38 am

Whoa! Would have never seen this coming. Such awesome news.

Dust is one of the best games on 360 period. Cannot wait to play through it again on PS4!

djsaiyan said:

August 28th, 10:39 am

Hahaha nice! Loved Dust on PC, will totally double dip on PS4.

Would also like to see a Vita version, but if it doesn’t happen, whatever.

wilfareus said:

August 28th, 10:41 am

YES :D love you Noogy!
would love to play it natively on my Vita !

The_Bunn said:

August 28th, 10:41 am

Have you seen the last numbers? Most gamers are full grown adults, you can talk to us normally withouth it being stuffy. Nice try though.

I’ll keep an eye on the game nonetheless.

Trendy_Kid said:

August 28th, 10:44 am

Love this game! Definite buy!

snakeeyes211 said:

August 28th, 10:48 am

Please bring a platinum trophy to this game

snakeeyes211 said:

August 28th, 10:50 am

Is there going to be a platinum trophy in the game ?_?

Dean Dodrill's Avatar

Dean Dodrill said:

August 28th, 12:40 pm

Nothing to announce yet, but I’m working on it!

supermoc10 said:

August 28th, 10:57 am

This literally made my day. I was planning on dusting off my 360 to buy this game because I only have my PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Wii U plugged in. I was hoping it would come to one of those platforms.

saiyanknight87 said:

August 28th, 11:04 am

This was my shiiiiizzzzzznet on the 360 now i don’t feel so bad about trading all i need now is bastion on the PS4 and my circle is complete!! lawd!!!

FearMonkey said:

August 28th, 11:15 am

Have the game on Steam (as well as the Steam Badge for it :p ) and I might absolutely definitely probably double-dip this on the PS4. :)

Go_Buddie_Go said:

August 28th, 11:20 am

Didn’t get the chance to play this on 360, and kept hoping this would come to PS3, but that never happened. Recently watched part of a playthrough on Youtube wanting to play it. So happy I’ll be able to play this on my PS4.

Dean Dodrill's Avatar

Dean Dodrill said:

August 28th, 12:33 pm

I’m really excited to finally bring the game to a PlayStation platform as well! Trust me, it’s been one of my most common requests!

saiyanknight87 said:

August 28th, 11:22 am

All i need to know is if the game is coming this year please tell mehhhh lol

Dean Dodrill's Avatar

Dean Dodrill said:

August 28th, 12:36 pm

I think you’ll be satisfied ;)

omegaman15 said:

August 28th, 12:13 pm

All of my money!! TAKE IT!! TAKE IT NOW!!!! I’ve been waiting since this game came out on the 360 for this moment!!!

K1NGT1GER609 said:

August 28th, 12:23 pm

Time to buy dust for the 7th time and report to wikia about this edition. Hail Dust!

AizawaYuuichi said:

August 28th, 12:31 pm

Never bought XBLA games back when I had a 360, and held off buying this on Steam just because I really don’t care for PC gaming.
Now that it’s coming to PS4, you can bet I’ll pick this up. It’s been haunting my steam wishlist for a while now, so I’m quite happy to remove it and just buy it when it releases on my current console of choice. Thanks for bringing this to the PS Nation.

Dean Dodrill's Avatar

Dean Dodrill said:

August 28th, 12:36 pm

Thank you for waiting so long! I hope you’ll enjoy it!

Xanthus179 said:

August 28th, 12:36 pm

I really enjoyed this on Steam but had hope that I’d see a Sony console release. I’m really excited for this one!

Malkavilis said:

August 28th, 12:39 pm

Vita version pleeeeeeeease!!!

Macello said:

August 28th, 12:46 pm

I loved playing this on 360 and I was just thinking that I’d love for it to come to Playstation so I’d have an excuse to play through it again and get trophies for it!

Macello said:

August 28th, 12:47 pm

Also, I second the platinum trophy comment. I got nearly 100% in the game too quickly (I was only missing one achievement.) Not having a platinum will hurt your sales and this game has more than enough length to justify it.

MakoSoul said:

August 28th, 12:53 pm

I got this free for 360, but didn’t play too much of it yet. I am glad a held-off because I would much rather play it on PS4!

Postmita said:

August 28th, 12:59 pm

Nice, congrats fidget. Loved the game on 360. I keep getting distracted watching the animations of enemies as they pound me. Can’t wait to see it on ps4!

Blacq_Soul said:

August 28th, 1:11 pm

never got around to beating it for the 360 but I definitely will for the ps4. thanks for this

WaReWoLf4194 said:

August 28th, 1:13 pm

Thank you for bringing this to Playstation! I bought this game a while ago on PC, but i would love to play it again on PS4. I hope it comes to Vita eventually!

EmoBoy4658 said:

August 28th, 1:19 pm

Sweet! One of the better 2D exploration games with some truly fantastic combat. Really happy this is coming to the PS4. Will certainly be getting this day one. It’s about time I replayed it.

Nacthenud said:

August 28th, 1:20 pm

This was one of my favourite games of last gen. LOVED it! Might double-dip. Depends on price.

AsR164 said:

August 28th, 1:42 pm

loved this game on 360 and now its coming on the ps4 my current gen console of choice ( im still mad at M$ for that E3 year with their DMR ****box) going to double dip this game again on ps4 when its out

MakaiOokami said:

August 28th, 1:42 pm

I don’t know if I got this game for Steam or from Humble Bundle. Fact of the matter is I wanted it so bad but I’m worried that my computer is filled with cream. Not delicious creamy cream, but old, crusty, dried up, needs to be replaced cream!

If this game is $10 dollars and cross-buy with Vita when that comes out, you guys will have done the perfect job. Couldn’t ask for better than that.

If this game comes out for $10 dollars and is a $5 upgrade to get the Vita version when that comes out, then great job, I feel like you care.

If this game costs more than $20 dollars to own both copies, I will feel like I was taken advantage of, and then tossed to the curb. Not because the game isn’t worth it or anything, but because on PC it’s on sale for $2.99 and I’m only asking for the PC price, for 2 very similar PC like platforms.

Why is it a big deal? I hate buying 1 version, and wishing I had bought the other version, and then seeing the version I bought free for plus, but not the version I felt I should have gotten.

MakaiOokami said:

August 28th, 1:45 pm

I don’t know if I can edit my above post. When I said “only asking for the PC price” right after mentioning the sale, I didn’t mean the sale price, I mean the full price.

If this game ends up being october PS Plus and Cross-buy, it might physically cause enough joy to cause my heart to explode! Just warning… raise me up gently if that’s the case!

NekketsuBoat said:

August 28th, 1:47 pm

This is a game that should be in ps vita, I have a 360 version is awesome! <3

Lyra_70 said:

August 28th, 2:16 pm

Awesome!

RoII_chan said:

August 28th, 2:29 pm

Never played this game before but I just watched a 360 trailer and it looks interesting, Im gonna get it =)

I liked how Fidget talked to us <3

xClayMeow said:

August 28th, 2:46 pm

Oh man, Dean, don’t tease us like that!!!!! :D

honkayjeezus said:

August 28th, 3:10 pm

Finally, a side-scrolling platformer on PS4/sarcasm.

Surfaced said:

August 28th, 3:58 pm

And people said it would never happen. Good of you to port it over!

The_4th_Hokage_X said:

August 28th, 4:03 pm

OK. WHAT IS UP WITH ALL OF THESE CHILDREN LOOKING GAMES FOR PS4?!?!?!?!? EVER SINCE ITS RELEASE!! TRINE 2? NOW THIS? WHERE ARE THE REAL LOOKING GAMES?? THEY SAID PS4 HAD POWER, NOT PU…. im sorry but ive had my ps4 for a few months and im tired of playing dc universe.. didnt like infamous or the other “remastered games” i dont believe in remastered from ps3 to 4….. so now im waiting for octuber/november.. for the real games to come out.. for the time being my ps4 is collecting dust… thnx sony

PersonaDante said:

August 28th, 4:29 pm

I bought this on the 360, got it a second time (this time on PC) through a Humble Bundle, and you bet I’ll be getting it a third time for the PS4. I love this game.

Flizenator said:

August 28th, 4:39 pm

Nice!! I always wanted to get this on 360, but never got a chance to pick it up even though I loved the demo. Gameplay is top notch and the graphics are absolutely gorgeous, can’t wait to see it on PS4. I’ll be picking this up for sure and playing it for my daughters, thanks for bringing this absolutely awesome game to my next gen console of choice and good luck with the launch of it.

bray4ever8 said:

August 28th, 4:46 pm

I absolutely loved this game on the 360 and am looking forward to see how this looks on PS4. My only complaint was there was no “Plus Mode” other than that, it was fun.

paradoQs said:

August 28th, 6:39 pm

I loved the game on my 7 year old stoneage PC. This will be the first game, that I buy twice.
Thanks for this step

AbscissaAbscissa said:

August 28th, 6:54 pm

The game seems cool, but seriously, “crazy” is an adjective. Using it as an adverb makes the speaker sound crazy stupid.

BlaqMagiq24 said:

August 28th, 6:55 pm

OMG I remember watching a trailer for this and even bought it on Steam! But I never got around to playing it. You can bet I WILL get this on PS4!

Thank you for bringing this!

Elvick_ said:

August 28th, 7:02 pm

Bought this, reluctantly on 360, loved it. Bought it on PC because I loved it.

Always hoping it’d come to PlayStation. So happy that it is now.

I hope you can get it to Vita too, because I’ll buy it again there. Having this awesome game portable would be amazing! Until then, I can’t wait to play it on PS4. :D

PAGE 1 2