Overwatch

Sep 02

Sep 02

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Out Today on PS Vita

David Alonzo's Avatar Posted by Idea Factory International

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Greetings, doods! Your humble Prinny David from NIS America, and I’m majorly pumped to tell you that Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair is out today exclusively for PS Vita, and I can’t wait to — OH NO THE BEAR’S BACK! GET YOUR HAMMER AWAY —

Puhuhu! Hey, kids! Your #1 headmaster Monokuma, here again. Let me bring you a sweet, refreshing rain of blood because today Jabberwock Island’s open for business and you, your annoyingly happy rabbit teacher who I like to call Monomi, and some other Ultimate Students are invited to have some deadly tropical fun!

In this new locale, you won’t just be trapped in a school — you’ll get multiple islands to be trapped on! There’s a lot more to check out this time, so make sure your flip flops can handle some running. Beach volleyball, coconut drinks with little umbrellas in them, mysterious deaths… it’s a vacation that you won’t ever get from a game show.

If you survived the last trip of Hope’s Peak Academy, you’ll know that not too many of the original Ultimate Students were able to stick around after their first year, so I’ve rounded up a new set of best of the bests, and (don’t tell them I told you this) I think they might be a little more insane than the last batch of kids.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye DespairDanganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

You’ve got people like this Gundham kid, the Ultimate Breeder, that raises hamsters he calls his Dark Devas of Destruction. And Mikan, who’s the Ultimate Nurse but she’s not very good at curing her own anxiety. You’ll get the chance to get real close with all of them, and even meet some familiar faces from the past. Of course, there’s always the chance they’ll die on you, so make those conversations count!

Like the last time around, you’ll split your time between building relationships with your dumb classmates until one of them gets killed, and then it’s full-on investigation mode! Puhuhu, that’s the circle of life here on Jabberwock Island. When you’re investigating, make sure to check every nook and cranny and talk to everyone so you can be ready for the Class Trial!

The Class Trial’s a doozy this time. Since I’m constantly trying to improve education, I’ve added a few more things to the curriculum that mix things up a little. Not only can you point out contradictions this time, but you can also corroborate other kids’ theories and statements. Lessons in teamwork! There’s also this nifty little game called Logic Dive, which is like a virtual snowboarding game where choosing the right answers to questions opens the correct path.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Finally, there’s the super-intense Rebuttal Showdown where you’ll go head to head with another student, duking it out in a frenetic deductive duel. When done right, all of this will lead to MY personal favorite part of trial: the execution! Personally delivered by me, you’ll get a front-row seat to the Monokuma brand of justice!

Doesn’t that all sound enticing? So come on down to Jabberwock Island already where the weather’s warm, corpses are cold, and the trials are red hot! You’ll discover all kinds of surprises in this sequel, and if you’ve managed to survive till the end, there’s still plenty more you can do — but I’ll keep that a secret for now. Puhuhu, I can’t wait to see you here. Monokuma out!

*strums ukulele*

Add Your Own

I-Dusk-I said:

September 2nd, 10:35 am

I keep refreshing the store only to be disappointed that the game isn’t available yet!

tusunami said:

September 2nd, 10:35 am

This looks like a incredible game I still have to play the first game first. But I will awsome point get around to checking out the series. Been on my PS4 as of lately though. I will say its good to see more PS Vita games coming out that are quality indeed.

afigueroa said:

September 2nd, 10:39 am

Damn Monokuma! At it again. I cannot wait to play this! Loved the first game. This is a must play if you own a Vita.

Borshay said:

September 2nd, 10:42 am

Playing it right now and loving it

I really hope you guys localize Danganronpa: Another Episode as well!

Styx_the_Monk said:

September 2nd, 10:42 am

Buying it as soon as store updates. LOCALIZE DANGANRONPA ANOTHER EPISODE TOO PLEASE!!

ManjoumeThunder said:

September 2nd, 10:42 am

Awesome!!

EddyC__ said:

September 2nd, 10:46 am

Just got my copy as soon as I was about to go to class. Trying to sneak a some time to give it try during class lol Thank you for bringing this over. Danganronpa sure has been my favorite series since it over here.

