PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Minecraft PS4 Edition Coming to US Tomorrow

Brian Silva's Avatar + Posted by Brian Silva on Sep 03, 2014 // Developer Relations, SCEA

Minecraft_PS4_US_Logo copy

Minecraft fans! We’re excited to finally tell you that the Minecraft PS4 Edition will be available on PlayStation Store this Thursday before 12pm Pacific for only $19.99!

For those looking for the ultimate Minecraft experience, the PS4 Edition will feature worlds 36 times bigger than the ones you might be used to on the PS3 system. Existing players will be able to import PS3 saves to the PS4 Edition, allowing them to continue work on their immense structure or delve even deeper towards the Nether.

Staying true to our promise, we wanted to make sure that anyone who previously bought the PS3 Edition (Disc or Digital) would be able to upgrade to PS4 Edition for a small fee.

Well, we’re happy to officially announce the upgrade option is available to any existing PS3 Edition owners for just $4.99!

PS4_SkeletonsMinecraft_PS4_USpkg-E10

Minecraft on PS4: Learn More

Here’s how it works:

For Existing PS3 Edition Owners (Disc or Digital)

On the PS4, simply log into PlayStation Store and find Minecraft PS4 Edition, and you’ll be able purchase the upgrade for $4.99.

Note: This entitlement applies to everyone who’s bought Minecraft PS3 Edition (Disc or Digitally) with a saved game and signed into their PS4 console using the same SEN account.

About to Purchase Minecraft PS3 Edition (Digital)

On the PS3, purchase Minecraft PS3 Edition for $19.99. Once you have made the purchase, you’ll be able to upgrade to the PS4 Edition for $4.99.

About to Purchase Minecraft PS3 Edition (Disc)

Those joining the Minecraft experience through disc purchase should find a voucher packed in with an entitlement code. If you have any questions, please reach out on @AskPlayStation on Twitter or our official Customer Support channel.

SpookyTower_v4 copy4Splitscreen copy

Thanks for reading, and we’ll see you in the world of Minecraft PS4!

PAGE 1 2 3 7

+ Big_Boss9293 on September 3rd, 2014 at 6:48 pm said:

Great news!! How about Vita?

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:03 pm said:

Mojang and 4J are working hard on it. We hope to update you soon.

+ Brink-2-Chaos on September 3rd, 2014 at 6:48 pm said:

Yippee skippy!

+ ForsakenCrown on September 3rd, 2014 at 6:50 pm said:

What about the Vita? Is it still in bug testing? If it is…it better be pretty damn perfect.

+ Pohlio on September 3rd, 2014 at 6:50 pm said:

Coulda said something this morning while mojang is teasing us like were some mut dogs

+ Nick930930 on September 3rd, 2014 at 6:50 pm said:

That’s cool. I can’t wait till this page says “Grand Theft Auto 5″ though.

+ DarkStar83x on September 3rd, 2014 at 6:51 pm said:

Awesome! Can’t wait!

+ xK3Vx89 on September 3rd, 2014 at 6:53 pm said:

So… If I don’t have PS3 saves on my PS4 I can’t upgrade for 5$ ???

I don’t have my PS3 anymore, can’t transfer my save on the PS4. If I can’t upgrade, than **** that won’t buy it again.

+ Motherboop on September 3rd, 2014 at 6:54 pm said:

Call out of work day!

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 9:35 pm said:

Don’t let them catch you streaming.

+ KrisButtar on September 3rd, 2014 at 6:54 pm said:

If I upgrade tomorrow is the Vita version cross buy or is that only available to PS3 owners and not the PS4 owners?

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:01 pm said:

Vita is only cross buy with the PS3 version.

+ Darig0n on September 3rd, 2014 at 6:58 pm said:

Why does EU get it today earlier? D:

+ darkrebel08 on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:00 pm said:

What about any DLC bought on the PS3? Will we have to purchase again for the PS4?

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:02 pm said:

Your DLC you already purchased will work on PS4 as well

+ MarkakaJin on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:00 pm said:

Well, at least this is good news. I can’t wait to see how it works out when I play it tomorrow. I’ve been waiting for it for a long time!

+ xK3Vx89 on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:01 pm said:

#9 If you got it on PS3, you get free upgrade for vita. 5$ upgrade are just for the PS4.

#11 no they are cross-buy.

+ ip8nt on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:02 pm said:

Why not 12am Pacific :/

+ ManjoumeThunder on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:03 pm said:

Will there be a physical copy for Vita (if same price, is cross buy?) and able to “upgrade” to Digital PS4?

+ Kojima-Yoshiyuki on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:04 pm said:

Will there be a physical edition? When will it ship? How do I get one of the psn shirts from the tester?

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:05 pm said:

Yes there will be a physical version. More on when it will ship soon.

+ louis1532 on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:04 pm said:

Does anyone know when the physical copy will be released?

+ komicturtle on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:04 pm said:

I wish I can edit my personal skin….

+ UBERDOMINATOR on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:05 pm said:

Awesome! Will this be a midnight release or sometime during the afternoon?

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:16 pm said:

Before 12pm pst Thursday

+ DrDemcie on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:05 pm said:

What about Canada?

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:06 pm said:

Canada too

+ NMeck702 on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:08 pm said:

Neat. I play the PC version, but I may still give this a whirl on console. It would be a good game to lay and bed and listen to podcasts while playing.

+ Jetglaze on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:09 pm said:

If I buy the ps4 version, will I get the vita version at a discount?

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:12 pm said:

No the upgrade only works from the PS3/Vita version to PS4.

+ Christabon on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:10 pm said:

When will the disk edition be released prior to tomorrow’s digital release?

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:13 pm said:

We will have more information on when the disc version is coming soon.

+ crazyboi786_mani on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:10 pm said:

If i bought mc xbox edition could i exchange that one for ps4?

+ moecage on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:12 pm said:

How does save import work ?

+ Rumbanana on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:12 pm said:

Wow, just wow. I can’t believe how poorly this announcement was handled. Why couldn’t 4J and Sony just wait until everything was ironed out completely to announce it was coming? Why announce to the world that the game was submitted for certification? Why not make this a surprise? This is the first time Sony really failed me.

+ Garbage943 on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:14 pm said:

So if i plan on getting the Vita one later, am I better off buying the PS3 version and then upgrading or can i buy the PS4 one and pay the 5$ later to upgrade (backwards there i guess) and get the vita one?

+ RoII_chan on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:15 pm said:

Why cant we have our version as upgraded as the Pc version is? =/

+ bigdaddykraven on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:16 pm said:

Why in the afternoon when everyone is working? Seems silly especially when everyone else in the world seems to have it already. Be honest, it was supposed to release earlier but there were complications and now it’ll be tomorrow because everyone is going to bed etc right?

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:17 pm said:

Trust me, no one is going to bed.

+ EvanKyleC on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:16 pm said:

If I but the PS3 Retail copy without owning a PS3 will I still be able to get the Vita for free and the PS4 for 4.99?

+ jlemale_us on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:21 pm said:

are the mods (like hunger game) available too ?

+ ragnorak251 on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:21 pm said:

If I buy the physical ps3 copy, will I get the entitlement for the vita version?

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:29 pm said:

+ KrisButtar on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:23 pm said:

I have the PS3 version, is there going to be an option to just purchase the PS4 version(not upgrade for $5) and still transfer my PS3 save games to the PS4 as I don’t want to miss out on the Vita cross buy. The Vita gets the shaft way to often it seems

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:26 pm said:

Cross buy is only for the PS3/Vita versions. If you have the PS3 version you will be able to download the vita version when it is released.

+ TWODEEEE on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:23 pm said:

why does uk get it way earlier than us….? i don’t understand the difference? with destiny so close to coming out i probably wont be playing it much

+ Richo996 on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:23 pm said:

When will it be out in Australia nervously waiting .

+ Garbage943 on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:23 pm said:

I saw my question answered after I posted, but can’t figure out how to delete it! Sorry for the repetitive question >.<!

+ NightDrifter01 on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:26 pm said:

@27 Because the PS4 isn’t strong enough to have a endless world like the PC. Update wise it’ll be caught up soon, Mojang just has to get the core game out first before working on in game updates.

@30 No, you won’t see ANY mod’s because the PS4 One don’t have mod support. If you ever want mod’s stick with PC support since you’ll never get that on a PS4

+ Proalfredo on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:26 pm said:

How much will be the physician version of it?

+ djsaiyan on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:27 pm said:

So basically what you’re saying is if we buy the PS3 version (in order to get the Vita one) and then upgrade to PS4, it’s sort of like buying the Vita version for $4.99.

That’s still a pretty good deal.

Two questions

1) When does the upgrade offer expire?

2) Is this like the previous upgrade program where having the PS3 disc in your PS4 is required to play?

+ DarthGnar on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:29 pm said:

Will Minecraft for PS4 make me more attractive to the opposite sex? Should I buy 2 copies?

+ RainbowFlwrPowr on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:29 pm said:

I am guessing you can purchase just the PS4 edition?

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:31 pm said:

Yes just the PS4 version is available for $19.99.

+ cadbane1995 on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:30 pm said:

@BrianSilva, this is fantasic news!! looking foward to playing this game on PS4! thanks for giving us this news!

+ Nootherswereleft on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:30 pm said:

Do trophies transfer?

+ Deathly_rYaN on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:31 pm said:

I asked others but I am still lost. If we currently own the PS3 copy and don’t upgrade until the Vita version is out. And when it is out, if we upgrade can it still be claimed free or do you have to have the PS3 version in order to get MC Vita free?

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:34 pm said:

If you own the PS3 version you will be able to download the Vita version when it is released. Buying the PS4 upgrade will not change you owning the PS3 and Vita version.

+ dukespeedybeast on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:32 pm said:

CAN IT BE FREE FOR PLUS?!

+ CrimsonNemo on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:32 pm said:

Is PS+ needed to play this online?
Ima assume yes since it’s the PS4 version of the game.

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:35 pm said:

Correct PS+ is required for online play.

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:33 pm said:

If you own the PS3 version you will be able to download the vita version when it is released. Buying the PS4 upgrade will not change you owning the PS3 and Vita version.

+ Sneeches on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:33 pm said:

Hurry up and release it already, MY BODY IS READY!!!

+ Richo996 on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:34 pm said:

Hopefully out in Australia today ??

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:36 pm said:

Check your store

+ crusher915 on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:35 pm said:

@36 the PS4 is powerful enough to handle an endless world but Sony has a Save size limit which restricts them from doing an endless world

PAGE 1 2 3 7