Minecraft PS4

Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell Coming to PS4, PS3 on 1/27/2015

Kate Nelson's Avatar + Posted by Kate Nelson on Aug 29, 2014 // Associate Producer, Volition

Eight years ago today, Volition introduced the world to Johnny Gat: the badass lieutenant of the 3rd Street Saints with a knack for bloodshed. Over the years, he waged war against the Vice Kings in Saints Row, took brutal revenge for his lost love against The Ronin in Saints Row 2, selflessly sacrificed himself to save his friends in Saints Row: The Third, and triumphantly returned to eviscerate the Zin Empire in Saints Row IV.

Today, on this anniversary, we at Volition are thrilled to announce a new standalone expansion for Saints Row IV in which Johnny Gat must face the only opponent worthy of his extreme reputation: Satan himself.

Fans have been wondering: where we can possibly go after the Saints have conquered the known Universe? Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is our answer. Johnny Gat and Kinzie Kensington embark on a quest to save The President/God Emperor of the Universe from Hell’s infernal city of New Hades. After teaming up with former enemy Dane Vogel, they learn The Boss is going to be forced to marry Satan’s daughter! The Saints must conquer the demon-infested city and save their friend before it is too late.

Volition has been working hand in hand with High Voltage Software to create this heroic epilogue to Saints Row IV. For the first time, players can play as their favorite Saints, Johnny Gat and Kinzie Kensington solo or cooperatively with a friend. This expansion features an open-world city sandbox where players progress the story however they please: medaling on activities, completing diversions, exploring, conquering the city, finding hidden treasures, killing — the possibilities are sure to please!

Saints Row @ PAX Prime 2014Saints Row @ PAX Prime 2014

Our brand new city of New Hades features five distinct islands including a barren wasteland of an ancient war, a towering downtown for Hell’s elite, and a crammed slums built for ultimate suffering. This new environment is specifically catered to one of our new supernatural powers: angelic flight! With angelic wings, our Saints will terrorize the ranks of Hell’s armies from ankle-biting imps to massive Arch-Demons.

Super powers are making a return with supernatural twists from demonic summons to deadly holy auras. A new arsenal of wicked weapons can be found as well as The 7 Legendary Deadly Weapons — each the twisted embodiment of one of the 7 deadly sins! Fans may also find some much needed closure for past friends (And enemies!).

Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is coming to PS4 and PS3 on January 27th, 2015, and will also be bundled with our new-gen version: Saints Row IV: Re-Elected.

PAGE 1 2

+ FifthDream on August 29th, 2014 at 11:05 am said:

Gahahahaha! I need this so much. AMAZING! I can’t wait for it.

+ FifthDream on August 29th, 2014 at 11:06 am said:

“new-gen version: Saints Row IV: Re-Elected.”

* Also this.

+ bedatguy on August 29th, 2014 at 11:07 am said:

I’m confused? Do you need Saints Row IV to play it? If so, I have a season pass. Do I still have to pay?

+ Kate Nelson on August 29th, 2014 at 11:08 am said:

Glad to hear you are excited! It’s nice to finally let the Gat out of the bag on this one ;-)

(okay I may have been holding on to that joke for too long…)

+ Kate Nelson on August 29th, 2014 at 11:09 am said:

It is a stand-alone expansion – you do not have to have own Saints Row IV in order to play.

+ heyricochet on August 29th, 2014 at 11:10 am said:

Noooooo no more superpowers. Saints Row 4 just made the game into a weird version of Crackdown. I want driving to mean something again. Why have all these awesome cars if running and flying is faster?

+ Kate Nelson on August 29th, 2014 at 11:13 am said:

Cars are still available and fun – slightly dangerous, given the driving conditions in Hell!

+ SlyCooperFan100 on August 29th, 2014 at 11:14 am said:

@Kate Nelson You… do know how to reply to comments, right? Without making your own comment? :P

I’m not sure I’m really excited for this… I mean, Saints Row in Hell sounds really awesome, but… ehh. Idk. I’ll have to wait and see how it turns out.

+ Kate Nelson on August 29th, 2014 at 11:17 am said:

Fair point, I *may* be a little excited!

+ DeviantBoi on August 29th, 2014 at 11:16 am said:

Gentlemen, you have outdone yourselves!

Will buy for PS4!

+ discordia on August 29th, 2014 at 11:27 am said:

Will SR4: Re-elected be bundled with Gat Out of Hell? Just I would love to buy it for the PS4 but if it’s an additional charge on top it might be a little off-putting =$

+ Kate Nelson on August 29th, 2014 at 11:29 am said:

Yes – it is possible to buy SRIV: Re-Elected bundled with SR: Gat Out Of Hell. Or separately.

+ discordia on August 29th, 2014 at 11:29 am said:

Ooops, missed the last sentence… ignore the previous comment, derp. x___x;

+ thunderstriker09 on August 29th, 2014 at 11:35 am said:

Hey Kat you probably get this question a lot but……is there any chance that the first Saints Row will be brought over to the PS3? You since that’s the only one missing from the Saints Row family on the PS3.

+ Kate Nelson on August 29th, 2014 at 11:39 am said:

Sorry, I can’t comment on that :)

+ gosox on August 29th, 2014 at 11:39 am said:

Awesome

+ ossiecastro5 on August 29th, 2014 at 11:40 am said:

I’m glad to see Saints Row 4 coming to the PS4. Will any changes or additions be made?

+ Kate Nelson on August 29th, 2014 at 11:45 am said:

+ italodancemp3 on August 29th, 2014 at 11:45 am said:

What about PS Vita?
I only can pay money on vita games that’s all.

+ Kate Nelson on August 29th, 2014 at 11:46 am said:

It can be played with PS Vita Remote play, yes!

+ italodancemp3 on August 29th, 2014 at 11:50 am said:

Oh but I wanted a Vita port :( I don’t own other PS console except Vita.i wish you could add vita in your list.

+ ossiecastro5 on August 29th, 2014 at 11:52 am said:

It is nice to hear about the additions made here, thank you! The voice commands have me curious the most.

+ tusunami on August 29th, 2014 at 11:52 am said:

Good idea for the Saints Row series to try & compete with GTA5 but will this really help doubt it.

+ ThakidIg on August 29th, 2014 at 12:11 pm said:

Looks like I’ll be skipping out on the series once again. Wasn’t interested in SR4 and certainly not this crap.

+ Viewtiful_Gene on August 29th, 2014 at 12:37 pm said:

But Saints Row IV was already an standalone expansion of Saints Row The Third, therefore this bundle should be called “Saints Row: DLC Re-Released”, am I right?

+ viceforce on August 29th, 2014 at 12:41 pm said:

Ugh Seriously!? I didn’t play saints row 1 but I played (n didn’t finish) Saints Row 2 and loved it. Played Saints Row 3 a little and it was alright to WTF. Then SRIV went extremely out there and now THIS. This is really turning the series into GTA Parody if it isn’t already.

+ U_Nick on August 29th, 2014 at 1:03 pm said:

“Yes! There will be visual enhancements, fun voice commands, and it also includes all of the DLC that has been released for Saints Row IV. There is no reduction of content :)”

With this cost ALL my money? Because I’m willing to literally give you ALL my money for this. You could have done this alone, but a new Hell city? Play as Johnny and Kinzie? THANK YOU

3 is still my favorite, but IV is close behind. A welcome update.

+ Kate Nelson on August 29th, 2014 at 1:14 pm said:

Thanks :)

SRIV: Re-Elected will be $29.00 and SR: Gat Out of Hell will be $19.99. Bundled together: $49.99 :)

I think the new city is going to amaze for sure! Kinzie/Gat also have a lot of great one-liners, haha.

+ GattsuWolf on August 29th, 2014 at 1:04 pm said:

Hey you developers! What’s your problem with the psvita? Fear? Hate? WTF?? Why can’t you develop as many games as for the ps3/ps4?? We really need and want more famous franchises in our vitas… E3: NOTHING, GAMESCOM: NOTHING, now the pax stuff: some cool games but only a fraction of what ps4 is getting :/ cmon!!!! Aaggghhhhh (sorry needed to say something about it I know nothing is going to change u_u)

+ FearMonkey on August 29th, 2014 at 1:07 pm said:

Re-Elected includes Gat out of Hell?

Wow, that is awesome. You guys rock. Totally getting this! :)

+ JMBlakk on August 29th, 2014 at 1:09 pm said:

I really liked SR3 so Im going to take a look at this

+ Nasaniru on August 29th, 2014 at 2:07 pm said:

The big difference between SR and other game series is pure over the top fun while being completely hilarious. I love serious stories probably a lot more than the next guy, but the SR games are so much fun and absolutely worth giving a chance.

Super excited for the return of the GAT!

Will the boss be playable at all? perhaps in post game?

