PlayStation Vue

Oct 07

15277938890_9372e43cd1_o

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Available for PS3, PS4 Cross-buy

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by on Oct 07, 2014 // Senior Manager, Social Media, SIEA

Call of Duty: Advance Warfare for PS4, PS3

We’re just one month from the launch of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare! Today, Activision announced that as an added benefit, for a limited time, all PS3 digital purchases of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare will also receive the PS4 version for free. In addition to this upgrade offer, if you purchase the PS4 version of the game, you will receive the PS3 version through our cross-buy program.

This limited time-offer also applies to all DLC purchased for in-game use, including the Season Pass. Additionally, all stats and in-game progress upgrades will transfer for free, with no deadline.

Below we’ve compiled answers to some common questions about the cross-buy offer. Click here for the full FAQ.

Q: When I buy/redeem the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Digital Base Game, Digital Pro Edition, or Season Pass for PS3 or PS4, how do I get the other version?

A: When you buy/redeem the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Digital Base Game, Digital Pro Edition, or Season Pass for PS3 or PS4 by March 31st, 2015, you can download the other version from the PlayStation Store for free by doing the following:

• Log into your console using the same Sony Entertainment Network Account (PSN ID) used to buy/redeem the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Digital Base Game or Season Pass.
  • Navigate to the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare content page for the version of the game you want to download.
  • Add the item to your cart and complete the transaction.
  • Wait for the download to complete.

Please Note: Season Pass content (which includes DLC 1, 2, 3 & 4) will only be available for full download once released.

Q: I already pre-ordered the game, am I still eligible for this promotion?

A: Absolutely! Simply follow the instructions in the first question above to access your content.

Q: Will pre-loading work for both versions? When can I access the free version of the game?

A: The game will pre-load for the console version you paid for. You can access the other version on November 3rd, 2014 by following the instructions in the first question.

Q: When does this offer expire?

A: For full game free upgrades, this offer expires on March 31st, 2015. This means that you must buy/redeem Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare digitally on or before this date to be eligible for the free upgrade. All DLC purchased for in-game use, including Season Pass, upgrades for free with no deadline.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Gamerzlimited on October 7th, 2014 at 2:21 pm said:

Call of Duty has Cross Buy? That’s something new. Might have to consider this.

+ TidusBlitz on October 7th, 2014 at 2:27 pm said:

Nice promo for people still on the fence about going to next gen

+ nextleveltaken on October 7th, 2014 at 2:29 pm said:

I’m not a Call of Duty fan, but this is a nice deal for many. I hope other publishers take notice.

+ Elvick_ on October 7th, 2014 at 2:40 pm said:

Shocking… well done Activision. Now sell Crash to sony for a reasonable amount and we’re good.

+ elwood3 on October 7th, 2014 at 2:43 pm said:

Live, Die, Repeat!

+ pickupdoctor on October 7th, 2014 at 2:48 pm said:

Yeah I need to see that movie. I heard it was awesome.

+ JSEVERITT on October 7th, 2014 at 2:52 pm said:

Nice! Makes the decision of playing online with friends who haven’t upgraded vs. playing the better looking/running version non existent! Couldn’t be happier! (Unless of course they made this available for physical copies too…)

+ Superstone on October 7th, 2014 at 2:55 pm said:

I’m in

+ d34dl4st88 on October 7th, 2014 at 3:05 pm said:

This is awesome because I still have friends on the PS3. It allows me to play the PS3 version when they’re playing, or play on the PS4 by myself.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on October 8th, 2014 at 10:13 am said:

Yeah, it’s great that you get the PS3 version if you buy the PS4 version. Very cool!

+ Motherboop on October 7th, 2014 at 3:32 pm said:

Reserving now. Only been getting more reasons to fall in love with this franchise again.

+ HeadGReasE on October 7th, 2014 at 3:43 pm said:

Will the trophy list be shared like Destiny?

+ tusunami on October 7th, 2014 at 3:45 pm said:

All of this still doesn’t matter Destiny is the best period.

+ Wrru on October 7th, 2014 at 3:52 pm said:

Running to Gamestop and cancelling that disk pre-order and getting the PSN card to get it digitally. Now closer to the $100 for $15 rebate. this game is getting cheaper by the minute.

+ QuantumMercury on October 7th, 2014 at 4:09 pm said:

Amazing what good promos can do. I went from not wanting to buy this game at all to preordering just because of this.

+ Peewee78368 on October 7th, 2014 at 4:40 pm said:

Wow 100% buying it digital I LIVE YOU SONY

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on October 8th, 2014 at 10:14 am said:

We live you too :-)

+ Gamerzlimited on October 7th, 2014 at 4:42 pm said:

Ok, now my comment finally shows up and that I’m first. Why does my comments keep getting delayed every time?

And after reading this, I noticed it only available for digital owners. Never mind, I thought people who want the physical disc gets this treatment too. Why not do the same promotion as Call of Duty: Ghosts as well?

+ AmnesiacWanderer on October 7th, 2014 at 4:45 pm said:

So i only have a PS3 right now and it might take me up to a year to get a PS4 so i’m wondering if i buy COD:AW for PS3 can i add the PS4 version to my account to download later without having a physical PS4? you know do it from the web like other cross play titles. Can anyone clarify?

+ ParadoX444 on October 7th, 2014 at 4:50 pm said:

Activision isnt money hungry?… COD cross buy isnt a Microsoft exclusive? Im mind blown at the moment. Good job Activision after all these years when the franchise is dying you did something right. Thanks!

+ Drasadex on October 7th, 2014 at 6:54 pm said:

Too bad this doesn’t apply to physical copies of the game… :(

+ PowningFreak on October 7th, 2014 at 7:09 pm said:

Can I buy the retail copy on PS4 and get the PS3 one free digitally?

+ andrewsqual on October 7th, 2014 at 7:13 pm said:

Wait can they do this? And of course what I mean is can Xbox do this too? Because if not, Microsoft will be having severe words with Activision. You can’t just give Playstation owners something that the platform is capable of. You have to conform to the lowest standard.
What next? The multiplayer will support mods, be cross play with PC and support 200 player matches like the 5 year old MAG and upcoming Planetside 2? :)

+ MakaiOokami on October 7th, 2014 at 7:25 pm said:

Wow… Activision, putting the consumer first? Is Belial involved somehow? This feels like a trap. A lie.

I mean I know that digital purchases give companies WAY more per pop than it does for Physical, but really? Well you guys just set the bar higher. I don’t really care for the Call of Duty experience, but if I can play with my friend who has a PS3, and play with people on the PS4, that’s a miracle…

Now my friends just have to want to play Call of Duty…

+ TriP6963 on October 7th, 2014 at 7:48 pm said:

Great promo for the game. And even better commitment with the March deadline. Interested in getting the digital copy would even pre-order it… but still waiting for file size for PS4 and I guess now PS3. Any chance of giving us a heads up about what to expect?

+ xWaanted on October 7th, 2014 at 7:54 pm said:

So how does that work with leveling up. Lets say i get to level 10 on ps3 if i go on ps4 will i be level 10? What about the other way around? I actually had no intention of buying Advanced Warfare but this is such a great deal so i might have to.

+ jibjab79 on October 7th, 2014 at 8:49 pm said:

So… this is not a current gen game, I last gen game with better resolution. I think Microsoft and Sony put their consoles out to soon.

+ oo7PorscheMGS on October 7th, 2014 at 8:55 pm said:

Very cool deal, but just a competitive players point of view – I stopped playing COD 3-4 years ago because of the reliance on aim assist and radar in the game and the overabundance of perks+killstreaks. It feels like rock paper scissors x 1000, it’s not pure skill based anymore – too chaotic.

Add in a random + 100% LUCK based care package that could give you an ammo refill or a chopper that gives you 20 kills… and you have a game that is more about luck and assists than skill. Again, just my competitive opinion, but I do not want to play a shooter that gives you plus or minus 20 kills just based on luck.

And that is only from ONE care package…. most great gamers can get 5-10 care packages in one match. Over the course of one match, too many kills are given because of luck or an advantage in the rock paper scissors x1000 perk gameplay.

+ DEISELDOG83 on October 7th, 2014 at 10:22 pm said:

CALL OF DUTY EPIC
PLEASE BRING WORLD AT WAR TO NEXT GEN AND BRING BACK THE TANKS AND ORIGINAL BOUNCING BETTY’s,GET RID OF THESE TRASH CAN LIDS

+ iREVOLTER on October 7th, 2014 at 11:18 pm said:

WOW! Thx Activision, I guess. Nice bonus to see on PS Systems.

+ whereymyconary on October 7th, 2014 at 11:19 pm said:

If you use the online store on your computer you can buy, or redeem whatever you want and download later. I do it for plus games all the time. This should work the same.

+ VNDLism on October 8th, 2014 at 1:55 am said:

This would be nice if digital version weren’t overpriced.
jbhifi = 80
Psn = 100

Never understood why digital is more expensive than brick and mortar stores.

+ andrewsqual on October 8th, 2014 at 3:31 am said:

False alarm people. Ignore my comment above. Apparently this is coming to 360 and Xbone too. I guess Activision really CAN’T give PlayStation fans a Cross Buy title (a service that exists since early 2012) unless Xbox does it too. Its in their contract with Microsoft too BUT as we all know, that contract is 5 years old and didn’t include a clause that Ghosts had to be butchered on the PS4 to match the Xbone version.
This just proves even more that the AC Unity 900p thing was a paid contract and deal with Microsoft and Ubisoft. That the PS4 and Xbone versions have to be the same NO MATTER THE FINAL CIRCUMSTANCES.

+ QUITIANGAMER on October 8th, 2014 at 7:19 am said:

AMAZING I HOPE I CAN BUY IT EARLY

+ Darth_NODlike on October 8th, 2014 at 8:59 am said:

I am confused about this language on the PS4 purchase side of things: “One-time license fee for play on purchasing account’s designated, primary PS4™ system and other PS4 systems when signed in with purchasing account.” Does this mean that there is an additional fee for having the game on two systems? How does this work with cross-buy?

+ hesoyamdon on October 8th, 2014 at 9:19 am said:

is this offer applies to all the international account or is this offer only for us account

+ Welmosca on October 8th, 2014 at 10:01 am said:

Hold on…activision doing cross-buy on CoD?….now THIS is something new that we don’t see everyday,its almost unbelievable lol.Well great deal for anyone who plans to buy it.Advanced Warfare looks decent,we’ll see if it can bring me back to CoD.

+ iSara-HD on October 8th, 2014 at 12:10 pm said:

Do you guys know if when upgrading to ps4 after buying it digitally via ps3, if you can gameshare again to someone on ps4?

+ bray4ever8 on October 8th, 2014 at 12:18 pm said:

You all need to do an XB360 to PS4 upgrade incentive as that is where a lot of your customers are coming from.

+ Jimmy6694350 on October 8th, 2014 at 12:21 pm said:

I was a call of duty fan but I’m not getting the game if it doesn’t have zombies that a big reason why I was getting it.

+ jibjab79 on October 8th, 2014 at 1:21 pm said:

Modern Warfare 2 was the last decent storyline ( campaign).
Black Ops 2 was the best multiplayer.
In my opinion of course.
They should just cut the crap and make a COD Online only. Feature all the past maps throughout all the series, then add new ones as DLC. Combine all the game modes from across all the series, weapons, perks and so on. They can even do their camo pack purchases

+ TheMadGamer9000 on October 8th, 2014 at 9:25 pm said:

Dang sucks that this is only Digital , I already Pre-Ordered the Atlas Pro Edition

+ moonwalker925 on October 9th, 2014 at 1:45 pm said:

I have pre ordered a PS4 Atlas Pro edition. What IS the harm in letting me download a PS3 copy as well to play with others who have not yet upgraded ?

Even if I turned around and sold my physical copy, and just play the PS3 copy, dont the developers get the same money they did as if I had purchased the digital one in the first place ??

Please give your thoughts and careful commentary.

+ dedoo_- on October 9th, 2014 at 3:10 pm said:

Can I play call of duty advanced on ps4 with my friends who play call of duty on ps3??
Please answer me

+ CV-HUNTER-X on October 9th, 2014 at 6:17 pm said:

Should I need to buy the digital version on PSN in order for this? I pre-ordered on Best buy and will eventually get an email confirmation with the code. Will I still be able to re-download on PS3, since I pre ordered for my PS???

Thanks

+ CV-HUNTER-X on October 9th, 2014 at 6:20 pm said:

Sorry I preordered on PS4

+ christiandmn on October 9th, 2014 at 7:55 pm said:

Do the digital versions we buy at retailers like Best Buy also qualify for the free cross-buy?

+ ballsak2nv on October 9th, 2014 at 9:04 pm said:

Will the auto d/load start in time or allow enough time to d/load for all countries who pre order so the game is avail to play at day zero launch?

Or does the d/load start at day zero launch.

+ ballsak2nv on October 9th, 2014 at 9:06 pm said:

Q: Is this offer available for disc-based copies of the game?
A: Anyone who purchases a physical copy of the game is not eligible for this offer. All DLC (purchased in both disc and digital formats) including Season Pass is eligible.

DLC only.

+ morris_family on October 9th, 2014 at 11:41 pm said:

Figures. I pre-ordered the physical copy months ago for the PlayStation 4….. While the DLC (i.e. Season Pass, add-on content etc) transfers I get reamed out on the FREE PlayStation 3 copy. Very unhappy about this. Is there anything that can be done? Maybe send someone a copy of the reciept or something. I feel this is unfair to those, like me, getting the disc.

+ zoba88 on October 10th, 2014 at 12:30 am said:

if I have not a ps4, ​​I can buy the ps4 version for free from the store online from a pc to log in with the same account with which I bought it on ps3?

+ LStead15 on October 10th, 2014 at 5:25 am said:

They just want you to do digital download buys so you can’t resell the game after you are done with it….they ain’t slick!

PAGE 1 2 3