PlayStation VR

Sep 28

15167941108_8f58f54732_o

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 9/30/2014

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by on Sep 28, 2014 // Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The Drop

Talion, skilled swordsman and Ranger of the Black Gate, dies upon the rainy walls of his charge, moments after the cruel murder of his wife and child. But Talion is banished from death, and brought back to life by an ancient wraith with a thirst for vengeance. So begins the open-world adventure in Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor.

Shadow of Mordor, which launches this Tuesday on PS4, opens up the rocky passes and shattered ruins that house Sauron’s massing armies. Guide Talion on his quest to find the forces that killed his family, and build his arsenal of powerful runes and wraith magic. Gain insight into the history of Middle-earth, and see a few familiar faces along the way.

But that’s not the only adventure coming to PlayStation this week. Solve deadly mysteries in Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments, or fight over-the-top battles in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

For a full list of games coming to PlayStation, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

Chariot
Second Chance Heroes
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
Short Peace Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day

New PlayStation Games This Week

Chariot
PS4 — Digital
Chariot is a humorous, physics-based couch co-op platformer in which a brave Princess and her Fiance carry a funeral wagon through ancient caves, fending off swarms of looters while amassing riches, to bury the King’s remains in a worthy, gold-filled tomb.
Falling Skies: The Game
PS3 — Digital, Retail
Based on Falling Skies, the popular TNT sci-fi series, Falling Skies: The Game is set in a world devastated by Espheni aliens. Following the destruction of an Espheni tower at the end of season 3, the 2nd Mass stumble across the wreckage of an ambushed convoy.
Futuridium EP Deluxe
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)
Futuridium EP Deluxe is a psychedelic retro inspired shoot ’em up with a modern twist, that blends together frantic action, puzzle elements, a vibrant low poly aesthetic, and an heart pumping electronic soundtrack.
The Incredibles
PS2 Classic — Digital
Mr. Incredible and his family must join together if they are going to put a stop to Syndrome and his city-wrecking Omnidroid.
Invizimals: The Alliance
PS Vita — Digital
You’re the star in Invizimals: The Alliance. As the successor to the PSP entries, you’ll use nearly every Vita hardware feature to capture a whole host of new creatures and help the Alliance investigate the Invizimal disturbance in our world.
Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom
PS3 — Digital
Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom is a 3rd-person, action-adventure that follows the story of Hiro — a star member of The Alliance who gets sent into the Invizimal world to fend off an enemy threat. You’ll be able to transform into 16 distinct Invizimals, each with its own abilities and attack styles, as well as challenge your friends with the same multiplayer mode found in The Alliance.
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
PS4 — Digital, Retail
Fight through Mordor and uncover the truth of the spirit that compels you, discover the origins of the Rings of Power, build your legend, and ultimately confront the evil of Sauron in this new chronicle of Middle-earth.
Namco Museum Vol. 1 through 5
PSone Classics — Digital (Sold Separately)
Play these arcade-perfect hits from Namco and relive the action! Includes Pac-Man, Bosconian, Pole Position, Galaga, and more.
Natural Doctrine
PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital, Retail
A challenging strategy game that supports cross play, cross save, and stunning visuals. But be warned — this adventure will truly test your ability to conquer the evils that lurk in the sprawling networks of mines and ruins in the areas surrounding the fortress city of Feste.
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
PS3 — Digital, Retail
The events of Persona 4 Arena reach their thrilling conclusion in the massive story mode of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax! New playable characters, including fan favorites from the Persona 3 and 4 RPGs, add even more breadth to the already diverse roster.
Pier Solar and the Great Architects
PS4, PS3 — Digital (Cross Buy)
Pier Solar is an RPG that tells the story of Hoston, a young botanist who is on a quest to save his father from a mysterious illness. Along with his two best friends Alina and Edessot, the three friends embark on a quest seeking a rare herb to cure the illness of Hoston’s father.
Second Chance Heroes
PS4 — Digital
Second Chance Heroes is a cooperative arcade action game that takes place in a world overrun by apocalyptic disasters! Put together a dream team of cloned heroes drawn from throughout human history and use them to push back the apocalyptic tide.
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments
PS4, PS3 — Digital, Retail
You are Sherlock Holmes! Use your impressive talents as a detective to solve six thrilling and varied cases: murders, missing persons, spectacular thefts and numerous investigations that sometimes lead you into the realms of the fantastic.
Short Peace Ranko Tsukigime’s Longest Day
PS3 — Digital
Ranko Tsukigime, the only child of the underground “Tsukigime Enterprise” is an average high school girl by day and a deadly assassin by night. While taking on a new mission, an enemy organization threatens the lives of Ranko and her friends.

Demos and Betas

Invizimals: The Alliance — PS Vita Trial
Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom — PS3 Trial

The information above is subject to change without notice.

PAGE 1 2 3
Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on September 28th, 2014 at 8:50 am said:

MORDOOOOOOR.

+ stalepie on September 28th, 2014 at 8:50 am said:

Would be cool to play PS1 games on PS4.

+ fresno75 on September 28th, 2014 at 8:54 am said:

Namco woot woot, tyvm

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on September 28th, 2014 at 8:55 am said:

Woot indeed.

+ Mr_Klown on September 28th, 2014 at 8:55 am said:

Those don’t look like DLNA support.

+ erosfortones on September 28th, 2014 at 8:56 am said:

Pretty awesome week, if I do say so myself. Shadow of Mordor, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, & Natural Doctrine.

Of course, we’re all stoked for The Incredibles as a PS2 classic, I’m sure.

=D

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on September 28th, 2014 at 9:00 am said:

:-D

+ FreshaSaurusRex on September 28th, 2014 at 8:56 am said:

Here I was hoping to save some money and then I read that Shadow of Mordor is coming out this week.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on September 28th, 2014 at 9:00 am said:

You can save money next week, maybe?

+ dark_angel69 on September 28th, 2014 at 8:58 am said:

I’m really tempted to get Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor now after all those reviews!! Before that I had no interest in it, ignored all blog post of it, all videos and now I really want it!!!! Problem is I have too many games to get so something may need changed if I buy this. Any idea if there will be a demo this week or should I just go ahead and pre-order it?

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on September 28th, 2014 at 9:01 am said:

It’s really good. Already about 5 hours in and love it. Stealth Talion FTW.

+ dark_angel69 on September 28th, 2014 at 9:03 am said:

Sounds good! Alright alright I’ll go for it!!! Can get me off Destiny for a while which is starting to get boring now.

+ Ghostwize on September 28th, 2014 at 9:04 am said:

No idea Pier Solar came out this week. Surprise! :D Already got Shadow of Mordor. Just waiting on the predownload to start. I thought it was suppose to start downloading today? Still hasn’t started. Info? Thanks! :D

+ Retry_Rabbit on September 28th, 2014 at 9:06 am said:

I’m anxiously awaiting for my digital copy of Shadow of Mordor to pre-load. I’m glad Sherlock is getting a digital release too, although I might need to wait a little bit before I can grab it. This fall is jam packed with good games. ;)

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on September 28th, 2014 at 9:07 am said:

Right? I have too much to play. Great problem. :3

+ Djent_Maven on September 28th, 2014 at 9:06 am said:

Hey Ryan,

Love the weekly drop. Do you know if any new games will be available for pre order? Like Alien: Isolation? Have Mordor Pre-ordered. Cannot wait!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on September 28th, 2014 at 9:09 am said:

Hi! I’ll have to look into that, I’m not sure which new pre-order offers are locked in for next week…

Thanks for stopping by!

+ Gorvi on September 28th, 2014 at 9:07 am said:

Wow, what a great week. Pier Solar looks awesome. Ryan, any idea on the pricing on the Namco Museum games and if they'[re Vita compatible?

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on September 28th, 2014 at 9:14 am said:

Hi! Not sure about compatibility cause I don’t have that info handy. But pricing for each individual Namco Museum classic is approximately 6 dollars in the US (subject to change!).

+ Prpl_HAZE_kush on September 28th, 2014 at 9:07 am said:

Does anyone know what time the pre loading starts on mordor?

+ peanut0423 on September 28th, 2014 at 9:09 am said:

Steimer was playing Mordor all day yesterday.

+ yowzagabowza on September 28th, 2014 at 9:13 am said:

I wonder how much these games cost? If only there was a blog post that had the prices before they went live….

+ GattsuWolf on September 28th, 2014 at 9:15 am said:

F YEAAH!! natural doctrine! My vita is ready! :D

+ eggmiester28 on September 28th, 2014 at 9:17 am said:

A lot of games coming out this week, and a few i am thinking about getting. Falling Skies: The Game, Pier Solar, and Short Peace Ranko Tsukigime’s Longest Day are the big ones on my list.

+ yowzagabowza on September 28th, 2014 at 9:17 am said:

I said BEFORE the store updates. It would help a lot of people. Keep the plus discounts a secret if you must, but the regular price should be up early.

+ KeyBladeWeilder9 on September 28th, 2014 at 9:21 am said:

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax for me this week, I’m hyped!

+ whereymyconary on September 28th, 2014 at 9:23 am said:

Short Peace Ranko Tsukigime’s Longest Day finally coming state side?! Does that mean the movies are getting released here too? Been wanting to watch those.

But good week I have Sherlock pre ordered figured I can wait on mordor. They don’t need my money to stay in business.

+ AgentX on September 28th, 2014 at 9:40 am said:

Looks like a healthy week for new game releases.

+ Ikusa02 on September 28th, 2014 at 9:44 am said:

Totally getting Pier Solar. I have quite the soft spot for 16 bit RPGs. They seem to be my most played type of game, even to this day. I haven’t had a good kick of 16-bit since Dragon Fantasy Book 1 either :) I recommend Dragon Fantasy Book 1 also, it’s very funny ^_^

Now here’s to hoping that the price of Pier Solar isn’t 5 cents higher than I currently have in my PSN account lol. Why can’t we just go to a nice rounded number system?

+ Trygon00 on September 28th, 2014 at 9:51 am said:

Glad to see P4AU finally here! Though these games are nice I am still trying to patiently wait for Jamestown+ on PS4. It was so fun on PC via Steam! Looking forward to the new content in + though.

+ Todoh789 on September 28th, 2014 at 9:54 am said:

Can you please pass on a question to Namco if they can release the last Namco Museum PSX game, NM Encore, as a JP import?

+ perrandy on September 28th, 2014 at 9:54 am said:

pier solar for me,hope the price will be budget friendly!
also, i will try the lord of the rings game sometime in the future.awesome week for ps gamers :)

+ DarkStar83x on September 28th, 2014 at 9:57 am said:

You really need someone else to pick the PS1/PS2 Classics…there’s WAY more that we want.

+ Remmy8199 on September 28th, 2014 at 10:02 am said:

Finally, a great week for a change. I had to make a difficult choice between Shadow of Mordor and Persona 4 Arena, but in the end I caved on P4A. The way the last one “ended” left a bad taste in my mouth because of the whole cliffhanger thing and I just have to see the story through to the end. Shadow of Mordor will have to wait.

+ Khisrow1 on September 28th, 2014 at 10:02 am said:

why Shadow of Mordor isn’t preloading yet?

+ muha_ronin on September 28th, 2014 at 10:07 am said:

Invizimals is the best game on the list, especially if you are into Pokemons. This game from Spanish producer is really underestimated by PSN US.

+ navcomm81 on September 28th, 2014 at 10:08 am said:

I might pick up Shadow of Mordor in a couple months, but otherwise it’s a complete pass again this week. Pretty sure last digital release I bought was Strider for PS4… otherwise I’m still playing D3 UEE, Tomb Raider Definitive, and NHL 15

+ unlovedhomie on September 28th, 2014 at 10:10 am said:

sigh…….where do we go to VOTE on the ps2/ps1 classics? more disney games ! i can believe we dont have games like rouge galaxy, soul reaver, star ocean (all of them) and suikoden 2 for heavens sake.

+ SonicRift on September 28th, 2014 at 10:24 am said:

I was complaining just yesterday that I didn’t have a way to play Galaga, Digdug, or Ms. Pacman on my PS3, and ordered physical copies of Namco Museum Vols. 1 and 3. Would have preferred them digitally. Didn’t see that coming!
Wouldn’t mind the ol’ Activision Anthology for PS2 being released as a PS3 Classic…

+ AizawaYuuichi on September 28th, 2014 at 10:25 am said:

Already have Shadow of Mordor pre-ordered at retail and looking forward to it. Didn’t need any reviews to tell me whether or not I’d like it, thankfully. I’m a big boy, I can make my own decisions.

But Pier Solar and Second Chance Heroes both release this week as well? If those are priced right, I’ll have a couple more games to fit into my busy gaming schedule. It’s a good problem to have. BEYOND, Ryan! And happy Uruk hunting!

+ Ikusa02 on September 28th, 2014 at 10:26 am said:

@25 I believe the price will be around $15. On Pier Solar’s Kickstarter, people who give $15 or more will be given a digital copy of the game.

@29 Hopefully those demos can help it gain some popularity :) I’ll download and try it at least.

+ kaminari2 on September 28th, 2014 at 10:26 am said:

Namco Museum 1-5!

My Tuesday is going to be busy.

+ DecadanceFantasy on September 28th, 2014 at 10:34 am said:

Hey! I’m all ready to play Pier Solar HD! It looks awesome and I’ve been craving a good RPG on PS4!
Shadow of Mordor looks great, just… so bloody. I think I’ll wait a bit on that one. I was into Natural Doctrine then I saw some really low review scores so I might have to wait and see more gameplay. Still looks fun though.

+ bhm65 on September 28th, 2014 at 10:37 am said:

PIER SOLAR COOOOOOOOOL :) RPG MORE FUN :)

+ Rezolution77 on September 28th, 2014 at 10:46 am said:

Chariot is PS4 only…….Pass.
Invizimals were released last week, but look forward to a demo.
Futuridium, tempting, but going to wait.
Natural Doctrine, interested, but not at that price.
Namco museum, nice add for psone classic.
Pier Solar, cute, but no Vita (too many psone anyway). Tad pricey for Genesis.

Shadow of Mordor, now maybe PS4 will be worth buying more (but without bacwards compatibilty, I would stick with PC).

+ SeanStrange on September 28th, 2014 at 10:49 am said:

Really big and amazing week this week. Debating what games I should snag.

+ Anarckhy on September 28th, 2014 at 10:54 am said:

I’m looking to pre-order Shadow of Mordor as well as GTA V from the Playstation Store for my PS4. Does anyone know when we can pre-order GTA V? I mean the game comes out in 2 months, but we can pre-order other games with no exact release date. Is there a problem with GTA V digital version?

+ Rezolution77 on September 28th, 2014 at 10:54 am said:

When can we get a thumbs up for comment? Like EU, and maybe a sale like the one thet are having untill the 8th.

+ plaztiksyke on September 28th, 2014 at 11:14 am said:

Chariot: you had me at “brave princess” — strong female characters are what sets PlayStation’s content pipeline apart from the other consoles. I just wish they would do more GLBT characters (beyond The Last of Us)

Futuridium: I was luke-warm on this until the developer confirmed that stereoscopic 3D would be coming in a post-release patch. Now I’ll be buying it upon release. I just wish that Resogun would support stereo 3D soon!

The Incredibles: Were these Disney titles part of the content deal that allowed Grim Fandango to happen? Still tipping that PS2 classics will be on Vita, my guess is after Christmas so that these legacy title sales don’t interfere with sales of new titles.

+ plaztiksyke on September 28th, 2014 at 11:14 am said:

Invizimals: The Alliance: Chances of me purchasing this are near zero after the botched release of the PSP titles for Vita. Weird hangs in the game, Vita requiring a hard reboot — whoever the brand manager is needs to understand that software quality sticks with the perception of a franchise for a long, long time.

Namco Museum: uneven scaling and 11khz audio of classic video games? no thanks. please give us a natively scaled emulation title on Vita so we don’t have to jailbreak and get a better version in MAME.

Sherlock Holmes: after paying full price at retail for Frogwares’ last Holmes game, I simply do not trust them to ship quality product or to support it post-release. I’ll need to play a demo of reasonable length before I spend another dime on any of their games. Which is a shame, because I *love* adventure games.

+ MrPonuraski on September 28th, 2014 at 11:17 am said:

#Suikoden2onPSStore

+ andremal on September 28th, 2014 at 11:18 am said:

Natural Doctrine with a side of Shadow of Mordor ftw! Woot!

+ Zaul013 on September 28th, 2014 at 11:30 am said:

No Minecraft PSVita This Week TT.TT

+ Blkant on September 28th, 2014 at 11:35 am said:

The PS4’s friend request system has been buggy all weekend, you can find numerous posts about it on reddit etc…

Btw, any hints on when can we expect “The Drop” for the Planetside 2? :)

+ Superstone on September 28th, 2014 at 11:38 am said:

Yes Namco Museum(s)!! Hope they are playable on the Vita. Keep the psone classics coming!!

+ hawjboi2009 on September 28th, 2014 at 11:42 am said:

i am downloading Shadow of Mordor right now on my ps4.. can’t wait to play it and other 3 games are Driveclub, Alien Isolation and NBA 2k15

+ dkarlowicz10 on September 28th, 2014 at 11:49 am said:

I loved Incredibles on PS2. But why aren’t PS2 classics playable on Vita? I would gladly but them if I could play them on the Vita. Glad to see Namco Musuem, but why isn’t Namco releasing Pac Man CE on the Vita? So many missed opportunities. I understand no more original AAA games, but why not release old PSN and PS2 HD games like Pac Man CE, Shadow of Colossus, Okami HD and others on the Vita. I rather have those games than have games like Woah Dave. Sony: talk to other developers like Namco and Capcom and bring these over to Vita. BTW, I am extremely happy with my PS4, I just feel that Vita needs a better line up and support.

PAGE 1 2 3