+ Kate Nelson on August 29th, 2014 at 2:31 pm said:

This game features Gat/Kinzie as the playable characters this time around – but The Boss is seen in cutscenes :)

+ Erlaxis on August 29th, 2014 at 2:07 pm said:

Great news. Of course I’d play a smoother version of SRIV on PS4!

+ koolkillerbee46 on August 29th, 2014 at 2:51 pm said:

Will the boss still look like my character from saints row IV. It’s ok if it’s just a generic guy but I would like to see my own character. Him getting dragged to hell would be priceless :P.

+ Kate Nelson on August 29th, 2014 at 3:04 pm said:

+ ReverendSID on August 29th, 2014 at 3:37 pm said:

Since I can’t reply, I have to do this.

“Of course! If you have a save of SRIV, you will see YOUR boss thrown into Hell :) It has much more impact that way!

We also feel very strongly that we should maintain the look and voice of YOUR Boss because we offer a diverse range of options for who The Boss can be.”

So, if I buy the PS4 version of SR4 and Gat Out of Hell, remake my Boss from the PS3 games, that’s who I’ll see in the GOH cutscenes voiced by Laura Baily still?

So, going off the video, I’ll get to see Satan trying to force a lesbian wedding? If the answer is yes, you have my money right now. ;)

+ Kate Nelson on August 29th, 2014 at 4:10 pm said:

Correct, your re-make of your PS3 character on the PS4 will be voiced by Laura Baily if you have Laura Baily selected for your PS4 character.

Satan wants the most powerful person in the Universe by his side and that happens to be YOUR boss.

+ Kate Nelson on August 29th, 2014 at 4:09 pm said:

+ MikeCisThaILLest on August 29th, 2014 at 4:48 pm said:

HAIL SATAN!!!!
Hail Volition! Satan would have to be one of my favorite fictional characters in all of folklore.
Really hope I can transfer my SRIV PS3 character into the game. I couldn’t even transfer my SR3 guy into IV had to remake him.
I am only interested in the new expansion although SRIV is my favorite in the series since 1 & 2….
The art is so great & the trailer has me hyped. Really would like to play as my character though in addition to Johnny Gat.

+ KrazyKreig666 on August 29th, 2014 at 5:46 pm said:

I know this is sneaky of me, but could this be something to tide us over for a Saints Row 5 reveal at E3 2015? as much as I love SR4 (being my choice of saints row as its not GTA, 3 being just behind) I would like something completely new

+ REALDEAL_8 on August 29th, 2014 at 6:32 pm said:

This was the worse bug filled waste of time I have ever played. Lets just add super powers which I though was dull and boring after 10 minutes. The F#@#@ mini games were most of the game, its like they didn’t even try when they made this game. Let use the same city same map same mini games but add aliens and super powers and there you go. They pulled a Madden and ripped everyone off with piece of crap.

+ redknight4 on August 29th, 2014 at 7:07 pm said:

My main questions would be 1 are all the bugs that made sr 4 too frustrating and caused freezes fixed and 2 is this a 85-99% different map from steal port.

@33 sr iv was originally an expansion for sr 3 known as “enter the dominatrix” until violation’s publisher became deep silver (don’t remember if ownership was changed or not. I know the publisher changed.)

+ MySummerJob on August 29th, 2014 at 7:29 pm said:

Okay so the boss character transfers, but what about people like me who are moving on over from Xbox 360 to PS4? Will it be possible for me to transfer my character for my Xbox Gamertag to my PSN?

+ EvoAnubis on August 29th, 2014 at 9:51 pm said:

Didn’t play SR4 last gen, but y’all are putting it on the PS4, with all the DLC (minus this stand alone bit), looking even better, and adding new features, all for $30? Sold. Y’all can have my money now if you’d like.

+ AdvocateNooj on August 29th, 2014 at 11:22 pm said:

Is this Digital Only?

+ BahumatIsBack on August 30th, 2014 at 12:03 am said:

I’m confused. You say that Gat Out Of Hell is included in the PS4 version, but then you say that you can buy the PS4 version or the PS4 version and the Gat Out Of Hell. Do you mean that the DLC is included in the PS4 version for $30 and that you can get the PS4 version with the DLC PLUS the standalone version of the DLC for $50 or that you have to buy the 50 dollar version to get the full experience on the PS4

Please clarify

+ Connor2122 on August 30th, 2014 at 2:06 am said:

Hey BahumatisBack I’m 100% sure they said it’s $29.99 for Saints Row IV Re-Elected on PS4 then if Bundled with new expansion Gat out of Hell it’s $49.99 you can also buy the expansion alone for $19.99 and it doesn’t require you to have Saints Row IV, hopefully that help you good? because I’m 100% I’m correct.

