Farpoint

Oct 08

octodad

New Octodad Levels Hit PS4 on October 14th, For Free

octodad

Phil Tibitoski's Avatar Posted by on Oct 08, 2014 // President & Co-Founder, Young Horses

It’s finally time… time for two brand spakin’ new levels of Octodad: Dadliest Catch; the Shorts! After the great response Octodad received from y’all, we wanted to give back a little in thanks for your support. Everyone who currently owns Octodad: Dadliest Catch as well as anyone who grabs a copy in the future will get these levels FREE through the new v1.03 patch. The patch will download its way onto your PS4 on Octodad 14th.

Octodad Shorts

After completing the story of Octodad: Dadliest Catch you might be hungry for more. Maybe you’re curious how Octodad and Scarlet got along after their fateful meeting aboard the sailing ship “Cod of War?” Perhaps you’d like to know what shenanigans Stacy and Tommy get up to with their lavish amounts of free time? You can explore both of these questions in the Octodad Shorts “Dad Romance” and “Medical Mess!”

Even if you don’t own Octodad yet, you’ll still get these levels for free when you purchase the game! We’re also putting the game on sale for 1 week (October 14th to October 21st) at 50% off.

Be sure to pop back here once you’ve played the Shorts and let us know what you think!

<3, Young Horses

35 Comments

+ Wylie_Times on October 8th, 2014 at 10:21 am said:

See, now this is how you treat your customers. Sony/Evolution should be paying attention.

+ jhernandez360 on October 8th, 2014 at 10:22 am said:

Any new trophies?

+ PTibzYH on October 8th, 2014 at 10:26 am said:

No new trophies this time around. Sorry!

+ komentra on October 8th, 2014 at 10:37 am said:

No incentive for me to play through them without trophies so I’ll just be skipping them. I bought the game, regretted it, but still played it and got all the trophies because I’m “that guy”.

(And yes, I know that sounds rude of me. Just being honest)

+ JamesBlonde777 on October 8th, 2014 at 10:38 am said:

I was all set to ask for a nice PS+ discount, but then I saw you’ll be offering this for 50% off! Very nice, I have been waiting for a discount on this one. I’m in.

+ PTibzYH on October 8th, 2014 at 10:40 am said:

No worries at all komentra!

+ soundandvision77 on October 8th, 2014 at 10:42 am said:

That’s awesome, thank you so much for the free levels. Looking forward to playing some more of this crazy game!

+ bestscreenname on October 8th, 2014 at 10:53 am said:

Nice! I’m really glad they expand on the story instead of just being completely random. Really looking forward to checking these out. Thanks! Also, what #2 said, any new trophies for this?

+ nextleveltaken on October 8th, 2014 at 10:55 am said:

I love Octodad. New levels, and free at that. Now, this is how you do DLC. Other publishers need to take notes.

+ texasman208 on October 8th, 2014 at 10:56 am said:

Hooray! Loved the game, so more levels are always welcome. Thanks guys!

+ iXi_LAWM9STER on October 8th, 2014 at 11:12 am said:

Thats what I am talking about free stuff for a game.

+ broncosfan2117 on October 8th, 2014 at 11:21 am said:

Will there ever be vita version of this game

+ Elvick_ on October 8th, 2014 at 11:36 am said:

@1: YEAH! SONY AND EVOLUTION SHOULD GIVE DRIVECLUB FREE STUFF TOO….

Oh wait, DriveClub is already getting free DLC in the future. Free tracks, a free car every month until June.

lolignorance

If you’re going to complain, at least have a valid complaint. Whining that Sony should “pay attention” when they’re already doing the same (and have done the same with other titles like Killzone Shadow Fall) is just hilarious.

+ Elvick_ on October 8th, 2014 at 11:36 am said:

Anyway, glad to have more to play. Been waiting!

+ jimmyfoxhound on October 8th, 2014 at 11:56 am said:

Man, you know with all of the Destiny & Driveclub drama I’d totally forgot about wanting to get this game! I’m gonna have to right a wrong by picking it up tonight off the PSN store! :)

+ Bad_Brains on October 8th, 2014 at 12:11 pm said:

Very cool. Really enjoy messing around with this game, looking forward to some new levels.

+ PTibzYH on October 8th, 2014 at 12:46 pm said:

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

+ iREVOLTER on October 8th, 2014 at 12:51 pm said:

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

+ stitt_650 on October 8th, 2014 at 1:51 pm said:

You guys are awesome! Can’t wait to play these.

+ RR99i on October 8th, 2014 at 2:03 pm said:

Thanks Phil for posting about more Octodad fun and also everyone at Young Horses for bringing Octodad to PlayStation! This coming Tuesday is going to be great and having additional content for free is a BIG plus in my book! I’m glad to have been a one day purchaser for Octodad: Dadliest Catch :)

+ guitarded77 on October 8th, 2014 at 3:06 pm said:

Nice… I like free. The game was fun. Been meaning to replay… this will be a good reason.

+ PTibzYH on October 8th, 2014 at 3:20 pm said:

No problem RR99i. It’s our pleasure.

+ YoruAzeniaSIC on October 8th, 2014 at 3:50 pm said:

Awesome Octodad Dadliest Catch is one of my favorite indie games of all time ^^ Can’t wait for more hilarious quirky gameplay :D

+ TheChaosDivision on October 8th, 2014 at 4:16 pm said:

Sounds awesome. Will be buying this.

+ tonydamiani on October 8th, 2014 at 5:23 pm said:

Awesome! I love Octodad! <3

btw. The main song of this game it's so funny and silly that it is stuck in my head still. Even though I haven't played recently.

:P

+ PanTheMan16 on October 8th, 2014 at 6:40 pm said:

Suhweeeet! I loved playing Octodad. Such a unique and good-feeling game that I feel is one of the highlights of the PS4 (even though it wasn’t developed for it). Come October 14th, I’ve got a good thing goooinnnn!

+ Maya_14344 on October 8th, 2014 at 9:21 pm said:

Im looking forward to buy this game in the future.It looks great with free levels.

+ tusunami on October 8th, 2014 at 9:38 pm said:

I still haven’t played this game yet & I own it this is nice update to the game.

+ TmF1979 on October 9th, 2014 at 4:34 am said:

I was hoping this game would be on sale soon. Been wanting to try it and I don’t recall seeing a demo.

+ ItsTheTino on October 9th, 2014 at 5:33 am said:

I don’t understand what this game is all about. Just looks like a normal guy just trying to live his normal life.

+ DarthSmurfX on October 9th, 2014 at 5:59 am said:

Sweet! I can’t wait for the new levels. A couple extra trophies would have been nice, but I had a blast playing this game when I first bought it and my only complaint was… I want more. So thanks for the extra levels, YH!

+ Styxinator on October 9th, 2014 at 7:49 am said:

This is awesome! Thanks so much! I had a blast playing this game….plus a bit of irritation lol. I can’t wait to jump back in and laugh my ass off with these new shorts. Thanks again!

+ Neil on October 9th, 2014 at 8:03 am said:

Loved this game. Can’t wait for more.

+ ChaseHammerJ on October 9th, 2014 at 11:52 am said:

I got screwed out of Octodad for free when I bought my PS4 could months ago from Gamestop, kept getting a run around and never got my code. My son was very disappointed.

Glad the game is getting supported with content.

+ swavage415 on October 15th, 2014 at 11:16 am said:

I don’t understand why people care about trophies