Bloodborne

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 9/2/2014

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Aug 31, 2014 // Social Media Specialist

The Drop

What a weekend! Not only do some folks in the United States have a little extra time to play video games over the holiday, but it’s PAX Prime 2014! What better way to celebrate than getting ready for an interstellar mission teeming with teleportation, alien baddies, and super-cool effects? Velocity 2X is coming to PS4 and PS Vita this week.

Velocity 2X tasks players with outrunning and outsmarting the evil Vokh in white-knuckle space combat. Pilot your ship through precarious mazes, and head on-foot for even more up-close-and-personal challenges. Master the use of your teleporting to blink through missions with blinding speed, and accomplish objectives with the steady thump of a sci-fi ready soundtrack. Velocity 2X is cross save, cross buy, and free for PlayStation Plus.

But that’s not the only good news! Fan-favorite survival game Don’t Starve comes to Vita this week, alongside Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. For the full list of new games coming to the world of PlayStation, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
Deathmatch Village
Don't Starve: Giant Edition
Joe Danger
Mahjong Gold
Mega Man X4
Velocity 2X

New PlayStation Games This Week

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
PS Vita — Digital, Retail
Jabberwock Island — once a popular tourist destination, you and your classmates at Hope’s Peak Academy have been brought to this island by your teacher. Everyone seems to be having fun… until Monokuma returns and restarts his murderous game!
Deathmatch Village
PS3, PS Vita — Digital
Get ready for Deathmatch Village! Chock-full of frenetic shotgun-blastin’ & pitchfork-proddin’ action, this free-to-play 2D multiplayer game is a breath of fresh air for the whole MOBA genre. Crush your opponents and snatch them piggies!
Don’t Starve: Giant Edition
PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy with PS4 Version)
An uncompromising wilderness survival game full of science and magic. You play as Wilson, an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped by a demon and transported to a mysterious wilderness world. Wilson must learn to exploit his environment and its inhabitants if he ever hopes to escape. Don’t Starve: Giant Edition combines the content of both the original Don’t Starve game, and the Reign of Giants expansion pack.
Joe Danger
PS Vita — Digital
A death-defying thrill-ride starring Joe Danger: Master of Disaster! Combo, boost and pull ludicrous stunts to fill stadiums and put Joe back on the podium. Take on your rivals, the reckless Team Nasty, then take on the World with your high-scoring Combos.
Mahjong Gold
PS Vita — Digital
All hands on deck! Join in the search for Long John Silver’s buried treasure in this Mahjong pirate adventure! Uncover the secrets of the legendary pirate as you travel around the world to distant lands, uncovering gold tokens along the way. Each level has been painstakingly balanced with special tokens and extraordinary missions that offer a whole new perspective on a classic game.
Mega Man X4
PSone Classic — Digital
The Repliforce has switched sides and is now staging a coup against humanity! X and Zero must gain the Mavericks’ powers to defeat them. A PlayStation classic returns.
Velocity 2X
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)
Use the Quarp Drive to outsmart the evil Vokh in race-tuned space combat, then dock your ship, jump out, and continue the fight on foot! Velocity 2X is the visually dazzling, action-packed sequel to Velocity Ultra, featuring amazing puzzle-platforming action alongside award-winning shooter gameplay.

The information above is subject to change without notice.

PAGE 1 2 3
Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on August 31st, 2014 at 10:29 am said:

Happy PAX weekend! Travel safe, everyone!

+ Wario64 on August 31st, 2014 at 10:33 am said:

All these games are playable on Vita, crazy!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on August 31st, 2014 at 10:40 am said:

Thanks for stopping by, Wario!

+ jorispelgrom on August 31st, 2014 at 10:33 am said:

Everything this week is available for Vita :D !

+ Mister-Nep on August 31st, 2014 at 10:34 am said:

Which type of Mahjong is that? Just wondering.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on August 31st, 2014 at 10:41 am said:

It’s got pirates!

+ Theauburnman on August 31st, 2014 at 10:37 am said:

True week for PS Vita Fans!!!!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on August 31st, 2014 at 10:41 am said:

Enjoy the games!

+ Devil240Z on August 31st, 2014 at 10:38 am said:

Deathmatch village is a really bad game… I thought it didn’t come out in the US for a reason.

+ Rakeozix on August 31st, 2014 at 10:38 am said:

Its Danganronpa time again feel like becoming detective conan again…as for the free us plus game not interested at all

+ Apex_Soldier25 on August 31st, 2014 at 10:40 am said:

Ready for Danganronpa. Gotta love the cinematic death endings!!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on August 31st, 2014 at 10:41 am said:

Hope you… enjoy?! :)

+ cristian_h_r on August 31st, 2014 at 10:40 am said:

Sweet, can’t wait to play Velocity 2X on my Vita. I like the love that the Ps Vita is reciving lately. Hey Ryan, have do you know something about Gravity Rush/Daze 2?