+ IcedDice777 on August 30th, 2014 at 4:11 am said:

Oh! I’m down with this! $29.99 for what’s basically SR4 Game of the year edition on the PS4? I’ll be picking this up for sure.
I hope other publishers pay attention ’cause i’ll would gladly pay for SKYRIM: Goty “Apology” edition, Fallout New Vegas: Goty Remasters for a reasonable price. My .02

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on August 30th, 2014 at 6:08 am said:

Holy ****, I love you guys. Volition is quickly becoming my favorite developer. You know how to make a game truly fun. All others take note, this is how you release a new-gen port.

Now if only we could get a Red Faction Guerrilla sequel on PS4!!!

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on August 30th, 2014 at 6:08 am said:

Now if only we could get a Red Faction Guerrilla sequel on PS4!!!

+ TrueRadiantFree on August 30th, 2014 at 6:34 am said:

This game and the whole franchise is maybe the most disgusting, perverted, and demonic video game series ever. Kate, I pray that you and your devs go the read the Bible and see the truth, because Satan and evil is not something to be joked about and made fun of, especially when someone doesn’t believe in Jesus or a reality made by God, because I’m sure you wouldn’t want to experience going to hell along with Satan for not believing the truth.

+ BahumatIsBack on August 30th, 2014 at 7:29 am said:

Please take your truth somewhere else. If you get offended by video games showing FICTIONAL CHARACTERS in FICTIONAL ENVIRONMENTS such as a FICTIONAL DEPICTION of Hell then maybe you need a new hobby. I’d be sorely disappointed if Jesus or your God didn’t have a sense of humor. Maybe you should try to find yours. Besides, not everybody believes what you do, so please don’t try to force your world view on others. M’kay? Thanks

+ LeadCap on August 30th, 2014 at 1:34 pm said:

nicely said bahumatisBack. Some people are so radical in their religion . Its sad to see people that brainwashed. Oh and TrueRadianFree did you know more people have been killed in the name of religion then all wars combined. So take your close minded, radicaly religious, hate momgering somewhere else

+ MrKrypt on August 30th, 2014 at 4:30 pm said:

I loved SR but i was heartbroken when i found out it SR 1 isnt for PS3 but what was up with gay sex in SR4

+ Souledge94 on August 30th, 2014 at 8:39 pm said:

wait so our boss character wont be playable during the story?

+ TrueRadiantFree on August 31st, 2014 at 2:50 am said:

@BahumatIsBack

There is a such thing as a coarse and dirty joke that isn’t funny you know. I’m not forcing my worldview on anyone, just speaking my mind, just like you have the right to do.

@LeadCap

If someone believes something is true, why not be “radical” about it. That goes for anything in life. Half-hearted attempts and beliefs get you nowhere. And to respond to your other comment: not Christianity, maybe Islam or some other religions. And for the wars that have been wrongly and unjustly started in the name of Christianity, that doesn’t define what Christianity is all Christians worldwide, so you seem pretty close minded to say that. No hate here, I love all you guys enough to speak the truth against garbage, so you won’t be lead astray into just excepting anything just because it seems fun/funny.

+ BahumatIsBack on August 31st, 2014 at 3:41 am said:

You missed my point entirely. If you want to talk about video games then a video game site like this one is for you. If you want to preach then do so at church. If this game isn’t for you, then that’s fine, but you have zero right to come on here telling anybody to read the bible because you don’t find something funny.

Video games might not be the best hobby for you if you want to be a bible thumper. So what if there’s depictions of Hell and Satan? Last time I checked everything about this game was FICTIONAL. Please google that word if you don’t know what it means. Many video games also feature the undead in the form of zombies and vampires. You want to preach about those? Or how about the aliens in many video games including this one? Where do they fit in with your narrow minded view? Many video games feature graphic violence. You want to preach about those too? Oh, that’s right, you can’t preach about violence since violence has always been the go-to solution for any of you religious zealots

+ BahumatIsBack on August 31st, 2014 at 3:42 am said:

I, for one, will meet my maker like everyone else if such a thing exists. If that turns out to be the case then I will accept judement from him. NOT YOU. DO NOT PREACH ON A VIDEO GAME SITE AND IF YOU DO AT THE VERY LEAST LEARN HOW TO SPEAK LIKE AN INTELLIGENT ADULT AND LEARN SIMPLE THINGS LIKE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN EXCEPT AND ACCEPT. I CAN’T TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY UNTIL YOU DO

PAGE 1 2