TomHoang said:

September 2nd, 10:48 am

Loved the first one, this one looks even better! More DanganRonpa NIS!!

D4rkH4X0ReR said:

September 2nd, 10:48 am

Most hyped up game of the year for me <3

Gorvi said:

September 2nd, 10:49 am

Stupid unexpected bills mean I won’t be able to get this for about 2 weeks. Aarrrgh! This is going to be a rough two weeks. :(

TomHoang said:

September 2nd, 10:52 am

BTW, still waiting on the NIS Online Store to ship the game, but I was happy that I could order straight from you guys and not through a retailer.

GStylez1980 said:

September 2nd, 10:53 am

Danganronpa 2, Velocity 2X, and Joe Danger all on the same day? This is the best day the Vita has had since mid-Match when Final Fantasy X/X-2, Luftrasers, and Steamworld Dig all came out simultaneously. Looki forward to playing them all!

xClayMeow said:

September 2nd, 10:54 am

Never played a Danganronpa game. Is this a good entry point or would newcomers be lost?

David Alonzo's Avatar

David Alonzo said:

September 2nd, 5:32 pm

Hi ClayMeow,

I’d definitely recommend playing through the first title. In some ways, the second can stand alone, but it really ties the overarching storyline between 1 and 2 together and gives you background on characters from the first title.

Karasu474 said:

September 2nd, 10:54 am

Very excited for this! My limited edition should be here today. Can’t wait to get stared on this and learn about the characters.

SigmaSebas said:

September 2nd, 10:55 am

It isn’t OUT in the STORE! Damn, I want to play the game so badly and the store won’t updateeeeeeeee. I’ve been waiting for more than 6 months for this day.

Souledge94 said:

September 2nd, 10:56 am

@13

I think it would be best if you played the first. On topic waiting for my LE to come in.

Kishnabe said:

September 2nd, 10:58 am

Loved the first one a lot….and eventually platted it.

2nd one is on the way to my house….can’t wait to start it up. Heard it is way more polished and better than the first.

Thanks you, NIS for bringing it here. Hope you guys will bring any future products of this series.

Souledge94 said:

September 2nd, 10:59 am

I also hope some characters I actually like survive this time around.

SENsMrBlue said:

September 2nd, 10:59 am

WHERE IS IT??? NOT. SHOWING. UP.

whereymyconary said:

September 2nd, 11:05 am

Waiting for my copy to come in the mail today. Very excited. also saw that this was being showcased at PAX on the Vita TV. Does that mean it has DualShock 4 compatibility with the touch tad? Either way plan to rock this game tonight, and look forwards to trying it on my Vita TV whenever that comes out.

FearMonkey said:

September 2nd, 11:07 am

I still haven’t picked up the first one. What is wrong with me? T_T

Oh yeah, I’ve been playing Project Diva F 2nd. >_>

Souledge94 said:

September 2nd, 11:11 am

@17

you got a kirigiri avatar zzzzzzzz…..sorry I just personally found that character so boring.

ngreatshark said:

September 2nd, 11:20 am

Been waiting for this for months. And I was kind of caught off guard when I saw it show up in the drop this week. First game was amazing, definitely getting this as soon as the store updates today

dragonmagician said:

September 2nd, 11:44 am

Can we get a sale for the first game? or put it on PS+?

guitarded77 said:

September 2nd, 11:48 am

Thank’s Japan :/

Sikachuu said:

September 2nd, 12:14 pm

This is the direct link to the SEN Store: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-2-goodbye-despair/cid=UP1063-PCSE00399_00-DANGANRONPA2NA01

Let’s bring in HOPE, guys! Goodbye Despair!

TheOathsworn said:

September 2nd, 12:14 pm

I really need to get around to beating the first one, been juggling between several games of my Vita library lately. I`ll definitely pick this up as soon as I`m done with the first installment.

JosephDUDEhola1 said:

September 2nd, 12:15 pm

@24 It has been on sale more than 2 times already lol

Anyways, I still haven’t had the time to finish the first game, but I will soon. As for those who haven’t played it, there is an anime as well, but it’ll spoil the game a lot’ as is the same exact story from the 1st game.

But the game is definitely awesome! I bought after watching the anime, and had known every clue. But I’m looking more forward to this one coz’ the Anime only covers the first game, and I heard the will be a Second season soon, which will cover this one. But since it’s not out, it’ll be more challenging for me coz’ I have no idea what will happen this time.

I’ll be buying mine in then next weeks, unless I can still grab a LE right now?

But yeah, the game is awesome, and these 2 weeks have been great for the Vita as well. So many games out for it :D

Sikachuu said:

September 2nd, 12:17 pm

@JosephDUDEhola1 LE is out of the question. It’s sold out like … 3 months ago maybe? :D

I’m still waiting for my LE to be shipped … *sigh*

bldudas said:

September 2nd, 12:21 pm

I’m waiting to get home to play! >.<
So excited.

JosephDUDEhola1 said:

September 2nd, 12:21 pm

@Sickachuu, Yeah I just went to check it out and saw it myself *sob*

Lodi16B said:

September 2nd, 12:22 pm

already downloaded it! Please, please, please, bring Danganrondpa: Another Episode to North America.

Kishnabe said:

September 2nd, 12:26 pm

@22

Well, out of all the Avatars she was the best. I personally like Aoi for her Doughnuts love.

MapleStory said:

September 2nd, 12:57 pm

My 6 limited editions arrived today in the mail. YES, I NEEDED THAT MANY.

Mando44646 said:

September 2nd, 1:09 pm

NICE! This is the one game Im truly excited for on Vita this fall. Its nice to have a break from all the overpriced, mediocre Indies

Souledge94 said:

September 2nd, 1:26 pm

@32
Yea I like aoi as well. I was just dissapointed that most of the characters I liked got the Ax.while some of the others I couldint care for walked away.

Ramen_4_Life said:

September 2nd, 1:31 pm

My LE’s set to arrive tomorrow! Thank you, NIS America & Spike Chunsoft!!

yawnawn said:

September 2nd, 2:14 pm

This is delicious!

Still must get the 1st, and then the 2nd!

Nerroth said:

September 2nd, 2:39 pm

Are there any thoughts on the DR-themed Vita and Vita TV bundurus announced recently for Japan? (Once PSTV support is up and running in the West later this year, presumably one could play the NISA versions of both games on an imported model set to the US or Canadian PSN.)

And has NIS America been taking a look over at Another Episode? (For those who haven’t seen it, DR:AE is a more action-ey spinoff featuring the sister of the first game’s protagonist.)

BlueBl1zzard said:

September 2nd, 2:46 pm

I still need to go back and finish the first! I love what I played so far, so I definitely plan on picking this one up when I finish. Oh, and thanks for bringing this awesome series to us in the west!

kcharris said:

September 2nd, 3:40 pm

Oh. My. Gosh. Byakuya Togami… He seems to be doing well… XD

Elvick_ said:

September 2nd, 4:05 pm

Hope to see Another Episode brought over later on too.

Thanks for being awesome NISA.

SeanStrange said:

September 2nd, 6:33 pm

Thanks for bringing over the second game, NISA. Now, if only Spike Chunsoft made a third instalment.

xClayMeow said:

September 2nd, 7:37 pm

Thanks for the honest response, David!

Otaku359 said:

September 4th, 2:28 am

So I kept seeing all this positive feedback about Dangan Ronpa 1 & 2 so I decided to the buy the first one yesterday since the sequel just got released. What a major mistake that was. This game is incredibly addicting. I just got back to trying to get more trophies in Persona 4 Golden and now I know I wont be playing that because Dangan Ronpa is so engrossing.

If you havent tried the first title I cant recommend it enough, it is heavy on the reading side but Ive become absorbed into what happens next.

Trap_City_Killaz said:

September 12th, 6:29 am

about 2 more days on points2shop and you’ll be all mines!! i cant wait and since they dont have an anime for season 2 i wont already have any clue as to what will happen at all