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on August 31st, 2014 at 10:42 am said:

Enjoy Velocity 2X! And sorry, they don’t tell me anything. >_<

+ Souledge94 on August 31st, 2014 at 10:41 am said:

Im almost done with Danganronpa 1 and pre ordered the Danganronpa 2 limited edtion. Just waiting for it to come in

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on August 31st, 2014 at 10:44 am said:

Hope you enjoy!

+ Nade_IL on August 31st, 2014 at 10:42 am said:

Sweet! Mega Man X4 on my vita will be awesome!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on August 31st, 2014 at 10:44 am said:

Classic series! Still remember first time I played Mega Man X…

+ ddowler85 on August 31st, 2014 at 10:42 am said:

Any word on Suikoden II?

+ andyscout on August 31st, 2014 at 10:42 am said:

Hmm, coulda sworn Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate was this week as well.

+ Tralfamadore64 on August 31st, 2014 at 10:44 am said:

Hmm, strange. The Vita has no games, yet…

oh no…

How do I hold all these games?!

+ Lodi16B on August 31st, 2014 at 10:44 am said:

Fantastic week for the Vita. Danganfreakinronpa!

+ FistCanBe_A_Verb on August 31st, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

Excited for more mega man!

+ GothicRoch83 on August 31st, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

Hey Ryan first beyond and second thanks for what you do for the blog question are you guys gonna go back to the o!d format of telling us what’s going to be discounted on monday so that way we are prepared for tues when the store updates I really liked how you did that it gave me a good heads up of what’s going on sale when the store updates thanks

+ modePAIN on August 31st, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

I hope I can see the complete mmx serie soon

+ Tralfamadore64 on August 31st, 2014 at 10:49 am said:

Also, what GothicRoch83 said. Having a heads up on discounts was nice, and this change is the most frustrating (although I still love you so, so much). It’s kind of bad that the store updates with sales before the blog is actually updated a lot of the times.

+ overlordtico on August 31st, 2014 at 10:50 am said:

Megaman X4 classic? My prayers have been answered n.n

+ KazeEternal on August 31st, 2014 at 10:51 am said:

CROSS+ 2x :-D

So happy the day is nearly upon us for Velocity 2X

Also happy to see MMX4 releasing this week. I just grabbed MMX1-3 on VC for Wii U. Hopefully we’ll see the MMX Collection and MMX7 come to PSN. Too bad we’ll never see HD Remasters of these titles with fully realized 2D engines build to run on 3D GPU. Love to see it get all gussied up to look like Velocity 2X, 16:9, and still play and feel like the original games right down to preserving the original elements of the game. Maverick Hunter just broke MMX.

+ Vyprstryke on August 31st, 2014 at 10:55 am said:

Hey Don’t Starve on the Vita!! Perfect game for it!

Kinda related note, could you guys please put together a list of Vita/PSP games that’ll be compatible with the upcoming PSTV? Thinking about picking one up but there’s a few games that NEED to work on it for me to jump onboard. Thanks!

+ Lodi16B on August 31st, 2014 at 10:56 am said:

Although there aren’t many big name games on the way there are a ton of really fun games. The PS Vita is really hitting its stride. Keep em’ coming PlayStation! But please give the Vita more attention at the game shows.

+ rufusmarch23 on August 31st, 2014 at 10:59 am said:

Do you know if Minecraft PS4 will be out this week?

+ FreshaSaurusRex on August 31st, 2014 at 11:01 am said:

Finally get to play some Don’t Starve on the go and Danganronpa 2. Looks like I’m going to have to make some space on my Vita again, so excited!

+ Maumoynier on August 31st, 2014 at 11:13 am said:

Wow I’m sure glad I got a PS4 and had to get PS plus to play multiplayer games, but i thought hey at least I’ll get some free games….

+ Chip1010 on August 31st, 2014 at 11:14 am said:

“Do you know if Minecraft PS4 will be out this week?”

I imagine that would have gotten a mention.

+ TomHoang on August 31st, 2014 at 11:20 am said:

Please stop saying there are no games on the Vita.

DanganRonpa 2 and Velocity 2X for me this week!!

+ SaberX85 on August 31st, 2014 at 11:22 am said:

No mention of Warriors orochi 3 ultimate?

+ AsahiSeth on August 31st, 2014 at 11:25 am said:

@20 Awesome, isn’t it? And Capcom announced X5 hits next week so 6 surely isn’t far behind. Maybe we’ll get the two PS2 X titles as I’d love to paly them. I heard X7 wasn’t so great but 8 was supposed to be amazing.

+ Sonicfan11589 on August 31st, 2014 at 11:25 am said:

I just bought the new game from the Mega Man creator for 3DS, Gunvolt: Azure Striker, it’s good. My brother and I had one of the Mega Man X games for PS1 when we were younger, I am still not that big into Mega Man, possibly because I would have a ton of catching up to do.

+ pariah164 on August 31st, 2014 at 11:26 am said:

Awww yeah, Danganronpa 2! Tuesday cannot come soon enough.

+ plaztiksyke on August 31st, 2014 at 11:28 am said:

Any chance the TikGames PS3 titles (Cuboid, Magic Orbz, Mahjong Tales, Wakeboarding HD) will be coming to Vita?

A lot of my favs from the early days of PSN have already been ported, would be nice to see those come as well. (Would love to see a new cross-buy version of Geon: Emotions — the local and online multiplayer in those games was ridiculously fun!)

+ Skater_Ricky on August 31st, 2014 at 11:29 am said:

I thought the following would be out this week. I guess the following has been pushed back to next week. Just keeping my gaming calendar in check.

– Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate – PS4
– Minecraft – PS4, PS Vita

Those that like to follow a gaming calendar on Google Calendar for PlayStation Games from PS4, PS3 and PS Vita fill free to follow or bookmark the page. Thanks.
-Skater

View Only:

+ Ry-Dog on August 31st, 2014 at 11:31 am said:

Since Capcom is bringing Mega Man X4 & X5 to the Playstation Store. Would it be possible for them to bring Mega Man 8 to the store as well. I really want to watch and hear the anime cut scenes for that game again.

+ steelerman57 on August 31st, 2014 at 11:41 am said:

Thanks for the news Ryan! I can’t wait for Velocity 2X! Beyond!

+ DRAQ-520 on August 31st, 2014 at 11:41 am said:

Hey, I just noticed that Rogue Galaxy came out in the Japanese PSN store, any chance of it hitting the states? I’d really love to play it alongside Wild Arms 3!

+ bcruise on August 31st, 2014 at 11:58 am said:

upupupupu (ʳ ´º㉨ϟ)ʳ

Been waiting on DR2 for a while. Bring on Tuesday!

+ aspote on August 31st, 2014 at 12:01 pm said:

Kingdom hearts please! I want to play it with a passion but psi can’t play ps2 games! 😔

+ italodancemp3 on August 31st, 2014 at 12:04 pm said:

Wut? Where is Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate for Vita? I wanted that AAA this week :(

+ fatjoe400 on August 31st, 2014 at 12:06 pm said:

Mega Man X4 on the drop? What kind of black magic is this O.O

+ Remmy8199 on August 31st, 2014 at 12:12 pm said:

I’ll give you guys an E for effort this week since I never had a chance to play Mega Man X4. Still, we need more PSOne rpg’s though.

+ komentra on August 31st, 2014 at 12:13 pm said:

Come on Minecraft pass cert already! I need you on my PS4! Next week! *crosses fingers*

With that said, I’m totally looking forward to Velocity 2X. I’ve never played any of the other Velocity games before but I hear great things about it all the time especially on BEYOND!

+ JohnBlazy666 on August 31st, 2014 at 12:13 pm said:

wow, i have to say ever since i upgraded to ps4 ps plus , its been very disappointing ,games are worthless and no additional content , hardly any discounts worth buying ,
i wish i still had my ps3 like comon this is bull**** online play is not worth that price , id rather be on pc
at least throw in knack or rayman or sumthin ,
ive had ps plus since day one an every month i keep thinkin things will get better .. not

+ Nevi901 on August 31st, 2014 at 12:16 pm said:

Insanely packed week for Vita. Sweet.

+ Yohmaru_EX on August 31st, 2014 at 12:18 pm said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, MEGA MAN X4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can’t believe my eyes, it’s a dream, somebody give a slap in my face, please!! haahahahha

Are there any chances to X5 and X6 show up too? Or maybe Mega Man X Collection for PS2 classics?

+ faraway25 on August 31st, 2014 at 12:19 pm said:

How come psone classics still arent playable on the ps4? Is the ps4 that inferior tothe ps3?

+ megacarlos on August 31st, 2014 at 12:25 pm said:

MEGAMAN X4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ megacarlos on August 31st, 2014 at 12:27 pm said:

I wish they released megamanx hd collection

+ killuchun on August 31st, 2014 at 12:44 pm said: