Driveclub

PlayStation Blogcast 132: Prime Evil

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Aug 29, 2014 // Social Media Specialist

It’s PAX Prime weekend! For today’s show, we have new games coming September 2nd, as well as an overview of what PlayStation has going at PAX in Seattle. Plus, listener letters, banter, and Sid’s love for Diablo loot.

Subscribe via iTunes or RSS, or download here

Stuff We Talked About

• PAX Prime 2014
  • Diablo III: Reaper of Souls PS4
  • Metro Redux
  • Salt and Sanctuary
  • Joe Danger
  • Rogue Legacy

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com or leave a voice message! 650-288-6706

The Cast

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on August 29th, 2014 at 4:36 pm said:

Happy PAX weekend!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on August 29th, 2014 at 4:43 pm said:

Woop woooop

+ ColonelOCorn on August 29th, 2014 at 4:38 pm said:

Hi Clements! Have fun in Seattle! Did you enjoy any fish on Kauai? :)

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on September 1st, 2014 at 8:52 am said:

We saw many fish in Kaua’i! But we did not eat them. For we are vegetarian. ^_^

+ Tjoeb123 on August 29th, 2014 at 5:21 pm said:

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOORRRRRRR?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

(Mega Man X4, if you didn’t catch that)

+ DrApollo on August 29th, 2014 at 6:01 pm said:

I hear this show is jam PAX’d with goodness.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on September 1st, 2014 at 8:52 am said:

Oh my.

+ Sethen on August 29th, 2014 at 6:01 pm said:

I’ll give the PS Vita version of Don’t Starve a go. Did the same with FEZ on PS Vita and what a match for a handheld gamer.

+ moecage on August 29th, 2014 at 6:03 pm said:

It would be nice if the demos from pax were also on psn so we can play them.

+ colef10 on August 29th, 2014 at 6:18 pm said:

Velocity 2X Tuesday! GET IT! ITS FREE WITH PS PLUS. GET IT.

+ Heartless_Angel7 on August 29th, 2014 at 6:24 pm said:

Ryan, The bear’s name is Monokuma. One more week till Destiny…..

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on September 1st, 2014 at 8:53 am said:

Thanks! I thought it was, but didn’t want to say it wrong on the show.

+ SNORLAXex on August 29th, 2014 at 7:36 pm said:

Currently not playing: Mega Man X4 and Suikoden II.

…hopefully soon though.
C’mon PsOne classics.

+ Kchow23 on August 29th, 2014 at 9:51 pm said:

No PAX Blogcast panel this time? or am I getting podcasts confused?

+ Lackshmana on August 29th, 2014 at 10:22 pm said:

@9

Count me in for Suikoden 2 and Mega Man X4 as well.

The PSN desperately needs more true PS Classics.

Also, the PS4 needs local PS1 and PS2 emulation.

Let me give ou my money for these games and features, please.

+ coolwhip_01 on August 30th, 2014 at 12:19 pm said:

You guys never played Danganronpa?! Fix that. It’s way better than Zero Escape Virtue’s last reward.

+ Rezolution77 on August 31st, 2014 at 10:21 am said:

Have to seriously agree with #9 & #11.

Been holding off buying a PS4, untill then.

Same as needing more PS2 style games ,(HD remake) for PSVita.

Watching………. House of Cards – Netflix
Listening to …… Same MP3 library
Playing…………. Sly Cooper Trilogy, FFX for Vita

+ Rezolution77 on August 31st, 2014 at 10:26 am said:

Forgot about looking foward to Natural Doctrine for Vita.

+ ESIASON7 on September 1st, 2014 at 11:41 am said:

Great show guys! Sent you an email about my fav one liner.

Watching…… Gundam Wing
Listening to…… Reverie Sound Revue’s Rip the Universe
Playing….. Transistor, Infamous First Light, Popo & Yo

+ mikeyg1982 on September 1st, 2014 at 12:09 pm said:

When I try to listen to the blogcast my ps4 is telling me i need to have adobe flash installed to play sounds. How do I enable flash on my PS4?

+ TwinDad on September 2nd, 2014 at 8:10 am said:

Watching…… Top Gear (UK), PAX Streaming
Listening to…… Seattle Mariners Baseball
Playing….. SMT Devil Survivor
Doing: Vacation in Portland, OR

Sadly too busy with a bathroom remodel to play games this last week. This week seems like the same as last week, but I should finish the bathroom. Then on to some yard remodeling. Winter will be here before I know it, then the rain, and lots of games.

+ israelpacheco89 on September 2nd, 2014 at 8:45 am said:

Been listening for a while through iTunes but first time commenting on the show post. Really digging the show. It’s become quite comedic the last few months and feels like everyone is gelling well together. Keep up the great work! HA HARRRR (Jeff Goldblum laugh)

+ HugoStiglitz_420 on September 10th, 2014 at 6:58 pm said:

PS Blog,

Is there any chance that you guys could do some PS Blogcast Play’s type videos where all you guys play a video game and put together a video with face cam and gameplay? I think that would be cool.

You could do co-op games obviously, but also some single player, multiplayer, and of course challenges of some sort. I think it would be cool, and you guys obviously love playing games so why not?