PS4-The Order

Minecraft PS4 Edition Coming to US Tomorrow

Brian Silva's Avatar + Posted by Brian Silva on Sep 03, 2014 // Developer Relations, SCEA

Minecraft_PS4_US_Logo copy

Minecraft fans! We’re excited to finally tell you that the Minecraft PS4 Edition will be available on PlayStation Store this Thursday before 12pm Pacific for only $19.99!

For those looking for the ultimate Minecraft experience, the PS4 Edition will feature worlds 36 times bigger than the ones you might be used to on the PS3 system. Existing players will be able to import PS3 saves to the PS4 Edition, allowing them to continue work on their immense structure or delve even deeper towards the Nether.

Staying true to our promise, we wanted to make sure that anyone who previously bought the PS3 Edition (Disc or Digital) would be able to upgrade to PS4 Edition for a small fee.

Well, we’re happy to officially announce the upgrade option is available to any existing PS3 Edition owners for just $4.99!

PS4_SkeletonsMinecraft_PS4_USpkg-E10

Minecraft on PS4: Learn More

Here’s how it works:

For Existing PS3 Edition Owners (Disc or Digital)

On the PS4, simply log into PlayStation Store and find Minecraft PS4 Edition, and you’ll be able purchase the upgrade for $4.99.

Note: This entitlement applies to everyone who’s bought Minecraft PS3 Edition (Disc or Digitally) with a saved game and signed into their PS4 console using the same SEN account.

About to Purchase Minecraft PS3 Edition (Digital)

On the PS3, purchase Minecraft PS3 Edition for $19.99. Once you have made the purchase, you’ll be able to upgrade to the PS4 Edition for $4.99.

About to Purchase Minecraft PS3 Edition (Disc)

Those joining the Minecraft experience through disc purchase should find a voucher packed in with an entitlement code. If you have any questions, please reach out on @AskPlayStation on Twitter or our official Customer Support channel.

SpookyTower_v4 copy4Splitscreen copy

Thanks for reading, and we’ll see you in the world of Minecraft PS4!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 8

+ GLOCKguy1926 on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:36 pm said:

To the people asking, if u don’t have a ps3 but have a vita or plan on getting one, and also have a ps4. BUY THE PS3 VERSION FIRST. If you own the ps3 version you get the vita version for free, and can upgrade to the ps4 version for $5.

You can’t go backwards and buy the ps4 version, then get a discount on the ps3/vita version so if u are wanting it for both ps4 and vita, buy ps3, upgrade to ps4 for $5 and ull get to download the vita version for free when it releases.

Also, I heard retail version is coming out this holiday season.

+ BANDICOOTKING on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:38 pm said:

If I upgrade to PS4, do I lose access to my Vita and PS3 copies, or is the upgrade really just a discount?

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:39 pm said:

You do not lose access to the PS3 and Vita version

+ deedee1287 on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:38 pm said:

Minecraft Vita bundle is a no brainer, jus do it

+ Richo996 on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:38 pm said:

Playstation store ?

+ EvanKyleC on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:41 pm said:

Do I Need to have played the Retail Copy on the PS3 for the code to work? I don’t have a PS3 but plan on picking up the PS3 Retail for 20.00 so I can cross buy and upgrade

+ L1qu1dat1on on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:43 pm said:

So excited for the Vita version…although playing with my girlfriend on ps4 would be amazing!

+ PARALYZER-WOLF on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:44 pm said:

when is ps4 getting adobe flash ?

+ L1qu1dat1on on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:46 pm said:

@Paralyzer

It won’t. Adobe flash is a dated and resrouce hungry technology. It’s all about HTML5 now, how about telling ppl to upgrade from old tech?

Anyways, I’m assuming PS Vita Minecraft isn’t crossbuy with ps4?

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:50 pm said:

Correct. Cross buy is available for PS3/Vita.

+ mister_e145 on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:47 pm said:

dont tha vita gdt anny minecraft luv if so when?

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:51 pm said:

We will have updates about the Vita version’s release soon.

+ Proalfredo on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:48 pm said:

How much will the physical version be?

+ oseryh on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:48 pm said:

What about Russia?

+ mrkingdomhearts on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:49 pm said:

If I have the PS4 version and my little sis got the PS3 version will I be able to play online multiplayer with her? is it the same server?

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:50 pm said:

No you will not be able to play together across PS3 and PS4.

+ xK3Vx89 on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:51 pm said:

#62 … there’s no game on PS4 you can play with PS3 players… no ”cross-platforms” playing.

+ Elimination on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:51 pm said:

Will the physical copy come out anytime within the next week or so? I’d rather have Physical than Digital but I don’t wanna be alone not playing it while my friends are.

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:52 pm said:

It won’t be released within the next week. We will have more soon on the release date for the Physical version

+ MTNDEW418 on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:55 pm said:

So does that mean I can get ps3, ps4 and PS vita versions for $25? If I buy ps3 version and upgrade to ps4, will I keep ps3 version?

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:59 pm said:

Yes you keep the PS3 version

+ Mikaelkid17 on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:55 pm said:

Hello. I am a long time PS3 user. However, I bought Minecraft for the Xbox 360. My friends and I have all made the switch to PS4 for next gen gaming and cancelled our Xbox subscriptions. I have a Disc copy of Minecraft for Xbox. PLEASE tell me the promotion will work in the same way.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, please tell me there is a way my friends and I can still have our worlds onto Minecraft PS4 version!

+ bigboi_21 on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:55 pm said:

So its best to buy the PS3 version for $19.99, upgrade to PS4 for $4.99, and download the Vita version free, since its only cross-buy with PS3 version.

+ xK3Vx89 on September 3rd, 2014 at 7:56 pm said:

Why not uploading Minecraft game tonight on the American PS Store? Is it so hard and take so much time to upload 235Mb + 31Mb Update? We are all ready to buy it but we need to wait almost one day later. :/

+ mrkingdomhearts on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:00 pm said:

Thank You PS for the helpful info….^_^

+ VixDiesel on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:00 pm said:

Can we transfer over more than one save?

+ platanasos on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:00 pm said:

how do i give a digital copy to a friend?

+ bigdaddykraven on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:01 pm said:

Haha, thanks for the reply. I make a ton of serious question posts here in the past that go unanswered then I make a tongue in cheek post about going to sleep and that’s the first reply I get. I understand the team is working hard through the night, I work software too and we have those long, sleepless nights before a release.

I appreciate the team doing all that work. I’ll be happy to play it with my friends when I get off work tomorrow (if I don’t have to work late too). Thanks to you too for working so hard to answer everyone’s questions.

+ TwelveOGlock on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:03 pm said:

You guys market the vita as the “perfect companion” to the playstation 4, and then pull stuff like this. How does it make any sense to allow cross buy with the ps3 version to vita and not ps4 to vita. Don’t you want to more people to upgrade from the ps3 to 4? How is this helping?

For someone like me, who gave away their ps3 when upgraded to a ps4, I feel really boned on this. I would love to play on my vita as well as my ps4. But there’s no way I’m paying the full price twice.

Is there no way around this??

+ ziadalsafty300 on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:05 pm said:

umm how much is it gonna be for the uk region?

+ ziadalsafty300 on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:06 pm said:

when is gonna launch for the uk?

+ DarkStar83x on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:10 pm said:

@73 It’s already available in the UK

+ Elimination on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:10 pm said:

Do you actually need the PS3 version bought or can I just download my acct on a friends PS3 & make a save?

+ linkr on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:14 pm said:

Can i post sometging unrelated and get a response?

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:17 pm said:

+ GLOCKguy1926 on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:15 pm said:

@twelveoglock post #73

See my post #50

Just buy the ps3 version first. This will give u the vita version for free when it releases and give u the $5 upgrade to the ps4 version. So you’ll be paying $25 for both the vita and ps4 version.

Also, I really like the PSN ID.

+ millerkiller11 on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:15 pm said:

Will you be able to set world size like on the PC version

+ EvanKyleC on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:18 pm said:

GLOCKguy1926 If I get the PS3 Retail version and it comes with the code for Vita and PS4 do I have to play the PS3 version first for the code to work? I don’t have a PS3 so I don’t want to buy it without knowing

+ Mikaelkid17 on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:20 pm said:

So I’m guessing the hope I have is hopeless because I played Minecraft on Xbox.

Is there really no way to get our worlds onto Ps4? We made the switch because PS is the better choice obviously, but we really played Minecraft most of the time. Losing our worlds would be devestation

+ Sapphirelove226 on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:21 pm said:

Anyone know if you’ll be able to play multiplayer with another ps4?

+ GLOCKguy1926 on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:22 pm said:

I’m not sure about that @evankylec

I’m not sure how the code thing works. I’m buying digital bc I don’t ever plan on trading minecraft in, not that I’d get much for a $20 game anyway.

+ Elimination on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:22 pm said:

I do not own a PS3 with Minecraft, but my friend does. Can I just go over to his house create a world/save on the game then come back home hop on PS4 & only pay $5? Or do I physically need to buy the PS3 edition of the game on my account for it to work?

+ CallMePickleJr on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:28 pm said:

What about trophies? Will the trophies I already got carry over? Or will I have to re-platinum?

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:34 pm said:

Trophies from the PS3 version will not carry over to the PS4 version.

+ Zaeron25 on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:31 pm said:

Good, but i’m waiting for the PS Vita version.

+ L1qu1dat1on on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:32 pm said:

I’m sorry I have one last question, can I do this:

Buy ps3 version (meaning I get PS Vita Version) then upgrade the ps3 version to ps4? That way I have all 3?

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:35 pm said:

+ L1qu1dat1on on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:35 pm said:

I can’t edit my comments: I saw the answer a few spots above.

Thank you guys!

+ Mikaelkid17 on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:39 pm said:

Sony, could you please reply? I’d just like to know, so I can see how disappointed or not I’ll be..

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:43 pm said:

Minecraft PS4 will not support save transfers from version outside of the PlayStation family.

+ millerkiller11 on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:39 pm said:

Can i get a response plz
Will you be able to set world size like on the PC version?

+ graveyardhippie on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:42 pm said:

how long is the offer? it will be months before we get a 4, but we will.

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:46 pm said:

There are no current plans for an end to the offer. That could change at some point in the future.

+ Elimination on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:42 pm said:

Could you please reply to my question? I’m talking to my friend right now, he said all you have to do is create a save. I want clarification first. Can I go over his house, play it on his PS3, make a world, make a save, hop back on PS4 & only pay $5?

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:44 pm said:

+ Swagxdaddy_Ski on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:46 pm said:

Im starting a world tomorrow. Everyone is welcome just add me. Im also going to feature you all on twitch.

+ BL4CK-OPS_K0RNY on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:48 pm said:

WOW!! Now I get the news? I’m out of money right now, but I have been waiting all year to get this game on PS4. Since I have it on PC. Can’t wait to get my hands on this!

+ Firepowerr on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:49 pm said:

If we are upgrading from the physical PS3 version do we just have to play and make a save? Or do we need to insert the disc every time?

+ tagger101 on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:50 pm said:

Question!
Regarding the upgrade, I had Minecraft on my ps3 (digital version) but sold my ps3 months ago to buy a ps4. So I no longer have my ps3, and by extension, Minecraft.
Do I still get the discount??

+ Brian Silva on September 3rd, 2014 at 9:25 pm said:

Yes as long as you are using the same PSN account you bought the digital version with on your PS4.

+ linkr on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:51 pm said:

Please?

+ Azrael_Selvmord on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:51 pm said:

When will the physical PS4 copy be available for purchase?

+ killaTj11 on September 3rd, 2014 at 8:54 pm said:

is there any discount for buying the ps4 version and then trying to get a ps3 version

I have the Xbox 360 version but not a ps3 version