The Last Guardian

Sep 05

slender

Slender: The Arrival Coming to PS3 on September 23rd

slender

Alex Tintor's Avatar Posted by on Sep 05, 2014 // Founder & Creative Director, Blue Isle Studios

September 20th, 2012 was a day that changed everything for the tiny company I started out of my bedroom; Blue Isle Studios. On that day we announced Slender: The Arrival was in development as the official follow-up to Mark Hadley’s insanely popular viral hit, Slender: The Eight Pages.

It only seems fitting, nearly two years later, to announce that the game will finally launch on September 23rd for PS3!

As a bonus, we’ve added a bunch of brand new content to the game. The game is now bigger than ever with new levels, new characters, and more stories to uncover.

Over the past two years we’ve gotten literally thousands of messages from Playstation fans asking us to bring the game to PS3. We knew it would be a lot of hard work, but we totally agreed. The ultimate Slender Man experience had to be from the comfort of your living room on a big screen TV.

As soon as we experienced this for ourselves we knew we had to share this with all of you. While most would recommend you play the game alone with the lights turned off and the sound turned up, I am a huge wimp when it comes to horror. I prefer to play the game in a bright room full of friends in the middle of the afternoon.

I can’t believe I just admitted that in public…

Slender: The Arrival on PS3Slender: The Arrival on PS3

That’s the beauty of playing a game like this; you can get a totally different but equally as entertaining experience depending on how you play it. Want a chilling, tense, solitary horror experience? Go right ahead and play the game at midnight with no one around. Those like me can also enjoy the game by having a big group of friends surround them. There’s nothing quite like the embarrassment of screaming at your TV in front of some of your closest friends and family. Believe me; I know what that feels like.

I’ve got to give a huge thank you to the folks at Blue Isle Studios for working so many days and late nights and to our publishing pals at Midnight City for making this all possible. We have poured absolutely everything we have into this game and we truly, genuinely hope you enjoy the experience.

Are you ready to experience the terror of Slender Man on PS3 for the first time ever?

PAGE 1 2

+ Mister-Nep on September 5th, 2014 at 9:08 am said:

This is interesting.

+ GattsuWolf on September 5th, 2014 at 9:09 am said:

Nice but… What about the vita? :/

+ GamerSam99 on September 5th, 2014 at 9:10 am said:

Any pricing info?

+ maxcoronel2014 on September 5th, 2014 at 9:10 am said:

Any chance for it to coming on PS4?

Alex Tintor's Avatar

+ Alex Tintor on September 5th, 2014 at 9:11 am said:

No comment :)

+ madmanwithabox12 on September 5th, 2014 at 9:13 am said:

Would be nice to see on Vita.

+ saab01 on September 5th, 2014 at 9:16 am said:

Looks interesting I really hope a demo is planned wouldn’t want to pick it up than it’s not to my taste. Takes me back to the fatal frame series a little.

Alex Tintor's Avatar

+ Alex Tintor on September 5th, 2014 at 9:17 am said:

No demo unfortunately, however, I’d highly recommend checking out some gameplay videos if you’d like to know more about the game.

Spoiler warning, of course!

+ eggmiester28 on September 5th, 2014 at 9:17 am said:

I can honestly say this is a pleasant surprise, I never expected a slinderman game to ever come to home consoles.I will be getting this game when it comes out.

Alex Tintor's Avatar

+ Alex Tintor on September 5th, 2014 at 9:20 am said:

Hey fantastic, thanks!

We worked very closely with Mark Hadley of Parsec Productions – the talented guy who made the first ever Slender Man game to make this bigger and better than ever.

+ fatiga_cronica on September 5th, 2014 at 9:19 am said:

This is great news! While I still have my PS3 around, I would be a lot happier if the game also could come out on PS4 too. But I’m glad anyway.

+ Malkavilis on September 5th, 2014 at 9:21 am said:

1 – It will have a demo?

2 – Price?

3 – Game size (megabytes)?

4 – Platinum?

5 – Any chance of it coming to PSVita?

Thanks for reading.

Alex Tintor's Avatar

+ Alex Tintor on September 5th, 2014 at 9:24 am said:

1 – unfortunately, no

2 – $9.99 USD

3 – roughly 650 megabytes

4 – I don’t have an answer for that, will look into it

5 – I won’t say no, but it’s too early for me to give a proper yes or no. We’ll consider it!

+ RyuZX on September 5th, 2014 at 9:21 am said:

I’ll get this… what’s the pricing look like?

I understand the calls for a PS4 version, but a Vita version? For a game like this? Odd. If it does come to either or both of them I hope it is crossbuy.

Alex Tintor's Avatar

+ Alex Tintor on September 5th, 2014 at 9:26 am said:

Hey great to hear it! We’ll launch at $9.99 USD

+ Malkavilis on September 5th, 2014 at 9:29 am said:

@Alex Tintor Thanks for the answers! By that price… “- Wallet, is that moment again…Hey! Don’t run!”

+ SeanStrange on September 5th, 2014 at 9:40 am said:

I’ll wait for a PS4 release, thanks for bringing this to consoles though.

Alex Tintor's Avatar

+ Alex Tintor on September 5th, 2014 at 9:43 am said:

PS4 is something we are absolutely discussing amongst ourselves right now – although I can’t officially confirm anything at this point. If enough people ask for it, we’ll most definitely that that into consideration :)

+ KwietStorm on September 5th, 2014 at 9:42 am said:

I’ve been waiting all this time for this to come to PS4, but PS3? Why? :(

+ Kchow23 on September 5th, 2014 at 9:47 am said:

Typo on the video… Announcement* :)

+ hawjboi2009 on September 5th, 2014 at 9:49 am said:

hey Alex, please put this game on ps4 version.. i want it for ps4 version.. i don’t want play it on ps3 verison.. ps3 have horrible framerate issue

Alex Tintor's Avatar

+ Alex Tintor on September 5th, 2014 at 9:54 am said:

We will seriously consider it!

With that said, the PS3 version runs quite smoothly if I do say so myself.

+ nabilafzali02 on September 5th, 2014 at 10:01 am said:

I really hope this comes to ps4!! Please make it happen

+ italodancemp3 on September 5th, 2014 at 10:15 am said:

Why not on PS Vita? I don’t understand!?!?
Please add Vita too

+ gosox on September 5th, 2014 at 10:45 am said:

Can not wait to play

+ GattsuWolf on September 5th, 2014 at 10:48 am said:

Thaks for not replying every vita question guys… So good mannered -_-

Alex Tintor's Avatar

+ Alex Tintor on September 5th, 2014 at 11:43 am said:

You might have missed it but I did reply to a Vita question up above.

Feel free to have a read.

+ tusunami on September 5th, 2014 at 11:19 am said:

Well this indeed looks sensational since cross-buy is very popular I’m sure we’ll see this happen sooner than later.

+ Tremulan777 on September 5th, 2014 at 11:27 am said:

Vita version? If yes, day one purchase for me. I’ve been craving survival horror on the go.

+ DiscipleofWor on September 5th, 2014 at 11:40 am said:

Add my vote for a PS4 version. A Vita version would be icing on the cake….

+ Marshel5AQW on September 5th, 2014 at 11:44 am said:

I held out on watching Markipler’s playthrough of this so I could play it myself. Now, I can!

+ medenko1975 on September 5th, 2014 at 11:54 am said:

PS4 !!!!

+ D-Squad3 on September 5th, 2014 at 12:08 pm said:

No PS4? Doesn’t make any sense.

+ Cat_Corye on September 5th, 2014 at 12:24 pm said:

Want it, but will wait for a PS4 version. Thanks for bring it to Playstation, keep work.

+ Ackrin on September 5th, 2014 at 12:41 pm said:

There definitely need to be a ps4 version of this.

+ plaztiksyke on September 5th, 2014 at 1:03 pm said:

does it include content from The Eight Pages?

is there support for stereoscopic 3D on a PS3 connected to a 3D-capable TV?

looks like great atmosphere, I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for reviews (since there’s no demo). I would highly recommend clearing up any confusion about future ports and cross-buy — the lack of clarity on that definitely makes me hesitant to buy. (See the situation with Stealth Inc on PS4 for an example of what *not* to do.)

+ HeavyToka on September 5th, 2014 at 2:26 pm said:

If this comes to PS4 in the future it will be a day one purchase from me.

+ Zookey on September 5th, 2014 at 2:31 pm said:

Definitely want to throw my hat in the ring here:

A) I will purchase it on PS3 because of a good price point and want to support indies!

B) I would love it through if you brought it to PS4 for easier use of streaming capability!

C) Would also love a Vita version–so frustrating that the Vita, despite having a lot of cool games, doesn’t have a legit fully 3D scary game yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ shadysaiyanz on September 5th, 2014 at 2:45 pm said:

I’ve never played Slender but i’m confused. If this is the second game, why did we never get Slender: The Eight Pages? we just jump into the sequel? Looks very creepy btw.

+ yentair on September 5th, 2014 at 3:22 pm said:

@31 – the first Slender game was free on the internet for PC, you can look it up and play it if you want.
This seems to be a more polished, expanded game. A true game release they can charge $$$ for.
I understand everyone wanting it on PS4, but PS3 is fine with me. And if they’re trying to reach the largest audience, the PS3 makes the most sense.
I don’t see why everyone is asking for a Vita version. How scary will this game be when you’re playing it on the bus to school or train to work? You’ll look like a retard screaming and jumping in front of perfect strangers. Think about it.
A home console makes the most sense. Play it on the couch, in the dark, with headphones on. Boo!

+ TeamEvilBunny on September 5th, 2014 at 5:14 pm said:

PS4 PS4 lol happy to hear about this game coming to consoles hopefully we will see this on ps4 soon ;)

+ GMFCO311 on September 5th, 2014 at 7:03 pm said:

Sorry if this sunds like a stupid question, but is this a sequal to the original Slender game, or is it the original game with extra features thrown in?? Never played so just curious. And if this is the sequal, any chance for the original to be brought to the PS3/PS4??

+ GMFCO311 on September 5th, 2014 at 7:16 pm said:

And of course I make a typo with my previous post which in then sounds pretty stupid anyways. lol

+ simplyfressh on September 6th, 2014 at 1:37 am said:

This game seems like it was made to be a next-gen game because it’s coming straight from PC & why would it be okay to downgrade from PC graphics to Last-Gen graphics. Least you guys can do is include it in Next-Gen. Trust our community, you wouldn’t regret it.

+ jeff62694 on September 6th, 2014 at 2:59 am said:

Does anyone know if this will be disc-based or digital download? I can’t wait to play this since my pc is too bad to play it on lol

+ PooPface560 on September 6th, 2014 at 8:23 am said:

Very sweet, I ‘m buying it day one on ps3..

Vita and PS4 love would be icing on the cake. Good news.

+ Wille84 on September 6th, 2014 at 8:30 am said:

To be honest i was really hoping for a PlayStation 4-version reveal. As much as i enjoyed the game on Steam i am forced to politely decline from the PS3-version, however immediately when a PS4 version comes out i will buy it day one.

+ Wille84 on September 6th, 2014 at 8:40 am said:

To clarify the reasons behind my decision, Slender: The Arrival is a game that really benefits of the more beefed up hardware. When you can’t use graphics to deepen the player immersion, all you have left is audio. In my opinion audio makes at least 70% of a horror game, so basically the graphics side is not always so important. However the spesific game uses so much graphical tricks/scenery to immerse the player, that graphics output needs to be on par with the audio side. PlayStation 3 just cannot archieve that sadly.

+ windowsgamer11 on September 6th, 2014 at 10:04 am said:

Lots of PsVita fans out there, but what about the PSP? It still has PSN support and it would be great if it could be ported for the PSP. UMD maybe? Think about it: at the hotel or on a train playing Slender. That would be awesome :)

+ Kyle_Aboud on September 6th, 2014 at 11:23 am said:

Bring this to PS4!!! I unfortunately missed the ps3 era (stupid pc) but I am a huge fan of PS4, surival horror, and slender.

+ sirbflo114 on September 6th, 2014 at 2:14 pm said:

Wow! This looks like legit horror game. I wish there would have been lot more great horror games for the PS3. I will definitely be getting games like this, Until Dawn and The Evil Within.

+ Cloud_X1 on September 6th, 2014 at 4:23 pm said:

Oh man! I loved the first game on PC. Freaked me out. I really hope this makes its way to PS4.

+ killuchun on September 6th, 2014 at 7:37 pm said:

I don’t mind trying this on PS3, but PS4 version, 60 fps would absolutely rock! :)

+ seahawks_rock777 on September 6th, 2014 at 8:23 pm said:

I can’t wait for it to come it is there any chance you will put multiplayer just curious

+ IbizaPocholoMix on September 6th, 2014 at 10:23 pm said:

Please i want this game on the ps4!

+ advocate4christ on September 7th, 2014 at 9:06 am said:

I was looking into getting this game until my wife showed me an article of 2 girls that stabbed their friend 12 times in the woods to please slender man. My wife showed me that Slender Man has a Facebook page and when I seen a picture of him he looks just like the slender guy in the video game. I personally can’t support something this demonic. If young girls attempted such a heinous act there’s something more to this character than the human eye can see.

+ Lavasoft619 on September 7th, 2014 at 12:12 pm said:

Any chance of a co-op mode? I like playing with my brother and couch co-op games are hard to find. Would love to have some good scares with one another. Can’t wait to get it.

+ altgarcia on September 7th, 2014 at 5:04 pm said:

Hey ! I live on Del Rio TX,and i like to buy games on GameStop ! So, do you hava a chance to sell the slender game on Gametop?

PAGE 1 2