God of War

Oct 03

Oct 03

Jet Car Stunts Launches on PS3, Vita Tuesday

Jakub Mikyska's Avatar Posted by CEO, Grip Games

Hey! This is Jakub from Grip Games, and I’m here to finally announce the release date of our upcoming game Jet Car Stunts that we have been teasing for quite some time.

And it’s going to be released really soon! The PS3 and PS Vita versions are launching next week, on October 7th. They will cost $7.99 and will support cross buy. So, buying the PS3 version lets you download the PS Vita version and the other way around. The PS4 version will follow shortly. It will also have cross buy support, so if you buy the PS3 or PS Vita version now, then you’ll be able to download the PS4 version, once it arrives, for free.

If you haven’t seen any of the news about the game that we posted here on PlayStation.Blog, then you should know that Jet Car Stunts is a high-speed, adrenaline-fuelled hybrid between a racing game and a platformer. You’ll control a jet-engine-enabled car and will have to race against time — and other players — on the craziest tracks you have ever seen, containing loops, falls, obstacles, and mile-long jumps. See the trailer to get an idea of what Jet Car Stunts looks like and plays like.

Jet Car StuntsJet Car Stunts

The Jet Car Stunts series is around for a few years, but this is the first time it is coming to PSN, with new game modes, new cars, and new features, so we hope that you really like it!

I will be around in the comments section, so feel free to ask me anything you would like to know about the game. Have fun!

Add Your Own

Mobius2525 said:

October 3rd, 7:10 am

Sweet first!

Mobius2525 said:

October 3rd, 7:11 am

Love cross buy, will pick it up for vita.

langdon said:

October 3rd, 7:26 am

That looks like a load of fun.

FurryCurry said:

October 3rd, 7:56 am

Yeah so I’m going to be buying this next week. Geez. Can’t wait to re-experience it on a proper controller.

mtk93 said:

October 3rd, 7:57 am

Will it have split-screen multiplayer? I’d love to play this game with my son.

Jakub Mikyska's Avatar

Jakub Mikyska said:

October 3rd, 8:09 am

No, but you can race against the ghost of your previous best time, so you can definitely play together, hand over the controller after each race (they only take a few minutes) and try to be faster.

jimmyfoxhound said:

October 3rd, 8:19 am

Looks fun! Cross-buy makes this super enticing, I’ll def check the game out!

Android66 said:

October 3rd, 8:30 am

Looks fun, but I prefer the more detailed world of Grip Shift to the shaded polygonal structures here. Are there secrets to find, or is it primarily racing?

Jakub Mikyska's Avatar

Jakub Mikyska said:

October 3rd, 8:47 am

I don’t know if you will consider that a “secret”, but the game is intentionally made to be exploitable. To let you find shortcuts and unexpected ways to cut your time. We want to get a lot of “Whoa, why didn’t I think of that” reactions from people racing against other people. So, that’s our secrets in Jet Car Stunts.

oGMo said:

October 3rd, 8:35 am

Whoa. Reminds me of GripShift. I loved that game. And this works on the Vita! Sold!

hush404 said:

October 3rd, 9:14 am

That actually looks kind of neat.

Rezolution77 said:

October 3rd, 9:26 am

Another IOS port.
But you guys have the price right, and support CrossBuy. Nice.

Looks good, but I want to see a few actual Vita gameplay videos before I buy.
Looking forward to it.

Jakub Mikyska's Avatar

Jakub Mikyska said:

October 3rd, 10:55 am

The Vita version looks identical to this trailer, just the resolution is lower (Vita-native). There’s no drop in quality

ZildjianKX said:

October 3rd, 10:38 am

I’m a big fan of Jet Car Stunts and Jet Car Stunts 2. Is this based on the second game? Is there any DLC for it, or is everything included? Thanks!

Jakub Mikyska's Avatar

Jakub Mikyska said:

October 3rd, 10:56 am

It is based on the first game, but there are many things that are new that were not in JCS or JCS2, like new cars, or new game mode. Also, the graphics has been redone, so although the style is the same, you’ll notice there’s more details, better textures, etc. There is no day-one DLC, everything is in. If there is ever a DLC available, it will be with a new content.

Superstone said:

October 3rd, 11:24 am

I’m in

CrownedLion said:

October 3rd, 12:08 pm

Now, would you say this is a simulation racer, or more of an arcade style…?

Jakub Mikyska's Avatar

Jakub Mikyska said:

October 4th, 6:42 am

As far as racing in a jet-equipped Formula 1 car goes, it is definitely a simulation ;-) On a serious note, there is a lot of drifting and no gear shifting, but on the other hand, precision, timing and memorization of tracks is required. So it is a bit of both.

jakekoloko001 said:

October 3rd, 2:28 pm

and for those TROPHY HUNTERS this game have PLATINUM ??

Jakub Mikyska's Avatar

Jakub Mikyska said:

October 4th, 6:50 am

Sorry, no platinum. But each version (PS3, PS Vita, PS4) comes with its own set of trophies, so you’ll be able to get three of them for the price of one ;-)

krae_man said:

October 3rd, 6:11 pm

If I close my eyes, I can pretend it’s a Gripshift sequel!

PanTheMan16 said:

October 3rd, 6:33 pm

“PS3 and Vita” ~

JOHNVMZ said:

October 3rd, 7:01 pm

Does it have custom control settings? Psp Midnight Club L.A Remix has it. Someone might like Acceleration on R bottom and Brake on L bottom which is Vita Ridge Racer and Need for Speed has, and I don’t like it. I cant change the control because they don’t have custom control settings. I want Acceleration on the R bottom and Brake on Square, its better for me. i also prefer steering on d-pad. Thats why i hope every racing game have custom control settings. Just like Fighting games like Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Welmosca said:

October 6th, 1:03 pm

Nice to see its coming to Vita…although I would enjoy playing this game on PS3 as well.

VinsanityV21 said:

October 6th, 1:58 pm

This looks rad! I love games like Trackmania, so I’m all about this. Looks super fun. Reminds me of… dang, there was a real early PS3 digital only game that isn’t available anymore that was sort of like this. Tracks in the sky, tons of levels, kinda Super Monkey Ball-y but you drove a car around them instead… it was REAL early, like “Pain” and “Calling All Cops” were contemporary titles. I wanna say Grind-Shift or Gripshift or something. I loved that game and it just sort of disappeared (it’s not even available for sale on the PSN anymore). I would like to play more of that, and this looks like that kind of game to me :D

Hand-of-Vecna said:

October 6th, 4:34 pm

Honestly, I have no intention of buying this game, but I completely approve of the price point for it!

$7.99 cross-buy is great!

Gorvi said:

October 7th, 4:13 am

@VinsanityiV21 Yep, that’s Gripshift you’re thinking of. It was an early PSP game that later got a port up to the PS3.

teeriwehry said: