Minecraft PS4

What’s New in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX?

Kaori Takasue's Avatar + Posted by Kaori Takasue on Aug 28, 2014 // Product Manager, Square Enix Japan Studios

One of the most common questions we receive all over the place is “what exactly is new to Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX?”

Well, we’ve made it easy for everyone. In the latest New Features trailer, we highlight a few of the MANY new pieces of content that you all can enjoy on December 2nd.

Brand new to us, the Final Mix versions of both Kingdom Hearts II and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep are two of the stories included in this compilation. So you get to relive Kingdom Hearts awesomeness, for the first time!

In addition to everything detailed in the trailer, here’s just a small sliver of things that you can look forward to:

Kingdom Hearts II

• A remastered soundtrack has been completely overhauled by an orchestra to provide a richer and more beautiful experience. More than 90 of the music tracks have been remastered.
  • A secret movie that leads in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
  • New gummi ship missions

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

• New action and support abilities
  • New deck commands and a command style — “Rhythmic Mixer”
  • New items!

Kingdom Hearts Re:coded

• Cinematic cutscenes based off of your favorite battles, including — Data Sora vs. Data Riku

If you weren’t already looking forward to fighting in Mickey’s house in Timeless River, or lightcycling through Space Paranoids or driving yourself crazy by playing that ice cream mini game in Disney Town in Birth by Sleep… there’s a lot more content to look forward to! Let’s. Get. HYPED!

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIXKingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX will launch exclusively on PS3 this December 5th. You can pre-order to get a complimentary upgrade to the Limited Edition, which contains the free exclusive Disney collectible pin badge at participating retailers. Pre-order here.

What new feature are you looking forward to the most in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX?

50 Comments

+ shadowlusterx on August 28th, 2014 at 6:10 am said:

KH2 was amazing but KH2:FM makes it the perfect game. Sooooooo good. I’m so hyped. :D
Any possibility of getting Kingdom Hearts avatars on PSN?
Also the “Pre-order here” link near the bottom of the post isn’t working.

+ Trendy_Kid on August 28th, 2014 at 6:12 am said:

Yay, more gummi ship missions!

+ markshneider on August 28th, 2014 at 6:12 am said:

Dear Kaori, and Square Enix, seeing this just gives me chills. Awesome!
But honestly, I (and I think many more around the world) have to ask, no, rather, beg:
Please, release Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 and HD 2.5 on the PS4 AND PS Vita!
Please, release Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (or even the PSP version) on PS Vita!
These types of games are the perfect fit for the PS Vita as they are lengthy, action packed and truly enjoyable experiences!

Thanks!

+ TubaDude49 on August 28th, 2014 at 6:12 am said:

Will Birth by Sleep have local and/or online multiplayer in the Mirage Arena? I’d love to play some battles with local friends.

+ Cat_Corye on August 28th, 2014 at 6:13 am said:

Does this mean Kingdom Hearts Re:coded is only cutscenes? I can’t wait for this, kind of wish both were HD Remastered for PS4.

+ president2038 on August 28th, 2014 at 6:16 am said:

Can’t wait for 2.5 ReMix! Thank you, Takasue-san! Please consider releasing this on PlayStation Vita as well. Or, at the very least, allow us to play Birth By Sleep on the PlayStation Vita. It has been a dream of mine to be able to play the game on that system.

+ Dustinwp on August 28th, 2014 at 6:22 am said:

I’m surprised Microsoft hasn’t paid you to make this an Xbox exclusive, or are you just waiting to announce it Tokyo Games Show?

+ madmanwithabox12 on August 28th, 2014 at 6:22 am said:

Watch the comments once again descend into a gazillion Vita requests and watch as, once again, Square Enix completely ignores it all over again.

+ Pinguim556 on August 28th, 2014 at 6:23 am said:

I would buy KH 1,5 and 2,5 if it went to PS4 and PSN.
I sold my PS3 you know, and I prefer digital games.
A remastered version of Dream Drop Distance for PS4 would be great too.

+ president2038 on August 28th, 2014 at 6:28 am said:

@9 That actually seems pretty plausible, considering PS4 has 3D Blu-Ray support now. Something tells me they would probably want to either drop the “3D” from the name or allow it to be a game playable on 3DTV’s. The former is more likely, but the latter would be really cool. But since that would take some time to do, I could see it as being part of a collector’s edition or pre-order bonus with KH3 on PS4. Or maybe being released a few months in advance to drum up hype?

+ ossiecastro5 on August 28th, 2014 at 6:31 am said:

I literally can’t wait for this. A little earlier might be nice. ;)

Anyway, I am glad to hear this all. I am also glad to hear the remastered sound tracks. The orchestra did a brilliant job in 1.5 and I look forward to seeing and hearing everything new.

+ ossiecastro5 on August 28th, 2014 at 6:33 am said:

And I’m glad to hear the the track Fate of the Unknown is remastered! That’s my favorite track from BBS.

+ ziggy_86 on August 28th, 2014 at 6:38 am said:

Now.. we need a ps4 version, of 1.5 and 2.5 ;)
you know, for those whose ps3 doesn’t work anymore.. =(

+ rafael_martines on August 28th, 2014 at 6:42 am said:

There will be Dual Audio or Japanese audio as DLC?

+ Vextalon on August 28th, 2014 at 6:42 am said:

Is there going to be a limited edition of this with the artbook?

+ Archacus on August 28th, 2014 at 6:43 am said:

Ahaha no

Keep your pin for so called “LIMITED” edition

Also I’m not buying any new game from Square Enix if you:
1. Won’t release Type-0 on Vita (that’s the place it belongs)
2. Won’t release Tomb Raider on PS4 without time exclusive (yes break that prostitution type of deal with M$, you will pay penalty fee… but that’s not our problem, you were stupid enough to make that deal than you have to deal with it on your own… if you won’t say bye bye to your loyal fans)

Like I already said, I have already pre-ordered KH 2.5 HD… but than cancelled it because of recent Square Enix activites.

*spits under SE feets*

+ PAFenix on August 28th, 2014 at 6:46 am said:

Please let the Difficulty Trophies stack this time around.

I’d rather do without Gummi Ship Mission trophies…..but I’ll live if they are present.

Just please…..stack the difficulty trophies. >.<

+ TopoClandestino on August 28th, 2014 at 6:48 am said:

People should be crazy selling their PlayStation 3 considering how many games are still coming like Ar Nosurge, KH HD 2.5 and maybe Atelier Shallie in the west in 2015. I guess these exclusive releases (vita also sometimes, like nosurge) take part of a kind of “strategy” to keep it alive a bit more. Fortunately I must say, cause I don’t have a PS4 yet.

+ Sorahl213 on August 28th, 2014 at 7:01 am said:

Awesome! Great to see a great trailer and a teaser layout for all of the new features. It’ll be fun going back to KH2:FM and getting everything again but with trophies! Never got around to BBS:FM on PSP even though I own it, but atleast I get to play it in HD now! :D Also, already mentioned by PAFenix, please stack difficulty trophies!

Btw, anything to announce or tease at for a NA or EU collector’s edition? I already preordered the Jap CE for KH2.5 Remix, but hey an avid NA fan and collector for KH has to ask lol

+ xClayMeow on August 28th, 2014 at 7:10 am said:

Bring KH 1.5, 2.5, 3, and/or an exclusive spin-off to VITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Mercenary09 on August 28th, 2014 at 7:17 am said:

Got my copy pre ordered. I’d like to see a Kingdom Hearts game on the Vita though.

+ Ventus_Fury on August 28th, 2014 at 7:23 am said:

@4 In the E3 Interview, it was said that they removed Multiplayer concept out of the game completely but had altered the difficulty/AI in it. I don’t care for this change… but they say it’s because of the KH3 dilemma, and that they need to concentrate on it.

@16 I agree with you on this issue EXCEPT the “demands” I can deal with Type-0 on PS4/Xbone… and then you also have to remember that “Demand 2″… man they have to make money, it isn’t as easy as saying “Oh we have to make it for both, release it on same day” crap. Look at Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare, yeah it was 6 months late, but the game came out for PS4/3 later still. AND IT IS BETTER THEN NOT AT ALL COMING OUT! (Which Tomb Raider is)

+ shuaDove on August 28th, 2014 at 7:46 am said:

Excited. I’m eagerly awaiting a cold, snowy weekend in December to play this. Somehow Kingdom Hearts always seemed like a “winter” RPG to me. It’s probably the Disney magic doing its job.

The new TR announcement aside, I’ve been very happy with Square-Enix lately. Keep up the good work everyone!

+ vSilentangel on August 28th, 2014 at 8:04 am said:

I both love and hate these posts…. Love it for obvious reasons and hate it because…… damn, that’s a long time to wait for the game and all these trailers make me want it now. Haha

+ soraofhearts18 on August 28th, 2014 at 8:39 am said:

i find it funny how they are toting all of the original fm content as new features, though true we in america didnt get them they arent exactly new….the only new thing is the redone music. its too bad we cant do online multiplayer with bbsfm but its still a fun game and i cant wait to play it on the big screen.

+ maxcoronel2014 on August 28th, 2014 at 8:43 am said:

I wouldnt mind getting a PS4 version of it…

+ Shiroyami on August 28th, 2014 at 9:19 am said:

This trailer was so epic, only Kingdom Hearts can make me feel this pumped and mystified.

+ ToddlerNaruto on August 28th, 2014 at 9:29 am said:

Thanks for the article listing everything, I can’t wait to play KH HD 2.5 Remix. I plan on asking a relative to buy this game for me as a Christmas 2014 present.

I’d ask my mom, but she’ll already be buying me a Wii U this Christmas.

