Paragon

Sep 09

Sep 09

New Mercedes-AMG GT Launches Exclusively in DRIVECLUB

Volker Zaiss's Avatar Posted by Mercedes-Benz

Hi, my name is Volker Zaiss and I work at Mercedes-Benz. What brings me here is the brand new Mercedes-AMG GT sports car, which I am proud to announce as the latest addition to the DRIVECLUB roster.

New Mercedes-AMG GT exclusively in DRIVECLUB

Even though the car will be released on the market in 2015, it´s going to be available exclusively in DRIVECLUB as free DLC right after the game´s launch. This is thanks to a close collaboration with the guys at Evolution Studios, who have been able to replicate the car in astonishing detail.

Well, despite not being as much of a gearhead as the engineers at AMG, who are responsible for the driving performance of the Mercedes-AMG GT, I also get a thrill from putting the pedal to the metal. When you hear the roaring engine sound and feel the power that thrusts you forward, it’s truly addictive. And DRIVECLUB does an excellent job of giving you that same extraordinary feeling. Experiencing the car while racing through beautifully rendered landscapes with the sunlight reflecting from the bonnet, and sharing in the excitement of racing for a club with my friends — what could be better?

New Mercedes-AMG GT exclusively in DRIVECLUB

I really hope you are going to enjoy racing the Mercedes-AMG GT in DRIVECLUB; something that non-gamers are going to have to wait until 2015 for, so be sure to not miss out on the free DLC.

And for all of you who want to warm up with friends in preparation for upcoming club battles, Mercedes-Benz is running a DRIVECLUB-themed competition: www.journeyofstars.com. It´s inspired by the game and follows the same principle: you create a club, invite friends from all over the world, compete in various challenges to get to the top of the leaderboards, and reap the rewards together.

Add Your Own

Mayoubaz2 said:

September 9th, 11:44 am

Awesome car and awesome game I’m waiting this game

Cobra1 said:

September 9th, 11:45 am

Really looking forward to this game and WOW! That car looks spectacular!!

Vidarcr said:

September 9th, 11:52 am

Will we be able to use the Driving Force GT with Driveclub?

ElectroplasmGT said:

September 9th, 12:05 pm

Sony really needs to get on the ball and make Logitech G27 support on ps4 a top priority. We already bought G27s because they have always been officially supported by Sony and Gran Turismo. I won’t be purchasing any ps4 racing games until the Logitech g27 is supported.

Painkiller360 said:

September 9th, 12:32 pm

Will this game have american muscle cars?

CrusaderForever said:

September 9th, 12:52 pm

What a beautiful car! Also very impressed that someone from Mercedes Benz is on the PSBlog. I remember when Driveclub was delayed and things were not looking good. Here we are under a month before launch and it looks like a TRUE THIS GENERATION driving game. It is so beautiful and full of detail it’s easily my most anticipated driving game this gen. Congrats on working with Sony and Evolution Studios to get the AMG-GT in Driveclub. It’s weird to think I will be driving it before actual Mercedes customers!! Well done!

happydude633 said:

September 9th, 1:12 pm

I should be picking up a PS4 within the next three weeks and I am extremely excited for Drive Club and I’m not into cars. Game looks fantastic and I personally don’t like Mercedes but this new model looks awesome! Thanks people at Mecedes!

Oliver4D said:

September 9th, 1:26 pm

G-27 Support please!

GummyCore said:

September 9th, 1:34 pm

“to be available exclusively in DRIVECLUB as free DLC”

So, will it be available as free DLC to the PS Plus Edition too? Or are you going to screw us again?

Elvick_ said:

September 9th, 1:53 pm

Beautiful car!

Skater_Ricky said:

September 9th, 2:26 pm

I hope to find out when I can Preorder the game on the US PlayStation Store.

Those complaining about the Logictech G27’s you need to complain with Logictech not with Sony. Logictech is getting out of the business with gaming accessories such as racing wheel’s.

You need to start saving your pennies for a Thrustmaster racing wheel and write a letter to Logictech on your frustration.

I look forward to playing DriveClub, Project Car’s and also if I can ever afford a racing wheel and Project Morpheus to have a full driving simulator experience.

Keep got good work DriveClub team.
#4ThePlayers

Skater_Ricky said:

September 9th, 2:27 pm

the*

Skater_Ricky said:

September 9th, 2:30 pm

@US PlayStation Blog, you really need to use the UK comments for your blog so gamer’s can comment on other gamers comment’s and also add editing for your comment’s so we can fix our mistakes. It’s the year 2014 almost 2015.

Yours truly Skater_Ricky,

Matrix_Lion said:

September 9th, 3:54 pm

Patiently waiting on this game.

Simeon718 said:

September 9th, 3:59 pm

I just saw this car announced on BBC Autos today. I’m glad to see it appearing. Would love to see a Subaru WRX STI ’15 and a Jaguar F-Type ’14 appear as well.

tusunami said:

September 9th, 4:25 pm

This will be one to watch for with drive club competing against the crew & project cars. Now I have to decide who is the best and get that game.

honkayjeezus said:

September 9th, 7:23 pm

Best commercial ever! Stay classy, Sony.

Welmosca said:

September 10th, 12:45 pm

Can’t wait to see Driveclub in action on my screen.Game’s graphics look insane.

wonwickedclown said:

September 11th, 10:53 pm

Thought this was supposed to be a launch title last year(?)

ribz1985 said:

September 12th, 6:46 am

Cool I hope bundle ps 4

CRIMSON-XIII said:

September 26th, 7:56 am

hey guys, so i pre ordered from amazon, i noticed id get the mercedes as a pre order offer, but i saw today that gamestop has another mclaren and i believe a Porsche, will it be possible to get these as well, it says they are gamestop exclusive but via download on the psn or ?