No Man's Sky

Trick the World in Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments

Olga Ryzhko's Avatar + Posted by Olga Ryzhko on Sep 05, 2014 // Frogwares

Hi PlayStation.Blog! This is Olga from Frogwares, and this week I’m excited to introduce you to a new Sherlock skill exclusive to Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments, with our new Subversion trailer.

Facing incompetence from the police — namely, Lestrade — Holmes needs to get… creative, when chasing lines of inquiry in Crimes & Punishments, coming September 30th to PS4 and PS3. In this gameplay trailer, watch as Holmes earns the trust of a suspect by transforming himself, and his accent, into a sailor, to gain access to the information he desires.

At Baker Street, in Holmes’ bedroom, a wardrobe holds the key to Holmes’ disguises, as well as a dressing table housing wigs, hats, glasses, different hairstyles, and beards. Where the police draw a blank, it’s up to you to take advantage of Holmes’ transformative skills, to subvert the police and perpetrators.

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments on PS4 and PS3Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments on PS4 and PS3

Not only are you able to win the trust of suspects by transforming into someone from their world, but you will also enjoy mini-games in the form of new mechanics breaking up the cases. From arm-wrestling, to firing an ancient cross-bow at a bridge to pass a fierce river, Crimes & Punishments’ six cases take both Watson and Holmes through a unique set of treacherous adventures where subverting the police, suspects, and criminals is entirely up to Holmes’ skills, and your wits.

Crimes and Punishments is coming to the PS4 and PS3 on September 30th.

10 Comments

+ Valentin1605 on September 5th, 2014 at 7:17 am said:

At What price it will be on Europe? Thanks

+ anth_969 on September 5th, 2014 at 7:26 am said:

Game looks really interesting. Day one for me.

+ KidGreengene on September 5th, 2014 at 8:40 am said:

Is this already out on PC and porting over to PS4?

+ anth_969 on September 5th, 2014 at 8:54 am said:

@3 no I don’t believe so.

+ GattsuWolf on September 5th, 2014 at 8:56 am said:

No vita -_- next!

+ Frozen_star10 on September 5th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

I love this game and can’t wait to play it in PS4 (1st game on PS4 which I plan to play). It looks promising. I just hope PS4 graphic is higher and more impress than PS3. In the past, I just play adventure game on PC. Now, when I move to console, it would be a great adventure game to enjoy, after many action and RPG games in my list (those makes me feel tired now).

+ plaztiksyke on September 5th, 2014 at 1:11 pm said:

is this game cross-buy between PS3 and PS4?

can you talk about core rendering engine improvements between the versions, like lighting and particle systems? hopefully it’s more than just a texture and render resolution bump.

+ plaztiksyke on September 5th, 2014 at 1:12 pm said:

oh, and will the game be supporting stereoscopic 3D for 3DTVs on PS3 and/or PS4, like Trine 2 and other games?

+ bestscreenname on September 5th, 2014 at 2:53 pm said:

YES! Not much longer to wait now :) I love this series, day 1 buy for me.

+ CharlesII on September 5th, 2014 at 5:47 pm said:

I think Sherlock Holmes great!!! But I am a few disappointed that they used the sherlock holmes’s book. I am reading the complete collection of Sherlock’s book right now. I thought that history was different.