God of War

Oct 07

lbp3

LittleBigPlanet 3: Hugh Laurie, Stephen Fry in All-Star Cast

Steven Isbell's Avatar Posted by on Oct 07, 2014 // LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

LittleBigPlanet 3 is going to be the biggest, most awesomest, most amazingest adventure yet! So we’re proud to announce today that as a LittleBigPlanet first… our entire adventure will be fully voice acted!

Long-time fans will already be well-accustomed to Stephen Fry’s dulcet tones as LittleBigPlanet’s ever-warm and loving Narrator. But evil is afoot for our otherwise pleasant world and the nefarious Newton is here to cause all kinds of trouble and mischief in this brand new adventure!

Hugh Laurie

But just who would be the dream voice to contest against Mr. Fry…?

Introducing Hugh Laurie as the voice of Newton!

That’s right! The mischievous Newton is being voiced by none other than Stephen Fry’s long-time comedic partner… Hugh Laurie!
We have naturally always been big fans of Stephen Fry, so when it came to deciding upon a voice to act as his dastardly counterpart, we couldn’t help but think that bringing Hugh Laurie on as the voice of Newton would be just the perfect double act for LittleBigPlanet 3. We couldn’t be happier to have him on-board!

More Stars Abound in LittleBigPlanet 3!

That’s not all, though! Our brand new Adventure is filled with all kinds of wonderful characters, new Creator Curators, and more NPCs than ever before in a LittleBigPlanet game. So we needed a wonderful array of voices to help bring all these characters to life.

We don’t want to get all spoiler-y before you even have a chance to discover Sackboy’s newest story for yourself, but we wanted to let you know that you will have the opportunity to listen out for the likes of top names Peter Serafinowicz (Shaun of the Dead), and Simon Greenall (Alan Partridge, Wimbledon), along with video game stalwarts such as Nolan North (UNCHARTED series, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor) and Tara Strong (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, The Fairly OddParents).

Returning Voices!

Last but by no means least, we have one final tease for you.

LittleBigPlanet 3: NewtonLittleBigPlanet 3: Newton

We have some additional voices returning from a previous LittleBigPlanet adventure that will be making a very welcome return when they reunite with Sackboy in his latest escapade.
Mum’s the word for now though. We’re already saying too much!

You can meet up with these returning voices; along with Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie, and the rest of our amazing cast when LittleBigPlanet 3 launches on November 18th, 2014.

We’re so excited to bring you Sackboy’s biggest adventure yet later this year, and we can’t wait to hear what you think of everybody that he and his new friends meet.

+ letherclad on October 7th, 2014 at 5:13 am said:

Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie? That will be pretty amazing, I always liked the show A Bit of Fry & Laurie

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on October 7th, 2014 at 9:30 am said:

Myself (along with a good number of the LBP team) have always wanted to be able to team up Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie, so we’re really pleased to finally be able to do so with Sackboy’s latest adventure!

+ Dreamflyer on October 7th, 2014 at 5:18 am said:

Awsome game gets better and better!!!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on October 7th, 2014 at 9:32 am said:

We’ve been bursting at the seams waiting to announce our wonderful cast for LittleBigPlanet 3! Glad to hear that you’re excited as we are!

+ SlyCooperFan100 on October 7th, 2014 at 5:42 am said:

Hugh Laurie for LBP 3.

My pre-order has been justified.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on October 7th, 2014 at 9:38 am said:

He makes an excellent villain for our new story!

+ Huanchu on October 7th, 2014 at 5:43 am said:

Best of British! FTW! :D

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on October 7th, 2014 at 9:34 am said:

Seemed like the only way to go with our English voice cast!
    Such a perfect double act!

+ Knife-8 on October 7th, 2014 at 5:46 am said:

Hello. I’m a huge fan of LBP games. I wanted to check on something before I pre-order LBP 3 for the PS 4. Are you planning on having a similar deal that Activision had with Destiny where if you purchase the PS 3 digital version, you get the PS 4 for free? I still plan on getting the PS 4 version either way, but if I could still play it with my friends on the PS 3 without having to double dip, that would be great too. Thank you and keep up the great work.

+ Knife-8 on October 7th, 2014 at 5:50 am said:

Also, (this question seems to be avoided like the plague anytime there is a LBP 3 article), are the costumes from LBP and LBP 2 going to be available for transfer as they were with all the previous LBP titles? Thank you and have a great day!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on October 7th, 2014 at 9:37 am said:

We’re not avoiding it, we just haven’t got the details fully locked down just yet.
    If we did, I would most definitely be shouting out about them!

I can assure you though that it’s one of our top priorities and we hope to have some news for you all soon!

+ ANGRYFEAR5 on October 7th, 2014 at 5:53 am said:

I loved Tara Strong in Drawn Together.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on October 7th, 2014 at 9:40 am said:

Ooooh… Best Tara Strong character…
    That’s a tough one!

Rikku from Final Fantasy X was always a memorable voice for me!

+ Roaming_Ryu on October 7th, 2014 at 6:11 am said:

Little Big Planet 3… IN DA HOOUUUUUSE!!!!!

I’m so punny.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on October 7th, 2014 at 9:41 am said:

Well, as long as someone else is making them, I won’t have the rest of the LBP team moaning at me when I come up with my own puns!

+ InsanePancakeMan on October 7th, 2014 at 6:16 am said:

OMG!! i cannot wait for this release, i LOVED LBP1 and 2 and finally theres a third one!!! YAY!!!!!! XP

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on October 7th, 2014 at 9:42 am said:

It’s nearly here! Can hardly believe myself that it’s November next month!

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on October 7th, 2014 at 6:19 am said:

Will we be able to skip cutscenes, or scripted sequences, or any of those other un-skippable sections of previous LBP games? Those unskippable sections were extremely annoying in previous LBP games. Not because I want to skip the story. But because on 2nd and 3rd playthroughs, I really just want to get to the action! Please allow us to skip scripted sections!!!

+ ossiecastro5 on October 7th, 2014 at 6:31 am said:

Nolan North, the voice for Deadpool? Incredible!

I am also glad to hear the original narrator as well.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on October 7th, 2014 at 9:41 am said:

It just wouldn’t be LittleBigPlanet without Stephen Fry!

+ fijski8 on October 7th, 2014 at 6:48 am said:

I am really excited about this version of LBP. Hopefully will make some old school creators pop back up. Also would love a beta code, was 100% behaved in the last beta. Used the beta for what it was meant for. Keep up the good work!

+ Jake_Indiman on October 7th, 2014 at 7:26 am said:

Sony you have nailed the coffin! SOLD!

+ JustLu on October 7th, 2014 at 7:58 am said:

Can anyone tell me if ps4 lbp3 players will be able to play with ps3 players ? War thunder allows pc players to play right along with ps4 players so don’t tell me it’s not possible. My daughter’s friends all have ps3’s she wants to play lbp3 with them but I’d prefer to purchase the ps4 version. Crossbuy would be ok too but ps4 playing with ps3 players seems like so much more fun.

+ drpepperdude100 on October 7th, 2014 at 7:59 am said:

Awesome now where is my sackboy plush!!! lol

+ loadstone007s on October 7th, 2014 at 8:14 am said:

Collector Edition please!

+ Figboy on October 7th, 2014 at 8:26 am said:

Nice! I’ve been watching A Bit of Fry and Laurie on Netflix, and it’s a fun show. It’s great to see these guys are teaming up again!

+ ShakeSlayer on October 7th, 2014 at 8:39 am said:

“Maybe, just maybe, one of your favorite characters will be making a return though.”

I sure hope you mean Avalon Centrifuge!

+ KnifingGrimace on October 7th, 2014 at 8:49 am said:

Grab David Hayter if you guys do any MGSV stuff.

+ Spyroluver88 on October 7th, 2014 at 9:34 am said:

You had me@ Nolan North. Now all we need is Troy Baker. They could voice their respective Sackboys! Now that would be awesome!
I can’t wait! And please focus on making Sackboy as recognizable as a certain Plumber I know. Bring on the merchandise!

+ cobrafang on October 7th, 2014 at 10:00 am said:

When is Run Sackboy! Run! coming out? Anyone know other than saying October.

+ Welmosca on October 7th, 2014 at 10:06 am said:

“LittleBigPlanet 3 is going to be the biggest, most awesomest, most amazingest adventure yet!”

That is not true…that was LBP2….LBP3 won’t even come close to that epicness.

+ Welmosca on October 7th, 2014 at 10:08 am said:

@ 21 cobrafang – Oh I want to know that too…I can’t wait to play Run Sackboy Run.

+ plee0161 on October 7th, 2014 at 10:41 am said:

Hey Steven sorry for keep winding you up by saying ” add me ” and that crap! But please can you tell us when ” Run sackboy! Run! Will be released in United Kingdom? Please reply!

+ pitolyo on October 7th, 2014 at 11:54 am said:

Steven please respond. Will I get a plush if I choose the ps3 version I really need to know :(

Gamestop doesn’t say anything about it on their website .

+ Metalsonic_69 on October 7th, 2014 at 12:31 pm said:

I LOVE LittleBigPlanet! Glad to hear that this new game will have some well-known actors in it. Tara Strong <3. I have two questions, though;
1. Will LBP3 support the PSMove for basic controls, and if so, will the Move Pack creation tools come standard?

2. Is there any way I can turn off the motion-controls for Sackboy's head in LBP Vita? I know it's a minor gripe, but the way it is now, if I hold the system in ANY position other than flat against the ground with the screen pointed straight up, Sackboy's head is angled in all kinds of awkward positions, which is pretty distracting while playing.

+ SeniorScrolls on October 7th, 2014 at 12:32 pm said:

10/10 Game of the Year

+ plaztiksyke on October 7th, 2014 at 12:45 pm said:

will there be Move support like in LBP2? I really liked the way that Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves and Puppeteer allowed for fun, accessible co-op play.

wil there be cross-controller support with the Vita, also like LBP2?

with the PS4 version support stereoscopic 3D in 1080p? Puppeteer looked *great* in 3D on PS3, and Trine 2 is just amazing in 3D on PS4.

will we be able to download the LBP1 and/or 2 story/campaign on PS4 so we can have the games on one platform with prettier rendering?

if the rumored PS4 download size is correct (14GB), I hope the audio quality of the voiceovers isn’t compromised as a result. Invizimals on Vita sounded so bad, it steered me away from purchase. Knack’s audio quality was pretty good, so hopefully LBP3’s assets have at least the same bitrate.

+ TrueBlue02 on October 7th, 2014 at 1:01 pm said:

So let me get this strait…

Nolan North…

Tara Strong…

Pre-order button about to get pwnd.

+ FreedomKME on October 7th, 2014 at 1:17 pm said:

This just made my day. And i have just came back from getting a job after 3 months of unemployment.
:D

+ steven1212121212 on October 7th, 2014 at 1:52 pm said:

What caught my attention was Tara Strong. One of my favorite actors (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Lollipop Chainsaw, Batman Arkham series). I do wonder if there will be some My Little Pony content for LBP 3. That would be amazing!

+ Daystrike on October 7th, 2014 at 3:45 pm said:

i did not know this game had a story. color me surprised, and cautiously interested.

+ jlws513 on October 7th, 2014 at 4:20 pm said:

When does the metal gear solid pack for this game release?

+ Cck17 on October 7th, 2014 at 9:36 pm said:

Make sure Sony actually advertises this. I don’t want it to bomb. This game deserves to sell well!

Game looks awesome.

+ Metalsonic_69 on October 8th, 2014 at 6:09 am said:

@22 : What makes you assume LBP3 won’t be at least as good as the second game?

+ methodactor on October 8th, 2014 at 2:06 pm said:

Will the PS3 and PS4 versions have shared trophies?

+ E94Allen on October 9th, 2014 at 6:35 am said:

On that subject about 100% voices does it also have 100% subtitled??? It is a must to have 100% subtitles for hearing impaired and deaf who play video games. No subtitles no play.

+ PrinceofXIII on October 10th, 2014 at 9:07 pm said:

Nice!

+ gertned on October 11th, 2014 at 1:57 pm said:

Got a question real quick. Since LBP3 Will be released in Europe 1 week later,
will we still be able to download the First Week T-Shirt, then?

+ Redikol on October 11th, 2014 at 3:05 pm said:

I can’t wait, I pre-ordered my copy about a month ago! Love this voice cast! Only additional cast suggestion I would love to see is Rowan Atkinson, now that would be awesome!

+ massengerpro on October 15th, 2014 at 6:58 am said:

How much gigabytes is lbp3 ps4 digitally version? Plz answer :(

+ Pegisister on October 20th, 2014 at 10:57 am said:

Can’t wait for it to come out! :)

+ zoranaki1 on October 28th, 2014 at 9:42 am said:

I love how for Newtons voice it isn’t deep and evil sounding, I really think people should create less dark villains with a slightly eccentric personality like they have here, his voice quite high and jokey. Love it, good work LBP team! Looking forward to play this!