+ GattsuWolf on August 28th, 2014 at 9:42 am said:

Why not for psvita??????? WHY???????

+ Trendy_Kid on August 28th, 2014 at 10:47 am said:

Whyyyy no PS4?!

+ Gwen_Allstaria on August 28th, 2014 at 10:52 am said:

Oh my.. Look at all the entitled gamers we have here.

1.) If they wanted to put 1 and 2.5 on the vita/ps4 they would do so.
2.) @ the person making demands at SE do you really think they’re gonna listen to one person’s demands? I personally wanted Type 0 forever ago and bought my old psp partly for that. But do you see me screaming at them about it? No you don’t…
3.) Why did you sell your ps3 for the ps4 that’s silly everyone should know that the ps3 is gonna be going strong for some time. Look at the ps2 they just recently stopped selling used ps2 games at gamestop.

C’mon guys…

+ Zionine on August 28th, 2014 at 11:31 am said:

I second this motion: Bring some games over to the Vita and KH 1-2 to PS4.

+ nlbrain on August 28th, 2014 at 11:35 am said:

No love for the PS vita? Would love to play this everywhere i can!

+ imadehersayWTF on August 28th, 2014 at 1:12 pm said:

Can you please consider bringing this to the vita? The FFX HD series sold beyond SE’s expectations on vita and turned a profit. Kingdom Hearts is popular in both North American and Asian markets. Vita owners have an insane attach rate because we have money to spend and we want GREAT games. Kingdom Hearts would thrive because it would launch in a AAA vacuum and appease our ferocious appetites for games. Please support the Vita.

+ Sennyize on August 28th, 2014 at 1:31 pm said:

Still no artbook announcement still no preorder.
I’d easily pay extra just so that the game would match KH 1.5 HD… Plus FF X-X2 HD

+ Reptar_Lover on August 28th, 2014 at 1:38 pm said:

What are the chances of this coming to ps vita?

+ T7L3RB on August 28th, 2014 at 1:52 pm said:

Patch KH 1.5 Remix for that sound glitch and I might consider buying this. Otherwise I’ll pass cause the sound cutting out all the time isn’t doesn’t make that reorchestrated music that worthwhile.

+ RPGCrazied on August 28th, 2014 at 4:12 pm said:

Any word on the packaging for this? I know they said they were looking at making the box the same size at 1.5’s box. I’d love to see a picture of it.

+ IntelVn on August 28th, 2014 at 4:37 pm said:

No Vita No Buy +_+

+ PrinceofXIII on August 28th, 2014 at 5:14 pm said:

Hope they make 1.5 + 2.5 HD Collection PS Vita and PS4 version in the near future!

+ enricofg_ on August 28th, 2014 at 5:29 pm said:

I don’t get why they can’t release this and the HD 1.5 remix for PS4, it shouldn’t be that hard.

+ Aneudi_PR on August 28th, 2014 at 8:21 pm said:

Please Square Enix, Bring this game to the Vita, PLEASE!

+ abar666 on August 28th, 2014 at 9:06 pm said:

Square Enix? Whats that? Meh

+ Not_Too_Sweet on August 28th, 2014 at 10:19 pm said:

I can’t wait for a new version of “Dance to the Death.”
Also and abar666: piss off bloody troll.

+ Marvo995 on August 29th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

I’d like to play this wonderful collection, but I just own a PS Vita system, and it would be wonderful if these three titles (even if only Kingdom Hearts II and Byrth By sleep would be enough for me to justify my purchase) could be ported to this handheld console.

+ plaztiksyke on August 29th, 2014 at 12:46 pm said:

looking great!… except for the part with the whale — it looks like those textures and the water particle effects still need to be “remastered”.

will there be alternate dialog besides the character continually saying “back off!”? it’s in the trailer half a dozen times, and I hope the quips will be more varied in-game.

+ King_DJ_Darryl on August 31st, 2014 at 7:03 pm said:

that’s going to be good

+ TJF588 on August 31st, 2014 at 8:58 pm said:

1) Be sure to add a soft-reset and mid-battle reset options to KH2FM (the former in just about every other KH, the latter first seen in the included BbS).

2) With Re:coded’s scenes being the only really new-ness I’ve read up yet, I’m for one looking forward to the penultimate boss battle.

3) Speaking of which, I still wish 358/2 Days’ treatment had been akin to how Re:coded’s being handled. Aside from the kickin’ penultimate boss (which also put context to a preceding cutscene), there were unique Heartless bosses and other memorable encounters (especially during Roxas’s departure).

+ stickmanmakerr on September 7th, 2014 at 12:32 pm said:

Please listen to the fans and bring the game to the PS Vita SE. Im so hyped up for this game and i want to play it on the go so

PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU GUYS BRING IT TO THE VITA!!

+ PrisonFresh on September 8th, 2014 at 7:36 am said: