PlayStation Vue

Sep 22

lbp3

LittleBigPlanet 3: MGS and The Order: 1886 Costumes En Route!

Steven Isbell's Avatar Posted by on Sep 22, 2014 // LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

Fans of LittleBigPlanet will know that we have long supported the previous titles in the series with a fantastic line-up of fun content and you can be rest assured that we plan to support LittleBigPlanet 3 with regular content updates too.

Some of you have been screaming to see more costumes for Sackboy’s new friends, so fresh from the Tokyo Game Show this past weekend, we are pleased to give everyone an exclusive teaser of some of our content plans for LittleBigPlanet 3.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero Costume Pack

Coming Soon!

Metal Gear Solid was one of the very first content packs that we released for the first LittleBigPlanet, so it seemed only fitting to team up with our good friends at Konami to bring you some brand new Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero costumes for LittleBigPlanet 3!

LittleBigPlanet 3 Costumes

LittleBigPlanet 3: The Order

Our upcoming costume pack makes sure that the entire gang can join in on the fun and we have costumes for Sackboy, OddSock, Toggle and Swoop! Did you ever imagine you would see Sackboy and friends in such cool costumes? Let us know which is your favorite in the comments below!

The Order: 1886

Coming February 2015!

Eagle-eyed viewers may have noticed that we snuck in a very brief cameo of Sir Galahad into our LittleBigPlanet 3 Announce Trailer for E3 and many have been wondering if that meant we would be releasing a costume for him later.

LittleBigPlanet 3: Snake

What kind of mean teasers do you take us for? Of course we will be bringing Sir Galahad to LittleBigPlanet 3 with a special costume just for him! This costume will be arriving February 2015, just in time for the release The Order: 1886 next year!

Coming Soon

We’re still working hard on finishing the game for its November 18th release but we thought that this blog post would help whet your appetite for some of the exciting costume ideas we have for Sackboy and his new friends!

We hope you enjoyed this sneak peek of some of our content plans for LittleBigPlanet 3 after its release and be sure to stay tuned to the PlayStation Blog for more news and updates on LittleBigPlanet 3 including an exclusive insight into the Game Jam that we recently held with some of our top creators!

+ nademinogue on September 22nd, 2014 at 6:17 am said:

omg i cant wait for the costumes odd sock in a tank and swoop in the helicopter looks awesom!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on September 22nd, 2014 at 6:44 am said:

Revealing OddSock Tank and Swoop Helicopter to everybody are definitely a highlight of my week!

+ BobbyBeastDuck on September 22nd, 2014 at 6:30 am said:

I can NOT wait, already pre-ordered it and want it now!!! GO LBP3!!!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on September 22nd, 2014 at 6:47 am said:

Can you believe that it’s under 2 months away now!?

I’m really looking forward to seeing what you all do with the new tools and features!

+ KidGreengene on September 22nd, 2014 at 6:42 am said:

My 6 year old, and the 6 year old inside me, is very excited for this game :) I understand why MM would want off this ride but it seems Sumo did a great job stepping in and keeping the essence.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on September 22nd, 2014 at 6:48 am said:

Haha! So which costume is coolest to your six year old and your inner six year old?

+ TJLEW on September 22nd, 2014 at 7:04 am said:

Will our profiles and DLC from LBP 2 transfer over to LBP3 for PS4? Also will there be a collector’s edition?

+ KidGreengene on September 22nd, 2014 at 7:08 am said:

@ Steven: I have to admit, The Order: 1886 costume has my inner six year old completely geeking. Hehe. My actual six year old, though, will be in love with the new Marvel version of LBP Vita coming out.

+ thebiv on September 22nd, 2014 at 7:33 am said:

So great. I can’t wait.

Now if they would just spill info on a collector’s edition I can get my preorder and be all set.

Seriously guys, it’s months away. Time to let us in one way or another.

+ thebiv on September 22nd, 2014 at 7:34 am said:

*two months

+ SmokeAdellic on September 22nd, 2014 at 7:35 am said:

Add me KidGreengene and you can team up with my 7 y/o and I

+ SmokeAdellic on September 22nd, 2014 at 7:37 am said:

By the way adding Stereoscopic 3D would make the community very happy…just a thought!

+ pitolyo on September 22nd, 2014 at 7:52 am said:

I’m just so glad that Steven has finally returned on this glorious Monday with some costumes to share!

+ Celticmuggle on September 22nd, 2014 at 7:52 am said:

Will we be able to use our LBP2/LOB Vita costumes with this game and or use these costumes with the previous games?

+ Celticmuggle on September 22nd, 2014 at 7:55 am said:

Sorry LBP Vita!
Sometimes I hate auto-correct! Lol *_-

+ TomatoDragon on September 22nd, 2014 at 8:29 am said:

The Order costumes? Sweet!

+ Mobius2525 on September 22nd, 2014 at 8:41 am said:

…..

+ Skater_Ricky on September 22nd, 2014 at 8:47 am said:

One game I look forward to playing with my wife. Bring the family close. Can’t wait to play LBP3 on PS4. Keep up the good work and looking forward to any upcoming news before launch.

+ SUBTEGRAL on September 22nd, 2014 at 9:42 am said:

It’s ‘Ground Zeroes’ not ‘Zero’ …

+ RCF_TOD on September 22nd, 2014 at 10:23 am said:

So just wondering, will some of the costumes be cross-buy/download? Silly question as I know swoop and others aren’t on LBP2 or Vita, but I really want that Snake costume…

+ D-Squad3 on September 22nd, 2014 at 11:16 am said:

Now those are awesome costumes.

+ Borshay on September 22nd, 2014 at 11:19 am said:

If there is a franchise I’d love to see get LBP costumes, it’s gotta be Danganronpa.

Please give us a cute sackboy dressed as the not-so-friendly Monokuma!

+ BlaqMagiq24 on September 22nd, 2014 at 12:02 pm said:

Will anything I have on LBP2 transfer over to LBP3 on PS4? Need an answer ASAP.

+ KnifingGrimace on September 22nd, 2014 at 1:18 pm said:

David Hayter is Solid Snake.

+ The_Wiz_1 on September 22nd, 2014 at 2:04 pm said:

Is there going to be any pre-order bonus for the PS3 version?

+ SUBTEGRAL on September 22nd, 2014 at 2:18 pm said:

@ #21: and David Hayter, Richard Doyle, and Keifer Sutherland are all different flavors of Big Boss. :) but there can be only one Solid Snake, being the one and only Mr. Hayter.

+ yugnar on September 22nd, 2014 at 4:24 pm said:

Those costumes are absolutely mind blowing! I’m sure people will love them :D Specially Swoop, he looks great in the MGS costume :P

Steven, do you have any information about a possible Collectors Edition coming for LBP3? Just missing that info to make my pre-order!

+ SupertoastGT on September 22nd, 2014 at 4:49 pm said:

Woo! Any LBP3 news (other than delays) is good news. :D started getting into MGS a few years ago and play Ground Zeroes allmost daily. Good choice for Swoop as Miller. The aviator glasses fit it nice. Thanks for the info. :D

+ Gamerzlimited on September 22nd, 2014 at 5:06 pm said:

These are some great costumes. I hope Sackboy gets those in LBP2, Karting and Vita as well.

@KnifingGrimace The one and only. No one should ever replace him, ever.

+ plaztiksyke on September 22nd, 2014 at 6:54 pm said:

I’m with @SmokeAdellic , here’s another vote for stereoscopic 3D support — at least on PS4.

will LBP3 have Move content like LBP2 did?

I’d really rather see “upgrades” to my existing LBP content, like the Ghostbusters, Heavy Rain, and Oddworld costume sets. I can’t wait to see the textures, lighting, and shader improvements to the core game and the existing DLC on PS4!

it would be AMAZING if LBP1 and LBP2 were available in their near-entirety as add-ons to LBP3.

PS: Will LBP Vita ever get patched to fix the awful latency/accuracy in touch controls in the minigames?

+ batbugz on September 22nd, 2014 at 7:35 pm said:

Awesome! How about Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom hearts 3, Destiny, Watch_dogs and Grand theft auto V costumes?

+ MG_SHAGOHOD on September 22nd, 2014 at 11:45 pm said:

Steven! I have an urgent issue about the pre-order DLC. My friend told me that pre-ordering Littlebigplanet 3 digitally gives you the week 1 t-shirt. I’m wondering if this is true, or if it’s exclusive to owners of the digital version of the game. It would mean the world to me if you would shed light on this dispute.

+ Alan67532 on September 23rd, 2014 at 8:30 am said:

WOWOWOWOWOWOOWOW

+ jkdpfs62 on October 2nd, 2014 at 6:37 pm said:

CANT WAIT A MONTH AWAY!!!!!!

+ genesis12107 on October 19th, 2014 at 3:51 pm said:

Will this game be for PS3 too?